Divinity: Original Sin 2, coming to Kickstarter on August 26th

Infinitron

DOS2 has the potential to be one of the greatest CRPGs of all time. I am -incredibly- excited. We really are smack dab in the middle of a new CRPG golden era. Honestly, I never thought I'd live to see the day.

2015 has been just... completely ridiculous. First and most obviously we've had Pillars of Eternity and its expansion, but also Hong Kong, Torment: Tides of Numenera, Sword Coast Legends, and so on. It's incredible.

I've been following Larian Studios since I first saw their "Diablo clone" Divine Divinity mentioned in a brief preview in PC gamer, years and years ago. Each new game impresses more and more. With the foundation of the Divinity Engine already built, and the additional Kickstarter funding, it looks like Swen Vincke may finally be ready to build that first, "RPG to rule them all" that he's been dreaming about.

The only thing that really concerns me is how the multiplayer will work--specifically the companions. I don't like parties without personality, and I don't like starting a game with a full party at my disposal. Oh well. If anyone can handle that kind of balancing act, it's Larian.

• Like 3

I wouldn't bet on Torment coming out in 2015. The system test feels as if there is still a lot of work to be done, and this year kind of has only four months left. but I agree with your point. These past few months have been nothing but awesome for cRPG fans.

No mind to think. No will to break. No voice to cry suffering.

"Sword Coast Legends"

The other game shave potential to be good but this is gonna be pure utter crap. At best it'll be playable. And, PE while fun, is overrated much like DOS was. And, the new PS is just not gonna live up to expectations. It can't because its not its own game.

\And, DOS2 which has some good ideas (DWARVES!!! and combined spell) is gonna also be a victim of over hype.

Larian already bragged about DOS1 being a Diablo Killer and now are bragging that DOS2 will be a BG2Killer.

\

COME ON.

Just make the game and stop saying asanine stuff. That's what random internet posters are for. :)

DWARVES IN PROJECT ETERNITY = VOLOURN HAS PLEDGED $250.

Sure thing it's going to be very, very hard for inXile and Tides of Numenera to live up to the expectations they created by calling it Torment and a PS:T spiritual successor but the B0 test run was extremely engaging, and while Numenera isn't nearly as morbid as Planescape was the setting is definitely exotic and weird enough.

In inXile we trust. ;)

No mind to think. No will to break. No voice to cry suffering.

Uh... Tides of Numenera is absolutely it's own game. With its own setting, characters, themes, and gameplay systems. Given how horrendously flawed PST was, I'd say it stands a damned good chance of surpassing it.

And Larian never "bragged" about anything, least of all being a "Diablo killer." The biggest problem Larian has had as a studio (outside of being completely ****ed over at every turn by publishers) was getting apathetic western media outlets to realize that their games weren't diablo clones just because they shared the isometric perspective

As for them bragging about being Baldur's Gate II... I mean, hell... does it even matter what I say here, if you're only going to read ever tenth word?

"And Larian never "bragged" about anything, least of all being a "Diablo killer.""

Sure, they did. They bragegd about how their 'successful' KS probved that AA titles are meaningless and unneeded. You know with their barely 1mil sales. L0L

"As for them bragging about being Baldur's Gate II... I mean, hell... does it even matter what I say here, if you're only going to read ever tenth word?"

Uh, yes you did. Hey, if you are gonna name drop about how your game is gonna crush another game expect to be called out for it. And, your fanboyism doesn't help the cause.

And, I liked DOS.

P.S. DD1 definitely had Diablo cloneitus.  It's why I originally disliked it and only got through it years later. But, hey, having to fight millions of enemies at once in a hack a slash style is very much Diabloish.

DWARVES IN PROJECT ETERNITY = VOLOURN HAS PLEDGED $250.

Oddly enough, I avoided Divine Divinity for like a decade because of the Diablo comparison.  When I finally gave it a try, it was way more story and exploration-centric than I ever expected.  I enjoyed it much more than the button mashing that was Diablo.

• Like 3

I call it a Diablo clone even though I've never played Diablo. I tend to just imagine that Diablo is Divine Divinity without the humour. Now before you correct me, I'm sure I'm wrong on several points, but no one is going to get me to play Diablo so I will never know. I also only put in, oh, maybe ten hours max into DD.

I think I played DD over D on the insistence of Di. (....and that statement sounds dirtier than it is)

• Like 2

L I E S T R O N G
L I V E W R O N G

I enjoyed it much more than the button mashing that was Diablo.

yeah, but Diablo (2) has perfect button mashing. it's the best game for a mouse and keyboard ever.

Walsingham said:

I was struggling to understand ths until I noticed you are from Finland. And having been educated solely by mkreku in this respect I am convinced that Finland essentially IS the wh40k universe.

Uh... Tides of Numenera is absolutely it's own game. With its own setting, characters, themes, and gameplay systems. Given how horrendously flawed PST was, I'd say it stands a damned good chance of surpassing it.

And Larian never "bragged" about anything, least of all being a "Diablo killer." The biggest problem Larian has had as a studio (outside of being completely ****ed over at every turn by publishers) was getting apathetic western media outlets to realize that their games weren't diablo clones just because they shared the isometric perspective

As for them bragging about being Baldur's Gate II... I mean, hell... does it even matter what I say here, if you're only going to read ever tenth word?

Uh... its horrendously good anything, Larian ****ed western clones them hell... you're?

Well that almost made sense.

• Like 1

"It has just been discovered that research causes cancer in rats."

• 2 weeks later...

New update with more goals: https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/larianstudios/divinity-original-sin-2/posts/1349217

Still no MCA stretch goal though.

"Akiva Goldsman and Alex Kurtzman run the 21st century version of MK ULTRA." - majestic

"you're a damned filthy lying robot and you deserve to die and burn in hell." - Bartimaeus

"Without individual thinking you can't notice the plot holes." - InsaneCommander

"Just feed off the suffering of gamers." - Malcador

"You are calling my taste crap." -Hurlshort

"thankfully it seems like the creators like Hungary less this time around." - Sarex

"Don't forget the wakame, dumbass" -Keyrock

"Are you trolling or just being inadvertently nonsensical?' -Pidesco

"we have already been forced to admit you are at least human" - uuuhhii

"I refuse to buy from non-woke businesses" - HoonDing

"feral camels are now considered a pest" - Gorth

"Melkathi is known to be an overly critical grumpy person" - Melkathi

"Oddly enough Sanderson was a lot more direct despite being a Mormon" - Zoraptor

"I found it greatly disturbing to scroll through my cartoon's halfing selection of genitalias." - Wormerine

"I love cheese despite the pain and carnage." - ShadySands

I know someone of this forums who will now give 10K to Larian... come on, we know you want to! You know I'm talking about you! Show Larian the money!

• Like 3

^

I agree that that is such a stupid idiotic pathetic garbage hateful retarded scumbag evil satanic nazi like term ever created. At least top 5.

TSLRCM Official Forum || TSLRCM Moddb || My other KOTOR2 mods || TSLRCM (English version) on Steam || [M4-78EP on Steam

Formerly known as BattleWookiee/BattleCookiee

Ha ha

A romance stretch goal

I shall start lobbying for a 'remove romance from the game' stretch goal to be added.

I know someone of this forums who will now give 10K to Larian... come on, we know you want to! You know I'm talking about you! Show Larian the money!

They did say they had a mystery donation in their latest update, maybe it was a mystery donation with romantic stipulation.

• Like 1

Ha ha

A romance stretch goal

Can you retract a pledge?

Or better yet lower it to 1$?

I think so.

Yep

I'm staying at 25 bucks though and don't really care either way about romance. I just thought it was hilarious to make it a stretch goal and it reminded me of the suggestion to make it a stretch goal in Project Eternity and then make the next goal to remove it

Free games updated 3/4/21

im undecided to pledge or not. while i enjoyed the first game, i never had the chance to play it in coop where the real fun was and in this coop seems to be the way its meant to be played. however, being the definition of antisocial person i dont have anyone to play it with me so if i pledge or get it later i will play it solo and i dont think i will really enjoy it that way

• Like 1

The words freedom and liberty, are diminishing the true meaning of the abstract concept they try to explain. The true nature of freedom is such, that the human mind is unable to comprehend it, so we make a cage and name it freedom in order to give a tangible meaning to what we dont understand, just as our ancestors made gods like Thor or Zeus to explain thunder.

-Teknoman2-

What? You thought it was a quote from some well known wise guy from the past?

Stupidity leads to willful ignorance - willful ignorance leads to hope - hope leads to sex - and that is how a new generation of fools is born!

We are hardcore role players... When we go to bed with a girl, we roll a D20 to see if we hit the target and a D6 to see how much penetration damage we did.

Modern democracy is: the sheep voting for which dog will be the shepherd's right hand.

for an antisocial person you have quite a number of posts on a public discussion board :D

Walsingham said:

I was struggling to understand ths until I noticed you are from Finland. And having been educated solely by mkreku in this respect I am convinced that Finland essentially IS the wh40k universe.