RANDOM VIDEO GAME NEWS

LadyCrimson

Ancient Athens? Well, it's an interesting counterpoint though I could give a list of how it compared very favourably with the alternatives of the time. Probably not here though since it's well off the SP/ game censorship topic, if you really an answer the OT forum is a far better fit.

Ancient Athens? Well, it's an interesting counterpoint though I could give a list of how it compared very favourably with the alternatives of the time. Probably not here though since it's well off the SP/ game censorship topic, if you really an answer the OT forum is a far better fit.

Probably was, though I'm not arguing that, just that Athens was the pinnacle for Liberalism yet you still got put to death for having certain views. Not arguing the opposite isn't also true, just that there's a certain level of forgetfulness or oversight when the heavy hand of justice comes from one group than the other.

• Like 1

This just further reaffirms how much superior 'Murica is to the rest of the world, as we get all the content on every platform.

NEWS_patriotic_0eagle-storm0at.gif

A Harrier ?  Really, come now,  it should be a Falcon :p

Always had a thing for the Phantom, myself. Well, and the Tomcat. And the Eagle. And the Fighting Falcon. God figher jets are awesome. F*** yeah, America!

All Stop. On Screen.

This just further reaffirms how much superior 'Murica is to the rest of the world, as we get all the content on every platform.

NEWS_patriotic_0eagle-storm0at.gif

A Harrier ?  Really, come now,  it should be a Falcon :p

Always had a thing for the Phantom, myself. Well, and the Tomcat. And the Eagle. And the Fighting Falcon. God figher jets are awesome. F*** yeah, America!

Well, you do live in San Diego. I went to the 'Top Gun' bar in Miramar once, lots of men in white singing that song.

sonsofgygax.JPG

Jesus stolen Christ I'm gonna buy Thief just because of that ill-advised slam. 

haha, go ahead, it's your money.

BTW, I finished watching the playthrough of the full game, which took way less time than I expected, and my opinion of it has only decreased. Thief 4 is a failure. But please, don't listen to me. again, it's your money.

Edited by JFSOCC

Remember: Argue the point, not the person. Remain polite and constructive. Friendly forums have friendly debate. There's no shame in being wrong. If you don't have something to add, don't post for the sake of it. And don't be afraid to post thoughts you are uncertain about, that's what discussion is for.
---
Pet threads, everyone has them. I love imagining Gods, Monsters, Factions and Weapons.

Well, you do live in San Diego. I went to the 'Top Gun' bar in Miramar once, lots of men in white singing that song.

Playing with the Boys ?

Why has elegance found so little following? Elegance has the disadvantage that hard work is needed to achieve it and a good education to appreciate it. - Edsger Wybe Dijkstra

By the way, I want to see a remake called 'Top Drone.'

'Murica's best drone monkeys are sent to Area-51 to compete for the golden joystick. Then they get scrambled to their XBoxes so they can blow up a Toyota pick-up in BadGuyistan.

All the time our oiled-up heroes are listening to that muscle-guitar theme song and trying not to molest each other.

In fact, it could be a new Bioware game, has all the salient ingredients.

• Like 7

sonsofgygax.JPG

By the way, I want to see a remake called 'Top Drone.'

'Murica's best drone monkeys are sent to Area-51 to compete for the golden joystick. Then they get scrambled to their XBoxes so they can blow up a Toyota pick-up in BadGuyistan.

All the time our oiled-up heroes are listening to that muscle-guitar theme song and trying not to molest each other.

In fact, it could be a new Bioware game, has all the salient ingredients.

Will there be a beach volleyball cutscene?

sky_twister_suzu.gif.bca4b31c6a14735a9a4b5a279a428774.gif
🇺🇸RFK Jr 2024🇺🇸

"Any organization created out of fear must create fear to survive." - Bill Hicks

I'd figure you'd be more a Jester...or that bald Captain that played pissed off guys in the 80s.

Why has elegance found so little following? Elegance has the disadvantage that hard work is needed to achieve it and a good education to appreciate it. - Edsger Wybe Dijkstra

Hahaha :lol:

"Some men see things as they are and say why?"
"I dream things that never were and say why not?"
- George Bernard Shaw

"Hope in reality is the worst of all evils because it prolongs the torments of man."
- Friedrich Nietzsche

"The amount of energy necessary to refute bull**** is an order of magnitude bigger than to produce it."

- Some guy 

I remember when the Liberals were conservative and the Conservatives were liberal!

Or when the Canadian Conservative party merged with the Liberal party to form the Liberal Conservatives (precursor to the PCs I believe)

The area between the balls and the butt is a hotbed of terrorist activity.

Devastatorsig.jpg

I remember when the Liberals were conservative and the Conservatives were liberal!

Or when the Canadian Conservative party merged with the Liberal party to form the Liberal Conservatives (precursor to the PCs I believe)

Then they merged with the Reform to make that Canadian Reform Alliance Party.  (Ok, Canadian Reform Conservative Alliance but the acronym is pretty apt the way I wrote it. )

• Like 1

I inadvertently and indirectly introduced Kenny Loggins into this thread.  What have I done? smiley-scared0012.gif

That's okay. That song takes my breath away.

• Like 1

You see, ever since the whole Doritos Locos Tacos thing, Taco Bell thinks they can do whatever they want.

Neverwinter Online - future Icewind Dale themed module, eh? If it's like their first two modules, probably won't bring me back but it kinda makes me go "hwUuh?"

They're also being mysterious about it with a teaser anagram for people to try to solve.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ahct7XV_exY]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ahct7XV_exY

“Things are as they are. Looking out into the universe at night, we make no comparisons between right and wrong stars, nor between well and badly arranged constellations.” – Alan Watts

It sucks the only FR game in a while is an MMO. I'd love to see another epic RPG setin the realms.

The area between the balls and the butt is a hotbed of terrorist activity.

Devastatorsig.jpg

I went to the 'Top Gun' bar in Miramar once, lots of men in white singing that song.

You did, really? I can't vouch for Navy pukes drinking and singing, or wearing white. :bat:   Where else did you go, was it in uniform. I remember once, or twice, we had a servicemen swap back in the early 90's with, I think England. They were definitely Brits, they had mottled green and brown utilities and wore berets. Mostly what I see flying overhead here, are F/A-18 Hornets (Blue Angels, annually, too). A lot of whirly birds at the coast, since I actually live a stone's throw from Pendleton and the Marines. 

Random video game news ... there is no real news until GDC next month. 

All Stop. On Screen.

^ No I'd just graduated from University... George Bush Snr. was about to handover to Bill Clinton (*that* long ago). I spent three months in San Diego, travelling around the US with the occasional excursion to Mexico. Spent most of my time in SD in either Emerald Beach or La Jolla (naturally). The thing I remember about the bar full of 'naval aviators' was the poor old marines (helo / harrier pilots). Chicks were more interested in the dudes in white. Mebbe it was Navy Day or something.

• Like 1

sonsofgygax.JPG

There is an unwritten law amongst military aviators that those who are caught singing "Danger Zone" are to be shot down.

For those who sing "Take My Breath Away" guns are clear on the offending aviator after he has successfully ejected.

• Like 4
“Political philosophers have often pointed out that in wartime, the citizen, the male citizen at least, loses one of his most basic rights, his right to life; and this has been true ever since the French Revolution and the invention of conscription, now an almost universally accepted principle. But these same philosophers have rarely noted that the citizen in question simultaneously loses another right, one just as basic and perhaps even more vital for his conception of himself as a civilized human being: the right not to kill.”

-Jonathan Littell <<Les Bienveillantes>>

"The chancellor, the late chancellor, was only partly correct. He was obsolete. But so is the State, the entity he worshipped. Any state, entity, or ideology becomes obsolete when it stockpiles the wrong weapons: when it captures territories, but not minds; when it enslaves millions, but convinces nobody. When it is naked, yet puts on armor and calls it faith, while in the Eyes of God it has no faith at all. Any state, any entity, any ideology that fails to recognize the worth, the dignity, the rights of Man...that state is obsolete."

-Rod Serling