Drama in indy gaming and games journalism

Gorth

To clarify, the malls don't explicitly state chinese only, they are just designed specifically to exclude non-chinese. There is only chinese signage, they use only chinese text, no universal picture signage like mens/womens bathroom signs or anything, prices aren't marked with numbers, and the staff at all stores will only speak chinese even though most of them can speak english. A chinese friend admitted they are designed this way to discourage non-chinese from going because its illegal to outright say "chinese only"

I see what you mean, but they might as well say " only Chinese" because unless you speak Chinese you wouldn't be able to interact in the mall anyway

"Abashed the devil stood and felt how awful goodness is and saw Virtue in her shape how lovely: and pined his loss”

John Milton 

"We don't stop playing because we grow old; we grow old because we stop playing.” -  George Bernard Shaw

"What counts in life is not the mere fact that we have lived. It is what difference we have made to the lives of others that will determine the significance of the life we lead" - Nelson Mandela

The act of harassment itself is bad. Why would it even matter if I haven't been harassed before as much as someone else?

It's the oppression olympics for these people. Frankly, rather tired of all these hand wringing white guys moaning on about this (Scalzi calling being white and male "easy mode", took the cake)

Why has elegance found so little following? Elegance has the disadvantage that hard work is needed to achieve it and a good education to appreciate it. - Edsger Wybe Dijkstra

I don't understand why some of you guys get so offended by the characterization or generalizations about white, male gamers?

I am a white, male gamer and we are least most discriminated demographic in the world. We really aren't the victims of real bigotry in almost all cases. Who cares if someone associates us with ISIS, its an utterly pointless insult because its just not true. Its like someone calling me a pygmy child molester. I don't concern myself with things that aren't valid.

Why the outrage? Do you these insults really bother you

The characterization itself  does nothing for me. I despise the hypocrisy though. Equal treatment means equal treatment. If you preach against negative stereotypes and against name calling then practice same everywhere.

However if you get your feather all ruffled if you hear something about women or homosexuals or whatever other group of people then you turn around and callously throw around "CIS white men" in a negative generalization every other sentence, you are a hypocrite a-hole. I don't care why your social studies professor thinks you can't be sexist against men or racist against white people. Equal is equal.

On a side note, not specifically aimed at Bruce, just in general. I am a Russian born in USSR. Go on whine to me about oppression and negative stereotypes because I have white skin and a ****.

• Like 1

I don't understand why some of you guys get so offended by the characterization or generalizations about white, male gamers?

I am a white, male gamer and we are least most discriminated demographic in the world. We really aren't the victims of real bigotry in almost all cases. Who cares if someone associates us with ISIS, its an utterly pointless insult because its just not true. Its like someone calling me a pygmy child molester. I don't concern myself with things that aren't valid.

Congratulations, Bruce, you just reached a new level of hypocrisy.  And that right there sums up nicely not everything, but a good part of what I hate about SJWs.  "Hey guys, it's wrong to stereotype other people and put false labels on them.  Hey, why are you getting mad because we stereotyped you and put false labels on you?  Why are you bothered by this?"

Edited by Keyrock
  • Like 2

sky_twister_suzu.gif.bca4b31c6a14735a9a4b5a279a428774.gif
🇺🇸RFK Jr 2024🇺🇸

"Any organization created out of fear must create fear to survive." - Bill Hicks

I'm starting to get the feeling that Bruce might just be trolling us at this point.  If so, bravo sir, bravo.  Well played.  I tip my hat to you.

sky_twister_suzu.gif.bca4b31c6a14735a9a4b5a279a428774.gif
🇺🇸RFK Jr 2024🇺🇸

"Any organization created out of fear must create fear to survive." - Bill Hicks

bob.png

*clap*

Jesus Tittyfking Christ, these dumbasses really are insane.

• Like 1

"Akiva Goldsman and Alex Kurtzman run the 21st century version of MK ULTRA." - majestic

"you're a damned filthy lying robot and you deserve to die and burn in hell." - Bartimaeus

"Without individual thinking you can't notice the plot holes." - InsaneCommander

"Just feed off the suffering of gamers." - Malcador

"You are calling my taste crap." -Hurlshort

"thankfully it seems like the creators like Hungary less this time around." - Sarex

"Don't forget the wakame, dumbass" -Keyrock

"Are you trolling or just being inadvertently nonsensical?' -Pidesco

"we have already been forced to admit you are at least human" - uuuhhii

"I refuse to buy from non-woke businesses" - HoonDing

"feral camels are now considered a pest" - Gorth

"Melkathi is known to be an overly critical grumpy person" - Melkathi

"Oddly enough Sanderson was a lot more direct despite being a Mormon" - Zoraptor

"I found it greatly disturbing to scroll through my cartoon's halfing selection of genitalias." - Wormerine

"I love cheese despite the pain and carnage." - ShadySands

bob.png

*clap*

This has to be one of my main gripes with the SJF's, they may not be, but they certainly act and speak in an utterly cretinous manner. They despise interactivity and control in games, yet we all know that is the mediums strength. They dismiss any facts as not important. They dismiss any harassment they undertake as inconsequential. They censor any dissenting opinion without pause. They have no regrets or empathy for others. They champion games that are hardly worth the title, as they contain almost no gameplay just blatant preaching. They come across as self righteous, pampered, dim witted students who've never known the real world or how it works.

In short they act like nasty little spoiled oiks, who have never been denied anything.

• Like 1

Quite an experience to live in misery isn't it? That's what it is to be married with children.

I've seen things you people can't even imagine. Pearly Kings glittering on the Elephant and Castle, Morris Men dancing 'til the last light of midsummer. I watched Druid fires burning in the ruins of Stonehenge, and Yorkshiremen gurning for prizes. All these things will be lost in time, like alopecia on a skinhead. Time for tiffin.

Tea for the teapot!

As i said before, these kinds of ideas are stupid enough to arise from university campuses. I wonder if these cooky ideas really stem from simple jealousy of the hard sciences; laws like the laws of thermodynamics cannot be found in the humanities department, after all . Maybe this jealousy manifests itself from not being taken as seriously as mathematics and physics...

"Some men see things as they are and say why?"
"I dream things that never were and say why not?"
- George Bernard Shaw

"Hope in reality is the worst of all evils because it prolongs the torments of man."
- Friedrich Nietzsche

"The amount of energy necessary to refute bull**** is an order of magnitude bigger than to produce it."

- Some guy 

bob.png

What does that even mean?

Objectivity is viewing of the facts of the matter, subjectivity is opinion and things that cannot be proven. In law for example, a murder case would be examined in the objective sense and then in the subjective. The objective would deal with if a person was actually murdered by the accused, whereas the subjective would relate to his intent and if he truly meant to do it or if there's some other reasoning behind the objective facts.

In a nutshell the quote is pure, 100% A-Grade madness because it's basically speaking out against....facts.

Yes, you heard me correctly. Feminism - at least the portion that supports that quote - is literally attacking....facts.

Edited by Longknife

"The Courier was the worst of all of them. The worst by far. When he died the first time, he must have met the devil, and then killed him."

Is your mom hot? It may explain why guys were following her ?

As i said before, these kinds of ideas are stupid enough to arise from university campuses. I wonder if these cooky ideas really stem from simple jealousy of the hard sciences; laws like the laws of thermodynamics cannot be found in the humanities department, after all . Maybe this jealousy manifests itself from not being taken as seriously as mathematics and physics...

Well, was a joke I read about them needing jargon of their own to make their, ahem, discipline seem more credible. F**king arts students, always knew they'd cause trouble!

Why has elegance found so little following? Elegance has the disadvantage that hard work is needed to achieve it and a good education to appreciate it. - Edsger Wybe Dijkstra

This is bit simplified as both terms have multiple definitions that can change depending on what context word is used.

Objectivity is to looks source behind conclusions

Subjectivity is to make conclusions themselves in the first place.

Like for example when Erkki says that it is cold outside that is subjective conclusion that is based his perspective about subject. But we want objective information so we ask how Erkki come in such conclusion, and Erkki tells us that he was outside and weather felt cold for him. So we looked claim from objective perspective and end results was that Erkki thinks that is is cold outside because of his subjective conclusions that were based on his individual (subjective) feelings. There is no measurable facts involved.

In other example we could look things from different perspective: There is snow in the ground and thermometer says that there is -5 degrees of Celsius (23 degrees Fahrenheit) outside and when Erkki comes inside he say that there is warm outside. Do Erkki lie as facts that we know about situation make us to draw different (subjective) conclusion about situation than what Erkki did from his subjective feelings? 

Congratulations, Bruce, you just reached a new level of hypocrisy.  And that right there sums up nicely not everything, but a good part of what I hate about SJWs.  "Hey guys, it's wrong to stereotype other people and put false labels on them.  Hey, why are you getting mad because we stereotyped you and put false labels on you?  Why are you bothered by this?"

Wow you guys are really defensive, sorry I aske the question :blink:

As usual my point is misunderstood, I'm not saying that white male gamers can't be insulted or offended by certain words. Of course we can, we are human beings. I am saying in this particular case why are you offended with being compared to ISIS. A white, male is so far from what ISIS is and how they operate its just seems ridiculous to get offended by that characterization

Also the main issue with offensive words against certain minority groups is not that they are false characterisations but that the actual words used have an hurtful and malicious intent. Like words to describe  a black person or gay person. Its not the same as saying " white, male gamers are like ISIS" which is not offensive because its so irrelevant

Also you shouldn't hate people in life Keyrock, that just creates bad karma o:)

"Abashed the devil stood and felt how awful goodness is and saw Virtue in her shape how lovely: and pined his loss”

John Milton 

"We don't stop playing because we grow old; we grow old because we stop playing.” -  George Bernard Shaw

"What counts in life is not the mere fact that we have lived. It is what difference we have made to the lives of others that will determine the significance of the life we lead" - Nelson Mandela

Wow you guys are really defensive, sorry I aske the question :blink:

As usual my point is misunderstood, I'm not saying that white male gamers can't be insulted or offended by certain words. Of course we can, we are human beings. I am saying in this particular case why are you offended with being compared to ISIS. A white, male is so far from what ISIS is and how they operate its just seems ridiculous to get offended by that characterization

Everyone be sure to call Bruce "Hitler" from now on and compare the context of his posts to that of Hitler's ramblings.

"The Courier was the worst of all of them. The worst by far. When he died the first time, he must have met the devil, and then killed him."

Is your mom hot? It may explain why guys were following her ?

So offensive words are cool as long as they are really outlandish ?

No, offensive words surely should only be offensive if they touch a nerve

How can you be offended to be compared to ISIS? ISIS is a real, brutal and militant extremist group that is chopping off peoples heads and crucifying its enemies, and that's on a good day. How can a gamer ever possibly think that describes them, that's just ludicrous. Its not offensive because its so stupid

Edited by BruceVC

John Milton 

Bruce, this isn't "dey hurt mah feels", if it was just some dumb troll saying this nobody would care. But it's not some random trolls. It's George Reese, Dell Executive. It's Devin Faraci, Editor of Badass Digest. It's people with respect, following, jobs, they have weight. When someone like that says it, it brings a lot more credibility and possible consequences to a statement like that. It's an absolutely ridiculous statement that suddenly becomes a lot less ridiculous and at best leads only to shunning of people for playing video games, but at worst to the downplaying of the importance of the ISIS problem. That's the thing I'm most offended by, it suggests ISIS isn't really that bad.

Either way, the claim is so outlandish that no intelligent person would speak it. Hence, these people should be removed from offices that require intelligent people.

EDIT: Dell, not Intel. Typo.

Edited by TrueNeutral

No, offensive words surely should only be offensive if they touch a nerve

How can you be offended to be compared to ISIS? ISIS is a real, brutal and militant extremist group that is chopping off peoples heads and crucifying its enemies, and that's on a good day. How can a gamer ever possibly think that describes them, that's just ludicrous. Its not offensive because its so stupid

Ok, so how is that disagreeing with what I wrote ? ISIS is a terror organization, and the people making this claim seriously see them as the same for the most part (SJWs are morons) - in that they are terrorizing (a couple of) women online. Although the comparison doesn't flow naturally, it can still be offensive.

A shot fired doesn't have to hit to warrant a shot back.

Newest flooding in my twitter feed. Interestingly most Gamergate messages tweets  come from people that I didn't even known to have any interest about games retweeting people that I have never heard before (as from gaming circles only Totalbiscuit, Ragnar Tørnquist and Jim Sterling seems to be only ones that I follow that have any interest tweet/discuss about GG and things relating to it).

https://storify.com/TheGrimCorsair/quinnae-moon-on-gg-and-nys?utm_source=t.co&utm_content=storify-pingback&utm_campaign=&awesm=sfy.co_du5n&utm_medium=sfy.co-twitter

Yep, that was pretty shameful - except I was right in the middle of that (supporting Devi) and a lot of GGers did say they condemned Milo's views on transwomen. : / It's not exactly as clear cut as "all of GG hates trans women", though it's this sort of behaviour from some GGers that caused me to stop supporting GG.

• Like 1