What are you playing now?

Mucking around with GTA 5 Online

Why has elegance found so little following? Elegance has the disadvantage that hard work is needed to achieve it and a good education to appreciate it. - Edsger Wybe Dijkstra

I went on the New Vegas Nexus this week and I found this:

http://www.nexusmods.com/newvegas/mods/58606/?tab=1&navtag=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.nexusmods.com%2Fnewvegas%2Fajax%2Fmoddescription%2F%3Fid%3D58606%26preview%3D&pUp=1

Now the maker of this mod was an enterprising fellow.

• Like 1
“Political philosophers have often pointed out that in wartime, the citizen, the male citizen at least, loses one of his most basic rights, his right to life; and this has been true ever since the French Revolution and the invention of conscription, now an almost universally accepted principle. But these same philosophers have rarely noted that the citizen in question simultaneously loses another right, one just as basic and perhaps even more vital for his conception of himself as a civilized human being: the right not to kill.”

-Jonathan Littell <<Les Bienveillantes>>

"The chancellor, the late chancellor, was only partly correct. He was obsolete. But so is the State, the entity he worshipped. Any state, entity, or ideology becomes obsolete when it stockpiles the wrong weapons: when it captures territories, but not minds; when it enslaves millions, but convinces nobody. When it is naked, yet puts on armor and calls it faith, while in the Eyes of God it has no faith at all. Any state, any entity, any ideology that fails to recognize the worth, the dignity, the rights of Man...that state is obsolete."

-Rod Serling

Went from Fallout, to Fallout 2 and now thanks to the Fallout 4 hype, just started a game of Fallout 3.

Went from Fallout, to Fallout 2 and now thanks to the Fallout 4 hype, just started a game of Fallout 3.

:lol:  I just started that very thing. The FO4 trailer inspired me to play them all again. I just started a new FO1 game for the first time in 6-7 years last night!

I'm playing Fallout 3 as well.   :p

I've been playing FO:NV pretty regularly, but I hadn't gone back to FO3 since it came out.  It will be nice to play through the DLC.  Also this is definitely my favorite Bethesda game ever, I don't get why I enjoy exploring the wastes so much more than ancient ruins.

I did Fallout 3 recently but oh god the crashes...dunno if I can go back to that game unless the maker of New Vegas Anti Crash decides to give it full support.

Looking forward to another blast on New Vegas one day though, I'm currently playing Oblivion, Far Cry 3 and possibly the Bioshock Infinite DLC.

Yeah, Fallout 3 is not old enough to have this many issues on Windows 8.   :getlost:

The weird one is where I get running somehow gets disabled and I have to exit the game to get it working again.  Plus I'm stuck with an odd blue border around the game.

Yeah, Fallout 3 is not old enough to have this many issues on Windows 8.   :getlost:

The weird one is where I get running somehow gets disabled and I have to exit the game to get it working again.  Plus I'm stuck with an odd blue border around the game.

It has this many issues no matter what version of Windows you run, the blue border is a new one on me though.

I went on the New Vegas Nexus this week and I found this:

http://www.nexusmods.com/newvegas/mods/58606/?tab=1&navtag=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.nexusmods.com%2Fnewvegas%2Fajax%2Fmoddescription%2F%3Fid%3D58606%26preview%3D&pUp=1

Now the maker of this mod was an enterprising fellow.

That **** would give Frank Horrigan nightmares.

• Like 1

- When he is best, he is a little worse than a man, and when he is worst, he is little better than a beast.

On a whim the other night, I fired up Dungeons of Dredmor for the first time in rather awhile.  And it has changed quite a lot since the last I looked in on it.  (I think I also bought the DLC in some Steam sale or another.)  It remains consistently charming and pretty entertaing, in spite of its core problem of being a Roguelike that takes a really really long time to play through. 

So now I'm trying to work out a way to honor my avatar with a build featuring Astrology and Egyptian Magic.

Edited by Enoch

More DA:I.  I've been sticking to the main quest+companion tasks, largely.  I do a couple of the other quests if they're on the way to where I need to go for the companion quests, but I'm not going out of my way to do them otherwise.

I want to do the Orlais court thing before the Warden thing, but I'm low on power so I need to grind a bit to be able to head there.

"Console exclusive is such a harsh word." - Darque

"Console exclusive is two words Darque." - Nartwak (in response to Darque's observation)

Still playing Strife.  I'm definitely fairly comfortable playing as Vermillion now and I have a pretty good build dialed in, but my map presence leaves a lot to be desired.  In the last game I walked right into several ganks that I really should have seen coming, those patches of grass are there for a reason.  We still won though as our team worked really well together and we steamrolled through objective after objective.  I think I'm going to drop them a few shekels as I think the game has earned it.  I'm closing in on 25 hours played with not a penny spent and I've had quite a bit of fun the whole time, win or lose.  I think their business model is reasonable too.  Unlike a lot of MOBAs, you get every character for free.  You can use the gems that you can buy with real money (you earn gems in-game too, albeit slowly) to craft items, changing the components that make up existing items, changing their stats, and you can optionally add an extra effect on top of that while crafting, which does make a better item, but also a more expensive one, so it's not necessarily always better (the extra effect does you no good if you can't finish assembling the item because the recipe is too expensive).  Plus, you can craft items with a different in-game only currency that you acquire relatively quickly, so the pay to win factor is pretty dang low.  If I do drop some cash on the game, I'll likely spend the gems on skins and dyes, rather than crafting, anyway.

I also scooped up Cities Skylines on sale 30% off from Greenmangaming.  I suppose there's always the chance it will get a deeper discount during the inevitable Steam Summer Sale, but it's a pretty new game that has sold quite well, so I don't expect a very deep discount on it.  I'm downloading the game now.  I'm pretty excited, it's been a long time since I played a real deal city builder, unless you count Tropico 5, which is more a comedy economy simulator than an in-depth city builder.

sky_twister_suzu.gif.bca4b31c6a14735a9a4b5a279a428774.gif
🇺🇸RFK Jr 2024🇺🇸

"Any organization created out of fear must create fear to survive." - Bill Hicks

Fallout 3. I cut down on the amount of mods I usually install. Also installed the unofficial patch. Only had one crash, an unusual one I never had before. I was about to click on Moria to talk to her and the game froze. I really hope they aren't using that POS crash happy Gamebryo engine again.

War is Peace, Freedom is Slavery, Ignorance is Strength

Baldur's Gate modding
TeamBG
Baldur's Gate modder/community leader
Baldur's Gate - Enhanced Edition beta tester
Baldur's Gate 2 - Enhanced Edition beta tester

Icewind Dale - Enhanced Edition beta tester

Fallout 3. I cut down on the amount of mods I usually install. Also installed the unofficial patch. Only had one crash, an unusual one I never had before. I was about to click on Moria to talk to her and the game froze. I really hope they aren't using that POS crash happy Gamebryo engine again.

Oh they're definitely using the same engine but they fixed most of the crashes for Skyrim.  Some people find that using Fallout Stutter Remover eases crashes but I suspect this only applies to older PCs, I'd recommend it though, if only for how much smoother the game feels.

New Vegas Anti Crash actually does work for Fallout 3 but it only saved me from a couple of crashes.

Edited by WDeranged

Oh they're definitely using the same engine but they fixed most of the crashes for Skyrim.  

Not in my experience, the game is even more buggy now after the various DLCs and "fixes" - it's the only game I'v ever played where I had to learn how to remove "dirty edits" for it to work properly. And that's the most recent release...

edit: ah you said "crashes" .. hmm, well I guess they did.

Fortune favors the bald.

:lol:  I just started that very thing. The FO4 trailer inspired me to play them all again. I just started a new FO1 game for the first time in 6-7 years last night!

I'm playing Fallout 3 as well.   :p

I've been playing FO:NV pretty regularly, but I hadn't gone back to FO3 since it came out.  It will be nice to play through the DLC.  Also this is definitely my favorite Bethesda game ever, I don't get why I enjoy exploring the wastes so much more than ancient ruins.

I did Fallout 3 recently but oh god the crashes...dunno if I can go back to that game unless the maker of New Vegas Anti Crash decides to give it full support.

Looking forward to another blast on New Vegas one day though, I'm currently playing Oblivion, Far Cry 3 and possibly the Bioshock Infinite DLC.

Played half way through FO3 recently and had to give up. I didn't get any of those random memory leak crashes, but incredibly there are still hard crashes in certain parts. There is one right at the beginning and one in Operation anchorage DLC. They have always been there on all the hardware I've had since FO3 came out. You can get lucky and do a complete playthrough without but it's rare. 

Na na  na na  na na  ...

greg358 from Darksouls 3 PVP is a CHEATER.

That is all.

Another day another Strife match (I generally play 1 or 2 matches a day, they usually take 35-40 minutes each).  This time I had better map awareness.  I was more cognizant of hiding spots for potential ganks and I paid better attention to enemies being missing from lanes and the map in general and was extra cautious when enemies were missing and checked on Cindara and Baldir if I was nearby to see if the enemy team was trying for an objective.  I even managed to set up a gank or two of my own.  On the other hand, I got reckless and pursued and pushed too hard a couple times, leading to a couple very avoidable deaths.  Baby steps.  Our team won though, so that's a bonus.

🇺🇸RFK Jr 2024🇺🇸

"Any organization created out of fear must create fear to survive." - Bill Hicks

They are fun with this playing in the background - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SvRYVSQS2_s

Playing GTA V, rather liking it so far. Did a random quest to help some lady who claimed another woman was being assaulted, surprise it was a trap. Shame she didn't beg or anything after I waxed the ambushers, but oh well. The new police behaviour is good change, too, slightly easier to avoid, but that may be due to the map.

Maybe I will try some online too.

• Like 1

Why has elegance found so little following? Elegance has the disadvantage that hard work is needed to achieve it and a good education to appreciate it. - Edsger Wybe Dijkstra

Pillars of Eternity.

ARMA III

Banished ( on the side )

Cities

Valkyria Chronicles

GTA V

Halo MCC

DMC

This is over the last two weeks.

Edited by s13ep

King of Kings

Lord of Lords

More Strife goodness, that's my jam at the moment.  Lost my last match, which broke my streak of 5 wins in a row, but I'm more proud of my performance in that match than in any of those wins.  Our team was off to a disadvantage almost immediately, as one player disconnected, so it was 4 v 5.  I got a couple nice solo kills early and then held my lane pretty well 1 v 2.  I did die a couple times later when another enemy rotated in and they ganked me 3 on 1, I did escape a couple 3 on 1 gank attempts too, though.  Then another player from our team left, then another.  The game has a system that shares gold among the remaining players if someone leaves to try to make up for a disadvantage like that, to some extent, but there's only so much you can do 2 v 5.  Still, myself and the other remaining player who decided to stick it out to the end held our base for a shockingly long time.  We were going to lose for sure, but we made them work for it.  I had a blast desperately trying to hold the last of our defenses. 

🇺🇸RFK Jr 2024🇺🇸

Fallout 3 still. Miss having Marts Mutant Mod. I liked the challenges it brought. But I believe it caused crashes in my previous games. I would have crashes around spawn points in the game.

War is Peace, Freedom is Slavery, Ignorance is Strength

Baldur's Gate modding
TeamBG
Baldur's Gate modder/community leader
Baldur's Gate - Enhanced Edition beta tester
Baldur's Gate 2 - Enhanced Edition beta tester

Icewind Dale - Enhanced Edition beta tester

Finished the main story in DA:I.  I'm thinking of tackling the JoH DLC, but I'm not sure I'm high enough level yet.  The final fight saw me earn enough XP to reach level 20, but I've seen/read that it's better to be in the level 22 or so range for the DLC.

"Console exclusive is two words Darque." - Nartwak (in response to Darque's observation)

Finished the main story in DA:I.  I'm thinking of tackling the JoH DLC, but I'm not sure I'm high enough level yet.  The final fight saw me earn enough XP to reach level 20, but I've seen/read that it's better to be in the level 22 or so range for the DLC.

How does the DLC work?  Once you start it, can you go back to the main game or does it "lock you in" to the DLC once you begin?  Because if you can always go back to main game stuff, why not try starting the DLC and if it's too hard, go back to main game areas to grind?

As for me, I just had the most fun match of Strife ever, holy smokes it was tense.  Our teams were super evenly matched and the game went back and forth for an hour.  They took most of our towers, we took most of their towers, the got Baldir 3 times and spawned Dharkwaves and took one of our generators, we got Cindara and pushed with Krytos and weakened one of their generators, then they got Cindara and pushed with Krytos but we managed to hold strong, then they pushed and took down another one of our generators but overcommited and we wiped them then immediately went and got Cindara and pushed carefully with Krytos not taking any generator down, but weakening it.  Then the deciding moment as both teams had the same idea, we both headed for Baldir.  They got there first, but we got there in time and attacked them and won a really close skirmish between teams then took Baldir and spawned Dharkwave and with the help of that we took down the 2 weakened generators and had just enough oomph to take down their crux and win.  It was so close, had they won the skirmish near Baldir we would have surely lost, but we prevailed.  I went with a tankier build for Vermillion and it paid off.  I had noticed in previous games that I had gone too far down the all in on attack speed, power, and lifesteal road, so I sacrificed a bit of power and attack speed (still went full on lifesteal) in favor of more health and better armor and resistance.  Even though Vermillion is not naturally a tank, I think it makes sense to make him at least somewhat tanky.  Vermillion excels at long drawn out battles because he's not dependent on mana very much.  Half his skills are passive and enhance his right-click damage, the other skills do use mana, but they're crowd control as much as they are damage skills (maybe more so).  Some characters depend on their active, mana using abilities to do most of their damage while most of Vermillion's damage comes from his right-click auto-attack.  He can't do burst damage, but what he does is sustained damage.  When I went for my all in glass cannon builds I often got burst down before I could do enough damage to bring enemies down.  With a tankier build I don't do quite as much damage, but I survive long enough for enemies to run out of gas (mana), then most of their damage is gone while I'm still doing moderately high sustained damage and healing off lifesteal.  Good times.

Edited by Keyrock

🇺🇸RFK Jr 2024🇺🇸

How does the DLC work?  Once you start it, can you go back to the main game or does it "lock you in" to the DLC once you begin?  Because if you can always go back to main game stuff, why not try starting the DLC and if it's too hard, go back to main game areas to grind?

You can travel back and forth from the map throughout.  It does recommend at least level 20 before attempting, though.  For reference, level 16-19 was recommended for the final boss fight.

I finally made it over there.  Decided to finish off a couple of the "optional" sidequests after finishing the final battle before making the trip.  The enemies are definitely tougher than what you were up against in the "core" game.  Luckily my party is level 21, so it's not been overwhelming or anything.