What you did today

Rosbjerg

Funny, got pretty much the same hair cut. My sides are getting very "fluffy" fast, which looks crappy and annoys the hell out of me... so I let 'em getting cut that short at least every 3 weeks.

Had super long hair just a few years back, but I started to get bald (yay...), so everything had to go. All in all, I think my head looks a lot better with short hair, but the balding still doesn't help it really. :>

Yeah I hate it when my sides grow too long which happens in only a couple of weeks, thats why I used to sport and undercut for a while, I simply completely shaved the sides and annoying areas on my scalp every three days. No fluffiness whatsoever! I already miss that hairstyle.

Also I'm pretty scared about balding, every single hair that leaves my scalp gets its own funeral ceremony, followed by a massive panic attack.  crying.gif 

I suffer from severe hair loss paranoia / hypochondria because I had a completely shaven head in my military service time.....and I hated it.

Edited by Woldan

I gazed at the dead, and for one dark moment I saw a banquet. 

I booked my Vegas vacation for February.  Technically I booked it for the 4th time, but I think this one will stick.  The first time I booked it at a relatively cheap hotel called The Linq, that had recently been remodeled.  I checked the rates a few weeks later and saw that some of the nicer hotels were at a good price, so I booked a boutique hotel called The Cromwell.  They have a great rooftop pool and a bunch of hot tubs.  Then I found out the pool and hot tubs were closed in February (Vegas is 70 degrees in the winter, not exactly cold!)  So I got a room at Caesar's Palace for $110 a night.  I checked two days later on the rates, and found the rates had dropped another $30 at Caesar's, so I re-booked and I have a feeling this one will stick.  $80 a night is fantastic.

I booked dinner at Nobu and a couple other nice places, so it should be a very good trip.

Sounds awesome!

I love Nobu but my wife liked Sushi Roku (also at Caesar's) better. Either way I'm jealous

You gotta love Vegas. Are you brining the kids or is just a getaway for you and your wife?

Kids don't belong in Vegas :p

It is definitely our adult time away from the kids.  We are trying to work in two trips a year.  The nice thing is Vegas is pretty affordable when you go mid-week, and that is easy with our schedules.  

When I was in my twenties, I went to Vegas twice and thought it was pretty terrible.  Now, for some reason I love the place.  I think it helps that I can afford the nice restaurants, the decent clothes, a nice day-spa, and I have someone to enjoy it with.  :)

I barely even gamble when I'm there.

• Like 1

Who needs a scope?

Simo_hayha_honorary_rifle.jpg

This man agrees.

• Like 3
“Political philosophers have often pointed out that in wartime, the citizen, the male citizen at least, loses one of his most basic rights, his right to life; and this has been true ever since the French Revolution and the invention of conscription, now an almost universally accepted principle. But these same philosophers have rarely noted that the citizen in question simultaneously loses another right, one just as basic and perhaps even more vital for his conception of himself as a civilized human being: the right not to kill.”

-Jonathan Littell <<Les Bienveillantes>>

"The chancellor, the late chancellor, was only partly correct. He was obsolete. But so is the State, the entity he worshipped. Any state, entity, or ideology becomes obsolete when it stockpiles the wrong weapons: when it captures territories, but not minds; when it enslaves millions, but convinces nobody. When it is naked, yet puts on armor and calls it faith, while in the Eyes of God it has no faith at all. Any state, any entity, any ideology that fails to recognize the worth, the dignity, the rights of Man...that state is obsolete."

-Rod Serling

Fending off stress this week because I have to do another 9 pages on this thesis THING by the end of the week... And then I graduate on Saturday.

Yes... I'm finally finishing college at 28 on this saturday, and I have no idea where to go for a job afterwords.

• Like 1

Victor of the 5 year fan fic competition!

Kevin Butler will awesome your face off.

Gratulations Calax! :)

Funny, got pretty much the same hair cut. My sides are getting very "fluffy" fast, which looks crappy and annoys the hell out of me... so I let 'em getting cut that short at least every 3 weeks.

Had super long hair just a few years back, but I started to get bald (yay...), so everything had to go. All in all, I think my head looks a lot better with short hair, but the balding still doesn't help it really. :>

Yeah I hate it when my sides grow too long which happens in only a couple of weeks, thats why I used to sport and undercut for a while, I simply completely shaved the sides and annoying areas on my scalp every three days. No fluffiness whatsoever! I already miss that hairstyle.

Also I'm pretty scared about balding, every single hair that leaves my scalp gets its own funeral ceremony, followed by a massive panic attack.  crying.gif 
I suffer from severe hair loss paranoia / hypochondria because I had a completely shaven head in my military service time.....and I hated it.

Pfft, real men have long hair, even if they start to go bald! :)

I will admit though that I have a bit of hair loss paranoia aswell, I have alot of bumps on my head and I really look like **** without hair. I do miss easy maintenance though :p

Civilization, in fact, grows more and more maudlin and hysterical; especially under democracy it tends to degenerate into a mere combat of crazes; the whole aim of practical politics is to keep the populace alarmed (and hence clamorous to be led to safety) by menacing it with an endless series of hobgoblins, most of them imaginary. - H.L. Mencken

Nah, I started to look like some kind of old hippy from the late 70s. For a while that might have been my style, but not anymore. :>

• Like 1

"only when you no-life you can exist forever, because what does not live cannot die."

Well this is looking like a fun Christmas time in general.

On the up side, I met a lady I've been online friends with for years, some flirty stuff, and now we seem to be forming into a long-distance relationship. And all her adore me, and I find myself actually missing them. 

On the downside, now it's a Christmas spent on opposite sides of the Atlantic, she's just had brain surgery and is recovering, and the kids have come down with flu.

Also, funny thing came up that my mother was meant to have knee surgery on the same day as the brain surgery.. but she's come down with some infection and been taken into hospital as the doctors try to figure out what it is, and why there's fluids forming in her lungs.  Now they've put in a central line and are talking a two week course of meds while they try and figure things out... so she's likely to be in over Christmas.  Which, with myself and my mother the only people in the family who care about Christmas trees and decorations (my father being a touch on the Grinch side in regards to it all), I'm not having the oomph to put anything up. Since it's always been a thing that I put them up while she's in the room and we talk about it and the season and family stuff. Doing it on my own just seems kind of wrong.

Now, because I'm the primary carer for my mother, one of my regular (but small) sources of income comes from the government (since I spend in excess of 40 hours a week providing care)... but now I'm being questioned over it because for the second time in a little over 10 years I took a holiday. It just happened to be one that lasted 35 days. Apparently they get iffy if they think you're committing fraud by being outside of the country for that long a time. So that's fun to deal with bureaucracy over. I'm feeling the Christmas spirit.

• Like 1

"Cuius testiculos habeas, habeas cardia et cerebellum."

Going to register for classes next week, looks like I should graduate in Winter 2016 if I don't **** up. I'll be 24.

As an aside, I got a raise and have been promoted into a position with hours flexible enough to allow me to take 9-12 hours a semester. Going to celebrate by going out with my girlfriend and throwing a party.

"Akiva Goldsman and Alex Kurtzman run the 21st century version of MK ULTRA." - majestic

"I'm gonna hunt you down so that I can slap you square in the mouth." - Bartimaeus

"Without individual thinking you can't notice the plot holes." - InsaneCommander

"Just feed off the suffering of gamers." - Malcador

"You are calling my taste crap." -Hurlshort

"thankfully it seems like the creators like Hungary less this time around." - Sarex

"Don't forget the wakame, dumbass" -Keyrock

"Are you trolling or just being inadvertently nonsensical?' -Pidesco

"we have already been forced to admit you are at least human" - uuuhhii

"I refuse to buy from non-woke businesses" - HoonDing

"feral camels are now considered a pest" - Gorth

"Melkathi is known to be an overly critical grumpy person" - Melkathi

"Oddly enough Sanderson was a lot more direct despite being a Mormon" - Zoraptor

"I found it greatly disturbing to scroll through my cartoon's halfing selection of genitalias." - Wormerine

"Am I phrasing in the most negative light for them? Yes, but it's not untrue." - ShadySands

Set a new personal dead lift record. Must be doing something right, I can increase the weight by 5kg every two weeks and there seems to be no end. Its pretty cool to feel the barbell bend when picking it up, and that with no wrist straps, lifting belts or other help of any kind.

Also I played 4 matches of Magic the gathering against my friends and won three out of 4 matches. Had a great day.  yes.gif

Who needs a scope?

This man agrees.

He was also a beast with the submachine gun! Edited by Woldan

Up betimes and simply couldn't be bothered to go into work.

I am drinking hot chocolate and watching House until either my morale improves or I get a medal. Or both.

EDIT: Or I recall how terrifying my boss is. I'm glad I told you guys this or I might not have remembered until it was too late.

For the record, he's terrifying, but he won't care. It's more the principle of the thing.

Edited by Walsingham

"It wasn't lies. It was just... bull****"."

-Elwood Blues

tarna's dead; processing... complete. Disappointed by Universe. RIP Hades/Sand/etc. Here's hoping your next alt has a harp.

Packed and ready for my trip, see you guys in a month or so - merry Christmas, Happy Holidays and New Year all around - don't do anything I wouldn't do.. Which of course pretty much leaves everything open ;)

• Like 6

Fortune favors the bald.

I think I hate airports even more than flying. No investment made this time, but eventually. Which means more trips and icky airports in the future, probably for a while. Lucky me.

Ordered some jerky before I left, am hoping it shows up this afternoon because I'm really jonesing for some jerky. Today I'm going to catch up on gaming, because it's what I do when I'm not pretending to be an productive adult.

“Things are as they are. Looking out into the universe at night, we make no comparisons between right and wrong stars, nor between well and badly arranged constellations.” – Alan Watts

Today I drank a lot of coffee, revised a DAS design plan, played with my pups, took a nap and now I'm gonna make dinner before Mrs. Guard Dog gets home. It was a pretty good day.

"While it is true you learn with age, the down side is what you often learn is what a damn fool you were before"

Thomas Sowell

Surfing the internet while re-watching Guardians of the Galaxy, in a probably futile effort to not fall asleep. All dark and rainy.

Hey this cheap laptop has a webcam/camera built in. I wonder if I can aim it at the cat. ... er.. talking to myself again.

“Things are as they are. Looking out into the universe at night, we make no comparisons between right and wrong stars, nor between well and badly arranged constellations.” – Alan Watts

Having trouble sleeping again, just right out of the blue. Whenever I'm falling asleep something startles me and I wake up again, last night this happened 4 times in a row. And I feel sick and lightheaded afterwards, like I'm falling.  

Its like what happened to the protagonist in ''The machinist''. Haven't slept much in the past 72 hours, no matter how tired I am, I cannot fall asleep, only doze. 

Don't know what my body is trying to tell me this time. Annoying prick. 

Edited by Woldan

Speakers finally arrived today. Something called Kanto YU2 - don't ask me! They were on sale much cheaper than they normally are, so I decided I'd give it a try.  First time I've ever had speakers, and I'm liking them so far.

How I have existed fills me with horror. For I have failed in everything - spelling, arithmetic, riding, tennis, golf; dancing, singing, acting; wife, mistress, whore, friend. Even cooking. And I do not excuse myself with the usual escape of 'not trying'. I tried with all my heart.

In my dreams, I am not crippled. In my dreams, I dance.

Its a public holiday today in South Africa, Day of Reconciliation

We are going for awesome spare ribs for lunch...and trust me they are utterly delicious :dancing:

• Like 1

"Abashed the devil stood and felt how awful goodness is and saw Virtue in her shape how lovely: and pined his loss”

John Milton 

"We don't stop playing because we grow old; we grow old because we stop playing.” -  George Bernard Shaw

"What counts in life is not the mere fact that we have lived. It is what difference we have made to the lives of others that will determine the significance of the life we lead" - Nelson Mandela

Just went to to a fitness shop to buy weights.....until the shop owner told me that 1 20kg plate costs 55 bucks. And I need 12 + a new bar. So a new 240kg barbell would set me back +- 700 bucks.   :wowey:  :wowey:

And I'm not even talking about super high quality stuff. Fitness gear has become so expensive its insane, when I started with lifting all the stuff cost about half as much. 

But its still cheaper than a gym in the long run.- 

Edited by Woldan

Fitness gear has become so expensive its insane, when I started with lifting all the stuff cost about half as much.

Totally unrelated (my specialty), but that's how I feel about pet stuff. $49 for what's essentially a piece of thick polyester fake-sheepie blanket. $17 for a tiny bag of dry cat food (that's at least a bit higher quality than CatChow/Friskies). $15-$20 for medium sized bags clumping cat litter I buy. Pshaw.

We are going for awesome spare ribs for lunch...and trust me they are utterly delicious

Oooooo, that sounds delish! We have a couple rib places here, one beef ribs, one pork ribs, but they're always sold out of them when I actually want dinner, and we rarely "do" lunch. Sigh. I shall just have to make do with my jerky instead. Just finished cutting it all up into smaller pieces...(3 flavors).

readytoeat1.jpg

• Like 1