What you did today

Rosbjerg

Got my hair cut. I have to admit, 4 millimeters sides and back is kind of cold in the current weather conditions, but its so practical. And I'm a hothead anyway. 

So... Austrian jarhead?

"It wasn't lies. It was just... bull****"."

-Elwood Blues

tarna's dead; processing... complete. Disappointed by Universe. RIP Hades/Sand/etc. Here's hoping your next alt has a harp.

Got my hair cut. I have to admit, 4 millimeters sides and back is kind of cold in the current weather conditions, but its so practical. And I'm a hothead anyway. 

So... Austrian jarhead?

Nah, my top hair is still 3cm long, imagine an undercut but with a fade. 

I gazed at the dead, and for one dark moment I saw a banquet. 

If you put some sculpting gel on top, would it look anything like Puck from Glee? ;)

I still think one day I'm going to just start shaving my head, and damn how it looks. And believe me, I probably would not be the most attractive bald woman.

“Things are as they are. Looking out into the universe at night, we make no comparisons between right and wrong stars, nor between well and badly arranged constellations.” – Alan Watts

Now I'm intensely curious why you circled out your face. :lol:

The hair looks fine/nice, tho.

“Things are as they are. Looking out into the universe at night, we make no comparisons between right and wrong stars, nor between well and badly arranged constellations.” – Alan Watts

Now I'm intensely curious why you circled out your face. :lol:

The hair looks fine/nice, tho.

Because I'm a wanted serial killer.

Nah, I've already posted pics of me, I don't want to come off as a narcissist so this is just to show the hair and nothing else. Also the current selfie-madness annoys me to no end. Simple as that. 

And thanks. 

Edited by Woldan

Also the current selfie-madness annoys me.

It has gotten a bit annoying, that. And I say that as someone who's posted plenty of self-pics at times. I find it amusing that social media had to coin such a cutsie phrase for self-portrait, too.
  • Like 1

I find it amusing that social media had to coin such a cutsie phrase for self-portrait, too.

Yeah, and that didn't help at all, it made it even more annoying. But its still not as bad as that ''planking'' insanity that, fortunately, seems to be decaying. I wonder what has caused more accidental deaths, selfies or planking?

Anyhow, if anyone wants to see a selfie of me, first site of the old ''Show off your photos'' thread. Nuff of that.

Edited by Woldan

Christmas party saw a guy get drunk while the rest of his table were egging him on to do stupid stuff, rather disappointing. Went over there and tried to dissuade them from doing that with little success until I called them a bunch of **** and left afterward. Was a decent party, Italian restaurant run by Russians, heh, but the waitress was pleasant as well

Why has elegance found so little following? Elegance has the disadvantage that hard work is needed to achieve it and a good education to appreciate it. - Edsger Wybe Dijkstra

Had my first meal of soylent and I know you care because I got a bunch of likes on the post where I mentioned I got it. Not completely terrible. Modest taste of wet peanuts.

I had intended to go for a two week all soylent challenge, but I've got too much stuff in the cupboard to use up. So I'm going to be doing lunch and breakfast only, stretching it out to 4 weeks.

"Show me a man who "plays fair" and I'll show you a very talented cheater."

I have to travel this weekend. I hate flying but driving takes too long for this sort of trip (investment related stuff). Blargh. 

Had my first meal of soylent

Is that that drinkable food stuff? I saw a guy in a YT vid a while back, experimenting with it. Not sure I could live on that sort of thing. Not the same nutrition wise, but I've done the nutrition shakes and the lemon-cleanse fast thing in the past. You can live on them a while, but I decided I like solid food.

That's exactly what it is. I enjoy cooking, but I don't have time for it in the morning and lunch. Which ends up with me skipping breakfast and doing fast food for lunch.

The other benefit I forsee is that when I'm in the groove for writing, I don't need to stop and cook, I can just pour a cup.

"Show me a man who "plays fair" and I'll show you a very talented cheater."

You could always drink Ensure. :p Although as pricey as that sort of stuff tends to be, it's probably not much cheaper, haha.

But I know what you mean. Eating is inconvenient at times.

I'd take a meal in a can over some of the more conventional fast food I've eaten.

• Like 2

"It wasn't lies. It was just... bull****"."

-Elwood Blues

tarna's dead; processing... complete. Disappointed by Universe. RIP Hades/Sand/etc. Here's hoping your next alt has a harp.

But I know what you mean. Eating is inconvenient at times.

I swear, if I weren't an exercise nut I'd have died from malnutrition years ago. I've always hated eating with a fiery passion because its an inconvenient chore and it gives me no joy whatsoever. And as if that wasn't enough eating makes me tired too! Edited by Woldan

I'd take a meal in a can over some of the more conventional fast food I've eaten.

So would my cat. When your cat won't eat the mystery meat, you toss it out.

Mr. Black: Official Food Taster

• Like 1

This discussion reminde me of a story told by Viktor Belenko, the famous Soviet defector who flew his stolen MiG-25 to Japan (that was eventually returned to the Soviet Union, in 30 crates). He would try all the goods to offer in an American supermarket, happening on this one canned good that was simply labeled "Dinner". He tried it with potatoes, onions, and garlic and found it very delicious.

The next day, he had some friends over to his house, who spied the can in his garbage can and remarked: "Viktor, I didn't know you had a cat."

• Like 2
“Political philosophers have often pointed out that in wartime, the citizen, the male citizen at least, loses one of his most basic rights, his right to life; and this has been true ever since the French Revolution and the invention of conscription, now an almost universally accepted principle. But these same philosophers have rarely noted that the citizen in question simultaneously loses another right, one just as basic and perhaps even more vital for his conception of himself as a civilized human being: the right not to kill.”

-Jonathan Littell <<Les Bienveillantes>>

"The chancellor, the late chancellor, was only partly correct. He was obsolete. But so is the State, the entity he worshipped. Any state, entity, or ideology becomes obsolete when it stockpiles the wrong weapons: when it captures territories, but not minds; when it enslaves millions, but convinces nobody. When it is naked, yet puts on armor and calls it faith, while in the Eyes of God it has no faith at all. Any state, any entity, any ideology that fails to recognize the worth, the dignity, the rights of Man...that state is obsolete."

-Rod Serling

Had tons of fun at the range, shot almost 100 rounds of hand loaded rifle ammunition and hit really well too. Had a nice chat with friends too.  It was a blast.

Shot this target at 100 meters, with a Swiss Gewehr 1911 7.5x55 from 1915, with iron sights and my own hand loaded ammo. Who needs a scope?

Old rifles rock, they knew how to build rock solid rifles back than.

G11zeil_zpsc4cdbd62.jpg

And a friend managed to capture the muzzle flash while filming me, even though it was a bright sunny day. 

muzzleblast_zpsf834b5bb.jpg

Edited by Woldan
  • Like 2

Nice rifle Woldan :)

Was supposed to go to a friends party today, but I did'nt get any sleep so I had no energy for that, wich was sad but not as sad as that I don't have enough energy to watch the Geminids shower and that the camera I was supposed to borrow was fecking broken so I can't set up any timelapse photos. First time in years that I have clear weather and time.

But I did manage to see a few meteors atleast during the 15 minutes I stood and watched with a nice pint of tea in my hands. :)

Civilization, in fact, grows more and more maudlin and hysterical; especially under democracy it tends to degenerate into a mere combat of crazes; the whole aim of practical politics is to keep the populace alarmed (and hence clamorous to be led to safety) by menacing it with an endless series of hobgoblins, most of them imaginary. - H.L. Mencken

Watching the Army-Navy game. My grandfather played in this game in the 1930's. He was a West Point man. Despite everything he did in his life from serving in the war, raising a family and have an all around good life his favorite story to tell was a win over Navy he played in and the size of the steak he has that night.

Too bad for him I was in the Marine Corps so I say:

GO NAVY BEAT ARMY

• Like 5

"While it is true you learn with age, the down side is what you often learn is what a damn fool you were before"

Thomas Sowell

I booked my Vegas vacation for February.  Technically I booked it for the 4th time, but I think this one will stick.  The first time I booked it at a relatively cheap hotel called The Linq, that had recently been remodeled.  I checked the rates a few weeks later and saw that some of the nicer hotels were at a good price, so I booked a boutique hotel called The Cromwell.  They have a great rooftop pool and a bunch of hot tubs.  Then I found out the pool and hot tubs were closed in February (Vegas is 70 degrees in the winter, not exactly cold!)  So I got a room at Caesar's Palace for $110 a night.  I checked two days later on the rates, and found the rates had dropped another $30 at Caesar's, so I re-booked and I have a feeling this one will stick.  $80 a night is fantastic.

I booked dinner at Nobu and a couple other nice places, so it should be a very good trip.

• Like 3

I booked my Vegas vacation for February.  Technically I booked it for the 4th time, but I think this one will stick.  The first time I booked it at a relatively cheap hotel called The Linq, that had recently been remodeled.  I checked the rates a few weeks later and saw that some of the nicer hotels were at a good price, so I booked a boutique hotel called The Cromwell.  They have a great rooftop pool and a bunch of hot tubs.  Then I found out the pool and hot tubs were closed in February (Vegas is 70 degrees in the winter, not exactly cold!)  So I got a room at Caesar's Palace for $110 a night.  I checked two days later on the rates, and found the rates had dropped another $30 at Caesar's, so I re-booked and I have a feeling this one will stick.  $80 a night is fantastic.

I booked dinner at Nobu and a couple other nice places, so it should be a very good trip.

Sounds awesome!

I love Nobu but my wife liked Sushi Roku (also at Caesar's) better. Either way I'm jealous

Free games updated 3/4/21

To clear things up a bit. Nojarhead-Wold: 

haircutwoldnew_zpse676ad7a.jpg

Funny, got pretty much the same hair cut. My sides are getting very "fluffy" fast, which looks crappy and annoys the hell out of me... so I let 'em getting cut that short at least every 3 weeks.

Had super long hair just a few years back, but I started to get bald (yay...), so everything had to go. All in all, I think my head looks a lot better with short hair, but the balding still doesn't help it really. :>

"only when you no-life you can exist forever, because what does not live cannot die."

Sounds awesome!

I love Nobu but my wife liked Sushi Roku (also at Caesar's) better. Either way I'm jealous

You gotta love Vegas. Are you brining the kids or is just a getaway for you and your wife?

"While it is true you learn with age, the down side is what you often learn is what a damn fool you were before"

Thomas Sowell