RANDOM VIDEO GAME NEWS

Street Fighter 5 and Pay-2-win.

Really.

No, I'm serious. REALLY

"We'd like to steer away from making the next game such that skilled players will win, but unskilled players will lose almost instantaneously," Tsujimoto said.

Hit the jump to read more on what the Capcom president and COO has to say about Street Fighter 5.

As a means to achieve that (prevent unskilled players from losing instantaneously), Capcom is looking into possibly implementing some kind of pay-for-advantage system in Street Fighter 5 that will allow new players to cover for their lack of skill in matches.

Edit: Yoshinori Ono denying this in twitter

Edited by Nordicus

GTA V coming to PC (Steam) in the fall. http://www.rockstargames.com/V/news

Oh my hat !!!!  :dancing:  :dancing:  :dancing:

I cannot tell you how excited I am that GTA V is finally coming to PC !!!

This is the best PC news I have heard in ages

"Abashed the devil stood and felt how awful goodness is and saw Virtue in her shape how lovely: and pined his loss”

John Milton 

"We don't stop playing because we grow old; we grow old because we stop playing.” -  George Bernard Shaw

"What counts in life is not the mere fact that we have lived. It is what difference we have made to the lives of others that will determine the significance of the life we lead" - Nelson Mandela

I find it amusing how our paladin of goodness can't wait to steal cars, murder people and who knows what.

Don't forget using the services of hookers and driving people over in the streets, I typically play a hard core gangster type in GTA games with very little respect for law :aiee:

• Like 1

"Abashed the devil stood and felt how awful goodness is and saw Virtue in her shape how lovely: and pined his loss”

John Milton 

"We don't stop playing because we grow old; we grow old because we stop playing.” -  George Bernard Shaw

"What counts in life is not the mere fact that we have lived. It is what difference we have made to the lives of others that will determine the significance of the life we lead" - Nelson Mandela

I find it amusing how our paladin of goodness can't wait to steal cars, murder people and who knows what.

Don't forget using the services of hookers and driving people over in the streets, I typically play a hard core gangster type in GTA games with very little respect for law :aiee:

But I'm sure you  don't factor in race, gender or religion into who you steal cars from, who you murder, who you drive over or what hookers you use so that you're still a bastion of (lawless) equality. :biggrin:

• Like 1

I cannot - yet I must. How do you calculate that? At what point on the graph do "must" and "cannot" meet? Yet I must - but I cannot! ~ Ro-Man

But I'm sure you  don't factor in race, gender or religion into who you steal cars from, who you murder, who you drive over or what hookers you use so that you're still a bastion of (lawless) equality. :biggrin:

:lol:

100 % correct

John Milton 

Oh Japan, never stop being Japan:

http://www.destructoid.com/cuddle-up-with-your-own-alpaca-lover-in-pacaplus-headed-to-steam-276510.phtml

We brought you Hatoful Boyfriend, so you could experience love with pigeons. And now we bring you PacaPlus, so you can get it on with your alpaca girlfriend. Isn't she the cutest thing you've ever seen? Spending time with her will be easier than ever, as PacoProject's cult hit PacaPlus visual novel is making its way to Steam.

Sekai Project (World End Economica) broke the news on Wednesday that PacaPlus will be available on the digital distribution platform in the future, but a limited number of physical copies will be available at Anime Expo, where customers who pick up a copy of the game will also receive one of two clear file folders.

PacaPlus tells the story of one Kazuma Saeki, who's got a cute girlfriend, plenty of friends, and lots to be appreciative of...until one day, on the way home from theme Alpaca Kingdom, he discovers his girlfriend Yukari has been transformed into an alpaca. It's your job to get acclimated to life with a fluffy alpaca as well as figuring out what exactly happened to her.

Trust me. You're going to want to play this when it finally hits Steam.

:lol:

Edited by Keyrock
  • Like 1

sky_twister_suzu.gif.bca4b31c6a14735a9a4b5a279a428774.gif
🇺🇸RFK Jr 2024🇺🇸

"Any organization created out of fear must create fear to survive." - Bill Hicks

Funnily, I find my very rare censorious streak hoving into view when it comes to GTA.

I think it's a disgusting, morally contemptible and nasty little franchise. I can see why other folks love it, but personally it makes me feel a little queasy.

• Like 1

sonsofgygax.JPG

For exactly the same reasons, I wouldn't touch the GTA franchise with a stick. There's something deliciously despicable about it all, but I had to draw the line somewhere.

*** "The words of someone who feels ever more the ent among saplings when playing CRPGs" ***

For exactly the same reasons, I wouldn't touch the GTA franchise with a stick. There's something deliciously despicable about it all, but I had to draw the line somewhere.

Okay that worries me when someone of your reasonable and modest temperament also says that won't touch the franchise. If you don't mind explaining what are the issue you have with the GTA games?

John Milton 

Funnily, I find my very rare censorious streak hoving into view when it comes to GTA.

I think it's a disgusting, morally contemptible and nasty little franchise. I can see why other folks love it, but personally it makes me feel a little queasy.

I sort of feel that way about GTA4, because Niko is such a despicable, unlikable character, with almost no redeeming qualities.  GTA3 had The Mute, so basically no character whatsoever.  It's part of the reason the game doesn't hold up at all, in my opinion.  GTA: Vice City and San Andreas had, in my opinion, likable protagonists, which helped me immensely in enjoying those games and getting past the horrible stuff I wound up doing.  Tommy was a lowlife scumbag, but he was a cartoonish scumbag and he was funny.  CJ seemed like a somewhat decent dude that was legitimately trying to do the right thing.  Niko was just a scumbag, but less cartoonish than Tommy and without Tommy's great sense of humor (Niko's jokes always fell flat for me).  It may be weird or even "wrong" justifying shooting a whole bunch of people and driving over hookers on account of the character I'm playing being likable, but there you go.  It is what it is.

Edited by Keyrock
  • Like 1

sky_twister_suzu.gif.bca4b31c6a14735a9a4b5a279a428774.gif
🇺🇸RFK Jr 2024🇺🇸

"Any organization created out of fear must create fear to survive." - Bill Hicks

BruceVC: I rarely play games that are more or less realistic and packaged in wrappings that almost fade effortlessly into our own present world, if that makes sense. I mean, I do play nasty games - horror, alternative history FPS, zombies and gore - but for some reason I draw the line when I get the vibe that I'm enjoying some sadistic/violent crime spree in an environment much like one of ours today, here and now. I'm mainly an escapist, and not at all one for trying out alternative life styles in this world we live in, especially not those of thugs and drug lords. I think I am too sissy, traditional or morally rigid for something like that. Goat Simulator was almost too much already, since it was a here-and-now-environment, and the goat itself was very real indeed. Luckily, the game had the redeeming quality of being like a whack-a-mole. It all screamed "just for fun and show" from the get-go. :)

Edited by IndiraLightfoot
  • Like 1

*** "The words of someone who feels ever more the ent among saplings when playing CRPGs" ***

BruceVC: I rarely play games that are more or less realistic and packaged in wrappings that almost fade effortlessly into our own present world, if that makes sense. I mean, I do play nasty games - horror, alternative history FPS, zombies and gore - but for some reason I draw the line when I get the vibe that I'm enjoying some sadistic/violent crime spree in an environment much like one of ours today, here and now. I'm mainly an escapist, and not at all one for trying out alternative life styles in this world we live in, especially not those of thugs and drug lords. I think I am to sissy, traditional or morally rigid for something like that. Goat Simulator was almost too much already, since it was a here-and-now-environment, and the goat itself was very real indeed. Luckily, the game had the redeeming quality of being like a whack-a-mole. It all screamed "just for fun and show" from the get-go. :)

Okay that makes sense, I can see from your perspective why you aren't that comfortable playing a game like GTA. For me I enjoy the pseudo- realism of the cities and cultures, like the hilarious radio stations that you can listen to that create a parody of issues that  our modern society grapples with. I have heard some of the funniest things I have ever heard in my life on those shows, like Martin talk show that you can tune into :biggrin:  

John Milton 

The footage might be around 9+ months old and there have been major improvements/changes since then, but yup, that's Bloodborne

Pushing up PS4 on my console priority list past WiiU. Sorry Xenoblade Chronicles X and Wonderful 101

Bloodborne: Oh, The Incredible Adventures of van Helsing in 3D FP. Good, good! *Rubs hands together fiendishly*

Granted, we still know little about Bloodborne, but we do already know that it's going to be a very different beast in terms of how gameplay and storytelling and even the art direction are handled. That said, yeah, they draw from the same well.

• Like 1

Far Cry 4 gameplay

I gotta admit, trampling dudes while riding an elephant looks really fun.

Yeah creating carnage on the elephant does look fun. I also like the usage of the crossbow. FC4 looks good, very good

John Milton 

The rodentary gentleman may be relieved to know Nintendo acknowledged Metroid fans by saying 3D and 2D versions are in early planning stages. 

So it has been a while since we released the last one and we’re having discussions internally about what we can do next. So at this point we have two different types of Metroid games. We have the Prime style of Metroid game and we have the more traditional style of Metroid game. We feel that we do need to take care of both of these styles of play. And the hope is that at some point in the near future we’ll be able to share something about them.

• Like 1

All Stop. On Screen.