What you did today

Rosbjerg

Collected about 500 grams of redcurrants from my garden. Tasty! 

berries_zps6c657428.jpg

Trying to find more information about Schumacher, but everyone around him are like clams, nothing gets out!

Anyhow, I was 95% sure he would die (read his old doctor's blog, he said the same). So happy he's hanging on!

I feel so sorry for him, I've been a great Schumi fan but the latest news about his condition is that he ''reacts'' to his wife with his eyes. Lets stay realistic,he  suffered from severe brain damage and he was in a coma for 6 months, he will be mentally disabled for the rest of his life and probably never speak, communicate or walk again.

Edited by Woldan
  • Like 2

I gazed at the dead, and for one dark moment I saw a banquet. 

graduated from college in may. 

Does this make anyone else feel old?

Congrats Krook!

... And I'm sadly still in school v.v

I should be done in december though but what I'm going to do after I have not a clue.

:lol:  That's not helping Calax! I Remember YOU as a HS kid too!

As for what you are going to do how's this career path for a political science major: you wind working as a paid staffer for a State Rep back home in California (democrat of course). He'll get elected to Congress and take you along. Next thing you know he moves on to the Senate and you are running for his seat, and you win. You are full of ideals about how government can help people. Then 10 years go by. You're filthy rich because you've been taking bribes the whole time and stealing from taxpayers. You've been banging on of your 19 year old staffers but that's ok because your wife despises you now anyway and is spending your money as fast as you can steal it. Finally you move on from the 19 year old to an even hotter 20 year old that was answering phones during your last campaign. The 19 year old gets pissed and goes to the Washington Post with details of your affair and your financial dealings. It's a huge scandal but the House Majority Leader refuses to investigate because you are the same  party as they are. But your constituents vote you out of office anyway and your wife divorces you. But that's ok because you were stealing taxpayer money from slush funds and hiding it off shore and it makes a nice supplement to your $200k post-elected office lobbyist job convincing congress to cut down the Redwood National Forest. Proving that politics is a hideous bitch-goddess that turns good people into bad ones and idealists into hypocrites!

:lol:  I'm joking of course. But given your education and intelligence why don't you consider politics? It beats working for a living!

I was never in HS while on this board... I did join in 2005 at the age of 19... and I'm 28 now.

And I wouldn't have enough backbone or "swagger" to be a politician. Instead I'll just take my History major/Poli Sci minor and wander off wonder wtf I'm gonna do in 6 months.

Also, I've been having a nasty arrhythmia today within my heart.

Edited by Calax

Victor of the 5 year fan fic competition!

Kevin Butler will awesome your face off.

Since it was a sunny day..  I waited until night had fallen to take out a bunch of old paperwork that needed to be disposed off, some limbs that had to be lopped off the beech tree, and set fire to it all. Whilst sitting back in a lounger, looking at the stars in the sky and having Two Steps From Hell cycling through play and echoing around the garden.

• Like 1

"Cuius testiculos habeas, habeas cardia et cerebellum."

Another one bit the dust at work. Rest of us are like the ones who don't notice the fire below :lol:

Why has elegance found so little following? Elegance has the disadvantage that hard work is needed to achieve it and a good education to appreciate it. - Edsger Wybe Dijkstra

Resistance is futile, give in to the jealousy, desperation and frustration! Those berries were so good, I ate them with cake and a glass of milk! Your cannot imagine the incredibly tasty refreshing berry flavor! It tasted of sweet fruit sugar, tons of Vitamin C and sunshine. Give in, be angry, despair, feel the pain! 

(I need to recharge my negative-energy batteries dammit )  

• Like 2

I was never in HS while on this board... I did join in 2005 at the age of 19... and I'm 28 now.

And I wouldn't have enough backbone or "swagger" to be a politician

I stand corrected. But back bone certainly is no requirement for politicians. In fact few successful ones possess one at all.

"While it is true you learn with age, the down side is what you often learn is what a damn fool you were before"

Thomas Sowell

Got my hair cut.  Nothing unusual happened until the hairdresser decided to flirt the living hell out of me. She asked me tons of stuff about my holidays and what I do for a living, several times she stroked my head in a totally unmistakable manner and just awkwardly smiled and stared at me when swapping scissors/trimmers. It was obvious even to me.

Then later at the counter a few other hairdressers gathered and just gazed and smiled. Unfortunately I was stuck in WTF-mode so I was kind of wooden and didn't take advantage of the situation. Fortunately my hair grows really fast.... ;)

Don't know what happened, never happened to me before in that particular shop. Must have been my new aftershave.  Or my new exercise routine. :grin:

• Like 3

Got my hair cut.  Nothing unusual happened until the hairdresser decided to flirt the living hell out of me. She asked me tons of stuff about my holidays and what I do for a living, several times she stroked my head in a totally unmistakable manner and just awkwardly smiled and stared at me when swapping scissors/trimmers. It was obvious even to me.

Then later at the counter a few other hairdressers gathered and just gazed and smiled. Unfortunately I was stuck in WTF-mode so I was kind of wooden and didn't take advantage of the situation. Fortunately my hair grows really fast.... ;)

Don't know what happened, never happened to me before in that particular shop. Must have been my new aftershave.  Or my new exercise routine. :grin:

Woldan why don't you ask her out for dinner and get to know her better?

"Abashed the devil stood and felt how awful goodness is and saw Virtue in her shape how lovely: and pined his loss”

John Milton 

"We don't stop playing because we grow old; we grow old because we stop playing.” -  George Bernard Shaw

"What counts in life is not the mere fact that we have lived. It is what difference we have made to the lives of others that will determine the significance of the life we lead" - Nelson Mandela

I was thinking about asking her out but to be perfectly honest, I'm simply not interested in a perusing a relationship at the moment and I don't need anybody to waste my time with. 

"relationship"? "waste my time"?

You look like a chiseled Greek god, she kept touching you and this is what you think she wants?

• Like 3

Swedes, go to: Spel2, for the latest game reviews in swedish!

And for the forseeable future I feel like I have no real purpose or reason. So I shall be examining my options inside a bottle of Rum and copious amounts of different colas.

TTFN.

• Like 1

You look like a chiseled Greek god, she kept touching you and this is what you think she wants?

You know there is more than just one kind of relationship? 

What I did and I am still doing: ordering stuff for the impeding adventure tour on Iceland. Still need a sleeping bag, the zipper of my old doesn't close properly anymore. The problem is that I can only take essential stuff with me, cabin luggage only! Weight AND space is very limited. This is more challenging than I anticipated.

Can't wait to get there, I want to see lava how it flows into the ocean, I want to see geysers and sulfur wells, I want to take a bath in hot springs, see subarctic vegetation and experience ''white nights''!  Maybe I even get to see a polar bear. So much awesome.   :w00t:

Edited by Woldan

And for the forseeable future I feel like I have no real purpose or reason. So I shall be examining my options inside a bottle of Rum and copious amounts of different colas.

TTFN.

Sounds like your purpose is to be Max Payne.

• Like 1

Why has elegance found so little following? Elegance has the disadvantage that hard work is needed to achieve it and a good education to appreciate it. - Edsger Wybe Dijkstra

Yeah, exactly. The best parts of a relationship should be with someone you don't have a relationship with. 

Edit: forgot to divulge what I did today. Picked up a long box for comics, finally, along with a ream of backer cards for some floppies. This whole collecting thing is a fun and rewarding endeavor. Collecting just to have fun and enjoy, I mean. If some girl strokes my hair at the comic shop, I sure as hell won't say no. 

Edited by ManifestedISO

All Stop. On Screen.

TTFN.

Sounds like your purpose is to be Max Payne.

With less boom boom more mope mope.

So what are you gonna do when they start making out? Hug a pillow? Make a sad face? 

I'm thinking about frowning disapprovingly. Think that might work? :D

They specifically formed the party to your tastes and you still don't want to go?

Well, yeah, as I said, it's going to be 4 couples there! 4 couples and alcohol, what can go wrong? :p

My friends are awesome people, but two of the girls happen to be sisters, and they're not exactly happy about that crossover.

Go. Its not like you can't leave if you're not having fun.

Unless its, like, a kidnapping themed party or something.

Heh, it might aswell be since it's going to be held on midsummers eve 60 km away, so it's kind of hard to leave at that point. ;)

I wouldn't go to the party, in my experience when friends come to parties with their partners they're completely different people (less fun), and if you are the only single you're going to get kind of sidelined which then becomes boring and/or awkward. YMMV

I'm not terribly worried about them being different people, since we have all met at the same time and such, just not with alcohol involved and I was'nt the... uhm... ninth wheel? I'm pretty certain that I will be sidelined though as you said.

Civilization, in fact, grows more and more maudlin and hysterical; especially under democracy it tends to degenerate into a mere combat of crazes; the whole aim of practical politics is to keep the populace alarmed (and hence clamorous to be led to safety) by menacing it with an endless series of hobgoblins, most of them imaginary. - H.L. Mencken

I'm thinking about frowning disapprovingly. Think that might work? :D

Oh yeah, thats a good idea. Also don't forget to cross your arms and stare at walls like an upset schoolgirl when the love happens. :grin:

• Like 1

Something strange just happened. Yesterday just before going to bed I turned on the lights in the staircase and it went ''POPP'' and the lights were out. The protect switch engaged automatically. Disengaged the safety switch, lights didn't work anymore, I assumed that an electrical surge killed the light bulbs and/or wiring. Happened before.  Since it was late I didn't bother, grabbed a flashlight and went to bed.

Now I wanted to change the light bulbs and check for damage and ta-da! - they all work. 

What the hell happened yesterday?  :blink:

Edited by Woldan

^Here I'd have figured you'd diagnose light-bulb cancer.

Could the surge have knocked out power in your house and somewhere down the line outside of the house?  In that scenario when you fixed the breaker you still wouldn't have been getting power at night but would once the power company fixed the power coming into the house.

Or was it only the lights affected?  I've had single bulbs partially break their filament and work hours after popping, but unless your lights were strung in some sort of bizarre series that wouldn't explain anything.

• Like 2

I cannot - yet I must. How do you calculate that? At what point on the graph do "must" and "cannot" meet? Yet I must - but I cannot! ~ Ro-Man

Only the lights in the staircase were affected, everything else had power. I could imagine one possessed light bulb or lamp going crazy for a few minutes but I have two lamps in the staircase, one with 5 light bulbs. None of them worked when I deactivated the safety switch.    :blink:

But I've witnessed many very very strange electric failures in the past couple of years, especially with clocks and lamps. I already have the nickname ''bulb buster'' because I'm holding a record (with a huge lead) in busting bulbs when turning on the lights. Once I walked past a lamp and all of a sudden the light bulb shot out and hit the floor right in front of my feet, missing me by mere centimeters. The bulb socket was still in the lamp. 

Guess I'd never get a  job in a power station. :w00t:

Edited by Woldan

Yes, a circuit breaker for the staircase only. It engaged automatically with the typical sound of a light bulb exploding. I disengaged the circuit breaker and none of the lights worked except one lamp outside next to the entrance door. Tried the switch several times, nothing happened. I assumed that all the light bulbs went to hell. 

Now everything works fine, the bulbs and the lamps too. 

What could cause a temporary electrical problem? 

Edited by Woldan

The only thing I can think of is; circuit breakers, when tripped, usually require you to move the switch all the way to the off position to reset, before switching back to the on position. Maybe you didn't move it all the way off the first time you tried resetting it? 

Or light bulb cancer.