What is your favorite class at this point?

Marceror

Which of PoE's 11 Classes Is Your Favorite?  

78 members have voted

1. 1. Which of PoE's Combat Classes is your favorite (please vote for only 1 class across both polls)

• Barbarian
    • Fighter
    • Monk
    • Paladin
    • Ranger
    • Rogue
    • I voted in the other poll
  2. 2. Which of PoE's Casting Classes is your favorite? (please vote for only 1 class across both polls)

• Chanter
    • Cipher
    • Druid
    • Priest
    • Wizard
    • I voted in the other poll

Chanter, Cipher or Paladin for me.

Hilarious overpowered fun and the chanter just muttering to himself while people look on is almost like looking in a mirror...

Chanter needs to activate selected chant automatically though XD

You read my post.

You have been eaten by a grue.

I always play a caster class.. and the Cipher and Chanter are well made. But I actually like the fighter the best so far. Unlike every other rpg ever, the fighter is actually not a buffed caster class, except with better armor options and one really weak spell a day. Or, it's not a boring class compared to everything else, that you have to have in the party because that's the way the game is set up. Instead, the fighter is extremely interesting. And that actually impressed me a bit. 

The injustice must end! Sign the petition and Free the Krug!

Understanding that the classes are very much in flux, I'm curious which classes are currently everyone's favorites at this moment. Feel free to vote in the poll, and share why in the thread if you feel so inclined.

I broke the poll into 2 parts, since only 10 poll options are possible in a single poll.

Please only vote for your favorite class, and use the "I voted in the other poll" option for the poll that does not contain your favorite.

I like Paladins, Rogues and Wizards. And, I gotta say I miss a true Bard class with instruments and such..

I've played far too few classes yet to tell which one is my favourite. The cipher and the monk classes are the nicest so far, and rogue wasn't what I hoped for, and nor was fighter. After the next update, I think I'll try the druid out.

*** "The words of someone who feels ever more the ent among saplings when playing CRPGs" ***

Ive only tried two classes, the mage and paladin. Since my mage was busted and didn't display any spell above first level, Ill go with the paladin as my favorite by default. Although many of you have stated the Chanter and Cipher are OP, and I loves me some OP, so I may try them out whenever BB v3 gets released.

I voted for the Chanter because I love how they setup their chants. Not a fan of all the summons though, but I can deal with it. Notice, mu love of the Chanter has nothing to do with my Obsidian Order title...

I also like the Druid, Cipher and Barbarian a lot.

56 votes so far and still no love for the ranger. Ouch.

It is extremely buggy. I did like what I tried though, but Ranger have never been one of my "class".

Edited by morhilane

Azarhal, Chanter and Keeper of Truth of the Obsidian Order of Eternity.

Rangers/pets are problematic in BB (pathfinding, doorways, Pet means adventurer cannot be added) so I suspect they are not getting the play they might otherwise I am a fan of ranger and ranger/rogue from IE games and hope this ranger gets some love in the next update so I can take one for a spin for more than a single battle or two.

In other news I am liking the druid a lot even without the shapeshift - for my money the shapeshift might be more useful if you had the option to shift to more than one type (perhaps as you gained levels) and thus different damage types but frankly the druid has more than enough going for it without the shapeshift at all (IMO)

I like the fighter too - have not completely figured out how to make the barbarian most useful yet.

Cleric is a good buff bot otherwise kind of meh altho I should probably test a PC cleric - so far opinion just based on BB cleric.

Took a party into Ogre cave today twice but was unable to exit the cave (black screen once outside) :(

Nomadic Wayfarer of the Obsidian Order

Not all those that wander are lost...