RANDOM VIDEO GAME NEWS

Bound By Flame Combat Trailer

This is all the industry is capable of anymore (this game, Witcher 3, DA:I, Two Worlds developers pirate game, Spider's new game, Risen 3, and likely plenty more that I haven't even heard of  -- all carved basically from the same wood). How profoundly boring.

Perkele, tiädäksää tuanoini!

"It's easier to tolerate idiots if you do not consider them as stupid people, but exceptionally gifted monkeys."

This is all the industry is capable of anymore (this game, Witcher 3, DA:I, Two Worlds developers pirate game, Spider's new game, Risen 3, and likely plenty more that I haven't even heard of  -- all carved basically from the same wood). How profoundly boring.

This is Spiders' new game.

sky_twister_suzu.gif.bca4b31c6a14735a9a4b5a279a428774.gif
🇺🇸RFK Jr 2024🇺🇸

"Any organization created out of fear must create fear to survive." - Bill Hicks

This is Spiders' new game.

Hah. This only goes to prove my point, I mixed it with Lords of the Fallen....

Yet, you'll buy at least half of them. L0L

Nah. Risen 3 and Witcher 3 have a chance (depending on several things), but the rest... nope.

Edited by Undecaf

"It's easier to tolerate idiots if you do not consider them as stupid people, but exceptionally gifted monkeys."

So, ASSuming you are telling the truth (I have my doubts) you named 5 games that you bashed yet you plan on buying 2 of them. That's 40%. L0L not quite 50% but still 40% is pretty high percentage for a list of games you trashed. HAHAHA!

Don't like them, don't buy them. This should be the rule for ALL consumers. All you do is help convince them that these games sell.

• Like 1

DWARVES IN PROJECT ETERNITY = VOLOURN HAS PLEDGED $250.

If my word isn't good enough for you, what can I say. Doubt away.

And it's 6 games since I mixed Lords of the Fallen with Bound by Flame. Oh dear, two of that still makes 33%. But I'm not planning on buying anything, I said those two games have a chance.

Them selling is no concern of mine. I vote plenty with my wallet, but me not buying **** games doesn't make better and more varied ones appear.

Edited by Undecaf

If my word isn't good enough for you, what can I say. Doubt away.

And it's 6 games since I mixed Lords of the Fallen with Bound by Flame. Oh dear, two of that still makes 33%. But I'm not planning on buying anything, I said those two games have a chance.

Them selling is no concern of mine. I vote plenty with my wallet, but me not buying **** games doesn't make better and more varied ones appear.

True, but it's making the ****ty ones disappear, which is kind of a win.

I'd say the answer to that question is kind of like the answer to "who's the sucker in this poker game?"*

*If you can't tell, it's you. ;)

village_idiot.gif

http://www.ccpgames.com/en/public-relations/press-releases/article/77171/ccp-games-halts-development-of-world-of-darkness-mmo/

CCP Games today announced that they have cancelled the World of Darkness massively multiplayer online (MMO) game project in development in their Atlanta, GA studio. 

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOONONONONOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOONONONO NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOONONONONOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOONONONO NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOONONONONOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOONONONO NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOONONONONOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOONONONO NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOONONONONOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOONONONO NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOONONONONOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOONONONO 

Bloody communists.

You see, ever since the whole Doritos Locos Tacos thing, Taco Bell thinks they can do whatever they want.

Actually the whatever by Flame game (forgot the title) looks more like a copy of Dark Souls than anything else.

И погибе Српски кнез Лазаре,
И његова сва изгибе војска, 
Седамдесет и седам иљада;
Све је свето и честито било
И миломе Богу приступачно.

That's a shame, I just remembered it the other day and thought they were probably working on it.

I did wonder how they were going to make the game work. To make a credible vampire/werewolf/mage game you'd need enormous urban environments because these creatures are rare and a huge system to generate NPC's to make the town come alive, along with everything else. To me it always sounded a bit like over-reaching from a company whose primary MMO has far less content. 

It was my opinion at the time (and it still is) that its beyond the cost effectiveness of current technology (if the game is to look any good).

I'm not surprised it got cancelled. As an EVE player (well, mostly a skillqueue knight lately) it was fairly obvious that WoD was on the backburner. Maybe they'll come back to it later but what I'd really like is a proper (spiritual) successor to Bloodlines.

This is the perfect opportunity for Obsidian to knock on CCP/Whitewolf's door and ask if it's a good time to parley about another Vampire/Werewolf game.

Obsidian's World of Darkness, yes that'd be something I'd like to see :wub:

Edited by Maf
  • Like 2

Remember that Bound by Flame is a budget game just like Mars: War Logs was. I enjoyed Mars for what it was and I didn't regret my purchase knowing what kind of game I had bought. I will get BbF when it hits a lower price and I will most probably by all the others mentioned in some of the previous posts.

I can still see why a lot of people are getting tired of action rpgs. It's no different than people complaining about fps games.

The fact that action RPGs are trendy and there are a lot of them coming out is undeniable, but I don't really see this as a problem.  Contrary to your post, I feel there is a good variety of games coming out now and in the near future.  I would say that the variety of games coming out right now is the best it's been in a decade.  You have the action RPGs you mentioned, turn-based RPGs, both first person (Might & Magic X) and isometric (Wasteland 2, Divinity: Original Sin), RTwP isometric RPGs (Pillars of Eternity), JRPGs (Bravely Default, Final Fantasy XIII: Dress Up Quest, Tales of Xilia 2), funky matroidvana/JRPGs mashups (Child of Light), and that's just scratching the surface and just RPGs.  We've recently had the return of sidescrolling platformers.  There are tons of beat em ups coming out.  Shumps seem to be on the rebound.  I could keep going.

Actually the whatever by Flame game (forgot the title) looks more like a copy of Dark Souls than anything else.

To me it looks less slow paced and methodical like Dark Souls, and more button mash combo like Kingdoms of Amalur: Reckoning.  That's not necessarily a bad thing, as I generally enjoyed the combat in KoA:R, for a while.  Anyway, while I liked Spiders' previous game, Mars: War Logs, quite a bit, this one, for whatever reason, isn't grabbing my attention.  Who knows.  If it winds up getting a good rep after it's released I may scoop it up.

Edited by Keyrock
  • Like 2

🇺🇸RFK Jr 2024🇺🇸

"Any organization created out of fear must create fear to survive." - Bill Hicks

This is the perfect opportunity for Obsidian to knock on CCP/Whitewolf's door and ask if it's a good time to parley about another Vampire/Werewolf game.

Obsidian's World of Darkness, yes that'd be something I'd like to see :wub:

Only if it is single-player. Otherwise, bleh.

• Like 4

"Some men see things as they are and say why?"
"I dream things that never were and say why not?"
- George Bernard Shaw

"Hope in reality is the worst of all evils because it prolongs the torments of man."
- Friedrich Nietzsche

"The amount of energy necessary to refute bull**** is an order of magnitude bigger than to produce it."

- Some guy 

@Keyrock I'm well aware that there are plenty of games out there. What I find boring is this slave to fashion thing that's going on. I can and will hope that the crowdfunded games deliver with their relative shoelace budgets, and I will have lots of fun with them once they do (if they do), but that doesn't change that every time I raise my eyes out of KS and indies, I notice that there's very, very little out there despite the market being bloated (concerning RPG's - I don't particularly care about other genres outside if few choice picks). I guess I'm just picky, but nonetheless, I find this to be extremely boring and ultimately a shame in that so much potential for creativity is left unused with everyone competing who does this one thing better or just trying to chip in to get their piece of the pie (I know that's a bit unfair and simplified, but the point comes across). And that's that really.

I thought he was changed his name to Snoop Lion?  Now he's back to Snoop Dogg?  Is he a dog or a lion?  I need to know these things.

I'm guessing this voice pack will be a $4.99 DLC?

Edited by Keyrock

🇺🇸RFK Jr 2024🇺🇸

I don't... dig.

Edited by Drowsy Emperor

I don't give 50 Cents on Snoopy. Or on Mr. 0.361 euro according to my currency converter, either.

• Like 1

Broken Sword 5 Episode 2 is out today at 6 PM BST.

We are delighted to let you know that Broken Sword – the Serpent’s Curse: Episode 2 will be releasing at 6pm BST today for PC, Mac and Linux. PS Vita, iOS and Android are to follow soon.

In this second episode, you will burst out from Paris and London, going on to stunning locations throughout Spanish Catalonia and to deepest Iraq, the birthplace of civilisation. This episode ramps up the drama, as well as the difficulty – and concludes the themes set up in the first episode. Charles is currently writing a Director’s Message which will aim to encapsulate the historical themes that he wanted to convey through the game.

Both in its inception, and its completion, the Serpent’s Curse has been one of the first high profile Kickstarter projects to ship, and the Revolution team are deeply appreciative of the support, generosity, and indeed patience of our fans.

• Like 2

Why has elegance found so little following? Elegance has the disadvantage that hard work is needed to achieve it and a good education to appreciate it. - Edsger Wybe Dijkstra

Also Jensen's Moebius was out yesterday, reviews are a bit negative on it.

Why has elegance found so little following? Elegance has the disadvantage that hard work is needed to achieve it and a good education to appreciate it. - Edsger Wybe Dijkstra