What you did today

Gorth

"Why don't you stay for a drink?"

Cut to 0400.

• Like 2

"It wasn't lies. It was just... bull****"."

-Elwood Blues

tarna's dead; processing... complete. Disappointed by Universe. RIP Hades/Sand/etc. Here's hoping your next alt has a harp.

I was in the Salzkammergut for a bit. Ham. Cheese. Ham. Cheese. Ham. Occasional pizza. Beer was nice, though.

Huh, its not common for Austrian dishes to contain tons of ham and cheese, I rarely ever eat cheese and I don't like ham very much. You should have eaten a Wiener Schnitzel, an Apfelstrudel or a Kaiserschamrrn instead.

I gazed at the dead, and for one dark moment I saw a banquet. 

Lady GD is working a 12 hour shift today. I have a lot to do but I'm highly unmotivated. the Rays/Blue Jays game comes on at 12. I think I'll play Skyrim until then. For the first time I've created a dragonborn I actually like.

• Like 1

"While it is true you learn with age, the down side is what you often learn is what a damn fool you were before"

Thomas Sowell

Huh, I've been reading everyone all wrong, this whole time. Or not wrong, just with an American English accent. Someone should write an audio book called, Reading In Accents: How They Really Sound.

Soon as I read Bruce in a plank accent, he made perfect sense. Same with Austrian ham and cheese. And the Brits, they're the most fun to read 'in-accent' ... " 'fink I sawr Juwie Androos hangin' out wit' som nuns an' teh local ess-ess commandah." 

• Like 2

All Stop. On Screen.

Warning - Charity spam incoming.

I don't like spamming people's twitch or youtube channels, but I'm making an exception for this (and containing it to this thread as watching it is what I'm doing today):

Markiplier is currently livestreaming for the ALS Association along with Muyskerm and LordMinion777. You can check his stream here: http://www.twitch.tv/markiplier

You can donate directly, or buy shirts/plushies of which the proceeds go to the ALS Association. Please watch and/or spread the word if you can/if you don't absolutely hate people being terrible at stupid games and yelling a lot. :grin: It's for a good cause.

Also, every hour or so they give away a free iPod Touch given away to anyone in the chat (you don't even have to participate or donate, just be there).

Again, sorry for spamming but I think it's a good cause.

Today I somehow cheated the universe. I went cycling, my usual route which takes me about 40-45 minutes to complete, depending on my mood, yet according to my watches I completed it in 23 minutes which is totally and flat out impossible. I couldn't do it that fast if I was super angry and on coke plus speed. 

Some higher power gave me 22 minutes. Thank you, thats very nice of you who or whatever you may be! 

Kidding aside, I have no idea what happened. Maybe I can't read numbers anymore? 

Today I somehow cheated the universe. I went cycling, my usual route which takes me about 40-45 minutes to complete, depending on my mood, yet according to my watches I completed it in 23 minutes which is totally and flat out impossible. I couldn't do it that fast if I was super angry and on coke plus speed. 

Some higher power gave me 22 minutes. Thank you, thats very nice of you who or whatever you may be! 

Kidding aside, I have no idea what happened. Maybe I can't read numbers anymore?

You've slowly been going insane.

• Like 1

"Akiva Goldsman and Alex Kurtzman run the 21st century version of MK ULTRA." - majestic

"I'm gonna hunt you down so that I can slap you square in the mouth." - Bartimaeus

"Without individual thinking you can't notice the plot holes." - InsaneCommander

"Just feed off the suffering of gamers." - Malcador

"You are calling my taste crap." -Hurlshort

"thankfully it seems like the creators like Hungary less this time around." - Sarex

"Don't forget the wakame, dumbass" -Keyrock

"Are you trolling or just being inadvertently nonsensical?' -Pidesco

"we have already been forced to admit you are at least human" - uuuhhii

"I refuse to buy from non-woke businesses" - HoonDing

"feral camels are now considered a pest" - Gorth

"Melkathi is known to be an overly critical grumpy person" - Melkathi

"Oddly enough Sanderson was a lot more direct despite being a Mormon" - Zoraptor

"I found it greatly disturbing to scroll through my cartoon's halfing selection of genitalias." - Wormerine

"Am I phrasing in the most negative light for them? Yes, but it's not untrue." - ShadySands

It would be interesting to buy two identical high quality watches, equip them with the same brand of batteries, start them absolutely simultaneously and watch how long it takes till one is off by one second. 

Warning - Charity spam incoming.

I don't like spamming people's twitch or youtube channels, but I'm making an exception for this (and containing it to this thread as watching it is what I'm doing today):

Markiplier is currently livestreaming for the ALS Association along with Muyskerm and LordMinion777. You can check his stream here: http://www.twitch.tv/markiplier

You can donate directly, or buy shirts/plushies of which the proceeds go to the ALS Association. Please watch and/or spread the word if you can/if you don't absolutely hate people being terrible at stupid games and yelling a lot. :grin: It's for a good cause.

Also, every hour or so they give away a free iPod Touch given away to anyone in the chat (you don't even have to participate or donate, just be there).

Again, sorry for spamming but I think it's a good cause.

Reported

Why has elegance found so little following? Elegance has the disadvantage that hard work is needed to achieve it and a good education to appreciate it. - Edsger Wybe Dijkstra

Hm, been having intermittent ache/pain in my foot and ankle, interspersed with that tingling pins and needles up my leg since Wednesday. Trying to decide whether to go get it checked by the doctor or just see how it goes for another week first.

That and I'm trying to figure out just what sort of mood I'm in and therefor what to engage with on this sunday afternoon...

"Cuius testiculos habeas, habeas cardia et cerebellum."

I returned from california on monday... since tuesday I've been working every day without break. And i won't get a break until next tuesday.... with school starting.

Victor of the 5 year fan fic competition!

Kevin Butler will awesome your face off.

What I'm doing right now is freezing my butt off, its in the middle of the summer and temperatures here have dropped to barely above freezing point. The hell? 

Summer pls. 

Hope any of you in California weren't affected by the quake.

• Like 1

Why has elegance found so little following? Elegance has the disadvantage that hard work is needed to achieve it and a good education to appreciate it. - Edsger Wybe Dijkstra

Been troubling times around here. Someone got shanked last week. I fight broke out the same day. Police been watching the area.

Going to work for the first time in two months. Working from 1:30 PM to 6:30 PM. The school I'm working at is like 20 meters from where these things happened.

I guess you get used to this crap after having lived in this neighborhood for 27 years. Got to watch my back out there.

Thankfully injuries were very limited, and the damage is mostly just in the immediate Napa area.  We are about 90 miles away and I slept right through it.

Thankfully injuries were very limited, and the damage is mostly just in the immediate Napa area.  We are about 90 miles away and I slept right through it.

Woke up at 3:19 to noise outside. Dogs started barking and earthquake hit at 3:20. Decided it was big enough to warrant getting out of bed. Went back to bed at 3:21.

"Things are funny...are comedic, because they mix the real with the absurd." - Buzz Aldrin.

"P-O-T-A-T-O-E" - Dan Quayle

That is frightening. One of my geology classes taught me the Bay Area has faults capable of magnitude 9.0+ ... a steep and deep "strike/slip" fault that will eventually deposit the city into the ocean. San Diego is comparatively in the clear, with the biggest faults well-inland. Even L.A. is on top of a big one. Scary. 

All Stop. On Screen.

I guess you get used to this crap after having lived in this neighborhood for 27 years. Got to watch my back out there.

Carry some kind of defense weapon...In case you suddenly find yourself in a less than ideal situation and you can't talk you way out of it or run away.  

That is frightening. One of my geology classes taught me the Bay Area has faults capable of magnitude 9.0+ ... a steep and deep "strike/slip" fault that will eventually deposit the city into the ocean. San Diego is comparatively in the clear, with the biggest faults well-inland. Even L.A. is on top of a big one. Scary.

Invest in Otisburg.

• Like 1

"Things are funny...are comedic, because they mix the real with the absurd." - Buzz Aldrin.

"P-O-T-A-T-O-E" - Dan Quayle

Carry some kind of defense weapon...In case you suddenly find yourself in a less than ideal situation and you can't talk you way out of it or run away.  

Running away is the best solution while working at a school. Going to work with a weapon, would not only lose me my job, I'd probably be missing the release of Pillars of Eternity while sitting in jail.

• Like 1

I'm preparing to start a semester tomorrow, Monday and Wednesday from 1-7. Will still have work 30+ hours a week, but I should be able to manage.

"Akiva Goldsman and Alex Kurtzman run the 21st century version of MK ULTRA." - majestic

"I'm gonna hunt you down so that I can slap you square in the mouth." - Bartimaeus

"Without individual thinking you can't notice the plot holes." - InsaneCommander

"Just feed off the suffering of gamers." - Malcador

"You are calling my taste crap." -Hurlshort

"thankfully it seems like the creators like Hungary less this time around." - Sarex

"Don't forget the wakame, dumbass" -Keyrock

"Are you trolling or just being inadvertently nonsensical?' -Pidesco

"we have already been forced to admit you are at least human" - uuuhhii

"I refuse to buy from non-woke businesses" - HoonDing

"feral camels are now considered a pest" - Gorth

"Melkathi is known to be an overly critical grumpy person" - Melkathi

"Oddly enough Sanderson was a lot more direct despite being a Mormon" - Zoraptor

"I found it greatly disturbing to scroll through my cartoon's halfing selection of genitalias." - Wormerine

"Am I phrasing in the most negative light for them? Yes, but it's not untrue." - ShadySands