The Kickstarter Thread

CoM_Solaufein

I havent heard "Firefox" in forever. Good nostalgia! That's like using foxberry email lol The days of young I reckon.

Just what do you think you're doing?! You dare to come between me and my prey? Is it a habit of yours to scurry about, getting in the way and causing bother?

What are you still bothering me for? I'm a Knight. I'm not interested in your childish games. I need my rest.

Begone! Lest I draw my nail...

Wow, Kingmaker's backer portal has to be the worst I've had to register yet.

Never mind that I feel like I've just given my.ru another valid e-mail address to sell. *sigh*

That would explain all the spam I've been getting lately...

But yeah, I had to fight with it for a while to get it to work too.

It's been a while since I've seen a kickstarter that impressed me. Not including Deadire it may have been Hyper Light Drifter...

Crowdfunding is great, but it seems the bubble has burst.

Yay! Another HLD fan :D

This pleases SonicMage greatly!

• Like 1

Just what do you think you're doing?! You dare to come between me and my prey? Is it a habit of yours to scurry about, getting in the way and causing bother?

What are you still bothering me for? I'm a Knight. I'm not interested in your childish games. I need my rest.

Begone! Lest I draw my nail...

Well, sorry that happened to you. I was done with two clicks.

It's probably because I'm the only one left that still uses Firefox instead of Chrome. :)

I'm not quite prepared to hand Google even more personal data than they already have either. (and Firefox is still the superior browser in my book, I honestly don't see why Chrome gets so much hype, marketing?)

Chrome had a super fast javascrip engine at a time when JS exploded in importance and FF started to become massive bloatware and a resource hog. It's popularity isn't unfounded, I just can't be arsed to migrate - a mixture of inertia and no desire to google me up even more.

No mind to think. No will to break. No voice to cry suffering.

The Iron Oath is a game that I hope will surprise me, it feels like it has potential. However, it also looks like it can be done very poorly. I hope they steal take notes from Obsidian and put a lot of effort in the story and the relationship to the protagonist with the characters. 

• 7 months later...

If anyone's interested, here's another isometric RPG inspired by the IE games currently looking for funding on Kickstarter (Black Geyser: Couriers of Darkness):

https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/grapeocean/black-geyser-couriers-of-darkness?ref=1rbt7h

Edited by algroth
  • Like 4

My Twitch channel: https://www.twitch.tv/alephg

Currently playing: Roadwarden

• 1 month later...

Final Equinox: The Arrival is a science fiction CRPG with turn-based tactical space combat. There’s a pre-alpha demo you can download. $10 gets you a digital copy.  Looks pretty promising.  Big emphasis on interacting with your crew / NPCs through branching dialogue.  I haven't had the chance to try out the demo yet but will soon as I have off work. 

aa8cac431c32fe8b5686b3002f6ec325_origina

9bd449bce2bb91a852ba9fd626240af0_origina

• Like 2

Looks cool.  Too bad the demo seems to be Windows only.  I suppose I could try to run it through wine.  The final game will supposedly have Mac and Linux builds.

• Like 1

sky_twister_suzu.gif.bca4b31c6a14735a9a4b5a279a428774.gif
🇺🇸RFK Jr 2024🇺🇸

"Any organization created out of fear must create fear to survive." - Bill Hicks

I tried out the demo for a bit. It starts off with a brief combat w/ a tutorial. Basically it uses an action point system ( different attacks & buffs cost a certain # of points), so it's similar to Fallout 1 & 2 or AoD, in that regard but with spaceships & using astroids for limited cover.

The ship movement is too slow for my liking and the interface is a bit rough, but it runs great. This first combat is a cake wake but could see it being challenging & fun with more units.

I also played the initial dialogue which is mostly fielding background questions to help flesh out your character and determine their initial skills bonuses.  I probably won't play the entire demo as I'd rather not spoil the story.  Anyway, seems worth putting down $10 to me.

The funding is not going so well though.

Edited by daveyd
  • Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Xenonauts 2 just launched a Kickstarter

I don't see how this is good news. When they announced the sequel I figured they were in good enough shape to fund the project, but I guess the original wasn't as successful as I thought.

Oh well. Can't be worse than giving money to Paradox.

Edited by 213374U
  • Like 3

- When he is best, he is a little worse than a man, and when he is worst, he is little better than a beast.

Xenonauts 2 just launched a Kickstarter

I don't see how this is good news. When they announced the sequel I figured they were in good enough shape to fund the project, but I guess the original wasn't as successful as I thought.

Oh well. Can't be worse than giving money to Paradox.

Backed for the lowest tier that gives the game. I figure I'd buy it anyway when it comes out, so that's a decent discount, and if things go wrong, well, eh... water under the bridge and all that jazz.

No mind to think. No will to break. No voice to cry suffering.

• 2 weeks later...

Is this some kind of joke? O.o

Sent from my Stone Tablet, using Chisel-a-Talk 2000BC.

My youtube channel: MamoulianFH
Latest Let's Play Tales of Arise (completed)
Latest Bossfight Compilation Dark Souls Remastered - New Game (completed)

Let's Play/AAR Europa Universalis 1: Austria Grand Campaign (completed)
Let's Play/AAR Europa Universalis 2: Xhosa Grand Campaign (completed)
My PS Platinums and 100% - 29 games so far (my PSN profile)

1) God of War III - PS3 - 24+ hours

2) Final Fantasy XIII - PS3 - 130+ hours

3) White Knight Chronicles International Edition - PS3 - 525+ hours

4) Hyperdimension Neptunia - PS3 - 80+ hours

5) Final Fantasy XIII-2 - PS3 - 200+ hours

6) Tales of Xillia - PS3 - 135+ hours

7) Hyperdimension Neptunia mk2 - PS3 - 152+ hours

8.) Grand Turismo 6 - PS3 - 81+ hours (including Senna Master DLC)

9) Demon's Souls - PS3 - 197+ hours

10) Tales of Graces f - PS3 - 337+ hours

11) Star Ocean: The Last Hope International - PS3 - 750+ hours

12) Lightning Returns: Final Fantasy XIII - PS3 - 127+ hours

13) Soulcalibur V - PS3 - 73+ hours

14) Gran Turismo 5 - PS3 - 600+ hours

15) Tales of Xillia 2 - PS3 - 302+ hours

16) Mortal Kombat XL - PS4 - 95+ hours

17) Project CARS Game of the Year Edition - PS4 - 120+ hours

18) Dark Souls - PS3 - 197+ hours

19) Hyperdimension Neptunia Victory - PS3 - 238+ hours

20) Final Fantasy Type-0 - PS4 - 58+ hours

21) Journey - PS4 - 9+ hours

22) Dark Souls II - PS3 - 210+ hours

23) Fairy Fencer F - PS3 - 215+ hours

24) Megadimension Neptunia VII - PS4 - 160 hours

25) Super Neptunia RPG - PS4 - 44+ hours

26) Journey - PS3 - 22+ hours

27) Final Fantasy XV - PS4 - 263+ hours (including all DLCs)

28) Tales of Arise - PS4 - 111+ hours

29) Dark Souls: Remastered - PS4 - 121+ hours