Journalism and bias in the gaming industry

Blarghagh

I think a lot of them really do have some problem with fat people for whatever reason they have (could be ex-fat people that are insecure still or some incredibly shallow people, etc.). Never attribute to lulz what can be attributed to hate. Well ok, maybe not, but in a focused instance like this it probably is true.

Why has elegance found so little following? Elegance has the disadvantage that hard work is needed to achieve it and a good education to appreciate it. - Edsger Wybe Dijkstra

This is sad..what is the purpose of  a forum dedicated to hating fat people ?

Why aren't you guys condemning this...at least because its so juvenile ? 

It's called "principle".

If you are for free speech, then you have to allow all speech, especially the kind of speech that you like the least.

Why? Because anonymity and free speech is the closest thing you can get to a truly honest opinion.

Is that  forum really an example of free speech that needs to be protected?

Or a knee-jerk reaction to some stupid and insipid concept  that was banned on Reddit?

Also how is saying you hate fat people honest?

They can honestly express what they really think. Either you have free speech, or you don't.

"Some men see things as they are and say why?"
"I dream things that never were and say why not?"
- George Bernard Shaw

"Hope in reality is the worst of all evils because it prolongs the torments of man."
- Friedrich Nietzsche

"The amount of energy necessary to refute bull**** is an order of magnitude bigger than to produce it."

- Some guy 

Nice to see Mr Hotwheels standing up for free speech and the old motto, this is one of the strengths of the Internet in my view, the professionally outraged cannot stem anything they find "problematic" it just moves on.

I find the negative discussion of the morbidly obese is hateful and pathetic, in the same vein as the unfounded villification of gamers, but would still defend the rights of the free to do so obviously.

Quite an experience to live in misery isn't it? That's what it is to be married with children.

I've seen things you people can't even imagine. Pearly Kings glittering on the Elephant and Castle, Morris Men dancing 'til the last light of midsummer. I watched Druid fires burning in the ruins of Stonehenge, and Yorkshiremen gurning for prizes. All these things will be lost in time, like alopecia on a skinhead. Time for tiffin.

Tea for the teapot!

I think a lot of them really do have some problem with fat people for whatever reason they have (could be ex-fat people that are insecure still or some incredibly shallow people, etc.). Never attribute to lulz what can be attributed to hate. Well ok, maybe not, but in a focused instance like this it probably is true.

Made me think of this.

• Like 1

I think you are overestimating the depth of these people.  :p

I think you are overestimating the depth of these people.  tongue.png

Not really, some of them do have some issues which is why they do that, Reddit's no shortage of nutbars. But yes, maybe it is mainly just people being **** to be edgy or whatever.

Why has elegance found so little following? Elegance has the disadvantage that hard work is needed to achieve it and a good education to appreciate it. - Edsger Wybe Dijkstra

And once again the sheer incompetence rise it's ugly dyed head.

Reddit bans r/whalewatching thinking is got something to do with fat people hate.

When it actually is about whale watching.

Zero research done. Just automatic censorship. Whee.

ronpaulyouaskedforthis.jpg

- George Bernard Shaw

"Hope in reality is the worst of all evils because it prolongs the torments of man."
- Friedrich Nietzsche

"The amount of energy necessary to refute bull**** is an order of magnitude bigger than to produce it."

- Some guy 

Reddit bans r/whalewatching thinking is got something to do with fat people hate.

Lol, so the hundreds of racist, misogynist, misandrist, and other hate-group-oriented subreddits are tolerated, not to mention the ones organizing targeted harassment campaigns against real-life individuals -- but if there's even the weakest possibly of "fatshaming", the censorship hammer falls?

Sounds like someone on the reddit staff has a chip on their shoulder regarding this issue... :D

"Some ideas are so stupid that only an intellectual could believe them." -- attributed to George Orwell

Lol, so the hundreds of racist, misogynist, misandrist, and other hate-group-oriented subreddits are tolerated, not to mention the ones organizing targeted harassment campaigns against real-life individuals -- but if there's even the weakest possibly of "fatshaming", the censorship hammer falls?

Sounds like someone on the reddit staff has a chip on their shoulder regarding this issue... :D

You sound guilty about something Ineth.....are you a member of that reprehensible " I hate fat people group " ?....You can be honest.....we all friends here  :aiee:

"Abashed the devil stood and felt how awful goodness is and saw Virtue in her shape how lovely: and pined his loss”

John Milton 

"We don't stop playing because we grow old; we grow old because we stop playing.” -  George Bernard Shaw

"What counts in life is not the mere fact that we have lived. It is what difference we have made to the lives of others that will determine the significance of the life we lead" - Nelson Mandela

Nice to see Mr Hotwheels standing up for free speech and the old motto, this is one of the strengths of the Internet in my view, the professionally outraged cannot stem anything they find "problematic" it just moves on.

I find the negative discussion of the morbidly obese is hateful and pathetic, in the same vein as the unfounded villification of gamers, but would still defend the rights of the free to do so obviously.

So basically you are saying that you are fine allowing a forum like this  to operate even if its only purpose is to cause animosity and hurt towards fat people ?

Edited by BruceVC

"Abashed the devil stood and felt how awful goodness is and saw Virtue in her shape how lovely: and pined his loss”

John Milton 

"We don't stop playing because we grow old; we grow old because we stop playing.” -  George Bernard Shaw

"What counts in life is not the mere fact that we have lived. It is what difference we have made to the lives of others that will determine the significance of the life we lead" - Nelson Mandela

So basically you are saying that you are fine allowing a forum like this  to operate even if its only purpose is to cause animosity and hurt towards fat people ?

Words.

- George Bernard Shaw

- Friedrich Nietzsche

- Some guy 

Words.

That makes no sense.,...yes it is just words on a forum...its doesn't make it any less hurtful or offensive to fat people and many others 

John Milton 

If you want answers from me then answer all the ones I have already posed you, along with the evidence needed to back them up.

Quite an experience to live in misery isn't it? That's what it is to be married with children.

I've seen things you people can't even imagine. Pearly Kings glittering on the Elephant and Castle, Morris Men dancing 'til the last light of midsummer. I watched Druid fires burning in the ruins of Stonehenge, and Yorkshiremen gurning for prizes. All these things will be lost in time, like alopecia on a skinhead. Time for tiffin.

Tea for the teapot!

Yes.  And I'm one of the fat people.  Doesn't bother me if a bunch of morons want to make a bunch of jokes that I'll never see.

• Like 1

Words.

That makes no sense.,...yes it is just words on a forum...its doesn't make it any less hurtful or offensive to fat people and many others 

As i told you once before, long ago, in a thread far away; being dependent on those that are most suspectible to feel insulted will stifle any form of communication.

- George Bernard Shaw

- Friedrich Nietzsche

- Some guy 

If you want answers from me then answer all the ones I have already posed you, along with the evidence needed to back them up.

Nonek lets not worry about past debates, its counterproductive to a more progressive future 

Yes.  And I'm one of the fat people.  Doesn't bother me if a bunch of morons want to make a bunch of jokes that I'll never see.

Fair enough, I just wonder how other overweight people feel? You may be more of the exception 

John Milton 

Nonek lets not worry about past debates, its counterproductive to a more progressive future 

Pathetic and exactly what I expected.

Tea for the teapot!

- George Bernard Shaw

- Friedrich Nietzsche

- Some guy 

"Fair enough, I just wonder how other overweight people feel? You may be more of the exception"

Why are you skinnysplaining. Does his opinion NOT matter simply because he is fat but doesn't parrot your opinion?

I also notice how you completely ignore the fact that they banned something that has nothing to do with attacking fat people but actually discusses actual whales.

\I also bet you are the one of those tools who whine about 'fatshaming' but have no issue attacking skinny girls and shaming them.

I wager that you support Britain in their banning of skinny models yet would be amongst the first if they banned fat models. LMAO

DWARVES IN PROJECT ETERNITY = VOLOURN HAS PLEDGED $250.

Fair enough, I just wonder how other overweight people feel? You may be more of the exception

I just wonder why everyone thinks their feelings ****ing matter so much that there should legislation to protect them.
  • Like 2
I'd say the answer to that question is kind of like the answer to "who's the sucker in this poker game?"*

*If you can't tell, it's you. ;)

village_idiot.gif

I read a good explaination of SJWs today.

Say there was mall or school without wheelchair access

An activist would create petitions or hold rallys in support of building a wheelchair ramp

An SJW would try to tear the stairs down because the presence of stairs is hurtful to those who can't use them.

• Like 8
The area between the balls and the butt is a hotbed of terrorist activity.

Devastatorsig.jpg

You sound guilty about something Ineth.....are you a member of that reprehensible " I hate fat people group " ?....You can be honest.....we all friends here  :aiee:

It hurts that you think so low of me, as to believe I would be a member of any part of Reddit. :p

Edited by Ineth

"Some ideas are so stupid that only an intellectual could believe them." -- attributed to George Orwell

I just wonder why everyone thinks their feelings ****ing matter so much that there should legislation to protect them.

No :)

I'm not saying there should laws to protect overweight people from verbal abuse ....I'm saying civil society should just reject that "I don't like fat people forum "  

John Milton