The Kickstarter Thread

CoM_Solaufein

Backing MLF Mutant League Football.

https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/mendheim/mutant-football-league-mfl/

I backed at the beta level and was surprised to immediately get a message with a Steam sneak peak key.

Looked interesting, even though I never understood the rules of American Football (or why it's even called football, but meh), then I noticed a controller is required. So much for that :(

Project Creator comment on that in the comment section was:

"Guys, you can play Sneak Peek Preview with gamepads only. Keyboard is not supported right now (but will be in nearest future)"

Hmm, they should really be more clear on that on the KS page, chances that that cost them some backers is pretty high... Anyway, tossed them some moolah. Can't wait to see how this turns out. (I'll probably be bad, but that can be fun too ;))

(not that I don't own a controller, I'm just beyond hopeless when I try to use it for anything other that racing games. Trying to improve my controller skills it while playing "Remember Me" just made me hurt my wrists, so I just gave up on it :( )

• 3 weeks later...

And another great looking turn-based CRPG just launched on Kickstarter:  Sacred Fire is a role-playing game where your success and solutions to conflicts lie in the psychology of the characters, not in weapons, attacks, and damage types.

Really nice looking art and it's endorsed by Chris Avellone.

3192f201b39996c358c3dd929192ea41_origina

Also, it will feature the voice acting talent of Doug C0ckle (Geralt of Rivia fame).

Edited by daveyd
  • Like 1

Why is the voice of The Witcher a selling point? I can swallow a mouthful of gravel and do my own voice overs.

Some people like him.   I generally don't really care much one way or the other about voice acting myself but kids these days might expect it in their videeya games. 

Why is the voice of The Witcher a selling point? I can swallow a mouthful of gravel and do my own voice overs.

Mhm.

• Like 1

sky_twister_suzu.gif.bca4b31c6a14735a9a4b5a279a428774.gif
🇺🇸RFK Jr 2024🇺🇸

"Any organization created out of fear must create fear to survive." - Bill Hicks

Arcane  "features a wide range of gameplay elements from several game genres, including RPG, Survival and Adventure. The primary focus of the game is the Adventurer's progression in the ancient arts of sorcery. Choose from a variety of magic practices, establish a base, combat monsters, craft items and survive the lands of Arcane".

This game has really nice looking high res pixel art and music sounds nice as well.  KS page is a bit scant on details about gameplay but there's a design doc you can look at that goes into more detail.  Seems promising.

3cM7p6.png

Edited by daveyd

• 2 weeks later...

Mutant Football League (which illustrious obsidianites such as Hurlshot and myself backed) brought out an announcement today that the project will be put on hold, as President Trump appointed the head dev person as Ambassador to the Ukraine :p

https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/mendheim/mutant-football-league-mfl/posts/1847987

• Like 1

Unobtrusively informing you about my new ebook (which you should feel free to read and shower with praise).

I seriously hate April Fools Day.

Terrible day to be a gamer...

Just what do you think you're doing?! You dare to come between me and my prey? Is it a habit of yours to scurry about, getting in the way and causing bother?

What are you still bothering me for? I'm a Knight. I'm not interested in your childish games. I need my rest.

Begone! Lest I draw my nail...

I love numbers in games...

"Now I feel 26.3 angry, barbarian scum! Or... Barbarian nice person! ... I'm not sure what 26.3 angry actually is."

Is when your boss yells at you and you take it like a champ but then you really too much time complaining that the barista put the wrong name on your cup of coffee.

• Like 2
I'd say the answer to that question is kind of like the answer to "who's the sucker in this poker game?"*

*If you can't tell, it's you. ;)

village_idiot.gif

Well, Sacred Fire is now funded with 3 days to go for stretch goals (More character customization and voice acting.   Also Sony apparently expressed interest in having the game on PS4 so it is confirmed that the game will be ported to PS4 (only after PC version is complete) so people can choose to pledge for a digital download on PS4 if they don't mind waiting a few additional months. 

• Like 1

The Mandate posted a kickstarter update. It says stuff. Most backers seem to be rather indifferent, having written the project off as money wasted on vapourware.

• Like 1

Unobtrusively informing you about my new ebook (which you should feel free to read and shower with praise).

• 2 weeks later...

Oh, nice, it finally went public. Looking forward to it. Not sure that I like the premise but squad TB combat from the creator of the real X-COM? Count me in. ;)

• Like 1

No mind to think. No will to break. No voice to cry suffering.

• 5 weeks later...

I don't do crowdfunding any more and I'm pretty tired of the veritable deluge of pixel art games we've gotten over the last half decade or so (mainly because the pixel art in 98% of them is garbage), so it's weird for me to post a project that is both being crowdfunded and using pixel art.

https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/828401966/blasphemous-dark-and-brutal-2d-non-linear-platform

That said, holy **** look at the quality of that pixel art and those animations!  That's Owlboy-level stuff.  :w00t:

Edited by Keyrock
  • Like 2

sky_twister_suzu.gif.bca4b31c6a14735a9a4b5a279a428774.gif
🇺🇸RFK Jr 2024🇺🇸

"Any organization created out of fear must create fear to survive." - Bill Hicks