Spill your blasphemous opinions on CRPGs here

• For whatever reason, I enjoyed Fallout 3 more than Fallout:NV, overall.
  • I thought Mass Effect 2 had the best story-telling of the series.
  • I felt Mass Effect 3 had the best combat/abilities of the series.
  • I couldn't get invested in Fallout 2 and ended up quitting early on.
  • I don't like it when games ego-stroke.
  • I often relapse into "muchkin-hood" and "save-scummery"
  • Many "classic" genre defining games that I never got around to playing as as a youth are difficult to enjoy because of the dated graphics.
  • Temple of Elemental Evil had the most efficient and superior user interface of any cRPG I've ever played.
  • I thought Grobnar Gnomehands was both the best NPC of NWN 2 and was genuinely amusing.
  • I will sometimes differ to playing a familiar game I have mastered every aspect of and offers no challenge or new experiences over a game I both own and have been meaning to play.

That's enough for now.

• Like 1

I didn't mind Grobnar. In between Elanee and Sandra and co.? Ha, he was one of the lesser offenders.

Edited by Bartimaeus

How I have existed fills me with horror. For I have failed in everything - spelling, arithmetic, riding, tennis, golf; dancing, singing, acting; wife, mistress, whore, friend. Even cooking. And I do not excuse myself with the usual escape of 'not trying'. I tried with all my heart.

In my dreams, I am not crippled. In my dreams, I dance.

• I couldn't get invested in Fallout 2 and ended up quitting early on.

Simpsons-Angry-Mob.png

• I don't like it when games ego-stroke.
  • I often relapse into "muchkin-hood" and "save-scummery"
  • Many "classic" genre defining games that I never got around to playing as as a youth are difficult to enjoy because of the dated graphics.

These sentiments I share, though bad graphics aren't the deal killer for me. Horrid interfaces are. Like X-COM: Enemy Unknown.

• Like 2

I just started a new thread, as this draws to a close, and expanded it, so now it includes the option of dropping heretic opinions on RPG systems and mechanics as well. Have fun!

Here's a link:

http://forums.obsidian.net/topic/66006-drop-your-heretic-thoughts-on-crpgs-and-rpg-systems-here/

Edited by IndiraLightfoot

*** "The words of someone who feels ever more the ent among saplings when playing CRPGs" ***

• I thought Mass Effect 2 had the best story-telling of the series.
  • I felt Mass Effect 3 had the best combat/abilities of the series.

:yes:

You're a cheery wee bugger, Nep. Have I ever said that?

ahyes.gifReapercussionsahyes.gif

That's enough for now.

This is the first time in this thread that I was legitimately offended. This is coming from someone with triple-digit playtime in F3 and the Tale of Two Wastelands mod for NV.

The NV game balance is just inexorably superior. Even without F3's superior environment/atmosphere/level design it's just more fun to engage in combat in NV (which is the heart of the game.)

Edited by AGX-17

Even without F3's superior environment/atmosphere/level design it's just more fun to engage in combat in NV (which is the heart of the game.)

It's a Bethesda game, the objective is always going from point A to B. Which is made all the more enjoyable if there is something pretty to look at.

I like Fallout 3 better than NV even though I will admit to NV being the superior game.

I'd say the answer to that question is kind of like the answer to "who's the sucker in this poker game?"*

*If you can't tell, it's you. ;)

village_idiot.gif

I can't stand Fallout 3 myself. It just feels too....bland. Especially when compared to New Vegas.

"Akiva Goldsman and Alex Kurtzman run the 21st century version of MK ULTRA." - majestic

"I'm gonna hunt you down so that I can slap you square in the mouth." - Bartimaeus

"Without individual thinking you can't notice the plot holes." - InsaneCommander

"Just feed off the suffering of gamers." - Malcador

"You are calling my taste crap." -Hurlshort

"thankfully it seems like the creators like Hungary less this time around." - Sarex

"Don't forget the wakame, dumbass" -Keyrock

"Are you trolling or just being inadvertently nonsensical?' -Pidesco

"we have already been forced to admit you are at least human" - uuuhhii

"I refuse to buy from non-woke businesses" - HoonDing

"feral camels are now considered a pest" - Gorth

"Melkathi is known to be an overly critical grumpy person" - Melkathi

"Oddly enough Sanderson was a lot more direct despite being a Mormon" - Zoraptor

"I found it greatly disturbing to scroll through my cartoon's halfing selection of genitalias." - Wormerine

"Am I phrasing in the most negative light for them? Yes, but it's not untrue." - ShadySands

This thread has reached its closing time. Fortunately, Indira has already created a new thread, here.

"My hovercraft is full of eels!" - Hungarian tourist
I am Dan Quayle of the Romans.
I want to tattoo a map of the Netherlands on my nether lands.
Heja Sverige!!
Everyone should cuffawkle more.
The wrench is your friend. :bat: