RANDOM VIDEO GAME NEWS

LadyCrimson

...and the second is that there's now a "proving grounds" exam system, where you're given a practical test on various skills relevant to your class and marked on how well you did. You need to do well enough on a given character to be eligible for the random matchmaking system.

That's brilliant. I wish it was in place while I was playing. Im sure its a low hurdle but still, useful.

It's tiered, for the new expansion you apparently need to get a silver medal to do heroic content for example, and only when using the group-finder tool. The hard restrictions have only been announced for then, so at the moment the system isn't doing anything except awarding achievements. I mean it's still useful, sort of, but only by manual checking: guilds can make it an entry requirement for example.

Note that it's all second-hand info to me too, I quit a couple of years ago so it's just a combination of what I hear from ex-guildies and from this summary. And it wouldn't have been particularly relevant personally since I stopped doing pick-up content years prior to that.

L I E S T R O N G
L I V E W R O N G

• Like 1

Why has elegance found so little following? Elegance has the disadvantage that hard work is needed to achieve it and a good education to appreciate it. - Edsger Wybe Dijkstra

Doesn't seem to concern the PC master race, which is of course very good; but I think I'll wait a bit before trusting it won't in the end.

Edited by Undecaf

Perkele, tiädäksää tuanoini!

"It's easier to tolerate idiots if you do not consider them as stupid people, but exceptionally gifted monkeys."

So i see Lord of Shadow 2 is getting even worse scores than Thief 4. That's too bad.

I just finished the first map and to be honest for now it's the same game as LoS, which to me is great. I had a few stealth missions and they weren't that bad. For now a good game.

Lot's of reviewers didn't seem to like the original, so I think that they where expecting something different. Of course I am not that deep in to the game yet, but I doubt I will change my opinion too much.

Edited by Sarex

"because they filled mommy with enough mythic power to become a demi-god" - KP

DeusExCentral - Deus Ex: The Fall

==== OFFICIAL PRESS RELEASE ====

Steam pre-orders unlock Deus Ex – Game of the Year edition for free

LONDON, UK - After the success of DEUS EX: THE FALL™ on mobile, Square Enix is excited to announce the award-winning* action-RPG will be released on PC, and is coming to Steam on 25th March for £7.99/€9.99/$9.99. With 28 Steam achievements, Steam Trading cards, adjusted AI, added keyboard and mouse functionality, plus a whole lot more, fans can now take DEUS EX: THE FALL to the bigger screen.

Gamers who pre-order DEUS EX: THE FALL on Steam will get an extra bonus in the shape of, the original Deus Ex- Game of the Year edition for free, to keep, or gift to a friend.

DEUS EX: THE FALL is set in 2027 – a golden era for science, technology and human augmentation, but also a time of great social divide and global conspiracy. Powerful corporations have seized control from governments and command the drug supply needed by augmented humans to survive. In this chaos Ben Saxon, a former British SAS Mercenary who underwent physical augmentation, is desperate for the truth behind the drug conspiracy. Betrayed by his private military employers, the Tyrants, not only is his own life at risk but for all augmented humans, time is running out…

DEUS EX: THE FALL was developed in collaboration with the original DEUS EX: HUMAN REVOLUTION® team at Eidos-Montréal and N-Fusion. It also features new music composed by Michael McCann.

"Cuius testiculos habeas, habeas cardia et cerebellum."

Anyone else think its ironic that censorship has become a liberal value?

• Like 1
The area between the balls and the butt is a hotbed of terrorist activity.

Devastatorsig.jpg

Not really, censorship is only a liberal value under the rather odd US definition of the term. Rest of the world (well, excluding Australian political parties) still uses the word properly. In any case much of the stuff censored in SP will offend 'conservative' types most as it regards abortion and the like, the 'liberal' offensive stuff is things like swastikas in Germany. It is kind of funny how the left and right can come together to decide (slightly different subsets of) what everyone else can view, but then paternalism has always been politically agnostic.

• Like 2

• Blocks work against monsters.

****. If Risen 2 had this then it would've been decent, as far as combat is concerned. It sucked and specifically was flawed against creatures. Most times I had to rely on exploits when faced with multiple creatures. Aggro'ing them to populated areas where NPC's killed them for me was a legit strategy and I stand by it. World design was still solid, though, which is their strength. Characters and atmosphere was good too.

Edited by Inyourprime

Anyone else think its ironic that censorship has become a liberal value?

No. "Liberals" or "Progressives" have always seeked to censor/prohibit in the name of "social justice". It's only in modern day that "conservatives" are seen as that group. 

This just further reaffirms how much superior 'Murica is to the rest of the world, as we get all the content on every platform.

NEWS_patriotic_0eagle-storm0at.gif

A Harrier ?  Really, come now,  it should be a Falcon :p

Why has elegance found so little following? Elegance has the disadvantage that hard work is needed to achieve it and a good education to appreciate it. - Edsger Wybe Dijkstra

Why censor South Park anything? You know what you're getting.

Germany = Europe and they censor everything.

I thought Germany didn't censor sex but they censored the bejesus out of anything resembling violence?  It was my understanding that they pretty much have full on penetration sex scenes in Saturday morning children's cartoons in Germany, have I been misled?

Edit:  Oh, and as far as the liberals and conservatives thing goes, I can't speak for other countries, but the dirty little secret* in 'Murica is that there's really no difference between the two sides.  They both consist of soulless, corrupt, career politicians who care only about getting reelected and pocketing more money from lobbyists.  They'll adopt whatever platform they think will keep them in office.

*not really a secret

Edited by Keyrock

sky_twister_suzu.gif.bca4b31c6a14735a9a4b5a279a428774.gif
🇺🇸RFK Jr 2024🇺🇸

"Any organization created out of fear must create fear to survive." - Bill Hicks

No. "Liberals" or "Progressives" have always seeked to censor/prohibit in the name of "social justice". It's only in modern day that "conservatives" are seen as that group. 

Conservative groups were censoring before liberalism and progressiveness were even accepted concepts. In part it's due to conservative groupings naturally being the ones in power and seeking to protect that, in part it's due to ideology. To argue the quote above you have to, for example, redefine the Roman Catholic Church, Inquisition era, as liberals and progressives. Which is somewhat difficult to do.

Eppur si muove, fra'.

• Like 1

Conservative groups were censoring before liberalism and progressiveness were even accepted concepts. In part it's due to conservative groupings naturally being the ones in power and seeking to protect that, in part it's due to ideology. To argue the quote above you have to, for example, redefine the Roman Catholic Church, Inquisition era, as liberals and progressives. Which is somewhat difficult to do.

Eppur si muove, fra'.

Of you could look to Athens, hypocrisy at it's finest. Also interesting how progressives label anything right wing as fascism when the Nazis learned eugenics from progressives. You could say they dislike the Nazis for giving a bad name to their cause since the shared ideology.