Tornado looked awful in the new skill video. Moves randomly, bounces and hits allies?

It's pretty bad. The damage and prone is decent but being Foe only, AoE having a small width, and moving as a projectile instead of instant hitting everything in AoE makes it quite bad. It's not random though it moves in a straight line and bounces on walls or other impassable terrain.

Why couldn't they just get a big circle-shaped tornado AoE that repeatedly damages and prones people in the area? Basically like Slicken was at release but with some damage.

Does it show the bounce trajectory? I mean does it have the target/aoe marker thingy. Because the barbarians echoing shout also bounces once but it's hard to aim because you don't see where the bounce will go.

Tornado looked awful in the new skill video. Moves randomly, bounces and hits allies?

It's pretty bad. The damage and prone is decent but being Foe only, AoE having a small width, and moving as a projectile instead of instant hitting everything in AoE makes it quite bad. It's not random though it moves in a straight line and bounces on walls or other impassable terrain.

Why couldn't they just get a big circle-shaped tornado AoE that repeatedly damages and prones people in the area? Basically like Slicken was at release but with some damage.

Does it show the bounce trajectory?

Nope.

Fighter

LVL 7:
Overbearing Guard:

Passive, Disengagement Attacks have increased Acc, Damage (unspecified) and 5s prone (acc vs fort).

Fearless:

Passive, Immune against Frightened, Terrified

LVL 11:
Charge:

2/Encounter, dash to designated point, along the way 50-65 crush damage (acc vs fort).

Barbarian

LVL 7:
Blood thirst:

Passive, on kill, reset recovery

LVL 13:
Barbaric Retaliation:

Passive, when hit, retaliate with 8-12 Raw damage (acc vs def) (damage had no tooltip, maybe its equipped weapon?)

Monk

LVL 7:
The long pain:

2 wounds, for 30s, fists are replaced by "Long Pain Fist" (summon weapon Long Pain Fist for each hand)

(Universal, Unarmed, One handed, Range 12m, Speed: Average, 12-18 crush vs def)

(Shoot energy balls from your hands. WOW, its possible to build an all out dragonball fighter now)

LVL 13:
Skyward kick:

2/Encounter, Primary Attack (acc vs def), Prone 3s (acc vs fort)

Paladin

LVL 7:
Aegis of Loyalty:

Passive, characters that are charmed/dominated/confused have -20 acc vs paladin, paladin attacks will do minimum damage and cancel those debuffs on hit

LVL 13:
Abjuration:

1/Encounter, target spirit/summoned creature, destroy vessels with lower level than paladin, 65-75 raw damage against vessel with level greater or equal to paladin (acc vs fort)

Ranger

LVL 7:
Heal Compantion:

2/Encounter, heal animal companion for 30+10*(every 3 levels over 1) endurance

LVL 9:
Revive Companion:

1/Rest, revive companion for 50 endurance

LVL 11:
Powder Burns:

Modal, Firearms get cone area, ranger becomes blinded each shot

Rogue

LVL 7:
Persistant Distraction:

Passive, when rogue flanks, enemy gets distracted affliction

LVL 13:
Shadow Step:

1/Encounter, teleport to target area, reset recovery, stay for some unspecified time, teleport back to position of activation

And thats all for today folks! Hopefully, I did not oversee anything.

Its midnight here and I want to play the game from the beginning, so I won't see LVL 15 abilities anytime soon. Would be nice if someone cared to post them for me ;)

Edit: Typos, Formatting, Clarification

Edited by Doppelschwert
  • Like 6

all the missing love for the martials makes me sad :(

But rejoice, my game will be dowloaded in 30 minutes and i will list the new abilities up to level 14 for them.

Its all my fault for only posting the new caster stuff.

I'll post the new Rogue and Paladin stuff later. I want to actually play the game =/

Totally understandable, go wild! :)

I'd be playing the game as well if it was daytime or I wouldn't need to work tomorrow.

Instead of posting the paladin and rogue stuff thats been taken care of now, play the game on my behalf a little longer ;)

I like the ranged weapon summon for the monk from a conceptual point of view very much.

I checked it and they scale with level (pretty much as the normal fists), so you can just go ranged whenever you want.

In particular, it's the only ranged weapon you can dual wield!

Moreover, seems like they count as melee weapons, so it's the only way to use melee modifiers on a ranged attack (that needs some testing to see if this is really true though, couldn't tell if the fists actually alternated in striking).

For me that's just plain fun. I didn't even know I wanted that and now I will completely base my next playthrough around that ability. This is like an instant 10/10 just for the sake of this skill.

Regarding the kick, yeah, seems pretty bad, but there is still the quivering palm ability at lvl 15 from the teaser video which seems pretty badass.

Edited by Doppelschwert

the long fist has the highest base damage of any weapon (same as arquebuses) in the game once maxed out. it also scales better then fists on the same levels. its basically like a gun that can be spammed at dual wield melee speed.

i was playing around with my 21 might monk and had 33 - 48 as listed damage.. if u stack more damage buffs and add the monk's natural lashes the damage is insane. pretty sure it will be nerfed.

the other 2 skills are kinda bad though.. the kick would be decent if it was full attack and resonance doesnt last long enough to be effective.. maybe on a dragon it might be useful after u get like 20 hits on him.

Edited by dudex

Triggered Immunity

2 per encounter

Speed: Instant

Effects:

User: Immune to Slash Damage for 15.0 sec

If the fighter is hit by damage that does at least 10% of his or her total Endurance, he or she will gain immunity to that damage type for a short duration.

Feign Death

1 per encounter

Speed: Instant

Effects:

Self: Invisible, Immune to Engagment, Untargetable, Break Engagments for 6.0 sec

User: +20 Endurance, Untargetable for 10.0 sec, Prone for 10.0 sec, Damage Shield for 10.0 sec

The rogue collapses to the ground and pretends to be out of a fight, regaining Endurance and biding his or her time until the moment is right to return to battle. When the rogue stands up, he or she becomes invisible for a short period of time.

Behold the Martyr

1 per encounter

Speed: Average

Range: 6m

Area of Effect: Target + 3.5m Radius

AoE Duration: 15 sec

Effects:

Foe AoE: -8 Damage Reduction over 3.0 sec, -25% Attack Speed over 3.0 sec | Accuracy vs. Will

Friendly AoE: +8 Damage Reduction over 3.0 sec, +25% Attack Speed over 3.0 sec

The paladin targets a fallen ally, creating a pulsing beacon over them that icnreases the Speed and Damage Reduction of nearby allies while decreasing the Speed and Damage Reduction of nearby enemies. The beacon disappears if the ally is revived. If the paladin is knocked out in battle, this ability is automatically applied to him or her.

Vengeful Grief

Passive

Effects:

Self: +20% Damage, +1.3 Move Speed, +20% Attack Speed

When a ranger or his or her animal companion are knocked out, the partner suffers the normal effects of Bonded grief, but becomes filled with focused rage for a short duration. While so focused, they gain Speed, Movement, and do additional Damage.

Resonant Touch

1 per encounter

Area of Effect: 3.0m Radius from Caster

Effects:

AoE: 10 Raw Damage per Resonance | Accuracy vs. Will

Grants Resonant Touch.

Passive

Effects:

Foe Target: Resonance when dealt at least 10 damage

The monk's strikes generate a sympathetic resonance between the monk and his or her target. Successive strikes increase the intensity of the resonance. At a time of the monk's choosing, the monk can cause the resonance to inflict devastating Raw damage to anyone currently carrying them.

Echoing Shout

1 per encounter

Area of Effect: Length: 30m, bounces up to 1 times

Interrupt: 0.5 sec (Average)

Effects:

Target: 35-50 Crush Damage, Dazed for 6.0 sec | Accuracy (+10) vs. Fortitude

The barbarian projects his or her rage into a wave of energy that causes Crush damage and Dazes everyone caught in its path. If the shout strikes a solid surface, it will bounce once.

Underwhelming? Yep. The new lower level stuff for the martial classes is more exciting IMHO.

• Like 4

Behold the Martyr is great!

And it can be applied to ranger's animal companion original.gif

------

Have tried new chanter's phrase (+100% healing). I think it can be especially good if you have Kind Wayfarer paladin. (added Strange Mercy to Pallegina via console)

VXWRh0S.png

And that's with only 14 might and even without +healing bonus from survival. Gotta test new "The Sword and the shepherd" too.

------

P.S. Exact stats of new summoned weapons:

Caedebald's Blackbow:

9tFQMZx.png

Reaping Knives: (and yes it can't be cast on self)

K3rvlKS.png

Edited by MaxQuest
  • Like 3

Does anybody know if Resonance gets applied with Torment's Reach? That would make it great, too.

I'm pretty sure it applies to any attack so long as it deals more than 10 damage. I'm wondering if it'll also work on their fire and ice clones, probably won't but it would be amazing if it did.

"There was a Ranger, had a Dog,

And Beacon was his name, oh !"

Works also with pessimistic barbarian.

Hey, pessimistic barbarian sounds like a build title (blooded, vengeful defeat, barbarian retaliation, fire godlike, paladin party member with Behold the Martyr...)

Should be named Kenny.

Edited by Elric Galad
  • Like 1

Does anybody know if Resonance gets applied with Torment's Reach? That would make it great, too.

I'm pretty sure it applies to any attack so long as it deals more than 10 damage. I'm wondering if it'll also work on their fire and ice clones, probably won't but it would be amazing if it did.

I',m just testing this. Torment's Reach works. The ranged fists are one-handed - so no speed bonus from two weapon style. But Lightning Strikes works.

Deadfire Community Patch: Nexus Mods

am I missunderstanding? but issnt behold the martyr rly bad. I mean it only seem to last 3 seconds, thats nothing

It pulses every 3 seconds for a duration of 15 sec (base). Like Chill Fog, Sacred Immolation and so on. It's great. You can also hire a wizard and a sticky barb: when the barb gets surrounded and goes down with Vengeful Defat, you cast Behold the Martyr on him and let the wizard or druid cast some AoE on that spot.

For a retaliation/vengeful defeat barb there are also some really nice, new items out there that retaliate with afflictions if you get hit. My monk just causes weakened (Enervating Blows), Sickened (item) and Daze (item). Great! :)

The Long Pain works with Penetrating Shot, not Vulnerable Attack. So I assume it also doesn't profit from other melee-only talents like Savage Attack. But it works with Resonance and that is really great. With Lightning Strikes and Turning Wheel you always cause Resonance and you can "mark" enemies one after anoher without overkilling them. Then run into their midst and trigger the raw damage - all dead! :)

Edit: Savage Attack doesn't work with Long Pain. But Marksman and the Wood Elf racial do! Welcome, Wood Elf Monk, finally. ;) You can shoot very fast with this fist. I had nearly no recovery with Lightning Strikes and Penetrating Shot. Paired with Long Stride this setup can turn you into a great ranged character. I wonder if you can wear a shield while having this. The durgan reinforcement from a shield would make you even faster. And with the Alia Braccia and Soul Mirror you woul reflect spells and arrows like crazy while shooting fast at the same time...

Edit2: the duplicates don't cause Resonance. ;) I didn't test scrolls, multiclass talents and spell bindings yet. 

Edited by Boeroer

Boeroer, no recovery wearing what?

"Time is not your enemy. Forever is."

— Fall-From-Grace, Planescape: Torment

"It's the questions we can't answer that teach us the most. They teach us how to think. If you give a man an answer, all he gains is a little fact. But give him a question, and he'll look for his own answers."

— Kvothe, The Wise Man's Fears

My Deadfire mods: Brilliant Mod | Faster Deadfire | Deadfire Unnerfed | Helwalker Rekke | Permanent Per-Rest Bonuses | PoE Items for Deadfire | No Recyled Icons | Soul Charged Nautilus

And it can be applied to ranger's animal companion original.gif

------

Have tried new chanter's phrase (+100% healing). I think it can be especially good if you have Kind Wayfarer paladin. (added Strange Mercy to Pallegina via console)

VXWRh0S.png

And that's with only 14 might and even without +healing bonus from survival. Gotta test new "The Sword and the shepherd" too.

------

P.S. Exact stats of new summoned weapons:

Caedebald's Blackbow:

9tFQMZx.png

Reaping Knives: (and yes it can't be cast on self)

K3rvlKS.png

Ranger seems super good now, pet is awesome for martyr and Ranger gets damage and attack speed bonus if pet is knocked out.