Music - must - go on!

Rosbjerg

Saw Billy Joel this last week, and for the first time since the Stormfront tour. At 65 he still puts on an absolutely amazing show. Was one of the best concerts I'd seen in a very long time. Pretty sure I'm going to be swinging down the MSG to catch another one of his shows later this year. Might even see if I can get my ass out to Bonaroo this year, where he's headlining.

Here's two of my faves:

Edited by Valsuelm

I feel really down, need to listen to uplifting tunes. 

Same, last night was super down time for unknown reasons. Giant mistakes come back to haunt at the worst times. 

Heh, one thing I never fail to find is reasons for feeling down, I have a list to choose from that has a lot in common with a laser beam in vacuum:  a beginning, no end and looking at it burns your eyes.   ;) Anyway, get better! 

Edited by Woldan
  • Like 1

I gazed at the dead, and for one dark moment I saw a banquet. 

Hey, hey guys. You all know The Final Countdown, right? You know, that massive 80s glam hit with the silly synths? Well, of course you do.

Now then, how many of you have completely written Europe off as a joke band, a worthless relic of a bygone era, because of that one stupid overplayed-to-death song?

Well, if you have, then let me re-educate you:

Europe made a comeback in 2004 and have released five albums since. But not to try and rehash their old glory days, ohhh no. They pretty much rebooted their sound. They started off with some pretty modern sounding hard rock (and very good at that), and have gradually heaped on some more bluesy sounds, 1970s influences and general oldtimey groove as they've gone on.

This all culminates on their latest release, titled War of Kings. The band has turned the retro dials all up to eleven, the album is just pure 1970s hard rock bliss. And more importantly, it is a staggeringly, astoundingly good album. I'm talking "right up there with Deep Purple and early Rainbow" good. Yes, really.

If you like any kind of heavy rock music at all, especially of the oldtimey variety, you owe it to yourself to forget everything you know about 1980s Europe and give this album a spin.

Edited by Palantyre

~And the Lord said unto John: Come forth, and receive eternal life! But alas, John came fifth and won a toaster instead.~

You only have to post the YouTube link now. Also, don't use https.

Edited by Bartimaeus

How I have existed fills me with horror. For I have failed in everything - spelling, arithmetic, riding, tennis, golf; dancing, singing, acting; wife, mistress, whore, friend. Even cooking. And I do not excuse myself with the usual escape of 'not trying'. I tried with all my heart.

In my dreams, I am not crippled. In my dreams, I dance.

https://youtu.be/aLnZ1NQm2uk

Hm, Okay, how have the tags changed? It used to be putting [me dia] [/me dia] around a video would show it.. now I just get links?

You gotta make sure you have 'www.youtube.com/watch......' link for the video to show. the 'youtu.be' links will just show up as regular links as yours does.

Basically, don't use the link that appears when you click on the 'share' button, use the page url as it appears in your browser.

Here's your video:

Edited by Valsuelm
  • Like 1

Basically, don't use the link that appears when you click on the 'share' button, use the page url as it appears in your browser.

That's incorrect. It's the httpthat it's taking offense to as I said earlier, not the shortened link. :)

e.g.

(edit) Oh, cool, I just noticed this is Postmodern Jukebox, too. :p

Edited by Bartimaeus

How I have existed fills me with horror. For I have failed in everything - spelling, arithmetic, riding, tennis, golf; dancing, singing, acting; wife, mistress, whore, friend. Even cooking. And I do not excuse myself with the usual escape of 'not trying'. I tried with all my heart.

In my dreams, I am not crippled. In my dreams, I dance.

I have completely forgotten about this MANLY song, and 'lo and behold my smile as it appeared on my playlist.

SPLIT YOUR LONG WITH BLOOD AND THUNDER

WHEN YOU SEE THE WHITE WHALE

BREAK YOUR BACKS AND CRACK YOUR OARS MEN

IF YOU WISH TO PREVAIL

THIS IVORY LEG IS WHAT PROPELS ME

HARPOONS THRUST INTO THE SKY

AIM DIRECTLY FOR HIS CROOKED BROW

AND LOOK HIM STRAIGHT IN THE EYE

WHITE WHALE - HOLY GRAIL

Thankfully PoE is out tomorrow, my sudden bloodlust needs to be satisfied with some killing of....computer generated characters.

Edited by Meshugger
  • Like 1

"Some men see things as they are and say why?"
"I dream things that never were and say why not?"
- George Bernard Shaw

"Hope in reality is the worst of all evils because it prolongs the torments of man."
- Friedrich Nietzsche

"The amount of energy necessary to refute bull**** is an order of magnitude bigger than to produce it."

- Some guy 

speaking o' covers...

v.

y'know, for Gromnir, the crickets just ain't selling it.  one wonders what fighting sonny curtis were contemplating. jaywalking perhaps? 

HA! Good Fun!

• Like 2

"If there be time to expose through discussion the falsehood and fallacies, to avert the evil by the processes of education, the remedy to be applied is more speech, not enforced silence."Justice Louis Brandeis, Concurring, Whitney v. California, 274 U.S. 357 (1927)

"Im indifferent to almost any murder as long as it doesn't affect me or mine."--Gfted1 (September 30, 2019)

Hey, hey guys. You all know The Final Countdown, right? You know, that massive 80s glam hit with the silly synths? Well, of course you do.

The best movie! Featuring Original Badass Kirk Douglas.

sacrilege!  oh, sure, who can't love a time-traveling aircraft carrier with kirk douglas in command, but original bad ass kirk douglas is either spartacus from spartacus, einar from the vikings, or jonathan shields from the bad and the beautiful, if only 'cause bad is in the title, and he weren't that pretty even when he were young.

HA! Good Fun! 

ps am thinking guys like cagney and bogart  and edward g. robinson might get some votes for earlier movie bad assery.

Edited by Gromnir
  • Like 2

"If there be time to expose through discussion the falsehood and fallacies, to avert the evil by the processes of education, the remedy to be applied is more speech, not enforced silence."Justice Louis Brandeis, Concurring, Whitney v. California, 274 U.S. 357 (1927)

"Im indifferent to almost any murder as long as it doesn't affect me or mine."--Gfted1 (September 30, 2019)