What you did today

Blarghagh

Update - went to brunch, drank a lot of fuzzy navel mimosas and this is the outfit of the day

Yeah, getting my Picard on

Sorry, double, I couldn't figure out how to pre-edit the re-post. 

Where'd that shirt come from, I need it like I need air. 

All Stop. On Screen.

Update - went to brunch, drank a lot of fuzzy navel mimosas and this is the outfit of the day

I do like.

"Things are funny...are comedic, because they mix the real with the absurd." - Buzz Aldrin.

"P-O-T-A-T-O-E" - Dan Quayle

In the matter of Bruce vs Bronwen I have to say it could have been handled worse. I myself would have had an internal struggle not to say that I could not really answer the question and the only sure way to discover the truth would be for her to leave, eat junk food for one year straight and then randomly walk into me when she had put on weight. Ideally she should be wearing similar clothes, have the same haircut and hair colour, same makeup and same manicure, so that only the variable "weight" had changed. On the other hand, then we'd run the danger of me recognizing her, so changing all the other variables could also be advisable so as to make sure that there was no pre-inclination on the test subject's (i.e. me) part.

Imagine her expression then.

So will you run into her again, Bruce?

Unobtrusively informing you about my new ebook (which you should feel free to read and shower with praise).

I just noticed someone called Rosveen posting on the forum. Which made me wonder if they are related to Rosbjerg. And following that train of thought, If Rosbjerg had a cute cousin and I dated her, would I need to change my username to Roskathi?

• Like 1

Unobtrusively informing you about my new ebook (which you should feel free to read and shower with praise).

I need to understand the lesson here ? What do you guys think it is?

Not much of a lesson, she took issue with you having a personal preference and that's her problem, really. Good retort to her anger would be why didn't she stay overweight, heh, that relates well to your preference.

Why has elegance found so little following? Elegance has the disadvantage that hard work is needed to achieve it and a good education to appreciate it. - Edsger Wybe Dijkstra

I do have a very attractive single cousin actually. But she's very.. Career minded.

Attractive, single and unavailable!

Exactly my type!

Roskathi will check for flights to the place where something is rotten right away!

Edited by melkathi
  • Like 1

I got roped into a "movie party"(aka drinking screwdrivers and watching movies) and am currently bored to tears of Die Die My Darling.

Not Stephanie Powers' or Tallulah Bankhead's finest hour (and a half).  That said, Donald Sutherland has been in worse films. :p

Physical attraction is almost a primal instinct and you are in no way shallow for not being attracted to fatties. You like what you like, everyone does. TBH, it kind of sounds like she sprung some immature trap on you regarding a situation that no longer even exists. I think the fortunate one was you because you probably dodged a crazy girl.

Attractions come in many forms; but I don't think that the woman in questions sprung an immature trap (necessarily) so much as - is true with most people who have struggled with weight - she was trying to find out if her lifelong struggles with her weight would be an issue if they pursued a relationship.

• Like 2

I cannot - yet I must. How do you calculate that? At what point on the graph do "must" and "cannot" meet? Yet I must - but I cannot! ~ Ro-Man

Attractions come in many forms; but I don't think that the woman in questions sprung an immature trap (necessarily) so much as - is true with most people who have struggled with weight - she was trying to find out if her lifelong struggles with her weight would be an issue if they pursued a relationship.

I suppose but I get suspicious when people bring up (currently) non-existent issues just to get upset if you don't supply the predetermined answer.

Also imo, in the history of mankind, theres never been a person that became a stripper because they have an awesome life. So shes already damaged goods to begin with and then you add in the whole "recovering fatty that decided to overcome that obstacle and take their clothes off for a living"? WARNING WILL ROBINSON! WARNING! However I will concede that past years of dating strippers has jaded me and maybe she really is a regular hard working lass just trying to earn college money.

It seems an odd thing to bring up with a new acquaintance, I'll agree.

I cannot - yet I must. How do you calculate that? At what point on the graph do "must" and "cannot" meet? Yet I must - but I cannot! ~ Ro-Man

So will you run into her again, Bruce?

Probably, JHB is a  big place but there are only certain places that play a type of music that we both like

So yes I should see her again sometime :)

"Abashed the devil stood and felt how awful goodness is and saw Virtue in her shape how lovely: and pined his loss”

John Milton 

"We don't stop playing because we grow old; we grow old because we stop playing.” -  George Bernard Shaw

"What counts in life is not the mere fact that we have lived. It is what difference we have made to the lives of others that will determine the significance of the life we lead" - Nelson Mandela

They may be out because it was a limited run kind of thing but I got it from here

Free games updated 3/4/21

Yes just to add something, she wasn't a stripper. And you right ...what she did say about her weight was basically how she use to be overweight and clearly this was something she had struggled with 

Of course she only mentioned that after I said what I said so I had no idea  :blink:

"Abashed the devil stood and felt how awful goodness is and saw Virtue in her shape how lovely: and pined his loss”

John Milton 

"We don't stop playing because we grow old; we grow old because we stop playing.” -  George Bernard Shaw

"What counts in life is not the mere fact that we have lived. It is what difference we have made to the lives of others that will determine the significance of the life we lead" - Nelson Mandela

Bruce, maybe a straight up lie isn't the way to go either but rather some deflection or redirection could be a better course of action. I dunno, I'm no social butterfly myself but it does seems like you rolled a 1 on that trap ', :)

Anyway, so far today I have successfully woken up. Here's to small victories

VmXZT1o.jpg

this may ruin the episode for you, but we highly recommend closet land, starring alan rickman and madeleine stowe.  btw, that were the entire cast for the movie. is not something you will want to see more than once, but is excellent.

HA! Good Fun!

ps closet land were 1991.  is kinda obvious that the star trek guys saw closet land 'fore making chain o' command.

Edited by Gromnir
  • Like 1

"If there be time to expose through discussion the falsehood and fallacies, to avert the evil by the processes of education, the remedy to be applied is more speech, not enforced silence."Justice Louis Brandeis, Concurring, Whitney v. California, 274 U.S. 357 (1927)

"Im indifferent to almost any murder as long as it doesn't affect me or mine."--Gfted1 (September 30, 2019)

Yes just to add something, she wasn't a stripper. And you right ...what she did say about her weight was basically how she use to be overweight and clearly this was something she had struggled with 

Of course she only mentioned that after I said what I said so I had no idea  :blink:

In the long run, its probably better to get it out now than to have you two fall in love and then out of love later on.

Or whatever.

In the long run, its probably better to get it out now than to have you two fall in love and then out of love later on.

Or whatever.

am not gonna give relationship advice, but we will observe that Most women have body image issues to one degree or another.  not Gromnir 'course, but there is some men who take advantage o' this fact.  again, not Gromnir, but we has heard from more callous and predatory men that no matter how beautiful the woman, chances are there is some aspect o' her appearance that she obsesses over.  careful observation o' body language and verbal cues gives away the weakness.  once you know what is the particular body image issue a woman has, you can manipulate so that even the most confident woman feels insecure and vulnerable... which a man with questionable integrity would see as advantageous.  or at least that is what we has heard.

is not that bruce ran into a loopy woman with extreme body issues.  sounds like he ran into the ordinary and average woman.  he took the sensitive guy approach from the start, but he didn't follow through.  

HA! Good Fun!

"If there be time to expose through discussion the falsehood and fallacies, to avert the evil by the processes of education, the remedy to be applied is more speech, not enforced silence."Justice Louis Brandeis, Concurring, Whitney v. California, 274 U.S. 357 (1927)

"Im indifferent to almost any murder as long as it doesn't affect me or mine."--Gfted1 (September 30, 2019)

This thread made me think of this scene

Why has elegance found so little following? Elegance has the disadvantage that hard work is needed to achieve it and a good education to appreciate it. - Edsger Wybe Dijkstra

the thread is amusing to us  'cause is as if some men is learning for the first time that women is more subtle 'bout their communication and that they, in general, is far more likely to read stuff into the things men says than the other way around. 

HA! Good Fun!

• Like 1

So we have to defend Obsidian's borders from bronies and promancers?

"Akiva Goldsman and Alex Kurtzman run the 21st century version of MK ULTRA." - majestic

"you're a damned filthy lying robot and you deserve to die and burn in hell." - Bartimaeus

"Without individual thinking you can't notice the plot holes." - InsaneCommander

"Just feed off the suffering of gamers." - Malcador

"You are calling my taste crap." -Hurlshort

"thankfully it seems like the creators like Hungary less this time around." - Sarex

"Don't forget the wakame, dumbass" -Keyrock

"Are you trolling or just being inadvertently nonsensical?' -Pidesco

"we have already been forced to admit you are at least human" - uuuhhii

"I refuse to buy from non-woke businesses" - HoonDing

"feral camels are now considered a pest" - Gorth

"Melkathi is known to be an overly critical grumpy person" - Melkathi

"Oddly enough Sanderson was a lot more direct despite being a Mormon" - Zoraptor

"I found it greatly disturbing to scroll through my cartoon's halfing selection of genitalias." - Wormerine

"I love cheese despite the pain and carnage." - ShadySands