Dragon Age: Inquisition

Rosbjerg

That's funny... I always side with the mages or as you call them 'normal Muslims'. I never got the memo I was supposed to slaughter innocent mages ... err.. muslims in the game.

DWARVES IN PROJECT ETERNITY = VOLOURN HAS PLEDGED $250.

That's funny... I always side with the mages or as you call them 'normal Muslims'. I never got the memo I was supposed to slaughter innocent mages ... err.. muslims in the game.

It doesn't matter who you sided with, it's not the issue, but the portryal. Circle mages are innocent actually in that game, no reason not to side them. But the hidden agenda behind the game is ugly. Few people who actually can catch the meaning of what they want to show. We all can escape by saying "it's just a game", but like i said, i only ask for explanation on why they did what they do.

It is a 180 degree turn from the original. I actually do detect such thing in DA:O, but i don't mind much because the core story isn't about it and DA:O is quite neutral. DA2 other way playing with your sentiment. We are adults, not kids, do they think we can't catch the meaning behind the story?

If David Gaider didn't blurt out about "militan Islamic borg", everything are just debates, but he did mention "militant Islamic borg" which mean he intentionally making the game is the mirror of the real world. And now they blatantly put in more real world issues in their game such as homosexual issue

When the cut scene show the TEMPLARS storming the gallows and slaying those HIJABIS women...what come out in your mind? It's a Crusade

I am not "defending islam" or what here, just isn't that inappropriate? We all know the real templars are Crusaders, and they did slaughtering everyone in crusade, why Bioware want to mimic this in their game?

Don't you guys see?

Edited by Qistina

Alright...my people also involved in Crusade, we fought Portuguese, Dutch and Spain. So don't say that i don't know anything about the Crusade, my ancestors defending this land from those Crusaders. So when i see that cutscene, I KNOW what it is all about....

Want me to tell what happened during that time? No...let us all just take it as history...dark history.

So i ask BioWare in my exact word "What do you guys really want to show here in this game?"

I got no answer...it is fine if they say something, anything, for me not making any assumptions, but they didn't, and they are really not a nice people.

Edited by Qistina

I've been puttering away at the game since I got back home, and I'll say for the most it has caught me up in it. There have been a few annoyances, the tactical camera just doesn't seem to click that well for me, so I don't tend to use it that much. I'm a little disappointed over the whole Skyhold customisation and return it to glory - I thought there would be a touch more to it then just 3 "rebuild" actions, and some generic change banners/décor/your bed...

Ran through the Winter Palace section yesterday, quite enjoyed that. It's nice to have an extensive area that focuses on the sneaky side of politics rather more than just hack n slash. Although the couple of areas of combat in it felt a little jarring to a degree (most notably you get encouraged to change from formal party wear to full armour and weapons). Although the combination of Halla Statues, Coins, and Blackmail collectables might be pushing things too far, and the Halla Doors are a touch awkward. Limited number of Halla Statues to unlock with, so you can't open all the doors and no real hints as to which ones are useful until you actually do open them and use up the Halla Statues.

Hm, one weird thing I noticed... I managed to get all the blackmail materials on the main three people and did the grand smackdown on all of them so I could get them all working together, but when I get back to Skyhold everyone is acting as if I supported Celene, and Gaspard and Briala have been ruined. Which seems a touch weird.

Party banter really does seem to require specific mix and matches.    Solas and Vivienne converse a chunk.  Iron Bull and Dorian get some flirty.  Cassandra and Varic talk up a storm (especially after Varric finds out she reads his books), Solas and Sera do a mix of fun poke at each other over elven nature,  I can't seem to recall Blackwall saying much banter-wise...

"Cuius testiculos habeas, habeas cardia et cerebellum."

Okay, thanks for explaining. It does seem like you have your  own reasons to dislike Bioware :)

Image of Islam being put to the bad side in the game, Qunari themselves the horn head devilish are the "militant" type of Muslim, the magic users who are likely to be possesed by demons are normal Muslims and should be slaghtered and lobotomized, these two what make Kirkwal that is USA turn up side down. A "Muslim" man who believe doing God work blow up the building, a "Muslim" leader who tired of the city decided to run amok and force everyone to convert because of his Qoran is stolen. The "Christians" Templars and fanatics are becoming reactionists for these "Muslims", so "Christians" fighting "Muslims". The Christians are bad too, they hate both types of Muslims. The conclusion is religion is bad, atheist is good.

That's the way i see it.

I just ask for...explanation. Why Bioware, why? That's all...

No offense, but I think you're reading into the characters/storylines something that isn't there, and are thus angry over something that you've yourself created that doesn't exist in the game.

• Like 2

"Console exclusive is such a harsh word." - Darque

"Console exclusive is two words Darque." - Nartwak (in response to Darque's observation)

No offense, but I think you're reading into the characters/storylines something that isn't there, and are thus angry over something that you've yourself created that doesn't exist in the game.

Your opinion is irrelevant, i just explaining why i hate Bioware

2) That's a wonderful strawman. Nobody is asking you to pick up poop.

Are you sure? You did tell me to get DAI.

No?

I asked you how you think you can possibly have such a vehement opinion about it if you have never played it.

But it's clear you just want to bash the game merely for existing, so good day to you, sir.

Edited by Bryy
  • Like 1

"Your opinion is irrelevant,"

\You have become what you hate. That's why BIO banned you. They believe your opinion is irrelevant. How does it feel to have soemthing in common with what you hate? :)

• Like 2

Your opinion is irrelevant, i just explaining why i hate Bioware

Isn't that a tad bit hypocritical of you?  You're doing what you accuse BioWare of doing (ie. anyone with a differing opinion is dismissed as irrelevant).  If you're incapable of being tolerant of other people's opinions, why do you expect more of BioWare?

• Like 3

"Console exclusive is two words Darque." - Nartwak (in response to Darque's observation)

Wow I would have never come up with such religious associations to the character factions like these...

It's easy to see things that aren't there if you've convinced yourself they are.

• Like 5

I just bought an Xbox controller because I cannot stand the controls anymore, also my protagonist racing around at camp and in the keep makes me not just dizzy, I also feel pretty stupid.

I gazed at the dead, and for one dark moment I saw a banquet. 

Wow I would have never come up with such religious associations to the character factions like these...

It's easy to see things that aren't there if you've convinced yourself they are.

Wall-E is liberal propaganda about pollution!

The Xbox controller is pretty awesome, I use it on pretty much every third person game I play.  Hopefully it will be a worthwhile investment for you.

Thanks. There will be a learning curve though, the last time I used a controller was when I played Gran Turismo 2 on the PS 1 when I was 13.   :unsure: I hope its like cycling....

My character scored with Cullen. Eh wow?

Buggy game even with the patch. Did Wicked Eyes part where you have to gain court approval. Had it at 51 before I talked to Florianne. I was gaining approval after approval with the dialog choices with her and when I was done talking, my court approval was at 4? WTF?

War is Peace, Freedom is Slavery, Ignorance is Strength

Baldur's Gate modding
TeamBG
Baldur's Gate modder/community leader
Baldur's Gate - Enhanced Edition beta tester
Baldur's Gate 2 - Enhanced Edition beta tester

Icewind Dale - Enhanced Edition beta tester

The Xbox controller is pretty awesome, I use it on pretty much every third person game I play.  Hopefully it will be a worthwhile investment for you.

Thanks. There will be a learning curve though, the last time I used a controller was when I played Gran Turismo 2 on the PS 1 when I was 13.   :unsure: I hope its like cycling....

You had a PS3, too, I thought. Remember, it died, and you were all, damn, my save games ... 

All Stop. On Screen.

You had a PS3, too, I thought. Remember, it died, and you were all, damn, my save games ... 

Yes, and the only game I played on it was Gran Turismo 6; with a Logitech Sim steering wheel + pedals + h-shifter. I haven't used the controller even once. 

Edited by Woldan

"Your opinion is irrelevant,"

\You have become what you hate. That's why BIO banned you. They believe your opinion is irrelevant. How does it feel to have soemthing in common with what you hate? :)

Isn't that a tad bit hypocritical of you?  You're doing what you accuse BioWare of doing (ie. anyone with a differing opinion is dismissed as irrelevant).  If you're incapable of being tolerant of other people's opinions, why do you expect more of BioWare?

Irrelevant in the context, i am just answering why i hate Bioware, i don't ask anyone opinion about what i am accuse BioWare off. If anyone give an opinion about it then it's irrelevant, it's because you guys are not BioWare and i am not asking you guys to answer on their behalf

Edited by Qistina

Buggy game even with the patch. Did Wicked Eyes part where you have to gain court approval. Had it at 51 before I talked to Florianne. I was gaining approval after approval with the dialog choices with her and when I was done talking, my court approval was at 4? WTF?

You both gain and lose a lot of approval in that scene. Dunno why.

So I went back and beat the game. I'm not sure if it's because I was overleveled or was playing what seems to be the most OP specialization, but the final boss was too easy.

Anyways, Pros and Cons.

+It's pretty

+Variety in areas

+Voice acting, music, and sounds

+Companions were generally well written and had reactive quests

+Main Quests were generally good

+/-Crafting

-Combat

-Difficulty(too easy after a while)

-No stats to distribute and lack of Abilities

-PC Controls

-Sera

-RNG loot/short list items

-Most side quests were not very good

Essentially, it's combat similar to DA2 with a save the world narrative with flavors of rise to power added in. The game doesn't revolutionize anything and does seem to have a bit of an identity crisis, but ultimately it's good for what it is. If you're looking for DAO2 or even a modern BG it would be wise to look elsewhere, but if you want a fantasy Mass Effect this will be right up your alley. At the current price and bugs/stability issues, I'd recommend you wait a bit before you pick it up, but it's worth playing at least once if you're into action RPGs.

• Like 1

"Akiva Goldsman and Alex Kurtzman run the 21st century version of MK ULTRA." - majestic

"you're a damned filthy lying robot and you deserve to die and burn in hell." - Bartimaeus

"Without individual thinking you can't notice the plot holes." - InsaneCommander

"Just feed off the suffering of gamers." - Malcador

"You are calling my taste crap." -Hurlshort

"thankfully it seems like the creators like Hungary less this time around." - Sarex

"Don't forget the wakame, dumbass" -Keyrock

"Are you trolling or just being inadvertently nonsensical?' -Pidesco

"we have already been forced to admit you are at least human" - uuuhhii

"I refuse to buy from non-woke businesses" - HoonDing

"feral camels are now considered a pest" - Gorth

"Melkathi is known to be an overly critical grumpy person" - Melkathi

"Oddly enough Sanderson was a lot more direct despite being a Mormon" - Zoraptor

"I found it greatly disturbing to scroll through my cartoon's halfing selection of genitalias." - Wormerine

"Am I phrasing in the most negative light for them? Yes, but it's not untrue." - ShadySands

I'm still trying to figure out how to end the quest at 100 approval.  I can get my approval back up to 100, but I seem to lose 2 or 3 approval by the time the last "boss fight" takes place.

"but if you want a fantasy Mass Effect this will be right up your alley."

Huh? Considering they're made from the same company, those two games are not alike. Plus, ME is way better.