What you did today

Gorth

Just finished an 18 mile hike and am seriously in hate with all mountains* right now. My whole body is a bruise.

*excepting Gregor Clegane

You know I bet you're the only poster on this board who's ever climbed Mt. Motherfu--er. And you probably ran up it with a pack and rifle I'm guessing.

No sir, not the only one. 

I was also at Pendleton in 1991. January through to April for training and SOI. I live now within a few miles of the base. Once in a while I can hear (more like feel) ordnance. 

• Like 3

All Stop. On Screen.

Just finished an 18 mile hike and am seriously in hate with all mountains* right now. My whole body is a bruise.

You know I bet you're the only poster on this board who's ever climbed Mt. Motherfu--er. And you probably ran up it with a pack and rifle I'm guessing.

I was also at Pendleton in 1991. January through to April for training and SOI. I live now within a few miles of the base. Once in a while I can hear (more like feel) ordnance. 

No kidding? I did not know that. Or I forgot if I did. I stand corrected then my Brother!

• Like 1

"While it is true you learn with age, the down side is what you often learn is what a damn fool you were before"

Thomas Sowell

No kidding? I did not know that. Or I forgot if I did. I stand corrected then my Brother!

I also didn't know that, I am aware of the other members on this forum, like you and Shady, who were in the Marines but I don't recall Manifest ever mentioning that. I only know he use to be a Mormon

"Abashed the devil stood and felt how awful goodness is and saw Virtue in her shape how lovely: and pined his loss”

John Milton 

"We don't stop playing because we grow old; we grow old because we stop playing.” -  George Bernard Shaw

"What counts in life is not the mere fact that we have lived. It is what difference we have made to the lives of others that will determine the significance of the life we lead" - Nelson Mandela

Back from visiting family and back to the grind.

Trying to cut back the food my little kitteh is eating so he stops being a big kitteh.

• Like 1

Victor of the 5 year fan fic competition!

Kevin Butler will awesome your face off.

Writing on keyboard with both hands again. It's like my right hand is supporting my left hand with two fingers. But doesn't matter. Speed increased already, which is awesome. Still, it will take many more weeks till my right hand will be just barely how it was before the accident. Actually I am a bit scared that I won't get all of my old dexterity back.

Edited by Lexx

"only when you no-life you can exist forever, because what does not live cannot die."

Trying to cut back the food my little kitteh is eating so he stops being a big kitteh.

:cat:  is he chubby, can you post a pic or two?

"Abashed the devil stood and felt how awful goodness is and saw Virtue in her shape how lovely: and pined his loss”

John Milton 

"We don't stop playing because we grow old; we grow old because we stop playing.” -  George Bernard Shaw

"What counts in life is not the mere fact that we have lived. It is what difference we have made to the lives of others that will determine the significance of the life we lead" - Nelson Mandela

I got a new cough syrup yesterday... and found out that I am apparently extremely susceptible to codeine (and all the other **** in it), to the point where I've been getting closed-eye hallucinations on the very moderate dosage I am on. And an anxiety attack last evening.

So, I've done the only sane thing possible, and started a Californication marathon while I am at it.

• Like 2

You're a cheery wee bugger, Nep. Have I ever said that?

ahyes.gifReapercussionsahyes.gif

I got a new cough syrup yesterday... and found out that I am apparently extremely susceptible to codeine (and all the other **** in it), to the point where I've been getting closed-eye hallucinations on the very moderate dosage I am on. And an anxiety attack last evening.

So, I've done the only sane thing possible, and started a Californication marathon while I am at it.

Got to be honest but  that sounds f****g terrible, you definitely have an ability to convincingly  describe how horrendous a situation can be :p

John Milton 

oooh yeeah! I just reached the point with the monkey and auto-erotic asphyxiation. Strange episode..

Fortune favors the bald.

Today I forced myself to eat vegetables and fruits. Really, I'm always preaching how important a healthy diet is yet my own diet sucks so hard I'm wondering every day why I'm still not suffering from severe scurvy.  :getlost:

• Like 1

I gazed at the dead, and for one dark moment I saw a banquet. 

Today I forced myself to eat vegetables and fruits. Really, I'm always preaching how important a healthy diet is yet my own diet sucks so hard I'm wondering every day why I'm still not suffering from severe scurvy.  :getlost:

What !!! You mean you normally don't eat fruits and veg...so what do you normally eat?

John Milton 

Dealing with a client that is sending me screencaptures of emails rather than just forwarding me them. Strange people, we deal with. Planning to skip off work early to get started on my cleaning.

Why has elegance found so little following? Elegance has the disadvantage that hard work is needed to achieve it and a good education to appreciate it. - Edsger Wybe Dijkstra

What !!! You mean you normally don't eat fruits and veg...so what do you normally eat?

I get my proteins from the graveyard.

Not really fresh but I guess you can't beat the price

"While it is true you learn with age, the down side is what you often learn is what a damn fool you were before"

Thomas Sowell

Not really fresh but I guess you can't beat the price

In difficult times like these you have to be creative to stay fed. Remember when we used to eat the homeless? No blasted digging. Ah, the good old days....

Edited by Woldan

I behaved like a global citizen and ate Taco Bell along with a healthy side of whiskey. Alcohol brings peace to us all. Except for the ones who it doesn't. Rhetorically, of course, I don't wish to implicate myself in any crimes.

Edited by AGX-17

That's ok AGX. I wouldn't trust a man whose never tied one on and gotten in a brawl at least once.

Thomas Sowell

I drove about 20 miles in the company bus...

With the exhaust pipe dragging along the ground because the coat hanger that held it up broke when I parked... with nine people in the van.

Victor of the 5 year fan fic competition!

Kevin Butler will awesome your face off.

Have just had a few days in Austria. So I can see your point about the food.

Yeah, our graveyards are deluxe. Where have you been? 

Anyway, today I feel like a manly alpha male. ;) Been sighting in two rifles at the shooting range, also beat two shooters which were shooting their high end scoped rifles with my iron-sighted WWII rifles at 100 meters. And now its time to move some heavy objects, its chest day, 130kg bench press, heavy incline and decline presses as well. 

And later I'm going to play Wolfenstein:Enemy Territory on my favorite server. 

Edited by Woldan

I have a packed weekend of events, this afternoon I'm going to a restaurant called Eisbein & Co to eat some good German food. Then I have a braai (barbeque ) in the early evening and then its one of my lady friends birthday celebration so I'm off to a really good club called Movida for shooters and further drinks :dancing:

http://www.movida.co.za/

I expect to be very hangover tomorrow :x

• Like 1

John Milton