480 Discussion

Sensuki

Noticed +1 con replaced +1 intellect in one of the backgrounds. I like that.

One of them now has Perception too. I reported it as a bug instead of posting it in this forum, and they finally changed it :)

Sadly I don't see more variation in the skill bonuses though. No stealth + mechanics that I could find. Or +2 of either. Still lots of +2 lore everywhere. :/

Speaking of balance.. How's minor threat doing? :D

In general - are there many changes to racial abilities?

They ruined nature. :(

Instead of considerable amount of extra gain from HoTs, they now get +1 Might/Con/Dex while under 50% stam. I strongly disapprove! I'd remove all the "when under 50% stamina" racials though if it were up to me.

+ New inrerface sounds! Thank you so much for removing the old universal click sound. The new dialogue option click is less bothering, but IMO it

The new click sounds are tinny as, they're the opposite of what I want to hear from click sounds in this game

http://forums.obsidian.net/topic/70939-480-issue-with-new-click-sounds/

Tinny sounds upset people

Interesting, I watched your bug report video, but I think I'm not having this issue myself. I didn't save my game before exiting and I'm just going out, so I'll test later.

A Custom Editor for Deadfire's Data:
eFoHp9V.png

My current two complaints based on 480:

there are still occasional frame rate / performance hitches once every say 6 seconds or so, while moving the party about an area.

and, there seems to be too much reverb on the voices. The volume sliders are awesome, so you can adjust how loud they are, but too reverberant - sounds out of place when you're outside.

there are still occasional frame rate / performance hitches once every say 6 seconds or so, while moving the party about an area.

post your specs, plz.

I see the dreams so marvelously sad

The creeks of land so solid and encrusted

Where wave and tide against the shore is busted

While chanting by the moonlit twilight's bed

trees (of Twin Elms) could use more of Magran's touch © Durance

I get them as well.

I believe the problem is caused by long frame times, every now and again one of the frames takes too long, like 30ms or so, and then the animations update 2 frames later and it looks like the party has hitched. Happens regularly, no matter the frame rate.

There's a new stuttering issue in the Dyrford present in this build, wasn't in the last one

Edited by Sensuki

I wanted to use Expert Mode, but I don't like it because it contains many things that I don't like. I also don't like that the disabling of some things are exclusive to expert mode.

I kinda agree with you somewhat but... Expert Mode is Expert Mode, stuff is meant/designed to be exclusive for Expert Mode. I would've prefered from a gameplay point-of-view that some (if not all) of it should've been toggleable in the Options Menu... but then it wouldn't be much of an "Expert Mode", then it would've just been "Expert Options".

(P.S. Expert Mode doesn't make the game any more or less difficult in any way, it just requires you to observe the flow of the game slightly more, in my experience. One could call it "Artifical Difficulty" Mode even)

So what is the chance that in 13 days this game is release worthy?

Well it is release worthy right now so I would say pretty good.

I agree :)

Also, remember that the BB is a few days old.

Instead of considerable amount of extra gain from HoTs, they now get +1 Might/Con/Dex while under 50% stam. I strongly disapprove! I'd remove all the "when under 50% stamina" racials though if it were up to me.

I like the old racial way more too.

I like the old racial way more too.

Me too. Please reverse this decision. It was fine just as it was.

*** "The words of someone who feels ever more the ent among saplings when playing CRPGs" ***

I get them as well.

I believe the problem is caused by long frame times, every now and again one of the frames takes too long, like 30ms or so, and then the animations update 2 frames later and it looks like the party has hitched. Happens regularly, no matter the frame rate.

There's a new stuttering issue in the Dyrford present in this build, wasn't in the last one

I barely noticed what you meant in your video (granted my laptop screen is pretty small). I guess experiencing it yourself is a different matter. Hopefully they'll fix that if they didn't already in their builds. 

I get them as well.

I barely noticed what you meant in your video (granted my laptop screen is pretty small). I guess experiencing it yourself is a different matter. Hopefully they'll fix that if they didn't already in their builds. 

He recorded it in 30fps, but it was still clearly visible. Try to imagine how that looks on a 60fps screen. 

I think so, but it's really annoying. I know if my character is being flanked if they are engaged by more than one enemy and I can see it on the tooltip. I don't need some green spew under my character's feet saying HOLY FK DUDE YOU ARE FLANKED - you can't really do anything about it anyway due to the engagement system.

Yea these over the top visuals are lame and I want a way to remove them....the stupid arrows and cloudy green/red things have to go...even if they remove it with expert mode...SOME WAY to get that stuff off the screen.

Like you said...we bloody well know when we're flanked....the only reason these things are added is because of a controversial(at best) mechanic.

and, there seems to be too much reverb on the voices. The volume sliders are awesome, so you can adjust how loud they are, but too reverberant - sounds out of place when you're outside.

Unfortunetly (or maybe no), I can't feel performance hitches, my CPU is too fast original.gif

first-world-problems-ii.jpg

As for the reverb, I agree, but I guess there's nothing that can be done now sad.png

The new click sounds are tinny as, they're the opposite of what I want to hear from click sounds in this game

Upon testing (well, listening more carefully), I see what you mean, but I think this is Working as Designed ® There are indeed two sounds, but that seems to have been done intentionally - one sound for active state (mouse button down) and another sound for leaving active state, when you let go of the mouse button.

I share your opinion, we're better off with just one sound, and I believe it should be played only on "mouse button pressed".

Edited by Gairnulf

eFoHp9V.png

Unfortunetly (or maybe no), I can't feel performance hitches, my CPU is too fast original.gif

first-world-problems-ii.jpg

As for the reverb, I agree, but I guess there's nothing that can be done now sad.png

Upon testing (well, listening more carefully), I see what you mean, but I think this is Working as Designed ® There are indeed two sounds, but that seems to have been done intentionally - one sound for active state (mouse button down) and another sound for leaving active state, when you let go of the mouse button.

I share your opinion, we're better off with just one sound, and I believe it should be played only on "mouse button pressed".

I think some people were complaining about the monotonous clicking that was going on with each click...so they may have added another sound to break that....I countered that by saying the old games had the same monotonous clicking and it was fine but.....

We'd have to hear from them if that's something they added due to that feedback but yea there should only be one click sound...................

I think some people were complaining about the monotonous clicking that was going on with each click...so they may have added another sound to break that....I countered that by saying the old games had the same monotonous clicking and it was fine but.....

We'd have to hear from them if that's something they added due to that feedback but yea there should only be one click sound...................

If by some people you mean me in particular, yes, but I doubt that was their intention. When you click fast, you really hear one sound on top of the other, so this doesn't add variety :) However, the changed default clicking sound is better IMO, and the different sounds for clicking on different interface elements are an improvement.

eFoHp9V.png

HAHAHAHAHA HAHAHAHAHHAH

uploading a video

hahhahah

Auto attack is OFF.

So how much dev time is needed to realize disengagement is utterly broken and either needs to go or needs someone to sit down and actually fix it?

EDIT:

I mean really I can't stop laughing at how you can make a woodchipper in this game by bunching up characters like that.

Edited by talharbash

stuff is meant/designed to be exclusive for Expert Mode.

No, they just can't be bothered adding a toggle for it in the Options menu. That's all it is.

Same thing, different semantics. But I know that they are designers and developers so, "Designed to be like that", sounds better to me than me pretending to speak for them and say, "They didn't bother to do it in any other way". In a certain light, both of those citations can mean the same thing.

Like I said previously (with some clarification): I partially agree with you, about being able to toggle the helpers rather than "force" all of it onto you from start to finish. But then again, that's where I find the charm in it: it isn't "On" toggleable (only during New Game), it is meant to put you slightly more on your toes and you're going to have to think and use your brains more, and, if you can't handle it, you can disable Expert Mode, in-game, but you won't be able to re-enable it.

It also is more traditional in relevancy to the IE games (where you pretty much had zero visual helpers). And that's also partially why I'd like to have the "who's targeting who" helpers gone from Expert Mode as well.

Edited by Osvir