The Rock Paper Shotgun preview was a bit concerning in some regards. The author didn't seem too impressed with the originality or depth of options of what he saw. The quotes from Obsidian, both in that article and the various others, of course sound great, but hopefully the game content reflects them better as development continues.

Nathan Grayson wrote that interview, and I would say if he wasn't as impressed with the game as Wasteland 2 then that is a very good sign for Pillars of Eternity, hahah.

Ok, successfully linked my forum account with the eternity site and got my pledge to show in the list. Answered the question about what the extra $8 was for (the "Order") and I noticed I can now select various badges from drop downs on my forum profile. Backer, Silver backer, Gold Backer and Watcher... what is a "watcher"? :unsure:

“He who joyfully marches to music in rank and file has already earned my contempt. He has been given a large brain by mistake, since for him the spinal cord would surely suffice.” - Albert Einstein

Ok, successfully linked my forum account with the eternity site and got my pledge to show in the list. Answered the question about what the extra $8 was for (the "Order") and I noticed I can now select various badges from drop downs on my forum profile. Backer, Silver backer, Gold Backer and Watcher... what is a "watcher"? :unsure:

Watcher is most "expensive" badge.

It's also something in the game we're not clear on. Maybe a title associated with the PC.

"Show me a man who "plays fair" and I'll show you a very talented cheater."

Would have preferred to see a few more weapon swing animations. The lack of those may have been deliberate as everything's probably using placeholder animations still.

Yeah, all of the character animations are alpha and will be receiving more polish later in development.

good to hear, all the characters not reacting at all even if hit by a lightning does look a bit strange

• Like 1

Oh joyous day, the Backer Site is here, and looking quite handsome, I might add.  Pretty sweet trailer, too.  Really captured some of that Baldur's Gate feeling.

sky_twister_suzu.gif.bca4b31c6a14735a9a4b5a279a428774.gif
🇺🇸RFK Jr 2024🇺🇸

"Any organization created out of fear must create fear to survive." - Bill Hicks

I'm a little wary of having to enter in all my personal info to Obsidian as part of the checkout process, especially since Obsidian's privacy policy allows them to share our personally identifying info with their "business and promotional partners to further their business interests."

Will Obsidian commit to deleting all that information from their servers once our order has been completely fulfilled?

EDIT: Also, why don't my KS/backer badges show up under my name?

Edited by ThreeSon
  • Like 2

Windows 7 64-bit SP1

Core i7 3770 @3.5 GHz

nVidia GTX 680

16 GB RAM

Thought I should bring attention to the fact that there is at least one discrepancy between the rewards listed on the Backer Portal and on the Kickstarter page. The Kickstarter page lists a Digital Campaign Almanac as included in the $50 reward tier, whereas it's not included in $50 reward tier on the Backer Portal, and only available as an add-on. 

Would have preferred to see a few more weapon swing animations. The lack of those may have been deliberate as everything's probably using placeholder animations still.

Yeah, all of the character animations are alpha and will be receiving more polish later in development.

Fantastic!  The video was great, but as others have said, combat animation needs considerable polish.  I feel like I would flinch a little if I had multiple fireballs hurled at me, while also being struck by lightning.  Just a little, though.

• Like 1

Thought I should bring attention to the fact that there is at least one discrepancy between the rewards listed on the Backer Portal and on the Kickstarter page. The Kickstarter page lists a Digital Campaign Almanac as included in the $50 reward tier, whereas it's not included in $50 reward tier on the Backer Portal, and only available as an add-on. 

Thanks for letting us know.  We're aware of it, but it may not be fixed until tomorrow.

• Like 3

I have a question too. The name in "consumer information" is what is going to be used in credits, etc, right? And the real important name is just the one in the shipping details, yes?

On mine, there was a Survey, with a field specifically for "How would you like your name to appear in the credits?". So, I'm not sure if it shows that in the "consumer information" field or not (in my case, they were the same name, so I can't really tell which field is displaying exactly which info), but make sure you take any surveys that are available, if you haven't already.

think the "consumer information" area is just transactional/account-related information. Hence the survey that lets you type something in instead of just taking your name from the existing info, for the credits. *shrug*. Just my best guess.

Should we not start with some Ipelagos, or at least some Greater Ipelagos, before tackling a named Arch Ipelago? 6_u

*logs into forum* Holy cow, there's a lot of people in that list on the bottom.

*looks at the Announcement forum* Oh, no wonder!

*watches the teaser trailer* Oh, awesome. I got the shivers, partly because I liked the music a lot, and partly because ... well, because it's a trailer of a game I want, and it did its job of making me want the game now, now gosh darnit now. :biggrin:

What a great way to start my evening - with a giant grin plastered all over my face.Thanks, Obsidian.

“Things are as they are. Looking out into the universe at night, we make no comparisons between right and wrong stars, nor between well and badly arranged constellations.” – Alan Watts

This has now been fixed.

• Like 1

Excellent stuff all around.  Went through the Backer site and got everything in order in less than five minutes - I had forgotten what I had backed and it was nice to be reminded of all the loot I'll be getting.

BTW, loved the music in the trailer, now off to read some of the press links.

Just having fun with the Backer portal - couldn't register until I realised I already had a login with my forum login (doh)

Couldn't process payment until I realised I was blocking Stripe with Noscript (DOH)

Edit: (so I've got one outstanding order on the system and one paid for - is there a way to delete an order from our history if it's erroneous?)

Maybe add some instructions for us dumbasses (dubassi?) or those of us with severe caffeine deficiency.

All pledged up now (until I can get some more cash and throw it at you with reckless abandon).

---

Gameplay video - *thumbs up* - love the look and feel of it (and the music) - I know it's unfinished so I'd like to echo others thoughts about a 'combat ready' stance rather than just hands by sides when not performing an action in combat.

What does my extra big green "K" badge mark me out as, then? Hmmmmm? 8)

Shhh, the 'K' is silent :p

Edited by Silent Winter

_________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

*Casts Nature's Terror* :aiee: , *Casts Firebug* :fdevil: , *Casts Rot-Skulls* :skull: , *Casts Garden of Life* :luck: *Spirit-shifts to cat form* :cat: