Divinity: Original Sin 2, coming to Kickstarter on August 26th

Infinitron

I did as well. I would think they'd have more popularity and advertisement if they had done the kick starter after releasing the enhanced edition but here's to hoping they do release it before the end of the kickstarted to garner more support towards the second half!

• Like 1

when should enhanced edition be released? tempted to get it for some reasonable price

I'm the enemy, 'cause I like to think, I like to read. I'm into freedom of speech, and freedom of choice. I'm the kinda guy that likes to sit in a greasy spoon and wonder, "Gee, should I have the T-bone steak or the jumbo rack of barbecue ribs with the side-order of gravy fries?" I want high cholesterol! I wanna eat bacon, and butter, and buckets of cheese, okay?! I wanna smoke a Cuban cigar the size of Cincinnati in the non-smoking section! I wanna run naked through the street, with green Jell-O all over my body, reading Playboy magazine. Why? Because I suddenly may feel the need to, okay, pal? I've SEEN the future. Do you know what it is? It's a 47-year-old virgin sitting around in his beige pajamas, drinking a banana-broccoli shake, singing "I'm an Oscar Meyer Wiene"

The character design bothered me. I know that's a relatively strange concern, but there you go. I was also kinda disinterested in the main story. I guess I prefer characterisation and interaction over a grand imposing plot you are whittling away at throughout. Grand plots always seem to disappoint, at least in CRPGs

Na na  na na  na na  ...

greg358 from Darksouls 3 PVP is a CHEATER.

That is all.

"Reserving" a physical box, but I'm very likely to drop that down to minimum to get the game if they don't address my concerns over the Linux port.

EDIT: pitch sounds bleeding great, btw. Didn't bother watching before pledging since D:OS1 was pretty sweet, so this was a pretty sure bet as far as I'm concerned.

EDIT2: the Update Song is always gonna be bittersweet now :(

Edited by marelooke

Backed with a little hesitation.

I am curious to see how that MP/AI NPC **** is going to go down...if my bitchass NPCs just start running around and being asshats and jackwagons I'm going to be extremely pissed.

The game (for me at least) should be about my character and his/her journey I don't want the NPCs to start stealing the lime light or the thunder...

It's like everyone whose played PnP has played with that DM/GM who inputs his NPCs and they are god like, do all the damage, know everything, and make it totally stupid to even bother showing up to play because the DM/GMs NPCs are just going to dictate **** and run the show so why am I here?

Hope it doesn't turn out like that but I could tell Bubbles and some RPGcodex guys having some similar thoughts/reservations...I unno man...this one is like either the best or worst idea/implementation ever...it could go WAY bad.

If anyone is backing at a tier with more copies and is planning to give them away, i'd love to take one of their hands. :D I want to back this but right now i'm pretty dry. :S

1.13 killed off Ja2.

I don't think I like that new dialogue system either...its like I'm telling the computer what to say to the person I'm interacting with instead of just interacting with the person....wat.

https://ksr-ugc.imgix.net/assets/004/382/119/80205c5b6981d3c77148c5bf4ad7c681_original.png?v=1440593398&w=680&fit=max&auto=format&lossless=true&s=fe24ad29ac684e71a0d3d1ad21b07a7c

To be honest I just blind-backed it at the CE last night (it was late!) without reading any of the details, so I have no idea what most of these potential issues are about yet. Reading the Kickstarter page now.

Doubt it'll make any difference because there's such huge gaps between tiers that there's no real decision to make between them.

L I E S T R O N G
L I V E W R O N G

• Like 1

"Akiva Goldsman and Alex Kurtzman run the 21st century version of MK ULTRA." - majestic

"I'm gonna hunt you down so that I can slap you square in the mouth." - Bartimaeus

"Without individual thinking you can't notice the plot holes." - InsaneCommander

"Just feed off the suffering of gamers." - Malcador

"You are calling my taste crap." -Hurlshort

"thankfully it seems like the creators like Hungary less this time around." - Sarex

"Don't forget the wakame, dumbass" -Keyrock

"Are you trolling or just being inadvertently nonsensical?' -Pidesco

"we have already been forced to admit you are at least human" - uuuhhii

"I refuse to buy from non-woke businesses" - HoonDing

"feral camels are now considered a pest" - Gorth

"Melkathi is known to be an overly critical grumpy person" - Melkathi

"Oddly enough Sanderson was a lot more direct despite being a Mormon" - Zoraptor

"I found it greatly disturbing to scroll through my cartoon's halfing selection of genitalias." - Wormerine

"Am I phrasing in the most negative light for them? Yes, but it's not untrue." - ShadySands

To be honest I just blind-backed it at the CE last night (it was late!) without reading any of the details, so I have no idea what most of these potential issues are about yet. Reading the Kickstarter page now.

Doubt it'll make any difference because there's such huge gaps between tiers that there's no real decision to make between them.

I got my info from this:

http://www.rpgcodex.net/content.php?id=10045

It's a really indepth interview/preview/inside look at what they are doing/thinking.

I don't think I like that new dialogue system either...its like I'm telling the computer what to say to the person I'm interacting with instead of just interacting with the person....wat.

https://ksr-ugc.imgix.net/assets/004/382/119/80205c5b6981d3c77148c5bf4ad7c681_original.png?v=1440593398&w=680&fit=max&auto=format&lossless=true&s=fe24ad29ac684e71a0d3d1ad21b07a7c

That's nothing new for dialogue in RPGs.

Gameplay Magazine: What about RPG fans who don't like to read? 

Oh journalists, don't ever change. Except do. Please do.

Edited by Bryy
  • Like 2

i dont think this is the new dialogue system... its pre alpha so they probably haven't written the dialogue yet

The words freedom and liberty, are diminishing the true meaning of the abstract concept they try to explain. The true nature of freedom is such, that the human mind is unable to comprehend it, so we make a cage and name it freedom in order to give a tangible meaning to what we dont understand, just as our ancestors made gods like Thor or Zeus to explain thunder.

-Teknoman2-

What? You thought it was a quote from some well known wise guy from the past?

Stupidity leads to willful ignorance - willful ignorance leads to hope - hope leads to sex - and that is how a new generation of fools is born!

We are hardcore role players... When we go to bed with a girl, we roll a D20 to see if we hit the target and a D6 to see how much penetration damage we did.

Modern democracy is: the sheep voting for which dog will be the shepherd's right hand.

That's nothing new for dialogue in RPGs.

Gameplay Magazine: What about RPG fans who don't like to read? 

Oh journalists, don't ever change. Except do. Please do.

I don't think you understood me but it could be placeholder anyway.

Instead of saying "Tell the guard you come from a royal family"

I am used to        "I am from the royal family let me in"

The amount of replies/text is clearly not the point.

FWIW Swen replied to me in a PM on the kickstarter.

Hi,

Thanks for your question, it's a good one. We've been trying a new form of dialog for player input, and although it looks a little strange to begin with, we we've actually found that it makes it more immersive, rather than less so. If we gave your character a pre-made style of speaking, then you can only play in that one style, whereas if you have more general text, it's much easier to project yourself onto the character.

It's something that we're trying out for now, and may change depending on player feedback, but for now it seems to be working well.

I'm asking him about NPC AI a bit more see if he says anything.

Their new dialogue system is silly. It doesn't look immersive. Still, the game has playable dwarves. L0L

You win some, you lose some.

At least I wasn't the only one who was like that.

In response to my NPC AI question he just said that "game play will take precedence" I don't think he understood what I was saying about overpowering NPCs and how that can ruin the point of a main character.

Their new dialogue system is silly. It doesn't look immersive. Still, the game has playable dwarves. L0L

You win some, you lose some.

At least I wasn't the only one who was like that.

In response to my NPC AI question he just said that "game play will take precedence" I don't think he understood what I was saying about overpowering NPCs and how that can ruin the point of a main character.

NPC AI?

What, you want the NPCs to pick from a pool of dialogue or something?

Considering the quality of the dialogue in the first game, I'd give a chance to the new system they're trying. Granted the happy medium is just to write *more* dialogue options, but if there's only going to be two options in a given branch for example, I'd prefer the generic and unspecific responses rather than the extremes the old system had. A big offender was the dialogue between the two player characters, it was either sickeningly saccharine sycophancy or Jerkface McJerk jerkiness.

• Like 1

L I E S T R O N G
L I V E W R O N G