What you did today

Gorth

Hi JFSOCC "waves" :)

How long are you in Italy for?

I'm going back the 24th, so two more weeks.

Lots of poverty in Italy though...

That's that marvellous Euro for you, y'know the big EU thing Bruce was talking about.

Italy was poor before the Euro too.

Are you going to see Venice?  I love that city. 

Sadly no, it's not in my budget, although I'm going to go to lake Como, I want to see this place: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Villa_del_Balbianello

So perhaps a day trip to Venice might still be possible. It really depends on  my budget though. the reason I can stay for two weeks is because I can help a friend of my mother out with some work he needs done here, if that turns out well, I may be able to do more. We'll see.

Remember: Argue the point, not the person. Remain polite and constructive. Friendly forums have friendly debate. There's no shame in being wrong. If you don't have something to add, don't post for the sake of it. And don't be afraid to post thoughts you are uncertain about, that's what discussion is for.
---
Pet threads, everyone has them. I love imagining Gods, Monsters, Factions and Weapons.

Italy is a tale of two countries. The South is and always has been poor. It suckles on the teat of the North, which is and always has been more affluent.

I've never visited a country where one half resented the other as much. Even the mutual loathing between English and Scots pales into insignificance. As a double insult, the capital sits in the South, like a bloated tick.

sonsofgygax.JPG

Italy is a tale of two countries. The South is and always has been poor. It suckles on the teat of the North, which is and always has been more affluent.

I've never visited a country where one half resented the other as much. Even the mutual loathing between English and Scots pales into insignificance. As a double insult, the capital sits in the South, like a bloated tick.

You seem like a smart fellow; care to enlighten us as to why southern Italy is so poor?

"Good thing I don't heal my characters or they'd be really hurt." Is not something I should ever be thinking.

I use blue text when I'm being sarcastic.

The North industrialised in the 1800s the South didn't, with concomitant social and economic development. The south remained agrarian and poor. And, of course, ludicrously religious being in the orbit of The Holy See. Please show me a theocracy (that doesn't sit on unlimited fossil fuel wealth) that became an economic powerhouse.

Everything really stems from that.

The north still has independence movements and a legacy of political violence. Google Bologna bombing.

• Like 1

sonsofgygax.JPG

The North industrialised in the 1800s the South didn't, with concomitant social and economic development. The south remained agrarian and poor. And, of course, ludicrously religious being in the orbit of The Holy See. Please show me a theocracy (that doesn't sit on unlimited fossil fuel wealth) that became an economic powerhouse.

The north still has independence movements and a legacy of political violence. Google Bologna bombing.

I see. Makes sense.

"Good thing I don't heal my characters or they'd be really hurt." Is not something I should ever be thinking.

I use blue text when I'm being sarcastic.

Rampant organized crime in the south hasn't helped things move along. That said, poverty has never been one of the things that jumps on my face in Italy, certainly not over the palaces, clothes and women :p
  • Like 1

You're a cheery wee bugger, Nep. Have I ever said that?

ahyes.gifReapercussionsahyes.gif

I finished up a load of studying, and am now trying to go to sleep. Going to go to classes tomorrow, work Thursday, then get epically drunk on Friday.

"Akiva Goldsman and Alex Kurtzman run the 21st century version of MK ULTRA." - majestic

"I'm gonna hunt you down so that I can slap you square in the mouth." - Bartimaeus

"Without individual thinking you can't notice the plot holes." - InsaneCommander

"Just feed off the suffering of gamers." - Malcador

"You are calling my taste crap." -Hurlshort

"thankfully it seems like the creators like Hungary less this time around." - Sarex

"Don't forget the wakame, dumbass" -Keyrock

"Are you trolling or just being inadvertently nonsensical?' -Pidesco

"we have already been forced to admit you are at least human" - uuuhhii

"I refuse to buy from non-woke businesses" - HoonDing

"feral camels are now considered a pest" - Gorth

"Melkathi is known to be an overly critical grumpy person" - Melkathi

"Oddly enough Sanderson was a lot more direct despite being a Mormon" - Zoraptor

"I found it greatly disturbing to scroll through my cartoon's halfing selection of genitalias." - Wormerine

"Am I phrasing in the most negative light for them? Yes, but it's not untrue." - ShadySands

Travel to rural Sicily. It's basically North Africa.

I've been there. It's a fitting comparison, with the remains of the greeks and romans littering both.

• Like 2

You're a cheery wee bugger, Nep. Have I ever said that?

ahyes.gifReapercussionsahyes.gif

I thought you were talking about Belgium.

• Like 1

The ending of the words is ALMSIVI.

Got the job kind off. I'm on a two month paid trial period, bet everyone who gets the job goes through it and from what I gathered almost no one gets kicked out. So good news I guess. The job, for anyone who is wondering, is software testing.

Edited by Sarex
  • Like 4

"because they filled mommy with enough mythic power to become a demi-god" - KP

Got the job kind off. I'm on a two month paid trial period, bet everyone who gets the job goes through it and from what I gathered almost no one gets kick out. So good news I guess. The job for anyone who is wondering is software testing.

You're working in a hacking factory aren't you? You're in charge of BotNets 44566770000 - 9990007778788.

• Like 1

sonsofgygax.JPG

Evil Serb working in an American company that is owned by Russians. Looks like a start of a thriller book.

Throw in Dinosaur/Woman couplings and you've got Monte's next novel.

• Like 2

"Akiva Goldsman and Alex Kurtzman run the 21st century version of MK ULTRA." - majestic

"I'm gonna hunt you down so that I can slap you square in the mouth." - Bartimaeus

"Without individual thinking you can't notice the plot holes." - InsaneCommander

"thankfully it seems like the creators like Hungary less this time around." - Sarex

"Oddly enough Sanderson was a lot more direct despite being a Mormon" - Zoraptor

"I found it greatly disturbing to scroll through my cartoon's halfing selection of genitalias." - Wormerine

"Am I phrasing in the most negative light for them? Yes, but it's not untrue." - ShadySands

**** McDonald's, Whataburger is the best.

Maybe the Serb burger-flipping guy realises his Pterodactyl boss (Svetlana) is the love of his life, but the Americans feel that dino / human lurve is verboten. Cue a sort of fast food take on Romeo and Juliet. With, er, reptiles.

Is this the plot of your next book?

• Like 1

Victor of the 5 year fan fic competition!

Kevin Butler will awesome your face off.

I got a cute sales rep to laugh by calling Americans fat.

Sorry America. :c

"The Courier was the worst of all of them. The worst by far. When he died the first time, he must have met the devil, and then killed him."

Is your mom hot? It may explain why guys were following her ?

Maybe the Serb burger-flipping guy realises his Pterodactyl boss (Svetlana) is the love of his life, but the Americans feel that dino / human lurve is verboten. Cue a sort of fast food take on Romeo and Juliet. With, er, reptiles.

Yeah, KaineParker's my new agent.

sonsofgygax.JPG

Yeah, KaineParker's my new agent.

Alright then, can you bang out a script for a romantic comedy based on the life of Eva Braun? Include plenty of Nazi jokes and leave the possibility of Hitler being gay open. If successful, I'll pitch a sequel involving Zombies and strippers, possibly with musical elements.

I'm starting my own business, currently I'm wading through the knee-deep bog of bureaucracy - but it really sounds more difficult than it actually is. Right now I'm waiting for my trade license. 

Also in one of the papers I had to assure that I'm not a smuggler, terrorist or some other kind of malevolent scoundrel.  I had to laugh manically when I signed it. 

Edited by Woldan

I gazed at the dead, and for one dark moment I saw a banquet.