RANDOM VIDEO GAME NEWS

Blarghagh

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GwNjuXG_DKo&ab_channel=NeocoreGames

OMG WH40K INQUISITOR RPG I'M getting progressively less and less interested. *sigh*, why should a bloody game about a WH40k Inquisitor, which is a character mostly interesting for investigation and potential for a very unorthodox look at WH40k world outside of front-line warfare (which is something Dark Heresy thankfully realized), be all about shooting things all the time? We already have Spess Marine, we don't need more of these.

• Like 2

-video-

OMG WH40K INQUISITOR RPG I'M getting progressively less and less interested. *sigh*, why should a bloody game about a WH40k Inquisitor, which is a character mostly interesting for investigation and potential for a very unorthodox look at WH40k world outside of front-line warfare (which is something Dark Heresy thankfully realized), be all about shooting things all the time? We already have Spess Marine, we don't need more of these.

Whaaaaaat?!? When was this announced?

"because they filled mommy with enough mythic power to become a demi-god" - KP

Eh, about a year ago I think? I'm not sure. At any rate, it's by NeocoreGames, developers of Incredible adventures of Van Helsing, so it's likely going to be solid at the very least - and the destruction does look impressive.

Eh, about a year ago I think? I'm not sure.

Not that long ago. Some months back though, yes.

July 16th 2015

http://www.neocoregames.com/2015/07/announcing-warhammer-40000-inquisitor-martyr/

Edited by melkathi

Unobtrusively informing you about my new ebook (which you should feel free to read and shower with praise).

Eh, about a year ago I think? I'm not sure.

Not that long ago. Some months back though, yes.

July 16th 2015

http://www.neocoregames.com/2015/07/announcing-warhammer-40000-inquisitor-martyr/

Huh... time sure flies I guess.

Man, I want this baby: http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/digitalfoundry-2016-nvidia-unveils-gtx-1080-and-gtx-1070

Wondering if you could build a system with that beast on it and install Win 7, Win 10 is just a mess for older games and such. I want to be able to to play the Stalker games on my rig.

I liked Shadow of the Beast the original. The trailer for the remake seemed...gory?

True. It looks a little too God of War-ish but hopefully, that's just the trailer.

There used to be a signature here, a really cool one...and now it's gone.  

You can, but as more DX12 games come out, you'll have to move on at some point. That said, it's perfectly viable to dual-boot Win7 with Win10, you can even do it on the same licence I think - i.e. do the free Win10 upgrade, then install Win7 back onto the same PC. Only thing to watch for in that case would be the Win7 install automatically upgrading itself to Win10: personally I've been using this third-party utility to prevent that from happening on a couple machines that I need Win7 on.

• Like 1

L I E S T R O N G
L I V E W R O N G

Damn!

You can, but as more DX12 games come out, you'll have to move on at some point. That said, it's perfectly viable to dual-boot Win7 with Win10, you can even do it on the same licence I think - i.e. do the free Win10 upgrade, then install Win7 back onto the same PC. Only thing to watch for in that case would be the Win7 install automatically upgrading itself to Win10: personally I've been using this third-party utility to prevent that from happening on a couple machines that I need Win7 on.

I guess that is pretty much the only thing I can do unless Steam OS becomes what it really promises to be.

• Like 1

Ideally, Vulkan would become the API of choice and make DX12 (nearly) obsolete.  In theory, it holds all the advantages of DX12 (the two APIs are extremely similar), is cross-platform, and works just fine on previous versions of Windows, so long as you have the necessary hardware.  In practice, we'll have to wait a few years for both APIs to mature and a large enough batch of games running each API to be available before we can truly compare the two.  We already know Croteam are fully behind Vulkan, as The Talos Principle is in the process of being ported to Vulkan (it's partially there now) and the upcoming Serious Sam 4 will almost certainly run on Vulkan.  Doom 4 was recently shown running on Vulkan, so id (and perhaps Bethesda) are at least considering it.  Obviously, I fully expect all Valve and Epic games in the future to support Vulkan as they are 2 of the companies most involved in developing and pushing Vulkan.

Edited by Keyrock
  • Like 2

sky_twister_suzu.gif.bca4b31c6a14735a9a4b5a279a428774.gif
🇺🇸RFK Jr 2024🇺🇸

"Any organization created out of fear must create fear to survive." - Bill Hicks

I'll be interested to see if they manage to capture the dreary soul crushing nature of trench warfare that was WWI or if they discard any shred of authenticity in favor of spectacular setpieces.  I'm guessing it will be the latter.

• Like 1

🇺🇸RFK Jr 2024🇺🇸

"Any organization created out of fear must create fear to survive." - Bill Hicks

That would be a very safe bet, judging by the trailer.. If you want WW1 I can recommend Verdun

I've heard good things about it, but it's MP only, right?

🇺🇸RFK Jr 2024🇺🇸

Yes, very similar to Red Orchestra, but my buddy tells me the last few updates have made it very arcade oriented- basically you have to keep moving.

Fortune favors the bald.

Yes, very similar to Red Orchestra, but my buddy tells me the last few updates have made it very arcade oriented- basically you have to keep moving.

Ros have you ever read about the battle Verdun?

I recommend this  book http://www.amazon.com/Price-Glory-Verdun-1916/dp/0140170413

Even if you have read other books about Verdun you must read this one, its evocative, compelling, disturbing and haunting

"Abashed the devil stood and felt how awful goodness is and saw Virtue in her shape how lovely: and pined his loss”

John Milton 

"We don't stop playing because we grow old; we grow old because we stop playing.” -  George Bernard Shaw

"What counts in life is not the mere fact that we have lived. It is what difference we have made to the lives of others that will determine the significance of the life we lead" - Nelson Mandela

I'll be interested to see if they manage to capture the dreary soul crushing nature of trench warfare that was WWI or if they discard any shred of authenticity in favor of spectacular setpieces.  I'm guessing it will be the latter.

From what I've heard, the gameplay is similar to Bad Company games. That is a very good thing if it's true.

• Like 1

Damn!

Now, I'm not into that kind of games, but that looks completely awesome.

Heh, I already know that this game will be totally over the top and all that jazz, but yet the setting interests me so much for years (and there are only few games who use it), that I do actually feel very tempted to play this one.

"only when you no-life you can exist forever, because what does not live cannot die."

http://stellariscountdown.com/

time is for continental Europe

hoped that i could start downloading before I get to work, now i will have to DL whole afternoon :(

PS: that new Battlefield looks kick ass, but I feel it will be far from BF1/BF2 which i loved. Well, there is still ARMA

Edited by Chilloutman
  • Like 2

I'm the enemy, 'cause I like to think, I like to read. I'm into freedom of speech, and freedom of choice. I'm the kinda guy that likes to sit in a greasy spoon and wonder, "Gee, should I have the T-bone steak or the jumbo rack of barbecue ribs with the side-order of gravy fries?" I want high cholesterol! I wanna eat bacon, and butter, and buckets of cheese, okay?! I wanna smoke a Cuban cigar the size of Cincinnati in the non-smoking section! I wanna run naked through the street, with green Jell-O all over my body, reading Playboy magazine. Why? Because I suddenly may feel the need to, okay, pal? I've SEEN the future. Do you know what it is? It's a 47-year-old virgin sitting around in his beige pajamas, drinking a banana-broccoli shake, singing "I'm an Oscar Meyer Wiene"