Divinity: Original Sin 2, coming to Kickstarter on August 26th

Infinitron

Vote for the Chris Avellone Stretch Goal: http://larian.uservoice.com/forums/313815-kickstarter-pledge-rewards/suggestions/9290247-stretch-goal-chris-avellone

CoverBox_LAST_Kickstarter-TWITTER-FACEBO

http://larian.com/news/announcing-divinity-original-sin-2/

It is with great excitement that we can announce our most ambitious project ever – Divinity: Original Sin 2!

For a very long time we’ve dreamed of making a certain type of RPG. Something even bigger, better, and more engaging than Divinity: Original Sin. Now it might finally be within our reach. But we can’t reach that dream without your help.

As we made Divinity: Original Sin, our fans and community gave us two things: the freedom to make the game that we wanted to make, and the guidance to make a game that was even better than we planned. Your feedback pushed us in directions we never could have expected, and we’re so grateful for that push. Without the community, Divinity: Original Sin would never have been the success that it was, and now we’re asking for your support and guidance once again.

On the August 26th we’ll be returning to Kickstarter with Divinity: Original Sin 2, but you don’t have to wait until then to have your say. We’ll want a lot of feedback as we progress, but right now we want to know what YOU want from the Kickstarter campaign. So please head over to our Divinity: Original Sin 2 page to suggest what rewards you’d like to see, and vote on the rewards that others have suggested!

We’re very excited for you to get your first glimpse at what we’re creating, but if you’re going to be at PAX Prime at the end of August then we can go one better,  We’ll be at booth #6011, where we’ll have a playable prototype for you to get your hands on and experience some of the fantastic new features that we’ve been working on.

Making Divinity: Original Sin with you has been one hell of a ride so far, and we’re happy to say that this ride is only getting started…

Swen Blog:

Still buzzing about our announcement of Divinity: Original Sin 2? Swen is! Check out his latest blog entry for more details on our upcoming game: from how we got here to where we want to go next. 

If you don’t want to miss anything, remember to follow us on Twitter, like us on Facebook, and sign up to our mailing list to be the first to know every update. There will be quite a few over the coming weeks!

Edited by Infinitron
  • Like 2

I will definitely NOT back this as I still haven't been able to play the copy of D:OS promised to me during the Kickstarter and likely won't until about a year and a ****ing half after the game released on Windows and Mac, or who knows, maybe the Linux version will get pushed back yet again even further and won't even release until after the console versions which weren't even part of the Kickstarter because **** us.  

Yes, I am bitter, why do you ask?

That said, I hope the game is successful and it's comes out good.  I may buy it after it releases, assuming it's good and assuming they do a Linux version, but only after the game is physically available on Linux.  They'll never get my money in advance ever again, not for any project.

• Like 4

sky_twister_suzu.gif.bca4b31c6a14735a9a4b5a279a428774.gif
🇺🇸RFK Jr 2024🇺🇸

"Any organization created out of fear must create fear to survive." - Bill Hicks

I will definitely NOT back this as I still haven't been able to play the copy of D:OS promised to me during the Kickstarter and likely won't until about a year and a ****ing half after the game released on Windows and Mac, or who knows, maybe the Linux version will get pushed back yet again even further and won't even release until after the console versions which weren't even part of the Kickstarter because **** us.  

Yes, I am bitter, why do you ask?

That said, I hope the game is successful and it's comes out good.  I may buy it after it releases, assuming it's good and assuming they do a Linux version, but only after the game is physically available on Linux.  They'll never get my money in advance ever again, not for any project.

Why don't you just choose  a proper OS that is interoperable...like Windows   :biggrin:

"Abashed the devil stood and felt how awful goodness is and saw Virtue in her shape how lovely: and pined his loss”

John Milton 

"We don't stop playing because we grow old; we grow old because we stop playing.” -  George Bernard Shaw

"What counts in life is not the mere fact that we have lived. It is what difference we have made to the lives of others that will determine the significance of the life we lead" - Nelson Mandela

On the fence with this one. D:OS is a good game but I couldn't get too much into it, as the art style is just too over the top and grating for me. I'll give it a go again when they release the update. Maybe my mind may change.

"Things are funny...are comedic, because they mix the real with the absurd." - Buzz Aldrin.

"P-O-T-A-T-O-E" - Dan Quayle

On the fence with this one. D:OS is a good game but I couldn't get too much into it, as the art style is just too over the top and grating for me. I'll give it a go again when they release the update. Maybe my mind may change.

I didn't have a problem with the art, but my overall take was the same.  I'll revisit it post-update if I have time, I'll and consider the sequel if it's well received, but I'm not particularly motivated to back it. 

The elemental battlefield-control system was fun for a while but was getting stale by the time I was done with the Cyseal map.  And the rest of the game's systems were kind of a mess.  The writing had some passable comedy (best comedy crafting system-- which is the only good kind of crafting system-- since Dungeons of Dredmor), but it was very hit-or-miss, and a laugh here and there wasn't nearly enough to sustain interest over the game's length. 

• Like 1

If they need KS again, obviously the first wans't the SMASH Diablo Killer hit that it was proclaimed. LMAO

Hm, did Larian say this? I doubt it considering they game is clearly different than a Diablo and i watched all of their promo material and never came across this.

"A reader lives a thousand lives before he dies, the man who never reads lives one."

They didn't even manage to kill Pillqrs of Eternity.

Why should they even want that o.O Clearly, it would made them happier if they sold even more, but it´s also obvious that the game was a success to them. I enjoyed it, so thumbs up to them as far as i care. No game is a killer to another one, if anything, game studios(publishers are pretty efficient killing their games on their own :D

"A reader lives a thousand lives before he dies, the man who never reads lives one."

"Hm, did Larian say this? I doubt it considering they game is clearly different than a Diablo and i watched all of their promo material and never came across this."

\Larian and their fanboys bragged how D:OS was successful and hwo it proved that AAA titles or so passe. But, if you gotta beg for mo money on KS for a sequel than it wasn't that successful.

btw, I liked OS but when people  over hype something  EPIC FAIL needs to be SMACKED DOWN.

I'll probably pick this up when its cheap as it'll probably be fun but  it is no Diablo killer like people pretend it is.

DWARVES IN PROJECT ETERNITY = VOLOURN HAS PLEDGED $250.

I'm not sure I'll back this.  I've only played a bit of the original, as it turns my PC into a jet engine...only game that's ever caused an overheat.  I don't understand why, as I've played other games that should have been much more resource intensive.  Still, I like it conceptually...may back it at a low tier.

I'm not sure I've ever heard someone compare Divinity to Diablo.  That being said, Larian did say it was a financial success for them.  I'm assuming they are going to Kickstarter because it has been a successful model, rather than some desperate funding grab.  They are likely already well into production, and it is pretty clear that the success has allowed them to update the original and prepare it for consoles.

I never pledged the original, but I was impressed enough to put some money in this time.

Put simply, if you were to compare what we’re doing to what Bioware did back in the day with Baldur’s Gate and Baldur’s Gate 2, D:OS 2 is to be our Baldur’s Gate 2 — building further on our equivalent of Baldur’s Gate; D:OS.

gonna save this for later use

sry Sven

• Like 1

The ending of the words is ALMSIVI.

Put simply, if you were to compare what we’re doing to what Bioware did back in the day with Baldur’s Gate and Baldur’s Gate 2, D:OS 2 is to be our Baldur’s Gate 2 — building further on our equivalent of Baldur’s Gate; D:OS.

gonna save this for later use

sry Sven

So they are removing the wilderness maps and adding romances?

I never finished the first one but I'll likely back it because I back most everything that interests me

• Like 1

Free games updated 3/4/21

Definitely going to back this one... never paid a dime (someone gifted me a beta code, and then Larian gave me a copy for playtesting it at their office) for the original so really; it's only fair :)

Let's see if I end up with an ingame NPC this time aswell :p

Edited by Hassat Hunter
  • Like 1

^

I agree that that is such a stupid idiotic pathetic garbage hateful retarded scumbag evil satanic nazi like term ever created. At least top 5.

TSLRCM Official Forum || TSLRCM Moddb || My other KOTOR2 mods || TSLRCM (English version) on Steam || [M4-78EP on Steam

Formerly known as BattleWookiee/BattleCookiee

I'm somewhat on the fence, though I enjoyed D:OS there were a lot of promised features that were not implemented in the end. I was fully expecting these to be added in a patch or the enhanced edition, but they weren't. I may simply pledge at the lowest amount and treat it as a pre-order.

Quite an experience to live in misery isn't it? That's what it is to be married with children.

I've seen things you people can't even imagine. Pearly Kings glittering on the Elephant and Castle, Morris Men dancing 'til the last light of midsummer. I watched Druid fires burning in the ruins of Stonehenge, and Yorkshiremen gurning for prizes. All these things will be lost in time, like alopecia on a skinhead. Time for tiffin.

Tea for the teapot!