What you did today

Rosbjerg

I got a temporary ban in Steam forums today.  Someone asked if a discounted game would get cheaper in the future.  I replied, "Of course it will get cheaper as time passes. Games always get cheaper and more worthless when they become old.  Just like women."   Apparently some bitches got offended over my comments and reported me.  Didn't realize there were actually women on Steam, (What? Women actually play games on Steam?!?)

Edited by ktchong

I got a temporary ban in Steam forums today.  Someone asked if a discounted game would get cheaper in the future.  I replied, "Of course it will get cheaper as time passes. Games always get cheaper and more worthless when they become old.  Just like women."   Apparently some bitches got offended over my comments and reported me.  Didn't realize there were actually women on Steam, (What? Women actually play games on Steam?!?)

Well that statement can easily be seen as dismissive and rude to women

I find that comment offensive and I'm glad you were reported, you won't be so rude next time  

"Abashed the devil stood and felt how awful goodness is and saw Virtue in her shape how lovely: and pined his loss”

John Milton 

"We don't stop playing because we grow old; we grow old because we stop playing.” -  George Bernard Shaw

"What counts in life is not the mere fact that we have lived. It is what difference we have made to the lives of others that will determine the significance of the life we lead" - Nelson Mandela

Just found out I was not banned.  Just a warning.   Thought it was a temp ban.  Not gonna stop me from telling the TRUTH.

What truth, your sexist generalization that as women get older they become worthless?

You expect people to think that is the truth?

"Abashed the devil stood and felt how awful goodness is and saw Virtue in her shape how lovely: and pined his loss”

John Milton 

"We don't stop playing because we grow old; we grow old because we stop playing.” -  George Bernard Shaw

"What counts in life is not the mere fact that we have lived. It is what difference we have made to the lives of others that will determine the significance of the life we lead" - Nelson Mandela

Just found out I was not banned.  Just a warning.   Thought it was a temp ban.  Not gonna stop me from telling the TRUTH.

am not certain we would describe your comments as "truth," but even so, we would be disappointed if you were banned for your comments, which were, at worst, tasteless. 

you got a warning. is now up to you to decide how to respond. steam's board is steam's board, so they can pretty much ban you for any reason, no matter how ridiculous or inequitable. wanna see how far you can push'em before they make good on the threat? 

*shrug*

is only a message board. 

HA! Good Fun!

"If there be time to expose through discussion the falsehood and fallacies, to avert the evil by the processes of education, the remedy to be applied is more speech, not enforced silence."Justice Louis Brandeis, Concurring, Whitney v. California, 274 U.S. 357 (1927)

"Im indifferent to almost any murder as long as it doesn't affect me or mine."--Gfted1 (September 30, 2019)

I hope you become old. And a woman.

"It wasn't lies. It was just... bull****"."

-Elwood Blues

tarna's dead; processing... complete. Disappointed by Universe. RIP Hades/Sand/etc. Here's hoping your next alt has a harp.

You know what Xmas generally means to me? It means I spend the whole month going "I can't believe it's Xmas time/another year again."

It's not a negative thing, it's just an eternally taken by surprise thing.

“Things are as they are. Looking out into the universe at night, we make no comparisons between right and wrong stars, nor between well and badly arranged constellations.” – Alan Watts

Congrats Calax!

Got a sweet high four figure bonus Friday night. Its supposed to be a surprise for Monday when the boss ceremoniously hands us our last check of the year but I cheated and saw it in my bank account, already deposited by ADP (direct deposit). w00t w00t

One more work day and then off until 5 Jan!

That shouldn't surprise you, I report you regularly.  Most of your posts are drivel and a few have been terribly inappropriate for a corporate-run forum.  Thanks for sharing.  :)

• Like 5

That shouldn't surprise you, I report you regularly.  Most of your posts are drivel and a few have been terribly inappropriate for a corporate-run forum.  Thanks for sharing.   :)

LOL

"It wasn't lies. It was just... bull****"."

-Elwood Blues

tarna's dead; processing... complete. Disappointed by Universe. RIP Hades/Sand/etc. Here's hoping your next alt has a harp.

we shot a man in reno just to watch him die.

You'd be posting from Folsom Prison if you did!

Thanks Gromnir,I'll have that song stuck in my head all day now because of you!  :bat:

"While it is true you learn with age, the down side is what you often learn is what a damn fool you were before"

Thomas Sowell

Thanks Gromnir,I'll have that song stuck in my head all day now because of you!  :bat:

That also worried me initially but then Gromnir says later he didn't really shoot a man

John Milton 

That shouldn't surprise you, I report you regularly.  Most of your posts are drivel and a few have been terribly inappropriate for a corporate-run forum.  Thanks for sharing.   :)

Bah, everyone should have a warning or two even I've had one.

"While it is true you learn with age, the down side is what you often learn is what a damn fool you were before"

Thomas Sowell

That also worried me initially but then Gromnir says later he didn't really shoot a man

:lol:  You're probably too young to get the reference Bruce. That's from an old Johnny Cash song. That Gromnir quoted it and I laughed at it just shows our age!

• Like 1

Thomas Sowell

I got it and I'm 26. Anyone who doesn't get it is probably lacking a few cornerstones of musical education.

No doubt, I have no musical education at all. I know that  :geek:

John Milton 

Watched Arsenal play like crap today, another season of disappointment and boredom I guess. At least the away jerseys look nice.

• Like 1

Why has elegance found so little following? Elegance has the disadvantage that hard work is needed to achieve it and a good education to appreciate it. - Edsger Wybe Dijkstra

A certain constructive chaos is inevitable during the process of creation, and trying to prevent is not just a waste of time its also is ultimately a futile endeavor as the chaos will revive itself almost immediately after its removal. 

It's true, Wold, a contest between unseen forces is inevitable, and, as it turns out, integral. My personal style is not to prevent or remove chaos, but manipulate and transform it with my hands beyond the ability to revive--at least for a time. People do laud the perception of cleanliness, as the most efficient means to an end, but especially because my workplace occupies the same space where they rest, eat, sleep: they see how I begin anything, and become confident in how I'll do everything. Since everywhere I go is different--alternate realities with varying levels of chaos--the simplest way to achieve next-level appreciation is to make it part of the process. That includes cleanliness, but as a foundation, or a stage, to more easily catch, trap, and transform bits of splintered chaos to my will.     

All Stop. On Screen.

we would expect thanks for getting a johnny cash stuck in your head. this time o' year, we almost always had, "i wanna be a toys r us kid" playing in our noggin 24/7.

don't see many toys r us commercials no more... which is odd as we still see their stores, so is not as if the internet put them outta business.

heck, Gromnir didn't even have tv til the mid 80s, so we can't explain how the toys r us jingle managed to worm its way into our brain.

HA! Good Fun!

"If there be time to expose through discussion the falsehood and fallacies, to avert the evil by the processes of education, the remedy to be applied is more speech, not enforced silence."Justice Louis Brandeis, Concurring, Whitney v. California, 274 U.S. 357 (1927)

"Im indifferent to almost any murder as long as it doesn't affect me or mine."--Gfted1 (September 30, 2019)

ah, that explains it. old dinosaurs such as Gromnir only had 3-5 television channels and none were particularly specialized.  nowadays we watch news/financial channels, espn, and a handful o' shows that is unlikely to have a kid's audience.

HA! Good Fun!