Collector's Editon Map (horrible)

Seriously, seven pages here, who knows how many more posts on reddit–has there been any response from Obsidian on this? I didn't pledge enough for the physical goods, but I feel bad for everyone who did :( The prospect of a map was nearly enough to convince me, but wow, it really is terrible.

Hmm, surely people are just being overly critical here...

(opens Collectors Edition, pulls out map)

Wow. Nope, that is terrible.The Wasteland 2 map wasn't all that great either, but I think it worked better than this as it could pass as something that had been sitting in some ranger's back-pocket for a few years. This one's just... not good at all.

well, on the one hand id rather have a great game and sub-par physical rewards than the other way round...  On the other hand it would be great if obsidian could do something to help this.

Too late for this time, but hopefully InXile (TormentTides) and Obsidian (for next Pillars-Kickstarter) learned from this! 

But I´m not sure whether it´s possible for InXile to still fix it, maybe they even already did some steps! Torment Collectors Tier was higher than Wastelands, Boxed-Edition was pricier and so on...

...anyways, @Obsidian, for next time you should think of only designing one BackerBoxedEdition!

Yes, it´s cool that you can extend the CE with AddOns and so on, but if the quality does suffer I wouldn´t call it the way to go.

Only designing one CE, maybe for 160$ then and a signed variant would probably help to get "mass production" of all that stuff! Oh, and of course folks who don´t want a CE can have the regular boxed!

Is anyone else starting to get a little miffed that nobody at Obsidian will man up and at least acknowledge this?

I'm guessing they feel it is a total non issue. They fulfilled their contractual obligations and our opinions are subjective. Why not find the balls to come in here and just tell us to eat it, then? 

... i need a sandwich.

EDIT; Typo

Edited by khermann

Is anyone else starting to get a little miffed that nobody at Obsidian will man up and at least acknowledge this?

I'm guessing they feel it is a total non issue. They fulfilled their contractual obligations and our opinions are subjective. Why not find the balls to come in here and just tell us to eat it, then? 

... i need a sandwich.

EDIT; Typo

Ooo, make me one too! I'm starving.

Sorry, brother.

It was a plumb dandy, though! Pulled Homemade Chicken Salad on Oat with sprouts, cucumber, tomato, bacon, cheddar and light honey mustard. Toasted.

A finer sandwich you could not ask for in all the Valley!

As for the map... you know a friend of mine put it in really good context today. It's like being told you're going to get an annual bonus at work, but it ends up being a coupon to the company store. You just don't feel appreciated and you can have a reaction like "nothing would be better than this" because at least then you wouldn't know they were just trying to placate you with something that cost them absolutely as little as possible.

That sounds like an excellent sandwich.

Regardless, has anyone tried PMing Josh or Brandon? They're pretty good about responding. Eventually. I think they just have a lot on their plates right now, and disappointment with any physical goods is probably pretty low on the priority list as compared with their patches and such.

Truly, I know many of us that have sent Brandon PM's have eventually gotten a response. His responses also tend to be faster for those that are [Diplomatic] about it.

Looks like garbage. The BG2 and Torment maps/bonus art were gorgeous and cost considerably less. Not cloth just glossy paper stuff, but I will take that over washed out **** like this.

You can't seriously call this a "cloth" map ... it's starch-sprayed knit fibers that are thinner than a piece of stock office paper. Cloth. LOL

This is my favorite cloth map that came with a game:

Ultima%20IX%20Dragon%20Edition%20Content

I have it too.

It was ****ing fantastic.

And it wasn't even a collector's edition... just  the normal package for a normal game price. Good old times.

Edited by Fuz

• 2 weeks later...

I really hope Obsidian had something in their contract with Paradox that cuts the $$$ Paradox is making off of PoE if they didn't deliver the quality expected, or in the timely manner promised.

I'd assume this would be near impossible to do if the only reason Paradox signed on in the first place was to be able to foot the bill for rewards.

I really hope Obsidian had something in their contract with Paradox that cuts the $$$ Paradox is making off of PoE if they didn't deliver the quality expected, or in the timely manner promised.

I'd assume this would be near impossible to do if the only reason Paradox signed on in the first place was to be able to foot the bill for rewards.

Rewards are not diverted funds for the game, it's profits. The assumption is the game will be funded before rewards ; that's the whole point. They basically said they would prefer to keep the money for themselves than spend the money on better physical rewards. The map is one area they basically said "do whatever is cheapest that will fulfill our contract obligation from the kicksarter". Which appears to be someone's kid with an inkjet printer, a pair of scissors, and a weekend to kill.

Guest rgomez

Hello everyone!

We've been looking into this issue. If you received a blurry map and would like a replacement, please contact support@paradoxplaza.com. Paradox is working together with the company who printed the maps in order to send out replacements when needed.

- Rose

Sorry, brother.

It was a plumb dandy, though! Pulled Homemade Chicken Salad on Oat with sprouts, cucumber, tomato, bacon, cheddar and light honey mustard. Toasted.

A finer sandwich you could not ask for in all the Valley!

Thanks a lot ****. I have NOTHING in the kitchen right now and it's the middle of the night. Gonna have to whip up some ****ty pasta with cheese and cry into it. 

- How can I live my life if I can't even tell good from evil?

- Eh, they're both fine choices. Whatever floats your boat. 

Hello everyone!

We've been looking into this issue. If you received a blurry map and would like a replacement, please contact support@paradoxplaza.com. Paradox is working together with the company who printed the maps in order to send out replacements when needed.

- Rose

Before I do something like that, what does the non-blurry map look like (ie, where's a decent close up image of one)? I wouldn't want to get my hopes up for nothing.