What are you playing now?

Blarghagh

Finished Pirate Creed with 94% completion.  I know I missed 1 buried treasure (and the map for it) somewhere and I imagine the other missing percentage is not getting 100% sync on every story mission because, to the best of my knowledge, I did everything else, found all fragments, treasure chests, shanties, messages in a bottle, did all assassin contracts, all naval missions, etc.  I may one day come back and replay the missions I didn't 100% sync, though more likely I'll just say close enough and be done with it for good.  I enjoyed the vast majority of the game, but there were a few exceptions.  For example, if I never have to tail somebody and/or eavesdrop on them ever again, it will be too soon.

Most importantly, my schedule is now clear for Wasteland 2 tomorrow.

Edited by Keyrock
  • Like 2

sky_twister_suzu.gif.bca4b31c6a14735a9a4b5a279a428774.gif
🇺🇸RFK Jr 2024🇺🇸

"Any organization created out of fear must create fear to survive." - Bill Hicks

Wasteland 2. Wiped in a few minutes after starting the game, and loving it.

hcosses.png

• Like 1

The Seven Blunders/Roots of Violence: Wealth without work. Pleasure without conscience. Knowledge without character. Commerce without morality. Science without humanity. Worship without sacrifice. Politics without principle. (Mohandas Karamchand Gandhi)

Let's Play the Pools Saga (SSI Gold Box Classics)

Pillows of Enamored Warfare -- The Zen of Nodding

I've been roaming idly around Skyrim. I haven't actually been getting quests done. I haven't levelled up. I've just wandered and found locations....I really should make a start on actually doing stuff.....

"Cuius testiculos habeas, habeas cardia et cerebellum."

In the Underdark, everyone calling me "male" with a condescending tone.

Listen up, buddy, I just did all of the mage battles in the arena with a throwing knife. Do not get on my bad side.

• Like 1
"Show me a man who "plays fair" and I'll show you a very talented cheater."

Trying my hand a bit on Risen 2 and Skyrim.

“He who joyfully marches to music in rank and file has already earned my contempt. He has been given a large brain by mistake, since for him the spinal cord would surely suffice.” - Albert Einstein

Finished Vampire the Masquerade: Redemption, opted for the good ending which has far more content but is a little too sickly sweet for my personal palette. A good game for the price, with some potential, but not really a patch on Bloodlines.

Quite an experience to live in misery isn't it? That's what it is to be married with children.

I've seen things you people can't even imagine. Pearly Kings glittering on the Elephant and Castle, Morris Men dancing 'til the last light of midsummer. I watched Druid fires burning in the ruins of Stonehenge, and Yorkshiremen gurning for prizes. All these things will be lost in time, like alopecia on a skinhead. Time for tiffin.

Tea for the teapot!

Finally bought Skyrim when it was on sale recently. Anyone got any advice before I get into it?

Go along with the story until after you get your first shout. Don't bother roaming about until after that point.

Also, don't invest in a lot of skills in the beginning; go with a clear theme. Also, at really high levels magic sucks since you can't increase your magic damage, so avoid magic if you intend to be really high level. 

Another thing; don't invest points into magicka. One can easily use enchantments to make spells cost next to nothing, or even free. So... Focus on health. 

Edited by Namutree
  • Like 1

"Good thing I don't heal my characters or they'd be really hurt." Is not something I should ever be thinking.

I use blue text when I'm being sarcastic.

Finally bought Skyrim when it was on sale recently. Anyone got any advice before I get into it?

Go along with the story until after you get your first shout. Don't bother roaming about until after that point.

Also, don't invest in a lot of skills in the beginning; go with a clear theme. Also, at really high levels magic sucks since you can't increase your magic damage, so avoid magic if you intend to be really high level. 

Another thing; don't invest points into magicka. One can easily use enchantments to make spells cost next to nothing, or even free. So... Focus on health. 

I could go on for a while giving good advice if you want, TrueNeutral.

"Good thing I don't heal my characters or they'd be really hurt." Is not something I should ever be thinking.

Stamina shouldn't be neglected if one intends to go primarily melee as you need it A LOT. I kept them on same level on my last (or ongoing, it's on hold) game and it worked well.

TrueNeutral, if you want to get a safe place to store your stuff the first home costs 5000 gold so try to save for that from the start. Also I hope you intend to mod the game as some of the mods are pretty much mandatory. If you want I can give a list of good mods later, not at home right now so cant check my list.

Edited by Slinky

Also I hope you intend to mod the game as some of the mods are pretty much mandatory. If you want I can give a list of good mods later, not at home right now so cant check my list.

Hrm, what mods are mandatory? I'm not really in need of the many prettification mods since I'm not sure my computer will be able to run them, I sorely need an upgrade. :p

Skyrim is just fine as a base game, no mods needed for the first playthrough.

Oblivion on the other hand, yeesh.

I feel that base Skyrim is far better than base Oblivion.

Yet I feel that mods do more to improve Oblivion than Skyrim.

In other words:

Vanilla Oblivion vs Vanilla Skyrim: Skyrim wins.

Oblivion with mods vs Skyrim with mods: About even.

I wish Unfinished Business worked for BG2: EE. It's such a shame for so many characters to not have quests. At least Minsc and Boo need theirs.

"Show me a man who "plays fair" and I'll show you a very talented cheater."

Starting Consortium, it's kind of interesting, I quit when the game got stuck into giving me a distorted screen as my connection the host body messed up or something

• Like 1

Why has elegance found so little following? Elegance has the disadvantage that hard work is needed to achieve it and a good education to appreciate it. - Edsger Wybe Dijkstra

Also I hope you intend to mod the game as some of the mods are pretty much mandatory. If you want I can give a list of good mods later, not at home right now so cant check my list.

Hrm, what mods are mandatory? I'm not really in need of the many prettification mods since I'm not sure my computer will be able to run them, I sorely need an upgrade. :p

None of these increase PC requirements as they simply fix stuff and make things more convenient. There are about a billion mods out there, but these are what I would personally consider mandatory:

- Unofficial Skyrim Patch

Fixes a huge amount of bugs Bethesda never fixed. There are also patches for the DLC's if you have them.

- SkyUI

Unless you use a controller the UI in Skyrim is one of the most horrendous I've ever seen. SkyUI makes it much much better for keyboard & mouse.

- A Quality World Map - With Roads

Adds roads and removes clouds from map screen. Less critical, but makes the map way more convenient.

- No NPC Greetings

As default NPC's say something to you as you pass by them. This might not annoy at first, but the more you play the more you wish they would just shut the **** up. Use this mod to reduce the distance to npc's which starts the "greetings speeches", I suggest the slightly reduced version for first playthrough.

- Oblivious Horses

The horses in Skyrim are bloodthirsty maniacs that go berserk every time you get into a fight and run in to help you. Guess what happens when a horse goes mano a mano against a dragon? This mod stops that.

- Run For Your Lives

When dragons attack towns the NPC's attack it. Brave, but not very convenient if the store keepers end up dead. This mod makes only city guards attack the dragon and the rest run into cover.

- When Vampires Attack

Same as the last mod, but for vampire attacks. This is needed only if you have Dawnguard DLC.

I do use a few other mods too, here is a full list:

PATCHES:

Unofficial Skyrim Patch

Unofficial Dawnguard Patch

Unofficial Hearthfire Patch

Unofficial Dragonborn Patch

Unofficial High Resolution Patch

UI:

SkyUI

Better Dialogue Controls

Better MessageBox Controls

A Quality World Map - With Roads

moreHUD

FIXES/CONVENIENCE:

A Matter of Time

Auto Unequip Ammo

Better fitting Glass Helmet

Double Torch Radius

Follower Trap Safety

Golden Vendors (2X)

Heart of the Beast - Werewolf Sound and Texture Overhaul

Increased charater height (1.02 for nords)

Lockpick graduation by Lilyu

Move it Dammit for NPC Companions and Followers

No Cleared Cell Respawn and Slow other Respawn

No NPC Greetings

No Spinning Death Animation

Oblivious Horses

People are Strangers

RaceMenu

Run For Your Lives

The Paarthurnax Dilemma

When Vampires Attack

None of these increase PC requirements as they simply fix stuff and make things more convenient. There are about a billion mods out there, but these are what I would personally consider mandatory:

- Unofficial Skyrim Patch

Fixes a huge amount of bugs Bethesda never fixed. There are also patches for the DLC's if you have them.

- SkyUI

Unless you use a controller the UI in Skyrim is one of the most horrendous I've ever seen. SkyUI makes it much much better for keyboard & mouse.

- A Quality World Map - With Roads

Adds roads and removes clouds from map screen. Less critical, but makes the map way more convenient.

- No NPC Greetings

As default NPC's say something to you as you pass by them. This might not annoy at first, but the more you play the more you wish they would just shut the **** up. Use this mod to reduce the distance to npc's which starts the "greetings speeches", I suggest the slightly reduced version for first playthrough.

- Oblivious Horses

The horses in Skyrim are bloodthirsty maniacs that go berserk every time you get into a fight and run in to help you. Guess what happens when a horse goes mano a mano against a dragon? This mod stops that.

- Run For Your Lives

When dragons attack towns the NPC's attack it. Brave, but not very convenient if the store keepers end up dead. This mod makes only city guards attack the dragon and the rest run into cover.

- When Vampires Attack

Same as the last mod, but for vampire attacks. This is needed only if you have Dawnguard DLC.

I do use a few other mods too, here is a full list:

PATCHES:

Unofficial Skyrim Patch

Unofficial Dawnguard Patch

Unofficial Hearthfire Patch

Unofficial Dragonborn Patch

Unofficial High Resolution Patch

UI:

SkyUI

Better Dialogue Controls

Better MessageBox Controls

A Quality World Map - With Roads

moreHUD

FIXES/CONVENIENCE:

A Matter of Time

Auto Unequip Ammo

Better fitting Glass Helmet

Double Torch Radius

Follower Trap Safety

Golden Vendors (2X)

Heart of the Beast - Werewolf Sound and Texture Overhaul

Increased charater height (1.02 for nords)

Lockpick graduation by Lilyu

Move it Dammit for NPC Companions and Followers

No Cleared Cell Respawn and Slow other Respawn

No NPC Greetings

No Spinning Death Animation

Oblivious Horses

People are Strangers

RaceMenu

Run For Your Lives

The Paarthurnax Dilemma

When Vampires Attack

Thanks a lot. :) I'll look into them.

Starting Consortium, it's kind of interesting, I quit when the game got stuck into giving me a distorted screen as my connection the host body messed up or something

I liked it. It's really short but it plays out a lot differently if you take different actions

Free games updated 3/4/21