Spill your blasphemous opinions on CRPGs here

I think people just make up stuff now to make it into this thread than giving actual opinions.

Or there is no hope for humanity...

• Like 3

^

I agree that that is such a stupid idiotic pathetic garbage hateful retarded scumbag evil satanic nazi like term ever created. At least top 5.

TSLRCM Official Forum || TSLRCM Moddb || My other KOTOR2 mods || TSLRCM (English version) on Steam || [M4-78EP on Steam

Formerly known as BattleWookiee/BattleCookiee

I think people just make up stuff now to make it into this thread than giving actual opinions.

Or there is no hope for humanity...

Nothing's sacred.

I'd say the answer to that question is kind of like the answer to "who's the sucker in this poker game?"*

*If you can't tell, it's you. ;)

village_idiot.gif

Another blasphemy: Deus Ex is one of the most overrated games of all time, but I liked the sequel quite a bit.

If by "the sequel" you mean the prequel, I'd reluctantly have to agree (crappy storyline or not, smoother gameplay is smooth). Otherwise, prepare to be purged.

Human Revolution had nice graphics (if you could ignore the hideous textures) and a decent stealth system.  The building you work in and the opening mission were the best parts of the game.  The combat and AI were terrible.  The upgrade paths were shockingly crappy.  It also featured some of the most artificial feeling cities of any game I've ever played that wasn't made by Bethesda.  Modulated linear rat mazes sparsely populated with plastic people stuck in front of cardboard cutout stores with painted on doors, repeating the same lines ad nauseum. 

When I said sequel, I was referring to Invisible War.  I'll take my chances with you.  You threaten strangers over the internet to compensate for your cowardice in the real world.

On the positive side, it took 12 pages for the thread to jump the shark.  That's better than I figured.

sky_twister_suzu.gif.bca4b31c6a14735a9a4b5a279a428774.gif
🇺🇸RFK Jr 2024🇺🇸

"Any organization created out of fear must create fear to survive." - Bill Hicks

When I said sequel, I was referring to Invisible War.  I'll take my chances with you.  You threaten strangers over the internet to compensate for your cowardice in the real world.

Yes, he's clearly out for you blood. Call the cops. :rolleyes:

• Like 2

If by "the sequel" you mean the prequel, I'd reluctantly have to agree (crappy storyline or not, smoother gameplay is smooth). Otherwise, prepare to be purged.

I'll take my chances with you.  You threaten strangers over the internet to compensate for your cowardice in the real world.

Edited by LadyCrimson
language in posted funny image.
  • Like 1

"Lulz is not the highest aspiration of art and mankind, no matter what the Encyclopedia Dramatica says."

I guess my blasphemy is... That I don't usually care for Japanese RPGs. There are a few I beat and enjoyed, but I don't particularly care for insanely over the top stories or old school turn based RPGs typically bore me (games like FF where one group stands on the right, the other on the left, and you fight in menu based style while watching crazy cinematics when using special attacks. Not turn based games like fallout as I actually love those).

As I said, there are exceptions, like FF 6 (FF 3 for US release), FF 7, Chronotrigger, Shining Force, and Panzer Dragoon Saga. I am not going to get into all the reasons I liked these titles, and there may be a few I am forgetting, but for the most part I get bored with gameplay on these types of RPGs pretty quickly. These titles are the ones I beat, and remember beating.

I've never even played a JRPG and if I didn't read stuff on this forum I wouldn't even know what one was.

Now I do I'm pretty sure they suck. And I love loads of Japanese stuff, but that's mainly cinema, literature and some pop culture.

• Like 3

sonsofgygax.JPG

The Sims 2 is a good RPG.

Boom.

This thread is spiralling into a very dark place.

Hey, I had a good time role playing an beer bellied bastard who beat his neighbors and sexually harassed everyone and everything. Then my friends girlfriend drove me off the computer when she noticed what I was doing to her "family".

I'll take my chances with you.  You threaten strangers over the internet to compensate for your cowardice in the real world.

There was no irony in your post.  So yes, ironically, better than you.

Don't lose hope.  If you search long enough, I'm sure you'll come across the perfect meme to express what a badass you wish you were.

Edited by LadyCrimson
removed quoted image (language)

RPGs are negatively impacted by having a strong European following.

*retreats to bunker*

"Akiva Goldsman and Alex Kurtzman run the 21st century version of MK ULTRA." - majestic

"I'm gonna hunt you down so that I can slap you square in the mouth." - Bartimaeus

"Without individual thinking you can't notice the plot holes." - InsaneCommander

"Just feed off the suffering of gamers." - Malcador

"You are calling my taste crap." -Hurlshort

"thankfully it seems like the creators like Hungary less this time around." - Sarex

"Don't forget the wakame, dumbass" -Keyrock

"Are you trolling or just being inadvertently nonsensical?' -Pidesco

"we have already been forced to admit you are at least human" - uuuhhii

"I refuse to buy from non-woke businesses" - HoonDing

"feral camels are now considered a pest" - Gorth

"Melkathi is known to be an overly critical grumpy person" - Melkathi

"Oddly enough Sanderson was a lot more direct despite being a Mormon" - Zoraptor

"I found it greatly disturbing to scroll through my cartoon's halfing selection of genitalias." - Wormerine

"Am I phrasing in the most negative light for them? Yes, but it's not untrue." - ShadySands

Might aswell add something real to this thread.

* I hate crafting. Baldur's Gate II did it perfecly, but modern games with their gathering 4000 wood all over the world and carry it always... no, it sucks.

Edited by Hassat Hunter
  • Like 15

^

I agree that that is such a stupid idiotic pathetic garbage hateful retarded scumbag evil satanic nazi like term ever created. At least top 5.

TSLRCM Official Forum || TSLRCM Moddb || My other KOTOR2 mods || TSLRCM (English version) on Steam || [M4-78EP on Steam

Formerly known as BattleWookiee/BattleCookiee

Might aswell add something real to this thread.

* I hate crafting. Baldur's Gate II did it perfecly, but modern games with their gathering 4000 wood all over the world and carry it always... no, it sucks.

Hear, hear.

• Like 2

🇺🇸RFK Jr 2024🇺🇸

"Any organization created out of fear must create fear to survive." - Bill Hicks

At least JRPGs dare to utilize uncommon settings (Germanic mythology, WWII, WWI) with that unique Japanese twist whilst CRPGs are 90% generic fantasy. And the few CRPGs with unique setting have dreadful gameplay (Arcanum, Septerra Core).

• Like 4

The ending of the words is ALMSIVI.

I have no clue where it was actually developed, but Septerra Core is as jRPG as jRPG gets, whether it was developed in Japan or elsewhere.

🇺🇸RFK Jr 2024🇺🇸

I have no clue where it was actually developed, but Septerra Core is as jRPG as jRPG gets, whether it was developed in Japan or elsewhere.

It was published (not localized) by Monolith Studios and the lead designer has a western name. My guess is that they tried to mimic JRPGs, there were a few people trying to break into the niche markets on the west with titles like those. I remember playing the dreadful Sudeki.

I'd say the answer to that question is kind of like the answer to "who's the sucker in this poker game?"*

*If you can't tell, it's you. ;)

village_idiot.gif

Ok, here's my $.02

With PE I have bought my last CRPG.... ever.... unless someone brings the Planescape setting or something similar back. Or Fallout 4 looks good.

Anyone who didn't like Torment should have their head examined

Anyone who did like NWNs official material... see above

I never figured out how to cast a spell in NWN 2, it was a pain in the ass that ruined the game, unless you play as a fighting class which I always do anyway

Morrowind was ugly but good

Skyrim was beautiful but bad

Why can't we switch those two?

I have gotten more enjoyment from the story in bad novels than the story of good games (except Torment)

RTS Games are more enjoyable than CRPGs

Politically correct guidelines and publishers nannyisms will prevent any CRPG from being any good. Except, hopefully, PE

and finally

D&D rules should only be used by skinny pimple faced geeks rolling dice in the back booth of a Pizza Hut in Topeka KS at 11pm in 1987... not by modern game developers.

/rant

• Like 4

"While it is true you learn with age, the down side is what you often learn is what a damn fool you were before"

Thomas Sowell