What you did today

Gorth

Just don't forget to stand up when crashing with your bike with your hands off the handle bar. If you don't you will not break your wrists but the base of the handle bar will hit your crotch with blistering speed and change your life forever. But not to the better. 

I gazed at the dead, and for one dark moment I saw a banquet. 

Oh no, now that you mention it I remember going off-trail many times at the Skaftafell national park, I might have stomped entire elven villages. My life is forfeit!

God dammit, I've been trying to find a good video of Ronja Robber's Daughter going through the roof of the Rumphobs to show you the misery you've got to look forward to, but this is the best I found;

Civilization, in fact, grows more and more maudlin and hysterical; especially under democracy it tends to degenerate into a mere combat of crazes; the whole aim of practical politics is to keep the populace alarmed (and hence clamorous to be led to safety) by menacing it with an endless series of hobgoblins, most of them imaginary. - H.L. Mencken

Oh man, oh ... damn BestBuy has an incoming 55" 4K 240Hz UHDTV with 802.11ac, five HDMI inputs, USB, and a two-sided QWERTY remote, September 23 for $1399. Two hundred-forty Hertz, oh man. How many days in a row can I eat ramen noodles to justify it ... the answer is whatever equals 3840 x 2160. That's a lot of noodles.   

All Stop. On Screen.

I ate a microwavable pizza. Then I finally beat coco in a set in Project M. Top that.

UPDATE: I had even more pizza! YAY PIZZA!!!

Edited by Namutree

"Good thing I don't heal my characters or they'd be really hurt." Is not something I should ever be thinking.

I use blue text when I'm being sarcastic.

I worked out and am unable to sleep.

"Akiva Goldsman and Alex Kurtzman run the 21st century version of MK ULTRA." - majestic

"I'm gonna hunt you down so that I can slap you square in the mouth." - Bartimaeus

"Without individual thinking you can't notice the plot holes." - InsaneCommander

"Just feed off the suffering of gamers." - Malcador

"You are calling my taste crap." -Hurlshort

"thankfully it seems like the creators like Hungary less this time around." - Sarex

"Don't forget the wakame, dumbass" -Keyrock

"Are you trolling or just being inadvertently nonsensical?' -Pidesco

"we have already been forced to admit you are at least human" - uuuhhii

"I refuse to buy from non-woke businesses" - HoonDing

"feral camels are now considered a pest" - Gorth

"Melkathi is known to be an overly critical grumpy person" - Melkathi

"Oddly enough Sanderson was a lot more direct despite being a Mormon" - Zoraptor

"I found it greatly disturbing to scroll through my cartoon's halfing selection of genitalias." - Wormerine

"Am I phrasing in the most negative light for them? Yes, but it's not untrue." - ShadySands

Should have eaten pizza.

That sounds tasty.

finit.gif

"Akiva Goldsman and Alex Kurtzman run the 21st century version of MK ULTRA." - majestic

"I'm gonna hunt you down so that I can slap you square in the mouth." - Bartimaeus

"Without individual thinking you can't notice the plot holes." - InsaneCommander

"thankfully it seems like the creators like Hungary less this time around." - Sarex

"Oddly enough Sanderson was a lot more direct despite being a Mormon" - Zoraptor

"I found it greatly disturbing to scroll through my cartoon's halfing selection of genitalias." - Wormerine

"Am I phrasing in the most negative light for them? Yes, but it's not untrue." - ShadySands

Its a very festive event in Johannesburg today  called Joburg Day where we basically celebrate living in the greatest city in Africa. Its an all day event with beer gardens and live music. And its family event so its always very popular. Following that there is a rugby game later so more alcohol and raucous behaviour  will follow. Its going to be a fun day :dancing:

http://highveld.co.za/joburgday/

"Abashed the devil stood and felt how awful goodness is and saw Virtue in her shape how lovely: and pined his loss”

John Milton 

"We don't stop playing because we grow old; we grow old because we stop playing.” -  George Bernard Shaw

"What counts in life is not the mere fact that we have lived. It is what difference we have made to the lives of others that will determine the significance of the life we lead" - Nelson Mandela

Its a very festive event in Johannesburg today  called Joburg Day where we basically celebrate living in the greatest city in Africa. Its an all day event with beer gardens and live music. And its family event so its always very popular. Following that there is a rugby game later so more alcohol and raucous behaviour  will follow. Its going to be a fun day :dancing:

http://highveld.co.za/joburgday/

It should have pizza.

"Good thing I don't heal my characters or they'd be really hurt." Is not something I should ever be thinking.

Should have eaten pizza.

That sounds tasty.

finit.gif

For being called, "Pennywise the dancing clown" IT sure doesn't dance much. I wonder why they didn't call Pennywise Mr.Bob Gray in the T.V. special.

Watching Liverpool lose. It ruined my day. I hate myself for it. I keep telling myself that the results don't have any bearing on my life. They are well payed athletes competing in a sport and I gain nothing whatever the result. I know all of this, yet the anger is there, and it will be there every single time they(we) lose. Yes, I call them we. i guess that happens after 20+ years spent mostly in despair as a supporter of LFC.

Going to play some Baldur's Gate II, acting like a c**t.

Awesome biking weather earlier today, about 70 degrees, very little wind, moderately low humidity.  It was overcast, but hey, you can't have everything.  I did the Avon Mountain climb for the 6th time this year.  Thinking back to the first time I did that climb this year, it was so much easier today.  The side I went up today (it's the side I go up most often because it's the closest to where I live) is set up as such that the final 25% of the climb is the steepest, most difficult part.  No struggle on that last 25% today, I powered through it a gear higher than my previous climbs up that side, and with no problem.  I'm definitely going to do that climb at least once or twice more before the year is done.

• Like 1

sky_twister_suzu.gif.bca4b31c6a14735a9a4b5a279a428774.gif
🇺🇸RFK Jr 2024🇺🇸

"Any organization created out of fear must create fear to survive." - Bill Hicks

Big thumbs up for mountain climbs with the bicycle! Best and hardest cardio there is.    :w00t:

What I did today: chest day, max. power lift bench presses. Love it, lifting the equivalent of two grown men in weight plates just with your upper body is more satisfying that anything else. Especially because it took years of hard, honest work to get there, its like getting close to the level cap in an RPG with your favorite character at max difficulty setting.  :grin:

Guess nobody here gets what I'm talking about, I'm just a power lifter at heart. 

Edited by Woldan
  • Like 1

Well I attended a Mexican Independence Day party, where everyone was encouraged to wear Mexican themed outfits.

And one of the hosts made Mojito's with Brazilian rum. Then later dressed as a luchador and wrestled all the women at the party.

"Cuius testiculos habeas, habeas cardia et cerebellum."

Big thumbs up for mountain climbs with the bicycle! Best and hardest cardio there is.    :w00t:

What I did today: chest day, max. power lift bench presses. Love it, lifting the equivalent of two grown men in weight plates just with your upper body is more satisfying that anything else. Especially because it took years of hard, honest work to get there, its like getting close to the level cap in an RPG with your favorite character at max difficulty setting.  :grin:

Guess nobody here gets what I'm talking about, I'm just a power lifter at heart. 

Yeah.  I wish I had harder climbs, but I can't change geography so I do the best with what I have.  If I wind up moving to where I'm planning on moving a year or two from now, I'll not only have warmer weather year round, including, most importantly, super mild winters (average highs during January near 50 :biggrin: ), but I'll also be close to the Appalachian Trail, which means real deal mountains.  

As far as weight lifting, I haven't lifted in about 3 weeks, though I plan to start again next week.  I hurt my right forearm, I don't know how (get your mind out of the gutter  :p ), a while back.  I initially tried to work through it and still lift, and while I still had full strength, it hurt a lot and didn't get better, in fact, it kept hurting more.  So, I stopped lifting altogether and have tried to avoid lifting with my right arm (difficult because my job regularly requires lifting 50+ lbs.).  I've done my best to lift with only my left arm as much as possible over the last 3 weeks.  I suffered a couple of setbacks because I had things at work just too damn heavy to lift effectively with one arm (it's one thing to lift it with just the left arm, it's another to put it on a stomach-high table), so I kept re-aggravating the injury.  Finally it seems to be healed.  It has felt 100% for almost a week now, but I'm going to give it a full 7 days before I weight lift again (Monday).

#GettingOldSucks

Edited by Keyrock
  • Like 1

sky_twister_suzu.gif.bca4b31c6a14735a9a4b5a279a428774.gif
🇺🇸RFK Jr 2024🇺🇸

"Any organization created out of fear must create fear to survive." - Bill Hicks

Well I attended a Mexican Independence Day party, where everyone was encouraged to wear Mexican themed outfits.

And one of the hosts made Mojito's with Brazilian rum. Then later dressed as a luchador and wrestled all the women at the party.

How very sexist of him.

Yeah.  I wish I had harder climbs, but I can't change geography so I do the best with what I have.

A climb is a climb, you can always shift a gear too high and it will feel like the most brutal almost-vertical incline ever; especially when its windy. Great torture.    ;)

But truth be told, a really steep climb is very satisfying. 

If I wind up moving to where I'm planning on moving a year or two from now, I'll not only have warmer weather year round, including, most importantly, super mild winters (average highs during January near 50 :biggrin: )

Aw, thats 10 degrees Celsius! Are you not going to miss the white death? I know I cannot enjoy a hot perfect summer if there wasn't a cold and brutal winter a couple of months before. But you never have to stop going cycling, that makes me slightly envious.    :yes:

As far as weight lifting, I haven't lifted in about 3 weeks, though I plan to start again next week.  I hurt my right forearm, I don't know how (get your mind out of the gutter  :p ), a while back.  I initially tried to work through it and still lift, and while I still had full strength, it hurt a lot and didn't get better, in fact, it kept hurting more.  So, I stopped lifting altogether and have tried to avoid lifting with my right arm (difficult because my job regularly requires lifting 50+ lbs.).

I too get minor exercise injuries like strained tendons or a slightly strained back, when reaching a certain point minor injuries cannot be avoided completely. Yet I never had to stop lifting, the trick is to work around your injuries. There are two kinds of exercises - pushing and pulling. Depending on your injury you choose push or pull and exercise accordingly (And you can work your whole body with either one). Hurt joints usually allow pulling exercises, and damaged tendons pushing exercises. 

With a strained forearm you probably can do all the pulling exercises without pain and without interfering with the healing process. Sometimes it even speeds up the recovery because of the increased blood flow to the damaged body part.

Should your upper body ever be completely out of order though you can still do leg exercises, planks etc.

Edited by Woldan
  • Like 1

Today I worked out and did studying. Now I'm going to marshal the Patriarchy Militia and attempt to free Hurlshot.

• Like 2