What you did today

Gorth

My last remaining grandparent passed away today. I wasn't very close with her so I don't feel very bad, but I feel like I should.

Were they ready to go, in themselves?

If so, why should you feel bad? It's presumably not what they'd want, is it?

"It wasn't lies. It was just... bull****"."

-Elwood Blues

tarna's dead; processing... complete. Disappointed by Universe. RIP Hades/Sand/etc. Here's hoping your next alt has a harp.

My last remaining grandparent passed away today. I wasn't very close with her so I don't feel very bad, but I feel like I should.

My condolences, TrueNeutral. I've lost all my grandparents and I miss them dearly, so I know how it feels. 

What I did today: Bent over rows, barbell, 80 kilograms, 4x 8 reps and 1x 2 reps of 97 kilograms. And I just realized its like doing it doggy-style with the barbell. Awkward.    :blink:

Edited by Woldan

I gazed at the dead, and for one dark moment I saw a banquet. 

I'm currently waiting for my possibly girlfriend possibly friends with benefits, still not sure if we’re officially an item or not, to get off work and come over (she lives about an hour away but works here so she’s likely going to be crashing/staying here some of the week if things continue going well – and I don’t have an issue with that). That said, she’s working late tonight and I’m not sure if I’ll actually see her at all or if I’ll be asleep when she come in. Oh well, worst case I’ll see her tomorrow or later in the week. You’d think tomorrow if she's staying here but I plan on sleeping in and she has to be up early so she might see herself out without waking me up.

:ermm:

"Geez. It's like we lost some sort of bet and ended up saddled with a bunch of terrible new posters on this forum."

-Hurlshot

My condolence.

----

I just attended a party celebrating my a friends birthday, she was very happy and very drunk - just as everyone else. I did, however, clearly feel the absence of one of my best friends that moved to Stockholm last week and wasn't at the party, it was a sad affair for me, since he was actually one of the few people that I could talk with whenever everyone else went on about their filthy nasty depravities. Wich means I basically sat and listened more than spoke to people. Very meh. 

I know they are doing it on purpose as well, since I can't help but blush when they get going.

Atleast I got alot of free drinks and I'm well and truly drunk right now, so I've got that going for me, wich is nice! :p

• Like 1

Civilization, in fact, grows more and more maudlin and hysterical; especially under democracy it tends to degenerate into a mere combat of crazes; the whole aim of practical politics is to keep the populace alarmed (and hence clamorous to be led to safety) by menacing it with an endless series of hobgoblins, most of them imaginary. - H.L. Mencken

I'm working.

What? Why?

I just spent one of the best hours of my life just conked out in the garden with some red wine and a book, soaking up sunshine.

Kudos to Guard Dog, whose constant example made me realise it was a good idea.

• Like 3

-Elwood Blues

tarna's dead; processing... complete. Disappointed by Universe. RIP Hades/Sand/etc. Here's hoping your next alt has a harp.

I'm finishing a proposal for my new novel for my agent. That's the bit where you have to write -

• Synopsis
  • Market positioning report and [nearest] comparable titles
  • Sample chapters (1-5)
  • Chapter-by-chapter summary (the hardest and most boring part)

On top of polishing the original script (almost 90,000 words). Plus I've a title coming out in the next few weeks and I've proofs to look at and emails to reply to. I also have a day-job.

In between chapter summaries I add sweetness and light to the PoE forums to take a break from it all.

Before I started writing I thought a magical being took my script and voila! a novel would appear. No. In the days of decaying legacy publishers, the digital apocalypse and shrinking advances you have to do more and more work yourself.

• Like 4

sonsofgygax.JPG

Monte what books did you publish?

A series of romance novels involving women copulating with dinosaurs and fantasy creatures. He does so under the pseudonym Christine Sims.

Edited by KaineParker
  • Like 9

"Akiva Goldsman and Alex Kurtzman run the 21st century version of MK ULTRA." - majestic

"I'm gonna hunt you down so that I can slap you square in the mouth." - Bartimaeus

"Without individual thinking you can't notice the plot holes." - InsaneCommander

"Just feed off the suffering of gamers." - Malcador

"You are calling my taste crap." -Hurlshort

"thankfully it seems like the creators like Hungary less this time around." - Sarex

"Don't forget the wakame, dumbass" -Keyrock

"Are you trolling or just being inadvertently nonsensical?' -Pidesco

"we have already been forced to admit you are at least human" - uuuhhii

"I refuse to buy from non-woke businesses" - HoonDing

"feral camels are now considered a pest" - Gorth

"Melkathi is known to be an overly critical grumpy person" - Melkathi

"Oddly enough Sanderson was a lot more direct despite being a Mormon" - Zoraptor

"I found it greatly disturbing to scroll through my cartoon's halfing selection of genitalias." - Wormerine

"Am I phrasing in the most negative light for them? Yes, but it's not untrue." - ShadySands

Had a date with additional sexytyme yesterday. Today the only thing I did was playing games and watching some Fringe episodes. That's good life, why it can't be like this forever..?

Edited by Lexx
  • Like 1

"only when you no-life you can exist forever, because what does not live cannot die."

I'm finishing a proposal for my new novel for my agent. That's the bit where you have to write -

• Synopsis
  • Market positioning report and [nearest] comparable titles
  • Sample chapters (1-5)
  • Chapter-by-chapter summary (the hardest and most boring part)

On top of polishing the original script (almost 90,000 words). Plus I've a title coming out in the next few weeks and I've proofs to look at and emails to reply to. I also have a day-job.

In between chapter summaries I add sweetness and light to the PoE forums to take a break from it all.

Before I started writing I thought a magical being took my script and voila! a novel would appear. No. In the days of decaying legacy publishers, the digital apocalypse and shrinking advances you have to do more and more work yourself.

Egad! is there anywhere safe from Project Management?

Immediate answer: farting.

• Like 1

-Elwood Blues

Hmmm. This is my off-duty forum so I don't pimp my writing here.

What genre do you do?

I already told you bro, human-creature romances.

More seriously, I think he does war stories and mentioned wanting to do fantasy once.

On the topic of war stories, Garth Ennis is doing his War Stories comics for Avatars which will be awesome.

• Like 1

"Akiva Goldsman and Alex Kurtzman run the 21st century version of MK ULTRA." - majestic

"I'm gonna hunt you down so that I can slap you square in the mouth." - Bartimaeus

"Without individual thinking you can't notice the plot holes." - InsaneCommander

"thankfully it seems like the creators like Hungary less this time around." - Sarex

"Oddly enough Sanderson was a lot more direct despite being a Mormon" - Zoraptor

"I found it greatly disturbing to scroll through my cartoon's halfing selection of genitalias." - Wormerine

"Am I phrasing in the most negative light for them? Yes, but it's not untrue." - ShadySands

Maybe he wants to write romance, but battleships and so forth keep creeping in.

• Like 1

-Elwood Blues

Maybe he wants to write romance, but battleships and so forth keep creeping in.

A romance novel penned by Monte Carlo would be very funny. "As he kissed her passionately, a 5.56 ripped through his leg...."

• Like 1

I have tickets to a comedy thing tonight but I'm afraid I'll have to skip it to finish homework

That sucks bro. I had to skip going out with a girl because I had to crunch for some reports. Damn skool getting in the way of me getting laid.

• Like 1

Tried to find a good film on TV for some after-workout relaxation (leg day, ew) and failed, I found nothing but mind numbing IQ-robbing nonsense. Its just amazing how much TV changed in the last decade, and definitely not to the better. Anyway, stayed a while at Animal Planet until they showed lions slowly eating an elephant baby alive, from the ass up, while to hosts commented the close up shots. Maybe I'm a wuss but who in the nine hells voluntarily watches baby animals getting eaten alive while suffering unimaginable pain and agony?  

But thats perfectly OK to watch while people totally freak out when some female sexual organs make it in the TV or games. 

Maybe its just me, but isn't the world a wee little bit deranged?  This may sound very arrogant but sometimes I get the overwhelming feeling that I'm one of the few that were born with largely intact minds. Especially when watching TV. 

Edited by Woldan

I gazed at the dead, and for one dark moment I saw a banquet.