RANDOM VIDEO GAME NEWS

Blarghagh

Just because CCP makes good trailers

• Like 1

Why has elegance found so little following? Elegance has the disadvantage that hard work is needed to achieve it and a good education to appreciate it. - Edsger Wybe Dijkstra

Just because CCP makes good trailers

thez reallz have mate. I cant believe that that old game is still is one of best i have ever played. I didnt get even that hype for Star Citizen, it looks so mediocre in coparions to EVE. I wish I have again that time to get into space with my corp again :(

I'm the enemy, 'cause I like to think, I like to read. I'm into freedom of speech, and freedom of choice. I'm the kinda guy that likes to sit in a greasy spoon and wonder, "Gee, should I have the T-bone steak or the jumbo rack of barbecue ribs with the side-order of gravy fries?" I want high cholesterol! I wanna eat bacon, and butter, and buckets of cheese, okay?! I wanna smoke a Cuban cigar the size of Cincinnati in the non-smoking section! I wanna run naked through the street, with green Jell-O all over my body, reading Playboy magazine. Why? Because I suddenly may feel the need to, okay, pal? I've SEEN the future. Do you know what it is? It's a 47-year-old virgin sitting around in his beige pajamas, drinking a banana-broccoli shake, singing "I'm an Oscar Meyer Wiene"

Why would you even mention Star Citizen and EVE together? Isn't one a space sim and the other a MMORPG at their core?

I think calling EVE a MMOSS (Massively Multiplayer Online Space Sim) wouldn't be inaccurate...though you don't get to fly your ship the way you generally do in space sims, but the economy/political/fleet aspects...

Lovely game, alas, I don't have (or want to spend) the time the game requires to truly enjoy it.

Edited by marelooke

Steam paid mods are probably coming back for the launch of Fallout 4's GECK or whatever they're calling its mod tools. Fun times if so.

Let the outrage begin anew.

phrl12s.gif

Edited by Keyrock
  • Like 1

sky_twister_suzu.gif.bca4b31c6a14735a9a4b5a279a428774.gif
🇺🇸RFK Jr 2024🇺🇸

"Any organization created out of fear must create fear to survive." - Bill Hicks

Not sure if 100% technically correct, but aren't there already paid mods on Steam? I'm not even going to point at Black Mesa, but stuff like this. It confused me when nobody cared about this. Is it because it's a stand-alone mod and not just a tiny addon? Kinda hypocritical, imo.

"only when you no-life you can exist forever, because what does not live cannot die."

If going down that route there's things like the fan made commercial Hearts of Iron/ Europa Universalis mod standalones too. They're all standalone games though, you don't have all the problems that came up with the previous paid mod fiasco like stealing/ 'stealing' (depending on perspective) resources from unpaid mods, compatibility, "you wouldn't pirate a mod" etc etc with them. Prospekt is also made for a Valve game, and the ship of paid mods for Valve games hasn't just sailed it's circumnavigated the globe several times in the interim. You can also, well, just not buy standalones.

F4 is a pretty terrible fit because it hasn't been received all that well and because the 'mods will fix it' attitude associated with Bethesda games. $60 for a game then $60 for mods to fix it with bulk of that going to those who have put no labour into those mods is a dream scenario for Bethesda (and Valve), not so much for anyone else who got the game fixed for free beforehand.

Edited by Zoraptor

http://www.idigitaltimes.com/cyberpunk-2077-news-cd-projekt-red-overhauling-dev-tools-official-work-begins-529132

In order to deliver on the already high expectations for the game, CD Projekt RED is first going to improve the software used in-house to make the game. Teixeira explained that developing The Witcher 3 was such a long and involved process that the team kept notes along the way of the tools they want to make things easier.

“The most important thing that’s happening at the moment is that the programmers are taking the feedback we gave them from working on The Witcher . As cliche as it sounds it was a big learning experience,” he said, explaining that by the end of the development everyone had a list of features they wanted for new dev tools. “The programmers are updating our software quite drastically.”

Edited by Malcador

Why has elegance found so little following? Elegance has the disadvantage that hard work is needed to achieve it and a good education to appreciate it. - Edsger Wybe Dijkstra

Not sure if 100% technically correct, but aren't there already paid mods on Steam? I'm not even going to point at Black Mesa, but stuff like this. It confused me when nobody cared about this. Is it because it's a stand-alone mod and not just a tiny addon? Kinda hypocritical, imo.

Also the weapon packs of Killing Floor 1 are essentially paid mods

John Romero returns with Blackroom!

Can't. Stop. Laughing.

:lol:

Here, laugh harder

What was Romero thinking?

Edited by Nordicus

13082533_1036643816412359_71364892545717

"While it is true you learn with age, the down side is what you often learn is what a damn fool you were before"

Thomas Sowell

Yeah the Argonia one looked more likely. Besides Valenwood would be a terrible setting.

Besides, they are not going to say a word about ES6 until the last penny is wrung out of FO4.

Edited by Guard Dog

"While it is true you learn with age, the down side is what you often learn is what a damn fool you were before"

Thomas Sowell

Showed that to a good friend of mine and this what he had to say: "He's literally talking about Romero the same way an evangelist would talk about Jesus."

QFT.

There used to be a signature here, a really cool one...and now it's gone.  

I loled really hard :D

• Like 2

Sent from my Stone Tablet, using Chisel-a-Talk 2000BC.

My youtube channel: MamoulianFH
Latest Let's Play Tales of Arise (completed)
Latest Bossfight Compilation Dark Souls Remastered - New Game (completed)

Let's Play/AAR Europa Universalis 1: Austria Grand Campaign (completed)
Let's Play/AAR Europa Universalis 2: Xhosa Grand Campaign (completed)
My PS Platinums and 100% - 29 games so far (my PSN profile)

1) God of War III - PS3 - 24+ hours

2) Final Fantasy XIII - PS3 - 130+ hours

3) White Knight Chronicles International Edition - PS3 - 525+ hours

4) Hyperdimension Neptunia - PS3 - 80+ hours

5) Final Fantasy XIII-2 - PS3 - 200+ hours

6) Tales of Xillia - PS3 - 135+ hours

7) Hyperdimension Neptunia mk2 - PS3 - 152+ hours

8.) Grand Turismo 6 - PS3 - 81+ hours (including Senna Master DLC)

9) Demon's Souls - PS3 - 197+ hours

10) Tales of Graces f - PS3 - 337+ hours

11) Star Ocean: The Last Hope International - PS3 - 750+ hours

12) Lightning Returns: Final Fantasy XIII - PS3 - 127+ hours

13) Soulcalibur V - PS3 - 73+ hours

14) Gran Turismo 5 - PS3 - 600+ hours

15) Tales of Xillia 2 - PS3 - 302+ hours

16) Mortal Kombat XL - PS4 - 95+ hours

17) Project CARS Game of the Year Edition - PS4 - 120+ hours

18) Dark Souls - PS3 - 197+ hours

19) Hyperdimension Neptunia Victory - PS3 - 238+ hours

20) Final Fantasy Type-0 - PS4 - 58+ hours

21) Journey - PS4 - 9+ hours

22) Dark Souls II - PS3 - 210+ hours

23) Fairy Fencer F - PS3 - 215+ hours

24) Megadimension Neptunia VII - PS4 - 160 hours

25) Super Neptunia RPG - PS4 - 44+ hours

26) Journey - PS3 - 22+ hours

27) Final Fantasy XV - PS4 - 263+ hours (including all DLCs)

28) Tales of Arise - PS4 - 111+ hours

29) Dark Souls: Remastered - PS4 - 121+ hours

Love that Apex/Apple is the ultimate villain tool though..

That said, yeah that was.. stupid.. but at least they're trying to make a backstory to actually explain their setting, something a lot of AAA games can't be arsed with these days.

• Like 1

Fortune favors the bald.