Movies You've Seen Recently Thread

Blarghagh

Well, Connery doesn't look as young as I remember:

(pic of juan sánchez villa-lobos ramírez, who actual is beginning to look as if he were born in 896 bc)

But Ford ain't no spring chicken:

(pic of old solo)

the thing that has surprised us 'bout harrison ford is not that he is getting old.  he is old.  what shocks us is just how old he seems in interviews.  am always asking our self if harrison is drunk while doing interviews, 'cause he gots the pregnant pauses and lapses in concentration we associate with the aged and the serious inebriated.

HA! Good Fun! 

• Like 2

"If there be time to expose through discussion the falsehood and fallacies, to avert the evil by the processes of education, the remedy to be applied is more speech, not enforced silence."Justice Louis Brandeis, Concurring, Whitney v. California, 274 U.S. 357 (1927)

"Im indifferent to almost any murder as long as it doesn't affect me or mine."--Gfted1 (September 30, 2019)

My grandfather, when he was alive, was a scoundrel who grew weed in his backyard and sold it - nobody expected a nice, toothless man of that. So when I was there, I would see all manner of old stoners who used weed and assorted other drugs for most of their lives. Ford's not drunk, or senile. He's a lifelong stoner.

• Like 1

It's weird, but when I read American Gods I totally pictured Moon as American Indian.  It's been a long while, so I'm probably wrong.  I thought he was like some mix of Scandinavian and Cherokee.

Edited by Hurlshot

It's weird, but when I read American Gods I totally pictured Moon as American Indian. It's been a long while, so I'm probably wrong. I thought he was like some mix of Scandinavian and Cherokee.

Main character is being played the the guy who plays Lincoln on the 100.

The area between the balls and the butt is a hotbed of terrorist activity.

Devastatorsig.jpg

TheRealStanLeeWorld - 15 movies Disney are preparing to release over the next 3 years

Believe it or not, there was a time when Disney was on the losing end of the live action movie game. Oh sure, they made amazing animated films, and their cartoon cred took a huge uptick when they partnered with Pixar (before eventually adding them to the House of Mouse), but the glory days of Mary Poppins and The World’s Greatest Athlete were decades in the past. Then, someone got the brilliant idea of buying some highly touted (and profitable) properties. Marvel and George Lucas’ Star Wars franchise soon fell under Walt’s umbrella, and the company hasn’t looked back since.

Now, with multiple franchises to balance, the studio has seen fit to schedule titles out well in advance. Below is a gallery featuring 15 potential blockbusters that Disney has in the works. It’s not inclusive – we are just addressing the latest comic book adaptations, Star Wars sequels and spin-offs, and planned Pixar follow-ups. Surely, the company has an entire alternate slate of cinematic goodies in store. Until they drop the dates for those, check out what’s coming in the next three years. It will make the wait until 2019 all the more difficult. Enjoy:

‘Alice Through The Looking Glass‘ (May 27th, 2016)

‘Finding Dory‘ (June 17th, 2016)

‘Doctor Strange‘ (October 26th, 2016)

‘Rogue One: A Star Wars Story‘ (December 16th, 2016)

‘Beauty and the Beast’ (March 17th, 2017)

‘Guardians of the Galaxy Vol. 2’ (May 5th, 2017)

‘Pirates of the Caribbean: Dead Men Tell No Tales’ (July 7th, 2017)

‘Thor: Ragnarok’ (November 23rd, 2017)

‘Black Panther’ (February 16th, 2018)

‘Avengers: Infinity War Parts I & II’ (May 4th, 2018 & May 3rd, 2019)

‘Star Wars’ Spin-off of Han Solo Anthology (May 25th, 2018)

‘Toy Story 4’ (June 15th, 2018)

‘Captain Marvel’ (July 6th, 2018)

‘The Incredibles 2’ (June 21st, 2019)

‘Inhumans’ (July 12th, 2019)

"Cuius testiculos habeas, habeas cardia et cerebellum."

Getting ready for BvS with a refresh of Nolan's run. 

Batman Begins played almost twice as good as last time. Can't explain it, Bale's not that awesome.

*finished The Dark Knight ... the Lambo and the MV Agusta were the best parts, although Maggie G was delightful. On to The Dark Knight Rises. 

Edited by ManifestedISO
  • Like 1

All Stop. On Screen.

Watched Hungers Games Mocking Jay Parts 1 & 2 back to back. I held off watching Part 1 until Part 2 came out. Glad I did because it was seamless when Part 1 ended and Part 2 began. Like they literally cut one 4 hour movie down the middle and made it into two movies.

Also watched Divergent (again) and then Insurgent. Can't wait for the next two sequels.

Decided to give Lockout a look. A complete rip off of Escape from new York but in space. While watching it I thought, okay this is a rip off and not at all surpised Carpenter won a law suit against Luc Besson. I did like this part from the article though:

INT. — JOHN CARPENTER’S HOUSE — NIGHT

It’s March of 2012. A long Steadicam shot glides through a California mansion to reveal horror master John Carpenter as he hammers out some notes on his synthesizer. A television blares innocuously in the background. A commercial for Luc Besson’s Lock-Out plays. Carpenter looks up from the keyboard and lowers his glasses.

JOHN CARPENTER

A movie about an ex-con rescuing the President’s daughter from a prison in space? I bet I can get some money out of this motherf---er.

FADE TO BLACK

Believe it or not, there was a time when Disney was on the losing end of the live action movie game

With all the utter garbage they continue to put out in "the live action movie game", the only thing that surprises me is that they're still not losing here. Hmph.

How I have existed fills me with horror. For I have failed in everything - spelling, arithmetic, riding, tennis, golf; dancing, singing, acting; wife, mistress, whore, friend. Even cooking. And I do not excuse myself with the usual escape of 'not trying'. I tried with all my heart.

In my dreams, I am not crippled. In my dreams, I dance.

Watched Hungers Games Mocking Jay Parts 1 & 2 back to back. I held off watching Part 1 until Part 2 came out. Glad I did because it was seamless when Part 1 ended and Part 2 began. Like they literally cut one 4 hour movie down the middle and made it into two movies.

Also watched Divergent (again) and then Insurgent. Can't wait for the next two sequels.

Decided to give Lockout a look. A complete rip off of Escape from new York but in space. While watching it I thought, okay this is a rip off and not at all surpised Carpenter won a law suit against Luc Besson. I did like this part from the article though:

INT. — JOHN CARPENTER’S HOUSE — NIGHT

It’s March of 2012. A long Steadicam shot glides through a California mansion to reveal horror master John Carpenter as he hammers out some notes on his synthesizer. A television blares innocuously in the background. A commercial for Luc Besson’s Lock-Out plays. Carpenter looks up from the keyboard and lowers his glasses.

JOHN CARPENTER

A movie about an ex-con rescuing the President’s daughter from a prison in space? I bet I can get some money out of this motherf---er.

FADE TO BLACK

It may have been a ripoff of EFNY, but it was also a far more entertaining movie.

Devastatorsig.jpg

10 Cloverfield Lane (2016) - a movie that pretty much rests on the lead cast selling the premise (which, IMO they do).  The film is twisty enough to keep the general audience guessing, I think.  A lot of debate about whether the film ties to Cloverfield or not, but its a waste of thought process IMO - the film's connection to other films (or lack of same) is irrelevant; it's a good, claustrophobic thriller where the audience only knows as much as the main character.

Curse of the Faceless Man (1958) - Richard Anderson stars as a scientist whose fiancee is the reincarnated love of a gladiator who were both killed in the Pompeii eruption. The gladiator returns as a lava-encased body(?) from the Pompeii digs and starts a path of destruction trying to "save" his love from Pompeii's distruction.  The film tries to imply supernatural and scientific rationale to what is going on, but its ultimately silly window dressing for a non-Egyptian based Mummy film.  Fun enough, if you like that kind of film (I have a soft spot for Mummy-type films).  Probably dull for those who do like classic "creature features".  The look for the "Faceless Man" is effectively different.

I cannot - yet I must. How do you calculate that? At what point on the graph do "must" and "cannot" meet? Yet I must - but I cannot! ~ Ro-Man

I found Escape from New York a far more entertaining movie with it's amazing cast, suspense, and style. Lockout was just a run of the mill action movie albeit Escape from New York in Space. We'll have to agree to disagree. YMMV.

EFTN was likely just overhyped for me. I found Kurt Russel the only redeeming part of the movie. Oh, and the chandeliers on the car.

Devastatorsig.jpg

i watched Django unchained... i wonder why the SJWs didnt make a fuss about the language. 

The words freedom and liberty, are diminishing the true meaning of the abstract concept they try to explain. The true nature of freedom is such, that the human mind is unable to comprehend it, so we make a cage and name it freedom in order to give a tangible meaning to what we dont understand, just as our ancestors made gods like Thor or Zeus to explain thunder.

-Teknoman2-

What? You thought it was a quote from some well known wise guy from the past?

Stupidity leads to willful ignorance - willful ignorance leads to hope - hope leads to sex - and that is how a new generation of fools is born!

We are hardcore role players... When we go to bed with a girl, we roll a D20 to see if we hit the target and a D6 to see how much penetration damage we did.

Modern democracy is: the sheep voting for which dog will be the shepherd's right hand.