So a police chief expresses sympathy for a 15-year old boy, which sparks outrage, and it is the sympathy that is the problem in this scenario?

The video speaks for itself.

At first he talks in a monotone voice how sad it is on what happened to the volunteer. Then at the 15 second-mark and onwards his voice changes to a slightly more sad to almost cracking, a slight stammer appears and his facial expression turns more morose when he wonders what can make a child to do such a thing, what kind of trauma or background he must've had and how this shows that life is never fair in different parts of the world.

It simply comes off as he has more sympathy for the murderer than for the victim.

"Some men see things as they are and say why?"
"I dream things that never were and say why not?"
- George Bernard Shaw

"Hope in reality is the worst of all evils because it prolongs the torments of man."
- Friedrich Nietzsche

"The amount of energy necessary to refute bull**** is an order of magnitude bigger than to produce it."

- Some guy 

So a police chief expresses sympathy for a 15-year old boy, which sparks outrage, and it is the sympathy that is the problem in this scenario?

Well most people don't sympathise with killers. Not all that shocked that he is Somali, heh.

Cop should have just kept his mouth shut.

Why has elegance found so little following? Elegance has the disadvantage that hard work is needed to achieve it and a good education to appreciate it. - Edsger Wybe Dijkstra

Yes, it is felt he should have no sympathy as the victim is the 22 year old lady and not the 15 year old  Somalian who killed her

It is hard to find any sympathy for the Somalian refugee 

"Abashed the devil stood and felt how awful goodness is and saw Virtue in her shape how lovely: and pined his loss”

John Milton 

"We don't stop playing because we grow old; we grow old because we stop playing.” -  George Bernard Shaw

"What counts in life is not the mere fact that we have lived. It is what difference we have made to the lives of others that will determine the significance of the life we lead" - Nelson Mandela

You guys have to understand that nobody is responsible for their actions. You can only go with the hand that life deals you and if everyone in your vicinity pays the price for that, then bummer for them. Its beyond that persons ability to control themselves or live in a civilized manner. :shrugz: The reality is, someone should be setting up a Gofundme page for this kid.

You guys have to understand that nobody is responsible for their actions. You can only go with the hand that life deals you and if everyone in your vicinity pays the price for that, then bummer for them. Its beyond that persons ability to control themselves or live in a civilized manner. :shrugz: The reality is, someone should be setting up a Gofundme page for this kid.

WTF?! By your words any monstrous criminal innocent like baby. It's not his fault it's life force him to do that.

P.S. Sorry guys, but i so pragmatic person (as all Russians). I have sympathy for this Swedish girl just because i can considered her as theoretical sex partner. But this boy... i don't want boys. Sorry, i just not gay. Because of this i don't understand all these whining about this poor murderer. For me, personally, life of such girl ( as this victim is ) much more important than lives of hundreds of such boys as this killer.

Edited by obyknven

You can hold someone responsible for their actions and still be sympathetic towards them. It's not an either/or situation.

I guess people are seeing the latter overpowering the former based on his hamfisted speaking.

Why has elegance found so little following? Elegance has the disadvantage that hard work is needed to achieve it and a good education to appreciate it. - Edsger Wybe Dijkstra

Okay. Missed this bit..

I have sympathy for this Swedish girl just because i can considered her as theoretical sex partner. But this boy... i don't want boys. Sorry, i just not gay.

:lol:

WTF?! By your words any monstrous criminal innocent like baby. It's not his fault it's life force him to do that.

2bb06ffa_sure-if-serious-i-am-not.jpeg

It is difficult to detect sarcasm in text, but I was pointing and laughing at those that develop a quivering lip over the plight of the criminals.

Yes it was clear you were being sarcastic and it made me laugh  :biggrin:

"Abashed the devil stood and felt how awful goodness is and saw Virtue in her shape how lovely: and pined his loss”

John Milton 

"We don't stop playing because we grow old; we grow old because we stop playing.” -  George Bernard Shaw

"What counts in life is not the mere fact that we have lived. It is what difference we have made to the lives of others that will determine the significance of the life we lead" - Nelson Mandela

Its not the sympathy itself that's the problem, Swedish leftist (enforced) discourse seems to be that:

1. all criminality is based on societal circumstances of the person, not his/her own fault (something that's demonstrably untrue and is definitely not universal)

2. no 1. especially if the perpetrator is a refugee/muslim 

Thus the argument is no longer about expressing concern for the individual or society itself, but about protecting the extreme pro-migration political stance. Because through blaming "society", "conditions" and other impersonal concepts the individual is partly absolved of guilt and it doesn't look as bad in the media. 

Its sort of pre-empting the inevitable - yet another refugee/muslim committing a crime as an argument in favor of anti-immigration policy.

Edited by Drowsy Emperor

И погибе Српски кнез Лазаре,
И његова сва изгибе војска, 
Седамдесет и седам иљада;
Све је свето и честито било
И миломе Богу приступачно.

Agreed! Those posters should take to heart "What has that officer been through? Under what circumstances has he grown up? What is the trauma he carries?" Its not the officers fault that others got brutalized.

Safety nets for everyone!

Exactly.

Take this one guy who complained about how the budget was handled by the Fresno PD, now found brutally murdered and his house burned down after threats by the Police: 

https://web.archive.org/web/20160127055650/http://fresnopeoplesmedia.com/2016/01/2829/

Videos of unwanted surveillance: 

Those poor police officers, victims of society that created them :(

- George Bernard Shaw

"Hope in reality is the worst of all evils because it prolongs the torments of man."
- Friedrich Nietzsche

"The amount of energy necessary to refute bull**** is an order of magnitude bigger than to produce it."

- Some guy 

Back to topic. Britains former race equality chief has something to say:

http://www.thetimes.co.uk/tto/news/politics/article4675392.ece

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-3418620/Muslims-not-like-just-accept-never-integrate-says-former-racial-equalities-chief-Trevor-Phillips.html

So why should they be allowed in if they dimish the cohesion of society and in the long term, the nation as a whole? Why isn't there instead a stronger coalition in building bigger camps in neighbouring countries? Why isn't cooperation with UNCHR futher developed? And finally, why is there no political pressure on Turkey to line up the smugglers and hang them by the rope?

- George Bernard Shaw

- Friedrich Nietzsche

- Some guy 

It is difficult to detect sarcasm in text, but I was pointing and laughing at those that develop a quivering lip over the plight of the criminals.

Then I guess you are pointing and laughing at the victim, too:

But Miss Mezher, a psychology graduate from the Blekinge Institute of Technology in Karlskrona, was driven by a strong desire to do good, and was fascinated by theories examining why some people commit crime.

She had completed a three-year course in social science for communication and learning and called her dissertation, 'The road to non criminal - a lifestyle change'.

Written with another student, she researched the factors which help offenders break from a life of crime.

It concludes that to make a lifestyle change and be able to break a delinquent behaviour, 'social workers need to build trust in relationships'.

Good thing you're not a criminal and will never be, right?

• Like 1

- When he is best, he is a little worse than a man, and when he is worst, he is little better than a beast.

No, why would I? Unless a war would break out, or someone i care about would be in a mortal danger and I would have means to eliminate that danger.

Otherwise I would not, although people working for investment banks are already a public enemy and called thieves etc., but the truth is, we simply have more guts and higher risk tolerance, plus we can make hard decisions in a heartbeat.

Don't hate the player, hate the game - and the game is about having a comfortable life where you can explore your passions.

Edited by Darkpriest

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-3418620/Muslims-not-like-just-accept-never-integrate-says-former-racial-equalities-chief-Trevor-Phillips.html

So why should they be allowed in if they dimish the cohesion of society and in the long term, the nation as a whole? Why isn't there instead a stronger coalition in building bigger camps in neighbouring countries? Why isn't cooperation with UNCHR futher developed? And finally, why is there no political pressure on Turkey to line up the smugglers and hang them by the rope?

There's a girl wearing the full sith lord all black muslim garb at my office. I gotta say I think it looks silly, but she makes a big effort to fit in and she makes killer cakes and cookies. 

Apropos of nothing 

• Like 1

Na na  na na  na na  ...

greg358 from Darksouls 3 PVP is a CHEATER.

That is all.

This guy remind me nightclub "Londoner" in Spain - visitors of this place consisted from Africans and Arabs only, not Brits ( who in huge quantities just drink in pubs around). I mean why some African guy (Mr Phillips) dictate to Brits how to live? Why Brits must obey to him? How  can such foreign guy be considered as representatives for inhabitants of British isles?

Otherwise I would not, although people working for investment banks are already a public enemy and called thieves etc., but the truth is, we simply have more guts and higher risk tolerance, plus we can make hard decisions in a heartbeat.

Don't hate the player, hate the game - and the game is about having a comfortable life where you can explore your passions.

Ahhahahaha, poor misunderstood, vilified investment bankers whose greatness their lessers simply couldn't tolerate.

Suddenly so much about you becomes clear.

• Like 2

"Lulz is not the highest aspiration of art and mankind, no matter what the Encyclopedia Dramatica says."