What are you playing now.

Rosbjerg

Fallout 4 is unlocked and ready to play.  I was about to get stuck in when I realised I didn't have a cup of tea on my desk...PANIC!  :aiee:

Staring at store page that says FO4 unlocks in 8 hours. 

reported to Pete Hines

• Like 2

The ending of the words is ALMSIVI.

How big is the download ?

Why has elegance found so little following? Elegance has the disadvantage that hard work is needed to achieve it and a good education to appreciate it. - Edsger Wybe Dijkstra

More Wasteland 2.  Just got WRECKED by a giant scorpion robot.  The main robot itself was difficult enough (high HP and does a lot of damage with its attacks), but it also launches a bunch of mini-scorpion robots that attack you as well.

Had to re-load prior to that mission.  I'll either have to level up and get better gear or figure out a better strategy for handling the encounter.

"Console exclusive is such a harsh word." - Darque

"Console exclusive is two words Darque." - Nartwak (in response to Darque's observation)

I got pretty mad at Wasteland 2 yesterday.  I was in Damonta, and decided to leave and come back.  I didn't realize that was a death sentence to everyone I had saved.  My previous save was pretty far back, so I ended up redoing a few hours worth of stuff.

Played some more Fallout 4.

Pros:

-great dialogues

-great voice acting

-modding weapons is easy

-controls are great

-playing holotapes is cool

Cons:

-graphics are mediocre

-House building is a joke and dare I say...it's broken? I still haven't figured out how to make walls that don't overlap each other.

-radio is the same old thing. nothing improved here. works exactly like it did in F3/F:NV

-soundtrack doesn't suit the game very well

-Perk system works but it's really boring compared the original Fallout Skill/Perk system

There used to be a signature here, a really cool one...and now it's gone.  

I wonder if you can max out by ignoring all quests and just going full Minecraft.

You can't go "Minecraft" at all. You can only build/scavange for buidling material at certain settlements. 

This review pretty much explains whatever there is to know about the game:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eFgbt1HIYzs

I got pretty mad at Wasteland 2 yesterday.  I was in Damonta, and decided to leave and come back.  I didn't realize that was a death sentence to everyone I had saved.  My previous save was pretty far back, so I ended up redoing a few hours worth of stuff.

Didn't you hear the DJ cursing at you?

"Moral indignation is a standard strategy for endowing the idiot with dignity." Marshall McLuhan

Didn't you hear the DJ cursing at you?

I must have missed that.

Played some more Fallout 4.

Pros:

-great dialogues

-great voice acting

-modding weapons is easy

-controls are great

-playing holotapes is cool

Cons:

-graphics are mediocre

-House building is a joke and dare I say...it's broken? I still haven't figured out how to make walls that don't overlap each other.

-radio is the same old thing. nothing improved here. works exactly like it did in F3/F:NV

-soundtrack doesn't suit the game very well

-Perk system works but it's really boring compared the original Fallout Skill/Perk system

There is great dialogue in a Bethesda game?!  Is this a first?!

• Like 1

"Console exclusive is two words Darque." - Nartwak (in response to Darque's observation)

Still DA:Inquisition. 

I get that they didn't see much benefit in building a day-night cycle into the game.  That's fine and all-- with no "date" counter, and with the open-worldy elements broken into separate areas (each with campsites already set up) it isn't really necessary to put that much effort into simulating the passage of time.  But that doesn't mean that it isn't annoying when an entire zone is set to "it's always night" for no good reason.  (Well, for "zombies are creepier at night" atmospheric-game-design reasons, rather than reasons supported by any in-game logic.)  Why wouldn't I just take a nap and explore that creepy swamp after sunrise?!

Also, the game continues to suffer from poorly explained UI features.  My main character was level 14 before I discovered that, after you upgrade an ability, you can toggle which of the two available upgrades you want active without re-spec'ing the whole character.  (In fact, you can do it anytime outside of combat.) 

That said, I'm still having a lot of fun with the game.  The Specialization abilities make the combat a lot more enjoyable, and less PEWPEWPEW than it felt at the outset.  I went with a Rift Mage, and I'm actually finding the TacCam situationally useful.

• Like 1

WoW, working on a belf warlock. Horde side being more mature was clearly fiction, I see. Other than that might play some of the Anno games, grabbed a bunch off GoG and I have to space out the download of LOTV (bandwidth caps + family members that don't understand how streaming video works = fun)

Why has elegance found so little following? Elegance has the disadvantage that hard work is needed to achieve it and a good education to appreciate it. - Edsger Wybe Dijkstra

I'm still waiting for my Legacy of the Void Collector's Edition to arrive but not that I mind, it is supposed to arrive by the end of the week and I won't be able to play much before the weekend anyway and I fully expect the conclusion to suck so much ass that I probably won't replay the game at all. As I suck at online RTS (read: I lack the commitment and time necessary to do even semi-well) it probably won't have much longevity for me. :)

Horde side "maturity" (what little there was in the first place) took a huge nosedive in Cataclysm. It is a caricature of its former self. But hey, them Blizzards were just puttin' the war back in Warcraft, y'know? At least that is what Chris "I voice act EVERYTHING in WoW" Metzen and ghostcrawler said. /rant

No mind to think. No will to break. No voice to cry suffering.

Cataclysm? Horde maturity hasn't been a thing since TBC, when all the vain and self-centered players flocked from Human and Night Elf to Blood Elves. No offense to Blood Elf players, there's a lot of good ones too, but you're kind of outnumbered by jerks. Which just balanced out how much jerks both factions got, I guess. As someone who used to play Horde exclusively but is now Alliance due to friends/guilds moving, it's just the general playerbase that sucks now. :p

I'm enjoying the LotV campaign a lot more than the other two. Not focusing on that stupid Raynor/Kerrigan love story does this game a world of good. It's not Shakespeare or anything, but at least the stakes are high and I'm not always winning in the name of love - in fact, some of the story beats have the good guys lose again, like in good ol' Brood War.

Edited by TrueNeutral

Fallout 4 sure is a tad harder than Fallout 3 or New Vegas. But I don't like how every single enemy I have encountered so far simply rushes towards me. Besides, why are most enemies lying on the ground and suddenly stand up and rush you once you are near them? Am I playing Dead Rising here? Also, those Legendary enemies are the worst, just some bullet sponge that is there to annoy you and make the game feel "tough" and "hard". Bethesda, you really messed up with this one. Fallout 4 is a nail in Beths open-world games coffin.

Wasteland 2.

Not sure if I screwed up, or if there's no way to avoid it.  But I lost two of my "extra" party members when robots attacked my base.  I couldn't do anything about it because they weren't in my party and thus I had no control over moving them, and by the time my controlled party members mopped up the robots, the two of them were already dead.

I started up Victor Vran.  It's pretty fun, feels more like an action game than a standard loot em up.  Plus, the narrator is a cheeky bugger, which is great.

Edited by Keyrock

sky_twister_suzu.gif.bca4b31c6a14735a9a4b5a279a428774.gif
🇺🇸RFK Jr 2024🇺🇸

"Any organization created out of fear must create fear to survive." - Bill Hicks