What's on the idiot box Part 4 (or something)

LadyCrimson

Epic Times - Dukes of Hazzard Star Rips TV Land for dropping show reruns

John Schneider is blasting TV Land for its decision to erase from its schedule — due its depiction of the Confederate flag — reruns of The Dukes of Hazzard, the wholesome show that made the actor a teen idol in the 1980s.

The Dukes of Hazzard was and is no more a show seated in racism than Breaking Bad was a show seated in reality,” Schneider told The Hollywood Reporter on Wednesday.

TV Land confirmed Wednesday that it pulled the show in the aftermath of the June 17 shooting in Charleston, S.C., perpetrated by Dylann Roof, who was a fan of the Confederacy, known in the 19th century for its defense of slavery.

Schneider says his residuals from the show “have never been much to write home about,” but he would like the show to persist because of the old-fashioned values it promotes, such as honesty, courage, chivalry, rebelliousness and the like. Those who seek to malign the show because the famous car it featured had a Confederate flag painted on the roof are missing the point, he says.

“I am saddened that one angry and misguided individual can cause one of the most beloved television shows in the history of the medium to suddenly be seen in this light,” Schneider said Wednesday. “Are people who grew up watching the show now suddenly racists? Will they have to go through a detox and a 12-step program to kick their Dukes habit? ‘Hi… My name is John. I’m a Dukesoholic.’”

"Cuius testiculos habeas, habeas cardia et cerebellum."

Yeah it is pure evil, ignorance, and moronic. There was NOTHING racist about the Dukes of Hazzards. If anything the Dukes were example that not the stereotype of Southerners being racist hicks who think the flag was about hating blacks is bullcrap.

\\

The flag did not murder anyone nor did it convince the scumbag shooter to do so. His racism and hatred had NOTHING to do with the flag. No more than the Amerikan flag is responsible  for the evils done.

With this kind of attitude you'd think they'd be banning Islam right? But, no, that would be morally wrong because just ebcause terorrists use Islam to further their evil goals doesn't mean Islam or all Muslims are evil.

Double hypocritical standards are double hypocritical standards.

• Like 1

DWARVES IN PROJECT ETERNITY = VOLOURN HAS PLEDGED $250.

Got sick of waiting for Community season 5 to hit Netflix or whatever and just downloaded it. That show is like bathing in pure liquid joy.

The area between the balls and the butt is a hotbed of terrorist activity.

Devastatorsig.jpg

sherlock-christmas-special.jpg

Sherlock is going back in time, and the new official photo tweeted out by the BBC is proof of just that. Because those outfits are definitely from the Victorian era. As is Watson’s mustache. Especially that mustache.

The popular BBC series that launched Benedict Cumberbatch’s career and won Martin Freeman a well-deserved BAFTA is known for being a modern adaptation of the typically Victorian detective. So after three seasons of stomping around modern London, the show decided to switch things up a bit for the upcoming Christmas special and plop renowned detective Sherlock Holmes and Dr. John Watson in that familiar Victorian era territory.

Edited by Raithe
  • Like 1

//edit: wrong thread.

Edited by Meshugger

"Some men see things as they are and say why?"
"I dream things that never were and say why not?"
- George Bernard Shaw

"Hope in reality is the worst of all evils because it prolongs the torments of man."
- Friedrich Nietzsche

"The amount of energy necessary to refute bull**** is an order of magnitude bigger than to produce it."

- Some guy 

Sherlock is going back in time, and the new official photo tweeted out by the BBC is proof of just that. Because those outfits are definitely from the Victorian era. As is Watson’s mustache. Especially that mustache.

The popular BBC series that launched Benedict Cumberbatch’s career and won Martin Freeman a well-deserved BAFTA is known for being a modern adaptation of the typically Victorian detective. So after three seasons of stomping around modern London, the show decided to switch things up a bit for the upcoming Christmas special and plop renowned detective Sherlock Holmes and Dr. John Watson in that familiar Victorian era territory.

Stephen Moffat is finding doing Sherlock and Dr Who simultaneously difficult, so he is combining the two series' Christmas Specials?

Best TV news of the year!  :aiee:

Even better than Agent Carter and Agents of SHIELD Season Two, announced today releasing on blu-ray September 18! 

Now I just need Daredevil to show up on disc ... 

All Stop. On Screen.

Great news, the second season of The Strain is about to be released ....yaaaay   :dancing:

"Abashed the devil stood and felt how awful goodness is and saw Virtue in her shape how lovely: and pined his loss”

John Milton 

"We don't stop playing because we grow old; we grow old because we stop playing.” -  George Bernard Shaw

"What counts in life is not the mere fact that we have lived. It is what difference we have made to the lives of others that will determine the significance of the life we lead" - Nelson Mandela

You mean the first episode that aired yesterday?I 

I mean the second season, not everyone gets it the same time as you Europeans so we will get it  in a day or two :)

Edited by BruceVC

"Abashed the devil stood and felt how awful goodness is and saw Virtue in her shape how lovely: and pined his loss”

John Milton 

"We don't stop playing because we grow old; we grow old because we stop playing.” -  George Bernard Shaw

"What counts in life is not the mere fact that we have lived. It is what difference we have made to the lives of others that will determine the significance of the life we lead" - Nelson Mandela

I was thinking about my time in the military and how it was like a mix between the IT Crowd and MASH and now I really wish there was a show that was a mix between the IT Crowd and MASH

Edited by ShadySands
  • Like 1

Free games updated 3/4/21

I think mine was closer to a mix between Hogan's Heroes and Hee Haw. Probably the world doesn't need a show like that, but I do appreciate those who gave up so much. The Tennessee incident has me in shreds. 

Sorry, okay, happy time, Sherlock Season Three came yesterday on blu-ray, can't wait to re-watch. 

• Like 1

All Stop. On Screen.

But...they're dead! :(

...although actually giving the article a quick glance over, seems like the article writer thought of that, too. Flashbacks wouldn't exactly be the best of ways to reintroduce dead characters...but outside of magical resurrection or cloning, I guess it's pretty much the only way. :p

How I have existed fills me with horror. For I have failed in everything - spelling, arithmetic, riding, tennis, golf; dancing, singing, acting; wife, mistress, whore, friend. Even cooking. And I do not excuse myself with the usual escape of 'not trying'. I tried with all my heart.

In my dreams, I am not crippled. In my dreams, I dance.

There's been a fan theory for year that the Lone Gunmen faked their death.  This idea was also presented in Chris Carter's X-Files comic.

...but as a fan of their TV show, what about Jimmy Bond and Yves Harlow?

I cannot - yet I must. How do you calculate that? At what point on the graph do "must" and "cannot" meet? Yet I must - but I cannot! ~ Ro-Man

For the Shannara Chronicles Behind the Scenes Photos

shannara-trio-torches.jpg?fit=740%2C9999

Photo credit: Kirsty Griffin

At San Diego Comic-Con, readers of Terry Brooks’ The Shannara Chronicles were delighted to get a detailed look at MTV’s upcoming adaptation of the fantasy series. MTV hasn’t stopped there: Even though the series doesn’t premiere for nearly six more months, the network is building up buzz with fans old and new by posting tons of behind-the-scenes photos.

We get to see the gorgeous New Zealand landscape standing in for the Four Lands, meet our trio—Chosen elf Amberle, half-human/half-elf Wil, and thief Eretria—and even glimpse Brooks himself on the set.

Druid Allanon takes in the gorgeous sights:

shannara-auckland.jpg?resize=740%2C493&t

The interiors are just as impressive—here’s Arborlon Palace:

shannara-palace.jpg?resize=740%2C489&typ

Inside the palace, there’s plenty of royal intrigue, like King Eventine (John Rhys-Davies!) and his son Ander discussing just what all is going on with Amberle and the Chosen:

shannara-royals.jpg?resize=740%2C493&typ

Keep your eyes peeled for a Terry Brooks cameo somewhere in season 1!

shannara-brooks.jpg?resize=740%2C493&typ

And here’s Wil, Amberle, and Eretria again, clearly up to no good:

shannara-trio.jpg?resize=740%2C494&type=

Not enough photos for you? MTV’s got a whole Tumblr full of behind-the-scenes goodies, so be sure to check there for more videos, GIFs, and character intel. The Shannara Chronicles will premiere on MTV in January 2016.