RANDOM VIDEO GAME NEWS

Xenonauts is officially finished and ready for your perusal. It's X-COM (No not that XCOM, the real X-COM) only in glorious high resolution with better air combat and a cold war aesthetic.     

OMG, I NED DAT GAIM NAU!!!111

No word about GoG version yet :(

Edited by Mamoulian War

Sent from my Stone Tablet, using Chisel-a-Talk 2000BC.

My youtube channel: MamoulianFH
Latest Let's Play Tales of Arise (completed)
Latest Bossfight Compilation Dark Souls Remastered - New Game (completed)

Let's Play/AAR Europa Universalis 1: Austria Grand Campaign (completed)
Let's Play/AAR Europa Universalis 2: Xhosa Grand Campaign (completed)
My PS Platinums and 100% - 29 games so far (my PSN profile)

1) God of War III - PS3 - 24+ hours

2) Final Fantasy XIII - PS3 - 130+ hours

3) White Knight Chronicles International Edition - PS3 - 525+ hours

4) Hyperdimension Neptunia - PS3 - 80+ hours

5) Final Fantasy XIII-2 - PS3 - 200+ hours

6) Tales of Xillia - PS3 - 135+ hours

7) Hyperdimension Neptunia mk2 - PS3 - 152+ hours

8.) Grand Turismo 6 - PS3 - 81+ hours (including Senna Master DLC)

9) Demon's Souls - PS3 - 197+ hours

10) Tales of Graces f - PS3 - 337+ hours

11) Star Ocean: The Last Hope International - PS3 - 750+ hours

12) Lightning Returns: Final Fantasy XIII - PS3 - 127+ hours

13) Soulcalibur V - PS3 - 73+ hours

14) Gran Turismo 5 - PS3 - 600+ hours

15) Tales of Xillia 2 - PS3 - 302+ hours

16) Mortal Kombat XL - PS4 - 95+ hours

17) Project CARS Game of the Year Edition - PS4 - 120+ hours

18) Dark Souls - PS3 - 197+ hours

19) Hyperdimension Neptunia Victory - PS3 - 238+ hours

20) Final Fantasy Type-0 - PS4 - 58+ hours

21) Journey - PS4 - 9+ hours

22) Dark Souls II - PS3 - 210+ hours

23) Fairy Fencer F - PS3 - 215+ hours

24) Megadimension Neptunia VII - PS4 - 160 hours

25) Super Neptunia RPG - PS4 - 44+ hours

26) Journey - PS3 - 22+ hours

27) Final Fantasy XV - PS4 - 263+ hours (including all DLCs)

28) Tales of Arise - PS4 - 111+ hours

29) Dark Souls: Remastered - PS4 - 121+ hours

Hoo boy, this thread is heading down this path YET AGAIN. *sigh* Allow me to leave this here and unsubscribe for at least a day while this runs its course.

Every thread must be dragged down. Maybe we should make a segregated forum for those posters?

That's one thing that is a constant  on these forums Gfted1, I know I can always rely on your support around issues of social justice. I would say you are probably your most vocal when it comes to the objectification of women in games and how female gamers feel they are victims of verbal abuse . But you are supportive on almost all issues around SJ we discuss :thumbsup:

"Abashed the devil stood and felt how awful goodness is and saw Virtue in her shape how lovely: and pined his loss”

John Milton 

"We don't stop playing because we grow old; we grow old because we stop playing.” -  George Bernard Shaw

"What counts in life is not the mere fact that we have lived. It is what difference we have made to the lives of others that will determine the significance of the life we lead" - Nelson Mandela

God, now some guy's video of virtual people getting gutshot is a social justice issue ? :lol:

• Like 2

Why has elegance found so little following? Elegance has the disadvantage that hard work is needed to achieve it and a good education to appreciate it. - Edsger Wybe Dijkstra

Guest Slinky

Xenonauts is officially finished and ready for your perusal. It's X-COM (No not that XCOM, the real X-COM) only in glorious high resolution with better air combat and a cold war aesthetic.     

I understand indie games are indie games because their budget is small, but I don't think that justifies using people who clearly can't draw for crap, those soldier mugshots look hideous.

Good news. I wasn't keen on jumping the early access boat because.... "early access".

Edited by Undecaf

Perkele, tiädäksää tuanoini!

"It's easier to tolerate idiots if you do not consider them as stupid people, but exceptionally gifted monkeys."

God, now some guy's video of virtual people getting gutshot is a social justice issue ? :lol:

My comment was funny hey Malc :lol:

Maybe you can then explain to me what Gfted1 meant when he said "Every thread must be dragged down"

Dragged down by what exactly ?

"Abashed the devil stood and felt how awful goodness is and saw Virtue in her shape how lovely: and pined his loss”

John Milton 

"We don't stop playing because we grow old; we grow old because we stop playing.” -  George Bernard Shaw

"What counts in life is not the mere fact that we have lived. It is what difference we have made to the lives of others that will determine the significance of the life we lead" - Nelson Mandela

I understand indie games are indie games because their budget is small, but I don't think that justifies using people who clearly can't draw for crap, those soldier mugshots look hideous.

I dunno, the ones on the website looked functional; maybe not spectacular but not hideous to me.

I cannot - yet I must. How do you calculate that? At what point on the graph do "must" and "cannot" meet? Yet I must - but I cannot! ~ Ro-Man

Guest Slinky

I dunno, the ones on the website looked functional; maybe not spectacular but not hideous to me.

4sf7ur.jpg

Maybe you can then explain to me what Gfted1 meant when he said "Every thread must be dragged down"

Dragged down by your insistence to see bogeymen everywhere and as evidenced by Keyrock and others reactions. Perhaps you can just make one thread, maybe in Way Off Topics, where you contain all of your issues with the world in one place instead of dragging every other thread into it? You don't have to of course, this is just me talking to you without my mod hat on, but it would be considerate to other posters and I know you live and breathe for that.

• Like 3

4sf7ur.jpg

Okay, how does someone using (photoshopping?) the botched restoration of Ecce Homo  reflect on the art style of the game since, as near as I can tell, the game isn't using Ecce Homo in the game or Cecilia Giménez on their art team? 

• Like 1

I cannot - yet I must. How do you calculate that? At what point on the graph do "must" and "cannot" meet? Yet I must - but I cannot! ~ Ro-Man

Guest Slinky

It demonstrates how widely sense of humour can vary amongst homo sapiens, if nothing else.

Sheesh, I just don't like the soldier avatars, that's all.

Dragged down by your insistence to see bogeymen everywhere and as evidenced by Keyrock and others reactions. Perhaps you can just make one thread, maybe in Way Off Topics, where you contain all of your issues with the world in one place instead of dragging every other thread into it? You don't have to of course, this is just me talking to you without my mod hat on, but it would be considerate to other posters and I know you live and breathe for that.

I appreciate you giving your personal opinion on topics, I have often defended the fact that I like the way the Mods on this forum get involved in discussions but obviously if you have to do your job as a Mod you do it. And I know you don't take my criticism of some of your comments personally, I know I don't when you criticize me

A couple of  points in response.

• The last serious discussion we had on  SJ issues was probably 2 weeks ago in the female gamers thread. And this thread was closed down which I feel was a mistake. So its a gross exaggeration to say " every discussion gets dragged down by SJ issues" This is simply hyperbole and not true
  • Also I'm sure you noticed I'm not the only one who enjoys discussion on SJ issues.  There are several people who chose to comment on this particular issue. I am sorry Keyrock has been inconvenienced by our discussion but once again these discussion are not frequent, people just think they
  • I think its an excellent idea to start a dedicated thread on SJ issues, I was going to start one but I was just waiting for a worthwhile topic
  • Finally in respect to this particular debate I only raised the issue of the Watch Dogs video because Malc posted a Kotaku link. I did not start the discussion but surely you can't expect people to not comment when someone posts an interesting or controversial link? I thought that was the purpose of a forum?
Edited by BruceVC

John Milton 

It demonstrates how widely sense of humour can vary amongst homo sapiens, if nothing else.

Sheesh, I just don't like the soldier avatars, that's all.

Okay, I honestly couldn't tell if you were joking, or if you'd been misled about the artstyle of the portraits (which seem to match the character looks on the inventory screen) by a photoshoping job so erred on the side of seriousness.

Understanding that it was a joke, I say "ha-ha!". :)

As a mod however I'll have to ask discussions in this thread to keep to Random Game News for now and any divergent discussions are more than welcome in their own thread.

Fortune favors the bald.

Watch Dogs (**** that underscore!!) sold 4 million in one week

I forgive them for their launch problems (that weren't so bad for me to begin with)!! I'm pretty sure no one foresaw such a gigantic success.

For me Its always good news when a company generates impressive revenue through sales of games. It bodes well for future games and development and that suits us all

John Milton 

Well, good for the people getting the money.  As for boding well for future games... heh.

Why has elegance found so little following? Elegance has the disadvantage that hard work is needed to achieve it and a good education to appreciate it. - Edsger Wybe Dijkstra

I forgive them for their launch problems (that weren't so bad for me to begin with)!! I'm pretty sure no one foresaw such a gigantic success.

I'm actually glad, WD is a good IP and a new one. I'd very much like to see  a sequel(and just a sequel) that does the game justice by not making the same mistakes. If Ubisoft Montreal record is anything to go by, they can pull it off.

I'd say the answer to that question is kind of like the answer to "who's the sucker in this poker game?"*

*If you can't tell, it's you. ;)

village_idiot.gif

Alleged Prey 2 concept documents were leaked last week, with it being basically a rebadged System Shock 3, by Arkane. Still some question as to whether they're actually making it, though it seems likely.

Which is kind of ironic, as Arkane were working on an actual System Shock 3 (obligatory concept art link) for EA that got canned in 2008- unsurprisingly, as SS3 would be seen as far too similar to Dead Space, which already had some pretty blatant similarities to System Shock 2, eg the hydroponics in DS is very similar to the original concept of hydroponics in SS2.

See, there is a market for bigots shooting minorities after all. Ca-ching!

• Like 2

"Some men see things as they are and say why?"
"I dream things that never were and say why not?"
- George Bernard Shaw

"Hope in reality is the worst of all evils because it prolongs the torments of man."
- Friedrich Nietzsche

"The amount of energy necessary to refute bull**** is an order of magnitude bigger than to produce it."

- Some guy 

Roberts produced something

Edited by Malcador