Movies you've seen recently

LadyCrimson

The Professional (Leon). Still one of my favorite movies...

"There's a guy wants to talk to you."

"What's he look like?"

"...serious."

• Like 1
“Things are as they are. Looking out into the universe at night, we make no comparisons between right and wrong stars, nor between well and badly arranged constellations.” – Alan Watts

I used to love Logan's Run when I was a kid. And had a huge crush on Michael York. :lol:

York is a good actor; I can't think of a film I thought he was bad in (even if the surrounding film wasn't so hot). Logan's Run is, IMO, a pretty good film.

On an unrelated note, to clarify, I didn't think Keanu was moronic but the romance was in 47 Ronin (a missed apostrophe there). He actually does pretty decent in the role, I just think the romance itself doesn't work.

I cannot - yet I must. How do you calculate that? At what point on the graph do "must" and "cannot" meet? Yet I must - but I cannot! ~ Ro-Man

"What's he look like?"

"...serious."

Luc Besson's films have one of the most identifiable photography, that I ever seen. I can watch a movie without knowing that he was attached to it and it rings that bell. 

I'd say the answer to that question is kind of like the answer to "who's the sucker in this poker game?"*

*If you can't tell, it's you. ;)

village_idiot.gif

Zombie Ass: Tiolet of the Dead

"Akiva Goldsman and Alex Kurtzman run the 21st century version of MK ULTRA." - majestic

"I'm gonna hunt you down so that I can slap you square in the mouth." - Bartimaeus

"Without individual thinking you can't notice the plot holes." - InsaneCommander

"Just feed off the suffering of gamers." - Malcador

"You are calling my taste crap." -Hurlshort

"thankfully it seems like the creators like Hungary less this time around." - Sarex

"Don't forget the wakame, dumbass" -Keyrock

"Are you trolling or just being inadvertently nonsensical?' -Pidesco

"we have already been forced to admit you are at least human" - uuuhhii

"I refuse to buy from non-woke businesses" - HoonDing

"feral camels are now considered a pest" - Gorth

"Melkathi is known to be an overly critical grumpy person" - Melkathi

"Oddly enough Sanderson was a lot more direct despite being a Mormon" - Zoraptor

"I found it greatly disturbing to scroll through my cartoon's halfing selection of genitalias." - Wormerine

"Am I phrasing in the most negative light for them? Yes, but it's not untrue." - ShadySands

About Time - I don't usually like anything involving time travel but I really enjoyed this movie and I think it's probably because they limited time travel to only the traveler's past. I laughed more than I expected to and even though my wife cried a bit she admitted to liking it a lot as well

Free games updated 3/4/21

"What's he look like?"

"...serious."

Luc Besson's films have one of the most identifiable photography, that I ever seen. I can watch a movie without knowing that he was attached to it and it rings that bell. 

Aziz! Light!

• Like 3

All Stop. On Screen.

Django Unchained. Probably my favorite Tarantino film.

Does Sherlock count as movies or TV? Because a 90 minute runtime for each episode is essentially movies. Either way, marathoned the first 6 episodes, fantastic.

• Like 1
The area between the balls and the butt is a hotbed of terrorist activity.

Devastatorsig.jpg

I just watched the first episode of that after struggling to find the time all week. How on earth do you have time to Marathon it?

"Sleep. It is for the weak...."  :shifty:

"Cuius testiculos habeas, habeas cardia et cerebellum."

I'd say Sherlock is technically TV (I tend to think of it as a mini-series) but either or. ;)

The 2nd series I've only seen once. I should watch it again, but I haven't bought it on disc yet and I don't feel like waiting until 2am to watch it on Netflix again.

“Things are as they are. Looking out into the universe at night, we make no comparisons between right and wrong stars, nor between well and badly arranged constellations.” – Alan Watts

I just watched the first episode of that after struggling to find the time all week. How on earth do you have time to Marathon it?

Well, we did series 1 on Thursday, and series 2 on Friday. Up until 3am both nights after the kids went to bed. I consider 4.5 hours in a row of one show marathoning.

Edited by Oerwinde
The area between the balls and the butt is a hotbed of terrorist activity.

Devastatorsig.jpg

Well, we did series 1 on Thursday, and series 2 on Friday. Up until 3am both nights after the kids went to bed. I consider 4.5 hours in a row of one show marathoning.

Series 3 is supposed to be out for DVD on February 11th according to Amazon.  :)

What? That early? I thought the first episode of Season 3 was first aired this week or something. I mean, I know they have it all filmed and such, but ... I guess I'm used to the US where they typically make people wait 3-6 months before you can buy TV/movies on physical medium. Maybe its regional, not US? ... I'll have to check.

What? That early? I thought the first episode of Season 3 was first aired this week or something. I mean, I know they have it all filmed and such, but ... I guess I'm used to the US where they typically make people wait 3-6 months before you can buy TV/movies on physical medium. Maybe its regional, not US? ... I'll have to check.

Surprised me too, but that's what Amazon says and this link says so as well:

http://www.dvdsreleasedates.com/releases/2014/2/new-dvd-releases-february-2014

and this:

http://www.tvshowsondvd.com/news/Sherlock-Season-3/19205

Edited by kgambit

Well that's cool. Then I guess I'll have to decide whether to get DVD or Blu-Ray. Or both. I like Blu-Ray of course but I don't have it on my PC, so I can't watch those in here when I feel like it and thus still often buy plain ol' DVD's.

Oh well that's doable with some leftover freetime. When you said "marathoned the first 6 episodes" I thought you meant the whole 9 hours in one go.

I treated myself to 47 Ronin, why does Hollywood think we need so much exposition? I'm not stupid, you don't have to tell your Japanese daughter what seppuku is, everybody in Japan knows.

It was an engaging but ultimately tame Americanisation of a well known Japanese tale.

Remember: Argue the point, not the person. Remain polite and constructive. Friendly forums have friendly debate. There's no shame in being wrong. If you don't have something to add, don't post for the sake of it. And don't be afraid to post thoughts you are uncertain about, that's what discussion is for.
---
Pet threads, everyone has them. I love imagining Gods, Monsters, Factions and Weapons.

And, how does everyone in Japan know what seppuku is? Because, everyone was TOLD what it was. It's called LEARNING. Unless you racist and you think Japanese pick it up by osmosis or such knowledge  is link to familial blood. L0LZ

• Like 2

DWARVES IN PROJECT ETERNITY = VOLOURN HAS PLEDGED $250.

All these hollywoodized movies of Japanese/Asian origin are boring. They interest me as much as a Japanese version of King Arthur or Julius Caesar.

• Like 1

"Some men see things as they are and say why?"
"I dream things that never were and say why not?"
- George Bernard Shaw

"Hope in reality is the worst of all evils because it prolongs the torments of man."
- Friedrich Nietzsche

"The amount of energy necessary to refute bull**** is an order of magnitude bigger than to produce it."

- Some guy 

All these hollywoodized movies of Japanese/Asian origin are boring. They interest me as much as a Japanese version of King Arthur or Julius Caesar.

Hey, Throne of Blood is a damn incredible version of Macbeth set in Japan. That's certainly worthwhile watching.

"Cuius testiculos habeas, habeas cardia et cerebellum."

Hey, Throne of Blood is a damn incredible version of Macbeth set in Japan. That's certainly worthwhile watching.

Yeah, exactly the same. Not like they changed anything at all or anything.

"Some men see things as they are and say why?"
"I dream things that never were and say why not?"
- George Bernard Shaw

"Hope in reality is the worst of all evils because it prolongs the torments of man."
- Friedrich Nietzsche

"The amount of energy necessary to refute bull**** is an order of magnitude bigger than to produce it."

- Some guy