Video Game Voice Actors Vote to Strike

ktchong

That agent demand is the most cartoonishly villanous thing I've ever heard of.

Meh, you ask for the sky and hope they give you a mountain.

Either way, **** it. I'm praying every day for the ascendance  of the Old ones and the utter disintegration of mankind. Serioulsy, i'm kind of tired of the pettiness of mortals and how capitalism caters to the worst in them. 

I'd say the answer to that question is kind of like the answer to "who's the sucker in this poker game?"*

*If you can't tell, it's you. ;)

village_idiot.gif

Oh no, we might need to go back to reading stuff.   -_-

Anyone who trivializes the bull**** that these people are fighting against down to this is worth an ignore, in my book.

kngr7xS.png

You don't care for VO in your games?

Fine.

But please do not act like this issue is isolated to your wants and needs. This issue isn't about you, me, or what anyone thinks a video game *should* be. These are a bunch of hard-working citizens just trying to get better working conditions, a little more compensation for their work, as well as fight against some draconian demands from employers. 

In short, this is no different from any other strike in any other industry.

So yeah, when you trivalize it with pithy comments, expect to invoke some ire.

Edited by Bryy

You've really opened my eyes to the plight of the disenfranchised VO workers.  I weep for them, quietly of course, so as to fully represent their struggle.  

Somebody already said this earlier, but if I'm really going to feel bad for a group involved in making games, it's going to be the bug testers.

• Like 1

Somebody already said this earlier, but if I'm really going to feel bad for a group involved in making games, it's going to be the bug testers.

So you're annoyed that one group that has the ability to strike is currently striking over another group that currently doesn't?

I don't see where you're getting your indignation for the current situation.

Indignation and annoyance?  Where are you getting that?  I'd say I'm waving my dismissive apathy flag pretty clearly when it comes to this issue.  I post a flippant remark, you post about ignoring me.   :shrugz:

I then posted a cute cat picture.   :thumbsup:

• Like 1

draconian demands from employers?

okie dokie.

am suspecting that not too many folks frequenting this board has worked an ordinary labor job.  right now there is roofers getting paid by the square in arizona when temperatures reach +130 F on on tar paper and tin/aluminum flashing.  hell, there is doctors doing residency and enduring +20 hour shifts or school teachers and their insane functional workload/hours while having to deal with classes o' upwards o' three dozen kids (some of whom is likely having autism and other learning disorders, while others is esl) that don't actual wanna be in school. but hey, no doubt that when hurlshot teaches his students 'bout exploited workers in the USA, he will skip the traditional triangle shirt fire, the ludlow massacre and the lessons o' cesar chavez fighting for the rights o' latino farm workers.  why show kids the grapes of wrath or read from upton sinclair's the jungle when you can reveal how few vo artists is getting residuals?

HA! Good Fun!

ps so is no confusion, am not saying that the vo guys shouldn't ask for more money. if they can get more money, then why should we begrudge their good fortune.  even so, it's vo actors we are talking 'bout.  the list o' demanding jobs that gets insufficient remuneration and evoke pathos in Gromnir is legion... and vo is not 'mongst the  multitude.

Edited by Gromnir
  • Like 1

"If there be time to expose through discussion the falsehood and fallacies, to avert the evil by the processes of education, the remedy to be applied is more speech, not enforced silence."Justice Louis Brandeis, Concurring, Whitney v. California, 274 U.S. 357 (1927)

"Im indifferent to almost any murder as long as it doesn't affect me or mine."--Gfted1 (September 30, 2019)

To be fair, the gaming industry treats everyone like crap. We literally have a higher turnaround than any of those industries because people can't handle the pressure. It is pretty draconian unless you work for an indie dev, in which case you're likely not getting ends to meet.

As for "there isn't enough money to go around if everyone unionizes", I gotta admit Volourn is right on that one. The game industry is **** with budgets.

I like this idea of x employee   wants to be treated better and y employee is mad at x employee because x employee is already doing better than y employee and is jealous and wants to hold them down. Instead of y employee pushing for a better deal and improving their standing they try to drag x employee down to their level. All the while the bllionaire bosses just smile at the carnage.

DIVIDE AND CONQUER.

Oldest trick in the book.

\PATHETIC.

• Like 3

DWARVES IN PROJECT ETERNITY = VOLOURN HAS PLEDGED $250.

I like this idea of x employee   wants to be treated better and y employee is mad at x employee because x employee is already doing better than y employee and is jealous and wants to hold them down. Instead of y employee pushing for a better deal and improving their standing they try to drag x employee down to their level. All the while the bllionaire bosses just smile at the carnage.

DIVIDE AND CONQUER.

Oldest trick in the book.

\PATHETIC.

Personally to combat this i'd deploy a solid mass of Celtic auxillaries behind the lines of my mid line infantry, an iron hard core that can be trusted to hold the enemies attack and delay the maniples wishing to punch through our centre. I'd feed reinforcements to the flanks while sending out my elite Nubian cavalry to meet and destroy the Equites who are trying to outflank me on either side. With the enemy maniples thus surging forward at the centre i'd allow the infantry lines to steadily retreat, in a orderly manner and thus create a reverse bow shape to our line as the enemy thought they were making progress in breaking through.

Hopefully with the enemy horse scattered and driven from the field I could then bring back my own cavalry, hit the enemy in the rear and close either flank so that the encirclement is complete. Butchery should follow.

• Like 2

Quite an experience to live in misery isn't it? That's what it is to be married with children.

I've seen things you people can't even imagine. Pearly Kings glittering on the Elephant and Castle, Morris Men dancing 'til the last light of midsummer. I watched Druid fires burning in the ruins of Stonehenge, and Yorkshiremen gurning for prizes. All these things will be lost in time, like alopecia on a skinhead. Time for tiffin.

Tea for the teapot!

Rather weird reactions here, though not all that shocking.

Why has elegance found so little following? Elegance has the disadvantage that hard work is needed to achieve it and a good education to appreciate it. - Edsger Wybe Dijkstra