What you did today

Rosbjerg

Came down with a cold. Thanks sick co-workers who come to work contagious! Been sick since Saturday. :(

• Like 1

I cannot - yet I must. How do you calculate that? At what point on the graph do "must" and "cannot" meet? Yet I must - but I cannot! ~ Ro-Man

Came down with a cold. Thanks sick co-workers who come to work contagious! Been sick since Saturday. :(

I ****ing hate that behaviour, but in my epxerience it's down to poor HR practices.

"It wasn't lies. It was just... bull****"."

-Elwood Blues

tarna's dead; processing... complete. Disappointed by Universe. RIP Hades/Sand/etc. Here's hoping your next alt has a harp.

Although rare, when I do get sick I always go to work. Why burn a day off to be sick, that's everyone else's problem. :lol: Seriously though, who takes a day off because of a cold? They don't even do that in schools. Whooping cough or dysentery or something like that, sure, but a common cold? C'mon.

When I worked in an office people would always come in sick (unless they were on death's door and sometimes even then) and we got a little more than a week of paid sick days a year that are separate from vacation and whatever else. But like Gfted1 said nobody wanted to burn on day off on being sick and would save those sick days and instead use them as an extra week of vacation

Free games updated 3/4/21

Although rare, when I do get sick I always go to work. Why burn a day off to be sick, that's everyone else's problem. :lol: Seriously though, who takes a day off because of a cold? They don't even do that in schools. Whooping cough or dysentery or something like that, sure, but a common cold? C'mon.

Depends really, if I have a fever, then to hell with that I'll just stay home and rest up as commuting sitting in my poorly ventilated office with our nasty distilled water is a worse option. Can always work from home, as well. If it's just the nasty mucus stage of it, well that's ok and relatively easy to try to avoid infecting everyone else.

But then again something to be said for just taking a day away.

Why has elegance found so little following? Elegance has the disadvantage that hard work is needed to achieve it and a good education to appreciate it. - Edsger Wybe Dijkstra

Working and performing physically demanding tasks while having fever can lead to heart complications and death. A co-worker (office-worker) of a friend of mine had the flu and went to work regardless, a couple of days later he felt worse and instead of going home from work he went to the hospital, still being on the phone managing business stuff.
The same day he fell into a coma because of cardiac death from a severe case pancarditis (inflammation of the entire heart). He died two days later. 

Working with a running nose and a cough? Sure, thats not so bad, working with fever however can really screw up your body.

• Like 1

I gazed at the dead, and for one dark moment I saw a banquet. 

Well, the best way to deal with sickness and fever is not to get sick in the first place. I do lots of sports which greatly increases the efficiency and effectiveness of my immune system. During the colder times of the year (flu time) I wash my hands at least a dozen times / day and I only breathe through my nose. In the last 8 years I was sick only twice, a total of 6 days.  (once right after a rock concert, stupid filthy portable toilets)
You simply have to turn your body into a f**ing impenetrable fort guarded by highly trained elite troops and effective well maintained defense systems. 

Edited by Woldan
  • Like 1

I gazed at the dead, and for one dark moment I saw a banquet. 

I smoke and rarely ever exercise although I get around on a bicycle so that helps a little. The last time i was really sick  (from an under cooked chicken) was two years ago, something like that. Not counting headaches which i get when i don't use my glasses. 

What I hear is about 30 mins to an hour a day of exercise, doesn't matter how hard it is just keep the heart rate up without interruption, is where you should be. Any more than that makes no difference, and of course too much is bad for you. That said I can't remember the last time I did 30 mins of uninterrupted exercise. 

Na na  na na  na na  ...

greg358 from Darksouls 3 PVP is a CHEATER.

That is all.

Well I had a cough anytime I talked and I'd lost a good bit of sleep (so was probably a bit of a danger driving to work). To be honest I could have came to work (I had lost the fever during the weekend so shouldn't have been contagious) but my experience is going back on that day would mean I'd have symptoms that linger around longer. I didn't have any projects due and its a lull period in my work cycle.

Mind you I don't go into work when I'm contagious full stop. Since I'm the manager of the area - enough people call out and I have to do their jobs and I'm not masochistic enough to want them to get sick. ;)

I cannot - yet I must. How do you calculate that? At what point on the graph do "must" and "cannot" meet? Yet I must - but I cannot! ~ Ro-Man

Celebrated 19 years with my Dear One in the Roost of Green Dragons ;)

Nice one :) But I have no idea what the Roost of Green Dragons is...and I'm not being lazy. Even a quick search through Yahoo didn't reveal anything definitive?

"Abashed the devil stood and felt how awful goodness is and saw Virtue in her shape how lovely: and pined his loss”

John Milton 

"We don't stop playing because we grow old; we grow old because we stop playing.” -  George Bernard Shaw

"What counts in life is not the mere fact that we have lived. It is what difference we have made to the lives of others that will determine the significance of the life we lead" - Nelson Mandela

Well I had a cough anytime I talked and I'd lost a good bit of sleep (so was probably a bit of a danger driving to work). To be honest I could have came to work (I had lost the fever during the weekend so shouldn't have been contagious) but my experience is going back on that day would mean I'd have symptoms that linger around longer. I didn't have any projects due and its a lull period in my work cycle.

Mind you I don't go into work when I'm contagious full stop. Since I'm the manager of the area - enough people call out and I have to do their jobs and I'm not masochistic enough to want them to get sick. ;)

Since my work isn't "physical", I try to make up my mind whether or not it's bad enough to cloud my judgement. If it is, I stay home. The dollar cost of bad calls are significant. Apart from that, I once hurt a clients overseas sale by spending a week in their overseas sales office. One week later, they had all caught whatever it was I had. They still like to remind me of that all these years later :sweat:

@Woldan: In my experience, adrenaline and stress hormones are the most efficient immune boosters. It never fails, as soon as I get a few days off from work and look forward to finally relax a bit, I come down with something.

“He who joyfully marches to music in rank and file has already earned my contempt. He has been given a large brain by mistake, since for him the spinal cord would surely suffice.” - Albert Einstein

Nice one :) But I have no idea what the Roost of Green Dragons is...and I'm not being lazy. Even a quick search through Yahoo didn't reveal anything definitive?

Fio and his beloved are the green dragons. They're roosting. Dunno what else to tell you.

• Like 1

I used to work with this tool who always came to work with a stinking cold. "I've never had a day off sick," he'd sniff proudly, then cough on me. He was a plague vector. He might not have had a day off sick, but the rest of the office did after he bloody well infected them.

• Like 2

sonsofgygax.JPG

I agree with Woldan that washing your goddamn hands makes a big difference. Bugs get o n your hands, and from there onto your face, sweat carries it into your mouth, or they just migrate into your nose.

British public transport (which I otherwise quite like) is just smeared in sh**e. Because British people don't seem to feel it's important to wash their hands. Shameful but true.

In winter I wash my hands AND wear gloves everywhere.

• Like 4

-Elwood Blues

tarna's dead; processing... complete. Disappointed by Universe. RIP Hades/Sand/etc. Here's hoping your next alt has a harp.

BREAK BREAK

OK, I'm having "that" conversation with besotted lady, where one tries to tell her to calm down without her flinging herself into a rosebush or something. Fortunately in this case via the interwebz.

Can everyone please wish me luck?

• Like 3

-Elwood Blues

Fio and his beloved are the green dragons. They're roosting. Dunno what else to tell you.

Oh ..I get it now :sweat:

I though it was some sort of event or restaurant

"Abashed the devil stood and felt how awful goodness is and saw Virtue in her shape how lovely: and pined his loss”

John Milton 

"We don't stop playing because we grow old; we grow old because we stop playing.” -  George Bernard Shaw

"What counts in life is not the mere fact that we have lived. It is what difference we have made to the lives of others that will determine the significance of the life we lead" - Nelson Mandela

I used to work with this tool who always came to work with a stinking cold. "I've never had a day off sick," he'd sniff proudly, then cough on me. He was a plague vector. He might not have had a day off sick, but the rest of the office did after he bloody well infected them.

No offense to anyone on these forums but I find it exasperating when people come to work sick and make others sick :x

John Milton