So have attitudes changed much on Germany over this? Reading reports of it seeming that way but those are reports.

Any Germans around?

Dunno, I don't see much of it, to be honest. I rarely watch tv, so I can't really say what the mass media is thinking. All in all it feels like the politic wants to sit this out / remains fully silent as much as possible.

From the people I know in my area here, nobody reported negative events related to refugees yet. Just that "they stand at the streets in masses every day" or something along the line. Also occasionally something with prejudice mixed in, but never anything to back up the claims. Me personally, I rarely see any of the refugees. Maybe I live in a too rich area or what, no idea.

What *did* happen in the past few weeks, though, is that nobody I know now talks about refugees in a all-good light anymore. It seems as if nobody wants to talk about the issue anymore and as soon as someone does, you get at least one mentioning it being a scary situation, especially for women.

Oh, and while I am at it- we had some vigilante groups made up of nazis, bouncer and other such stuff roaming the streets, "cleaning up" with beating up random people who don't look like germans, etc. What I hate the most about it (other than it being vigilantism, which is always bad), is that now they do so while pretending to "protect our women" (which they - honestly - never before gave a shait about). It's real annoying, man.

• Like 4

"only when you no-life you can exist forever, because what does not live cannot die."

The shame. I wouldn't give him a McDonalds coupon, let alone a passport.

И погибе Српски кнез Лазаре,
И његова сва изгибе војска, 
Седамдесет и седам иљада;
Све је свето и честито било
И миломе Богу приступачно.

• Like 1

He's the kind of man you could write a good book about. Such a litany of nonsense sounds more like fiction than anything real

Ah ok, thanks for that Lexx

Why has elegance found so little following? Elegance has the disadvantage that hard work is needed to achieve it and a good education to appreciate it. - Edsger Wybe Dijkstra

^Don't worry, 18 000 people have already arrived at the island of Lesbos in Greece. The amount last year 752, so there's a lot more to come.

"Some men see things as they are and say why?"
"I dream things that never were and say why not?"
- George Bernard Shaw

"Hope in reality is the worst of all evils because it prolongs the torments of man."
- Friedrich Nietzsche

"The amount of energy necessary to refute bull**** is an order of magnitude bigger than to produce it."

- Some guy 

article-2302273-190483E6000005DC-370_634

Imam of Cologne blaming German girls for New Year's fikki-fikki.

http://dailycaller.com/2016/01/20/cologne-imam-blames-women-for-being-assaulted/#ixzz3xrpc1biO

“If they walk half-naked and use perfume, then things will happen,” Abu-Yusuf said. “A man, a woman…it’s like a splash of oil into the fire.”
Abu-Yusuf also criticized the public’s strong reaction to the assaults by saying people “need to react properly, and not add fuel to the fire.”

Those don't look like sniper rifles but sport rifles (light rifles used in biathlon)

And quick googling tells that picture is from biathlon range with biathlon rifles, where high school students are taught said sport. Including about 50 students with immigrant/refugee background from all around world.

Article where this net rumor originated

http://www.allehanda.se/angermanland/solleftea/laddade-for-prickskytte

and clarifications regarding cited "sniper training" article from same publication

http://www.allehanda.se/angermanland/solleftea/clarifications-regarding-cited-sniper-training-article

• Like 2

Imam of Cologne blaming German girls for New Year's fikki-fikki.

http://dailycaller.com/2016/01/20/cologne-imam-blames-women-for-being-assaulted/#ixzz3xrpc1biO

“If they walk half-naked and use perfume, then things will happen,” Abu-Yusuf said. “A man, a woman…it’s like a splash of oil into the fire.”

Abu-Yusuf also criticized the public’s strong reaction to the assaults by saying people “need to react properly, and not add fuel to the fire.”

The proper reaction is to add him to the fire

Edited by Drowsy Emperor
  • Like 1

• Like 1

What a bizarre thing to do, this is only going to increase animosity from the Muslim community in Tajikistan 

"Abashed the devil stood and felt how awful goodness is and saw Virtue in her shape how lovely: and pined his loss”

John Milton 

"We don't stop playing because we grow old; we grow old because we stop playing.” -  George Bernard Shaw

"What counts in life is not the mere fact that we have lived. It is what difference we have made to the lives of others that will determine the significance of the life we lead" - Nelson Mandela

Those don't look like sniper rifles but sport rifles (light rifles used in biathlon)

The basics are the same. Most people start with a small caliber iron-sighted rifle and work their way up to scoped precision rifle, thats the usual procedure for marksmanship training. 

Trigger discipline, stance, breath control, heartbeat, patience etc. is required when shooting any rifle. 

I gazed at the dead, and for one dark moment I saw a banquet. 

What a bizarre thing to do, this is only going to increase animosity from the Muslim community in Tajikistan 

Tajikistan is a muslim country you doofus

Edited by Drowsy Emperor

Yes I know but if you read the article it says the government is secular ....I suppose I meant to say " this will increase Muslim extremism " 

But the whole country looks very dysfunctional on various levels  

"Abashed the devil stood and felt how awful goodness is and saw Virtue in her shape how lovely: and pined his loss”

John Milton 

"We don't stop playing because we grow old; we grow old because we stop playing.” -  George Bernard Shaw

"What counts in life is not the mere fact that we have lived. It is what difference we have made to the lives of others that will determine the significance of the life we lead" - Nelson Mandela

Yes I know but if you read the article it says the government is secular ....I suppose I meant to say " this will increase Muslim extremism " 

But the whole country looks very dysfunctional on various levels

Maybe they are trying to fix that dysfunction? Mind you shaving beards is just stupid but trying to get womens back to social life and push their husbands to disband shackles of oppression doesnt sound that bad. Still the way is wrong, nothing forced ever worked

I'm the enemy, 'cause I like to think, I like to read. I'm into freedom of speech, and freedom of choice. I'm the kinda guy that likes to sit in a greasy spoon and wonder, "Gee, should I have the T-bone steak or the jumbo rack of barbecue ribs with the side-order of gravy fries?" I want high cholesterol! I wanna eat bacon, and butter, and buckets of cheese, okay?! I wanna smoke a Cuban cigar the size of Cincinnati in the non-smoking section! I wanna run naked through the street, with green Jell-O all over my body, reading Playboy magazine. Why? Because I suddenly may feel the need to, okay, pal? I've SEEN the future. Do you know what it is? It's a 47-year-old virgin sitting around in his beige pajamas, drinking a banana-broccoli shake, singing "I'm an Oscar Meyer Wiene"