What you did today

Gorth

I planted pumpkins in the garden last month. They are really coming along! Today I'm cleaning out the rabbit cages, playing with Sunny & Tommy and tonight I'm taking my wife out for dinner. Gonna be a good day.

"While it is true you learn with age, the down side is what you often learn is what a damn fool you were before"

Thomas Sowell

Another record falls at Old Trafford :lol:

Why has elegance found so little following? Elegance has the disadvantage that hard work is needed to achieve it and a good education to appreciate it. - Edsger Wybe Dijkstra

Have gone completely insane. Priorities upside down. Needs replaced by pre-orders. Was getting tired of "food" and "gas" anyway.  

Dualshock 4 Wave Blue edition drops Tuesday, Glacier White on Sep. 9, Urban Camouflage Sep. 30. Magma Red still to be released for North America.  

e9798031-b41e-4296-bcbb-3b25ea97bd0e_zps

5dbb94e4-fd23-4bbb-8718-173bd19449f4_zps

8aad1279-ff9f-4d0e-9970-6d045ca73903_zps

All Stop. On Screen.

Right, I'm up with the dawn to head off to Tough Mudder today. If I survive the general insanity and mud of the day.. I'll let you'all know.

• Like 5

"Cuius testiculos habeas, habeas cardia et cerebellum."

I've got the day off, so I think I will give Preacher a re-read and play videogames in my undies. Would do more, but am spent and hungover from the last two nights.

"Akiva Goldsman and Alex Kurtzman run the 21st century version of MK ULTRA." - majestic

"I'm gonna hunt you down so that I can slap you square in the mouth." - Bartimaeus

"Without individual thinking you can't notice the plot holes." - InsaneCommander

"Just feed off the suffering of gamers." - Malcador

"You are calling my taste crap." -Hurlshort

"thankfully it seems like the creators like Hungary less this time around." - Sarex

"Don't forget the wakame, dumbass" -Keyrock

"Are you trolling or just being inadvertently nonsensical?' -Pidesco

"we have already been forced to admit you are at least human" - uuuhhii

"I refuse to buy from non-woke businesses" - HoonDing

"feral camels are now considered a pest" - Gorth

"Melkathi is known to be an overly critical grumpy person" - Melkathi

"Oddly enough Sanderson was a lot more direct despite being a Mormon" - Zoraptor

"I found it greatly disturbing to scroll through my cartoon's halfing selection of genitalias." - Wormerine

"Am I phrasing in the most negative light for them? Yes, but it's not untrue." - ShadySands

I have returned.

11.5 miles, 20 obstacles completed. Showered and sitting down finally with a fresh cup of tea.

I will also state for the record, that Arctic Enema is a biyiitch.

http://youtu.be/Z-HG32z9hz4

Note, for our version of Arctic Enema, it was mud brown and it wasn't a "board".. it was a row of bloody tractor tires you had to submerge under and move past...

• Like 5

Actually making some headway in a applying for a job that pays marginally more than my current one, but seems to be as or more sucky in terms of environment than mine. Feh.

Why has elegance found so little following? Elegance has the disadvantage that hard work is needed to achieve it and a good education to appreciate it. - Edsger Wybe Dijkstra

Been having a really persistent cold... still spent a large part of last night coughing, even if I'm at work now - in full-on zombie mode, though.

You're a cheery wee bugger, Nep. Have I ever said that?

ahyes.gifReapercussionsahyes.gif

Just finished an 18 mile hike and am seriously in hate with all mountains* right now. My whole body is a bruise.

*excepting Gregor Clegane

You know I bet you're the only poster on this board who's ever climbed Mt. Motherfu--er. And you probably ran up it with a pack and rifle I'm guessing.

"While it is true you learn with age, the down side is what you often learn is what a damn fool you were before"

Thomas Sowell

Just finished an 18 mile hike and am seriously in hate with all mountains* right now. My whole body is a bruise.

You know I bet you're the only poster on this board who's ever climbed Mt. Motherfu--er. And you probably ran up it with a pack and rifle I'm guessing.

We had the Fields of Death, to crawl across. One of the few things that sucked less in the winter (while it was -26c, the snow cushioned the rocks). :p

• Like 1

Tried to do some stretching today, but frankly.. "ow".

My hips and upper thighs are firmly in the painful stage, one knee keeps locking up stiff, I've got a bunch of bruises that are developing into some impressive patterns and colours, and it's surprising how awkward it can be to move around. Even when laying down to shift and change position can send spikes of ache and  pain out from various locations.

I've been told I'm walking like a slightly drunk John Wayne. I think it might be time to take some more ibuprofen.

Went to the theatre in Hangzhou tonight where we watched the Night Of West Lake show. Totally amazing. Packed theatre and our group had the two front rows. I managed to get pretty much all the show on video camera. My partner and I was also part of it where some of the actors came off stage in the middle of a segment where they offered eight members of the audience tea which was part of the show.

I've blocked out nearly all of my time at Pendleton but l can gladly say that I never had to go all the way to the top of that particular beast

I never wanted to go hiking or camping for some years after that 

• Like 3

Free games updated 3/4/21

I've blocked out nearly all of my time at Pendleton but l can gladly say that I never had to go all the way to the top of that particular beast

What are you guys  talking about? Some kind of marine training exercise?

"Abashed the devil stood and felt how awful goodness is and saw Virtue in her shape how lovely: and pined his loss”

John Milton 

"We don't stop playing because we grow old; we grow old because we stop playing.” -  George Bernard Shaw

"What counts in life is not the mere fact that we have lived. It is what difference we have made to the lives of others that will determine the significance of the life we lead" - Nelson Mandela

Marine boot camp.

Interesting, so what is the relevance of Pendleton? Is that a mountain that is part of the training, do you have to camp on it or climb parts of it?

"Abashed the devil stood and felt how awful goodness is and saw Virtue in her shape how lovely: and pined his loss”

John Milton 

"We don't stop playing because we grow old; we grow old because we stop playing.” -  George Bernard Shaw

"What counts in life is not the mere fact that we have lived. It is what difference we have made to the lives of others that will determine the significance of the life we lead" - Nelson Mandela

Haha, while I got off easy (even comparatively, Civilian Affairs), I haven 't slept a night outdoors in these past 10 years. Been thinking about it for a couple of months now :D
  • Like 2

Downloading the PoE beta now. There goes the last week before I start a new semester.

• Like 1

"Akiva Goldsman and Alex Kurtzman run the 21st century version of MK ULTRA." - majestic

"I'm gonna hunt you down so that I can slap you square in the mouth." - Bartimaeus

"Without individual thinking you can't notice the plot holes." - InsaneCommander

"Just feed off the suffering of gamers." - Malcador

"You are calling my taste crap." -Hurlshort

"thankfully it seems like the creators like Hungary less this time around." - Sarex

"Don't forget the wakame, dumbass" -Keyrock

"Are you trolling or just being inadvertently nonsensical?' -Pidesco

"we have already been forced to admit you are at least human" - uuuhhii

"I refuse to buy from non-woke businesses" - HoonDing

"feral camels are now considered a pest" - Gorth

"Melkathi is known to be an overly critical grumpy person" - Melkathi

"Oddly enough Sanderson was a lot more direct despite being a Mormon" - Zoraptor

"I found it greatly disturbing to scroll through my cartoon's halfing selection of genitalias." - Wormerine

"Am I phrasing in the most negative light for them? Yes, but it's not untrue." - ShadySands

Downloading the PoE beta now. There goes the last week before I start a new semester.

Man, I envy you! Have fun! 

What I did today: shoulder and triceps day! Heavy military presses, in the end I was pressing 72 kilograms 6 reps slowly and with perfect form with no support of any kind, just the barbell and I.  ;) I love this exercise more than any other, it just feels so great. 

Edited by Woldan

I gazed at the dead, and for one dark moment I saw a banquet. 

What are you guys  talking about? Some kind of marine training exercise?

It's Marine Corps Boot Camp. Since Shady is from west of the Mississippi he went to MCRD San Diego and then to Camp Pendleton. Thirteen weeks of sun & fun in southern California with three charming tour guides to make sure you have a good time.. I was from east of the Mississippi so I went to Parris Island. That was thirteen weeks of sun, fun and sand (lots of that) in the glorious Carolina coastland with three charming tour guides to make sure you have a good time.

Although the training is exactly the same it is actually a very different experience due to the difference of geography. It is a running debate amongst Marines which experience is tougher. The truth is they both have their challenges. We called the west coast guys Hollywood Marines. If they have a term for the Parris Island Marines I've forgotten it.

• Like 1

Thomas Sowell

Marine boot camp.

Interesting, so what is the relevance of Pendleton? Is that a mountain that is part of the training, do you have to camp on it or climb parts of it?

Mt. Motherf----r and Old Smokey are two hills in the San Onfree training area that are used for PT and forced march and infantry training. Mt. Motherf----r is shorter but longer than Old Smokey. I believe it's considered to be the worst of the two. Old smokey is taller and a near vertical climb but you get to the top quicker.

I've never run up either but I did drive by them once when I was stationed at Camp Pendleton briefly in 1991.

• Like 2

Thomas Sowell