RANDOM VIDEO GAME NEWS

Rosbjerg

I don't even care about the game, I just want that character creator.  Dammit, Korea, keep your game, just send us the character creator.  I want to make a short, fat, insanely stocky dude with a monocle and a super exaggerated cleft chin.

• Like 1

sky_twister_suzu.gif.bca4b31c6a14735a9a4b5a279a428774.gif
🇺🇸RFK Jr 2024🇺🇸

"Any organization created out of fear must create fear to survive." - Bill Hicks

I don't even care about the game, I just want that character creator.  Dammit, Korea, keep your game, just send us the character creator.  I want to make a short, fat, insanely stocky dude with a monocle and a super exaggerated cleft chin.

Is this another of those games that will never be released in the west?

"Some men see things as they are and say why?"
"I dream things that never were and say why not?"
- George Bernard Shaw

"Hope in reality is the worst of all evils because it prolongs the torments of man."
- Friedrich Nietzsche

"The amount of energy necessary to refute bull**** is an order of magnitude bigger than to produce it."

- Some guy 

If that's some multiplayer / whatever game, then you surely know what kind of characters the people will create.

http://i0.kym-cdn.com/entries/icons/original/000/001/030/dickbutt.jpg

Edited by TrueNeutral
Turned it into link for profanity and cartoony yet somewhat graphic image.
  • Like 1

"only when you no-life you can exist forever, because what does not live cannot die."

Yeah.  It's a Korean MMO called Black Desert, most likely it will never see the light of day out west.  

Edited by Keyrock

🇺🇸RFK Jr 2024🇺🇸

"Any organization created out of fear must create fear to survive." - Bill Hicks

Yeah.  It's a Korean MMO called Black Desert, most likely it will never see the light of day out west.  

Well the solution is simple, we all learn Korean.

• Like 2
I'd say the answer to that question is kind of like the answer to "who's the sucker in this poker game?"*

*If you can't tell, it's you. ;)

village_idiot.gif

Is that woman trying to pull the leg-hose out of her butt?

...it's a nice chr. character, actually, but I'm disappointed because most of the male heads shown are kinda fugly. Maybe it's the hair. I'm picky about hair.

“Things are as they are. Looking out into the universe at night, we make no comparisons between right and wrong stars, nor between well and badly arranged constellations.” – Alan Watts

I'm not upset that ME4 might be console only, I've always considered the ME games a console franchise anyway. Just means it will take me a while to get it since I wont be able to afford a console for at least a year or more.

I don't really get what the big deal is, to be honest.

If I lost sleep everytime some game that looked like i'd enjoy came to some system I didn't have I'd never have slept through the 90s.

Because a lot of people enjoyed ME3, as hard as that is for some to fathom, and suddenly placing a series they enjoyed out of their reach is a pretty dickish move ("just buy a console" is not a reasonable argument). This is entirely different from a franchise that is console exclusive, in which case I'd agree with your point.

If that isn't EVE Online's character creator it's at least a very good copy (I feel like I've mentioned this before, is this the same game? Or is the tech going around in the East?).

In the new South Park episode,  #REHASH, Kyle's little brother Ike becomes a fan of PewDiePie, and instead playing the new CoD with Kyle, who was looking forward to that, just watches PDP's videos. Kyle doesn't understand what's the big appeal of watching when the real fun is in playing yourself? I believe this exact same question was discussed in the last two days on this forum. :)

This season has a new feature in the form of some episode-to-episode continuity. Among them, one calls back to the one which dealt with "freemium" games, where Stan spent all of his family's savings on microtransactions (he stole his father credit card). Now Randy, who's a famous singer by disguise, must take on a gig because they're broke:

Manager: You have to take on this gig. ... Freemium games destroy lives.

Randy: I know. I lost my father to Candy Crush.

The new Let's Play craze also raises the interest of Cartman. You can make money by playing games and commenting on them? Hmm....

You can watch the episode on South Park Studio's website (link above) for free, if you can withstand 3 repeats of the same ~40 sec ad block.

The Seven Blunders/Roots of Violence: Wealth without work. Pleasure without conscience. Knowledge without character. Commerce without morality. Science without humanity. Worship without sacrifice. Politics without principle. (Mohandas Karamchand Gandhi)

Let's Play the Pools Saga (SSI Gold Box Classics)

Pillows of Enamored Warfare -- The Zen of Nodding

God, that Asian gameplay

tumblr_l801g3TNrb1qc63sno1_500.gif

• Like 1

The ending of the words is ALMSIVI.

I'm not upset that ME4 might be console only, I've always considered the ME games a console franchise anyway. Just means it will take me a while to get it since I wont be able to afford a console for at least a year or more.

I don't really get what the big deal is, to be honest.

If I lost sleep everytime some game that looked like i'd enjoy came to some system I didn't have I'd never have slept through the 90s.

Because a lot of people enjoyed ME3, as hard as that is for some to fathom, and suddenly placing a series they enjoyed out of their reach is a pretty dickish move ("just buy a console" is not a reasonable argument). This is entirely different from a franchise that is console exclusive, in which case I'd agree with your point.

Well the original Mass Effect WAS a console exclusive (it was a year before the Windows port was realeased). And computer gamers were mad about that at the time as well - that a new franchise had an uncertain future with computer gamers - so the idea that this is simply because people liked a multiplatform series that is "suddenly" console exclusive isn't true.

And I imagine many of those PC complainers about ME1 would have been happy to tell console gamers to "buy a computer" had ME1 been a PC exclusive.

I cannot - yet I must. How do you calculate that? At what point on the graph do "must" and "cannot" meet? Yet I must - but I cannot! ~ Ro-Man

God, that Asian gameplay

Something I like, if you're fighting something huuuge - it's all about avoiding being hit.

I always thought it was extremely silly in western RPGs that the tiny human in thin armour could withstand a massive hit from a dragon that would essentially flatten a solid metal object of the same size. Or deflect an Ogre's sword.. The big creatures look deadly in Asian games and the humans win by speed and strategy. Which I feel is fairly realistic if such an encounter could take place.

• Like 3

Fortune favors the bald.

Boo

"Some men see things as they are and say why?"
"I dream things that never were and say why not?"
- George Bernard Shaw

"Hope in reality is the worst of all evils because it prolongs the torments of man."
- Friedrich Nietzsche

"The amount of energy necessary to refute bull**** is an order of magnitude bigger than to produce it."

- Some guy 

Boo

It has publisher in EU and NA and they are working to produce English client for the game

http://massively.joystiq.com/2014/07/24/black-deserts-na-and-eu-publisher-is-daum/

http://2p.com/3235374_1/Pearl-Abyss-Is-Working-on-Black-Deserts-English-Client-by-Nichole.htm

• Like 2

Boo

It has publisher in EU and NA and they are working to produce English client for the game

http://massively.joystiq.com/2014/07/24/black-deserts-na-and-eu-publisher-is-daum/

http://2p.com/3235374_1/Pearl-Abyss-Is-Working-on-Black-Deserts-English-Client-by-Nichole.htm

1361358379706393167.GIF

🇺🇸RFK Jr 2024🇺🇸

"I always thought it was extremely silly in western RPGs that the tiny human in thin armour could withstand a massive hit from a dragon that would essentially flatten a solid metal object of the same size. Or deflect an Ogre's sword.. The big creatures look deadly in Asian games and the humans win by speed and strategy. Which I feel is fairly realistic if such an encounter could take place."

Talks about 'realism' when discussing ogres and dragons. O.M.G.

But, hey, people been barely hurt after being bit by sharks or even mauled by bears. Some humans have even kicked a bear's ass before. I guess that's not realistic, huh?

DWARVES IN PROJECT ETERNITY = VOLOURN HAS PLEDGED $250.

I'm excited for Gat out of Hell when I found out it actually has a new map.

The biggest thing I dislike about IV is it reusing Steelport. That and cars being useless a couple missions in.

"Show me a man who "plays fair" and I'll show you a very talented cheater."

Well, you get even more powers now... Demonic powers. :>

I don't mind it. Driving cars isn't exactly what made the games fun to me.

• Like 1

"only when you no-life you can exist forever, because what does not live cannot die."

I'm excited for Gat out of Hell when I found out it actually has a new map.

The biggest thing I dislike about IV is it reusing Steelport. That and cars being useless a couple missions in.

I didn't mind cars becoming useless.  Running through the streets at hyper speed with stuff blowing up left and right and soaring through the skies are things I found extremely fun, plus it cut down travel time a lot, which I found highly beneficial.  I know this is a divisive issue and many people very much disliked Saints Row abandoning the gang gameplay, but I'm very happy they did.  I love that they went full on ridiculous. 

As for Steelport, agreed 100%.  Steelport was a pretty dull sandbox to begin with.  Having it recycled for a second game didn't do it any favors.

• Like 1

🇺🇸RFK Jr 2024🇺🇸