What you did today

Rosbjerg

Yesterday, the proper musical education of my six year old has begun. He now has an an old radio/CD player and through some judicious use of Youtube, he chose the following songs, which I used to make a mix CD:

ugly kid joe - neighbor
metallica - enter sandman
Nirvana - Smells Like Teen Spirit
The Datsuns - MF From Hell
Queens of the Stone Age - No one Knows
Jet - Are You Gonna Be My Girl?
silverchair - lie to me
Foo Fighters - Everlong
Phineas and Ferb - Somebody Give Me a Grade
The Offspring - Mota
The Offspring - Genocide
The Black Keys - Lonely Boy
The Black Keys - Howlin' For You
Melvins - Revolve
Phineas and Ferb - E.V.I.L. B.O.Y.S
Brocas Helm - Cry Of The Banshee

He likes electric guitars and wants to grow his hair out. He is six years old and awesome.

• Like 3

"My hovercraft is full of eels!" - Hungarian tourist
I am Dan Quayle of the Romans.
I want to tattoo a map of the Netherlands on my nether lands.
Heja Sverige!!
Everyone should cuffawkle more.
The wrench is your friend. :bat:

bored, raining all day, browsing IMDB for intelligent comedies I haven't seen, and not finding any. lots of big red text comedies though, you know, the ones which make you want to tear your eyes out.

Have you seen Death at a Funeral? The original british version, not the whose-who of african american comedians remake.

• Like 1

Dog-sitting again. He's still not recovered from that biopsy, and the painkillers really don't seem to be effective. Having a german shepherd that has a fairly constant pain-filled whine/whimper and not being able to get comfortable ..  Not sure what I can really do , but I can understand why my sister couldn't leave him home alone like this.

"Cuius testiculos habeas, habeas cardia et cerebellum."

Went to see God's Own Junkyard.

thrills.jpg

Very cool. And run by nice people. Worth checking out.

• Like 1

"It wasn't lies. It was just... bull****"."

-Elwood Blues

tarna's dead; processing... complete. Disappointed by Universe. RIP Hades/Sand/etc. Here's hoping your next alt has a harp.

Went to see God's Own Junkyard.

thrills.jpg

Very cool. And run by nice people. Worth checking out.

Wow that is something very different. Looks really interesting :)

"Abashed the devil stood and felt how awful goodness is and saw Virtue in her shape how lovely: and pined his loss”

John Milton 

"We don't stop playing because we grow old; we grow old because we stop playing.” -  George Bernard Shaw

"What counts in life is not the mere fact that we have lived. It is what difference we have made to the lives of others that will determine the significance of the life we lead" - Nelson Mandela

bored, raining all day, browsing IMDB for intelligent comedies I haven't seen, and not finding any. lots of big red text comedies though, you know, the ones which make you want to tear your eyes out.

Have you seen Death at a Funeral? The original british version, not the whose-who of african american comedians remake.

No! I'll check it out, thanks!

Remember: Argue the point, not the person. Remain polite and constructive. Friendly forums have friendly debate. There's no shame in being wrong. If you don't have something to add, don't post for the sake of it. And don't be afraid to post thoughts you are uncertain about, that's what discussion is for.
---
Pet threads, everyone has them. I love imagining Gods, Monsters, Factions and Weapons.

Thank you everyone. It was a FANTASTIC trip. Anyone who goes to Hawaii and only sees Maui or Oahu is missing out. The small islands are the best part of that state. We didn't do a lot of the touristy stuff, we just explored on our own. We went to Fern Grotto, went swimming in the waterfalls at Alakai. Steph got scuba certified and we went diving twice, she LOVED it. I hadn't been diving since I moved away from Florida. We watched Games 3 & 4 of the Rays/Red Sox series from the beach lounge in the resort with a couple from Lowell MA. Obviously that didn't turn out well but I got over it quick. Finally on Wednesday night we were going to go out for dinner but ended up just ordering room service and sitting on the beach outside the villa and I figured that was the best time to do it so I just told her I had one last birthday present for her, gave the ring and just asked. I think it really surprised her. But she said yes right away.

One thing struck me on the way home. Most of you know the story but I was in a bad car accident a few years ago. It completely screwed up my life. For the most part that is history now but if it wasn't for that I'd never have met Stephanie. I don't know if I'd go so far to say that some things are "meant" to happen or that we have some kind of preordained destiny. But sometimes it's hard to dismiss that notion too.  

Sounds like a great trip.  :)

Did you dive at the back wall of Molokini Crater?  

They would only let divers with the basic certification do 60-40 dives so that meant no wall dives. But we went to Na Poli where she did her basic open water dives. They let me and a few other friends/spouses who were already certified come along with the class. Then we went to a site they called The Rockets for the second dive. Then the next day we went to Mana Crack which is a huge reef with a 70' cut through the middle. Beautiful, just beautiful. When we got home I showed her some pictures I took at Ginnie Springs & Pea**** Slough in Florida and she is jazzed about seeing those in person. Hmmmm sounds like a fun honeymoon idea actually.

"While it is true you learn with age, the down side is what you often learn is what a damn fool you were before"

Thomas Sowell

Currently drinking some whiskey and contemplating whether to play video games or watch something.

• Like 1

"Akiva Goldsman and Alex Kurtzman run the 21st century version of MK ULTRA." - majestic

"I'm gonna hunt you down so that I can slap you square in the mouth." - Bartimaeus

"Without individual thinking you can't notice the plot holes." - InsaneCommander

"Just feed off the suffering of gamers." - Malcador

"You are calling my taste crap." -Hurlshort

"thankfully it seems like the creators like Hungary less this time around." - Sarex

"Don't forget the wakame, dumbass" -Keyrock

"Are you trolling or just being inadvertently nonsensical?' -Pidesco

"we have already been forced to admit you are at least human" - uuuhhii

"I refuse to buy from non-woke businesses" - HoonDing

"feral camels are now considered a pest" - Gorth

"Melkathi is known to be an overly critical grumpy person" - Melkathi

"Oddly enough Sanderson was a lot more direct despite being a Mormon" - Zoraptor

"I found it greatly disturbing to scroll through my cartoon's halfing selection of genitalias." - Wormerine

"Am I phrasing in the most negative light for them? Yes, but it's not untrue." - ShadySands

Currently drinking some whiskey and contemplating whether to play video games or watch something.

Video games of course! Especially if they require some eye hand coordination. Don't even both with the TV. There is nothing on and you'd get nothing out of it anyway.

• Like 1

"While it is true you learn with age, the down side is what you often learn is what a damn fool you were before"

Thomas Sowell

Video games of course! Especially if they require some eye hand coordination. Don't even both with the TV. There is nothing on and you'd get nothing out of it anyway.
Except last night's football games. 'Hawks v. Titans is worth it for the screwups alone.

Got called to assist in a police hearing. Hate those, mess up the schedule and the pay is never worth it.

Been really tired for a couple of weeks, but today was a lot better. Hope this newfound energy stays with me. Gonna try an early night.

You're a cheery wee bugger, Nep. Have I ever said that?

ahyes.gifReapercussionsahyes.gif

Day off work, so enjoying that and some sleep.

Why has elegance found so little following? Elegance has the disadvantage that hard work is needed to achieve it and a good education to appreciate it. - Edsger Wybe Dijkstra

Got my ice hockey mask for my Halloween costume, I wish it was true NHL mask from the 80's (virtually impossible to obtain in Europe) but this cheap € 3 copy will do. Drilled a few extra holes in it to make it look better. Tried it on, looks good enough, I'm sure I can greatly improve the mask and my ''costume'' when I add some scratches, dirt and lots of fake blood. 

My minimalistic costume, early beta stage:

halloweenunfinished_zps4a733f1c.jpg

• Like 3

I gazed at the dead, and for one dark moment I saw a banquet. 

Got my ice hockey mask for my Halloween costume, I wish it was true NHL mask from the 80's (virtually impossible to obtain in Europe) but this cheap € 3 copy will do. Drilled a few extra holes in it to make it look better. Tried it on, looks good enough, I'm sure I can greatly improve the mask and my ''costume'' when I add some scratches, dirt and lots of fake blood. 

My minimalistic costume, early beta stage:

halloweenunfinished_zps4a733f1c.jpg

Some appropriately placed blood spatters and you're good to go.  :)

Thanks guys. I was thinking about replacing the semi-transparent apron with a completely white one so the blood is more visible, but I guess being dressed all white doesn't look so good. 

I gazed at the dead, and for one dark moment I saw a banquet. 

Thanks guys. I was thinking about replacing the semi-transparent apron with a completely white one so the blood is more visible, but I guess being dressed all white doesn't look so good. 

Sure, if you want people to say "Look, is slutty Jason Vorhees" :p

• Like 2
I'd say the answer to that question is kind of like the answer to "who's the sucker in this poker game?"*

*If you can't tell, it's you. ;)

village_idiot.gif

Watching football instead of work. Germany up 3-2!

Why has elegance found so little following? Elegance has the disadvantage that hard work is needed to achieve it and a good education to appreciate it. - Edsger Wybe Dijkstra

Woldan has the psycho eyes behind the mask down. :lol:

Watching baseball this afternoon and otherwise goofing off.

“Things are as they are. Looking out into the universe at night, we make no comparisons between right and wrong stars, nor between well and badly arranged constellations.” – Alan Watts

Woldan has the psycho eyes behind the mask down.  :lol:

That comes from my method acting. :grin:

Hmmmm, would a chainsaw be better than an axe?

Thomas Sowell

I spent the day reviewing a new job bid and finalizing design on the Louisville airport project. Now I'm going to veg out watching animal shows on the Smithsonian channel before baseball comes on.

Thomas Sowell

I spent the day reviewing a new job bid and finalizing design on the Louisville airport project. Now I'm going to veg out watching animal shows on the Smithsonian channel before baseball comes on.

Red Sox - Detroit already started.  In the top of the 5th inning, no score. 

Edited by kgambit

Holy CRAP! You're right!

Thomas Sowell