What you did today

Rosbjerg

We don't celebrate Halloween in South Africa at all so its fun to hear about all your stories :)

• Like 1

"Abashed the devil stood and felt how awful goodness is and saw Virtue in her shape how lovely: and pined his loss”

John Milton 

"We don't stop playing because we grow old; we grow old because we stop playing.” -  George Bernard Shaw

"What counts in life is not the mere fact that we have lived. It is what difference we have made to the lives of others that will determine the significance of the life we lead" - Nelson Mandela

Anyone who comes to my place would have to be desperate indeed. i live at the end of a loooong dirt road. 

"While it is true you learn with age, the down side is what you often learn is what a damn fool you were before"

Thomas Sowell

Our house is pretty isolated as well, we will take the kids near their school and trick or treat with some friends.  Although sometimes we stop off at our neighbors just to say hi, they give us some odd stuff when we do that.

Well then don't do it.

Deadlifts is (sadly) one if not the most important exercise there is, it must not be skipped. 

I bought a buttload of candy but I don't think we will be getting a single trick-or-treater this year

Halloween isn't big where you live? I'm also the only one in my neighborhood who celebrates it, which is pretty sad because I have enough candy to give an entire platoon of children the worst sugar rush of their lives.

• Like 1

I gazed at the dead, and for one dark moment I saw a banquet. 

American culture is so dominant that even though we don;t officially celebrate Halloween here, it's stil lsort of celebrated, there's pumpkins in the supermarkets, (not many, but usually none) there's lots of horror movies on tv, some people do even have decorations.

It's spreading...

And you know what. I like Halloween, it's a fun holiday I hope we'll one day officially adopt.

Remember: Argue the point, not the person. Remain polite and constructive. Friendly forums have friendly debate. There's no shame in being wrong. If you don't have something to add, don't post for the sake of it. And don't be afraid to post thoughts you are uncertain about, that's what discussion is for.
---
Pet threads, everyone has them. I love imagining Gods, Monsters, Factions and Weapons.

American culture is so dominant that even though we don;t officially celebrate Halloween here, it's stil lsort of celebrated, there's pumpkins in the supermarkets, (not many, but usually none) there's lots of horror movies on tv, some people do even have decorations.

It's spreading...

And you know what. I like Halloween, it's a fun holiday I hope we'll one day officially adopt.

Don't blame us... the Brits started this one. We just commercialized the hell out of it.

• Like 1

"While it is true you learn with age, the down side is what you often learn is what a damn fool you were before"

Thomas Sowell

Our office printer broke down a couple of months ago, and instead of repairing it we just ordered a new one (it's from 2008 so I figure they didn't think it was worth repairing it). Since then it's just been standing in a corner in the office, gathering dust. A few days ago I googled the error message that pops up on the screen of the printer. Turns out that the error message is worse than the actual fault. You only need to replace one part to get it going again, and it takes like five seconds to do this.

So I looked around a bit in the office storage. Found two black original toners (unopened) and one of each of the three colours (all original, unopened). Checked the internet, found out that these toners last for 8000 pages (the black ones 10000 pages) and cost around $250-300 each. Checked the printer's info, and it still has 3500 pages of black left, 6000+ pages of magenta and more than 90% left on the other two colours.

I asked my office manager what they were planning to do with the printer and he said "Recycle it". So I asked if I could take it home instead. He said yes.

Yesterday I found the part that is worn out on a webshop. It cost $285, but I figured it's worth it and ordered it. Tonight I installed the printer on my home wi-fi, and it works flawlessly (except that I can't yet print anything on it). I can reach it from all my computers and I can even print from my phone.

Oh, and my company has been bought by another company so we have to change logos. That means we had a lot of glossy, high quality paper that needed exchanging. I brought home 5000 sheets of this paper. Sure, it has our old logo on one side, but still.. excellent quality, and free.

So.. tomorrow I will (probably) be the proud owner of a colour laser printer that can print 22 colour pages per minute (albeit at only 600 dpi, but I saw what it can do and it's good enough for me) and has the capacity to print tens of thousands of pages before it needs anything (the part I ordered is supposed to last for 100,000 pages..)

I think I'll start by printing out every picture from KaineParker's attractive women thread. Because I can.

hp_zps7221aba8.jpg

It's a little big..

• Like 1

Swedes, go to: Spel2, for the latest game reviews in swedish!

It's spreading...

Don't blame us... the Brits started this one. We just commercialized the hell out of it.

Hey, trick or treating is an American thing. It was pretty much non-existent here in the UK until the last couple of decades. Samhain was a general European thing, and we kept it as a night for ghosts and ghoulies and things that go bump in the night.

"Cuius testiculos habeas, habeas cardia et cerebellum."

What I did today is 160kg dead lifts 5 reps 3 stints and I almost passed out each time I lifted the barbell. I'll probably never figure out how other lifters can lift weights far beyond 180kgs so easily, thats just totally insane. :blink:

Lifting beyond 150 feels like standing up while having an intense seizure that almost makes you crap out your guts.  I wonder how lifting 200kg+ feels like. 

Presumably you actually do crap your guts out.

Sounds lovely.

"It wasn't lies. It was just... bull****"."

-Elwood Blues

tarna's dead; processing... complete. Disappointed by Universe. RIP Hades/Sand/etc. Here's hoping your next alt has a harp.

Enoch, thanks to you, if my girlfriend skips shaving, I'm now going to say "Winter is Coming".

Epic. You musn't tell her why you say it. That way it will just get funnier. Trust me.

"It wasn't lies. It was just... bull****"."

-Elwood Blues

tarna's dead; processing... complete. Disappointed by Universe. RIP Hades/Sand/etc. Here's hoping your next alt has a harp.

Also, I should add that some of us have facial hair growth patterns that look faintly ridiculous when not supressed.  I'm a month into my present beard, and "rock star" isn't exactly a term I would use to describe it.

True, but at least week long stubble on guys is typically/usually considered "scruffy" or even "manly/sexy", vs. leg stubble which is generally considered "gross." Also, sheer nylons and long leg stubble do not go well together. ;)

Edit: I raked leaves today. Filled the bin. The yard looks like I didn't do anything. Drowning in leaves....

“Things are as they are. Looking out into the universe at night, we make no comparisons between right and wrong stars, nor between well and badly arranged constellations.” – Alan Watts

Spend the day modelling a 3d sculpt that looks a lot like Henry Rollins while listening to Abba. Happy Halloween!

• Like 1
I'd say the answer to that question is kind of like the answer to "who's the sucker in this poker game?"*

*If you can't tell, it's you. ;)

village_idiot.gif

Well then don't do it.

Deadlifts is (sadly) one if not the most important exercise there is, it must not be skipped. 

I bought a buttload of candy but I don't think we will be getting a single trick-or-treater this year

Halloween isn't big where you live? I'm also the only one in my neighborhood who celebrates it, which is pretty sad because I have enough candy to give an entire platoon of children the worst sugar rush of their lives.

Halloween is big but there aren't many kids in my neighborhood and even less so in my building

It was one of my favorite days of the year growing up even though I've never liked candy. I have I always thought it was kind of a magical night.

Free games updated 3/4/21

I'm drinking whiskey with friends and watching Halloween 1,2, and 4.

"Akiva Goldsman and Alex Kurtzman run the 21st century version of MK ULTRA." - majestic

"I'm gonna hunt you down so that I can slap you square in the mouth." - Bartimaeus

"Without individual thinking you can't notice the plot holes." - InsaneCommander

"Just feed off the suffering of gamers." - Malcador

"You are calling my taste crap." -Hurlshort

"thankfully it seems like the creators like Hungary less this time around." - Sarex

"Don't forget the wakame, dumbass" -Keyrock

"Are you trolling or just being inadvertently nonsensical?' -Pidesco

"we have already been forced to admit you are at least human" - uuuhhii

"I refuse to buy from non-woke businesses" - HoonDing

"feral camels are now considered a pest" - Gorth

"Melkathi is known to be an overly critical grumpy person" - Melkathi

"Oddly enough Sanderson was a lot more direct despite being a Mormon" - Zoraptor

"I found it greatly disturbing to scroll through my cartoon's halfing selection of genitalias." - Wormerine

"Am I phrasing in the most negative light for them? Yes, but it's not untrue." - ShadySands

Why skip 3? Also don't watch 5 it blows.

Edit: Holy Crap! Paul Rudd is on Halloween 6.

Edited by Orogun01
I'd say the answer to that question is kind of like the answer to "who's the sucker in this poker game?"*

*If you can't tell, it's you. ;)

village_idiot.gif

Why skip 3? Also don't watch 5 it blows.

The same reason we are skipping 5.

"Akiva Goldsman and Alex Kurtzman run the 21st century version of MK ULTRA." - majestic

"I'm gonna hunt you down so that I can slap you square in the mouth." - Bartimaeus

"Without individual thinking you can't notice the plot holes." - InsaneCommander

"Just feed off the suffering of gamers." - Malcador

"You are calling my taste crap." -Hurlshort

"thankfully it seems like the creators like Hungary less this time around." - Sarex

"Don't forget the wakame, dumbass" -Keyrock

"Are you trolling or just being inadvertently nonsensical?' -Pidesco

"we have already been forced to admit you are at least human" - uuuhhii

"I refuse to buy from non-woke businesses" - HoonDing

"feral camels are now considered a pest" - Gorth

"Melkathi is known to be an overly critical grumpy person" - Melkathi

"Oddly enough Sanderson was a lot more direct despite being a Mormon" - Zoraptor

"I found it greatly disturbing to scroll through my cartoon's halfing selection of genitalias." - Wormerine

"Am I phrasing in the most negative light for them? Yes, but it's not untrue." - ShadySands

I worked last night, what should have been a routine change ended up with us staying at the customer till 02:30 am. There was some anomaly in the OS and that effected the application I support. Anyway I got home and couldn't sleep till about 4:30 am and woke at 8:00 am so I'm feeling very tired -_-

I'll work from home today but on the plus side tomorrow night I'm going partying with an attractive young lady I met recently. She likes dressing up for Halloween so it should be loads of fun :dancing:

• Like 2

"Abashed the devil stood and felt how awful goodness is and saw Virtue in her shape how lovely: and pined his loss”

John Milton 

"We don't stop playing because we grow old; we grow old because we stop playing.” -  George Bernard Shaw

"What counts in life is not the mere fact that we have lived. It is what difference we have made to the lives of others that will determine the significance of the life we lead" - Nelson Mandela

Early-waking/can't get more then a few hours in a row of sleep syndrome again the past few days. ARGH. The internetz will savez me.

I've been amused at hubby the past few weeks, because after all this time playing the Borderlands games off and on, he's finally started to ... make item mules. Two or three of them. Plus using 2 PC's to flop chrs around, self-help his own chrs, and so on. Seems rather obsessed. It's almost like he's becoming ... a gamer!

• Like 1
“Things are as they are. Looking out into the universe at night, we make no comparisons between right and wrong stars, nor between well and badly arranged constellations.” – Alan Watts

Started on NaNoWriMo.

Wrote 100 words. Rewrote 100 words... 0,00002% of the novel done. Going shopping.

I think you needed something like 1700 words a day to make the goal.

Sadly I can't even find a point in my schedule to fit in writing in the next two weeks so I won't be able to participate yet again. :( I guess I'll do the screenplay thing in April instead.

So it's J-Day here (the annual launch of the christmas beer) - which is pretty much our equivalent of Halloween in terms of people going crazy.

I'm still feeling the effect of the influenza, but I really wanna go out.. Dilemma..

Also becayse Tuborg sends out "nisse piger" all night

jdag2.jpg

• Like 3

Fortune favors the bald.