Dragon Age: Inquisition

Gorth

If it's any good I might give it a try on my new PS4 and become console scum.

Stay strong brother, fight the temptation!

Seriously though, if you want to buy a console I would recommend you wait until they release the version where they have worked out all the kinks. On a related note, I can't wait to see what the RRD of this gen will be.

I'd say the answer to that question is kind of like the answer to "who's the sucker in this poker game?"*

*If you can't tell, it's you. ;)

village_idiot.gif

Just barking, slashing and bashing.

That sounds like some kinky sex.

"Akiva Goldsman and Alex Kurtzman run the 21st century version of MK ULTRA." - majestic

"I'm gonna hunt you down so that I can slap you square in the mouth." - Bartimaeus

"Without individual thinking you can't notice the plot holes." - InsaneCommander

"Just feed off the suffering of gamers." - Malcador

"You are calling my taste crap." -Hurlshort

"thankfully it seems like the creators like Hungary less this time around." - Sarex

"Don't forget the wakame, dumbass" -Keyrock

"Are you trolling or just being inadvertently nonsensical?' -Pidesco

"we have already been forced to admit you are at least human" - uuuhhii

"I refuse to buy from non-woke businesses" - HoonDing

"feral camels are now considered a pest" - Gorth

"Melkathi is known to be an overly critical grumpy person" - Melkathi

"Oddly enough Sanderson was a lot more direct despite being a Mormon" - Zoraptor

"I found it greatly disturbing to scroll through my cartoon's halfing selection of genitalias." - Wormerine

"Am I phrasing in the most negative light for them? Yes, but it's not untrue." - ShadySands

spoken like a man who reads a lot of grant morrison

Killing is kind of like playin' a basketball game. I am there. and the other player is there. and it's just the two of us. and I put the other player's body in my van. and I am the winner. - Nice Pete.

spoken like a man who reads a lot of grant morrison

Or Alan Moore, but I suppose then it would involve rape.

Anyways, the dialogue wheel looks improved at least, but I would prefer to see combat on a PC before I consider getting this. Also, Warriors being able to use a ranged weapon instead of relying on a grappling hook would be nice.

• Like 1

"Akiva Goldsman and Alex Kurtzman run the 21st century version of MK ULTRA." - majestic

"I'm gonna hunt you down so that I can slap you square in the mouth." - Bartimaeus

"Without individual thinking you can't notice the plot holes." - InsaneCommander

"thankfully it seems like the creators like Hungary less this time around." - Sarex

"Oddly enough Sanderson was a lot more direct despite being a Mormon" - Zoraptor

"I found it greatly disturbing to scroll through my cartoon's halfing selection of genitalias." - Wormerine

"Am I phrasing in the most negative light for them? Yes, but it's not untrue." - ShadySands

Dragon's Dogma is overrated. It was fun at first but got so boring I simply stopped putting it into my xbox to continue. DA2 is overrated. We'll see if this is better. If is just  a bunch of empty spaces where you can ride your horse: YAWN.

DA2's combat was hella fun with only two weaknesess. they fix those it'll be beyond awesome.

DWARVES IN PROJECT ETERNITY = VOLOURN HAS PLEDGED $250.

Dragon's Dogma is overrated. It was fun at first but got so boring I simply stopped putting it into my xbox to continue. DA2 is overrated. We'll see if this is better. If is just  a bunch of empty spaces where you can ride your horse: YAWN.

DA2's combat was hella fun with only two weaknesess. they fix those it'll be beyond awesome.

did you try Dark Arisen?  it has a number of changes which eliminate a lot of the tedium that the original dragon's dogma had.  That said, I fully recognize that DD was not a game for everyone.  it does have a handful of design flaws that might be too hard for some folk to overlook

Killing is kind of like playin' a basketball game. I am there. and the other player is there. and it's just the two of us. and I put the other player's body in my van. and I am the winner. - Nice Pete.

I have thought about that myself. I'd love it if there was a young and sweet romanceable character, who's innocence factor goes through the roof to drive all the lonely manchilds mental... only to find out she has a highly contagious and fatal STD after you finally got to bed with her!

Aww man, the maelstrom of rage that would cause would keep me entertained for weeks!

You need to buy the new and improved Wasteland and have sex with one of the prostitutes in that game..  :dancing:

LaQqh4m.jpg

• Like 1

DA2's combat was hella fun with only two weaknesess.

Yeah, the encounter design and the combat mechanics :p

Off topic, claimed the Wasteland from GoG rather than Steam.

On topic (ok, semi on topic). Ran across this link a while ago. May or may not be redundant/posted already.

Matt Rhodes

Showing a lot of old and recent concept art from Biowares games (including the original Tali with no mask)

• Like 5

“He who joyfully marches to music in rank and file has already earned my contempt. He has been given a large brain by mistake, since for him the spinal cord would surely suffice.” - Albert Einstein

On topic (ok, semi on topic). Ran across this link a while ago. May or may not be redundant/posted already.

Matt Rhodes

Showing a lot of old and recent concept art from Biowares games (including the original Tali with no mask)

tali_unmasked.jpg

I'm pretty sure the ending shenanigans wouldn't been anything next to apocalypse the talimancers would have raised if Tali would have looked like that :p

I'm pretty sure the ending shenanigans wouldn't been anything next to apocalypse the talimancers would have raised if Tali would have looked like that :p

That would've been awesome, would've been really nice to show the shallowness of people that way. ;)

Then again, Bioware would've had to hire Secret Service (SS? Really? XD) for protection. You don't get between a nerd and his fapping!

Edited by Azdeus

Civilization, in fact, grows more and more maudlin and hysterical; especially under democracy it tends to degenerate into a mere combat of crazes; the whole aim of practical politics is to keep the populace alarmed (and hence clamorous to be led to safety) by menacing it with an endless series of hobgoblins, most of them imaginary. - H.L. Mencken

I wish they would have gone with one of the more alien Tali concepts

quarian-model.jpg

Tali_01.jpg

tali_unmasked.jpg

rather than stock photograph Tali (I like the top one the most).  The stock photo was such a weak ass copout.

• Like 2

sky_twister_suzu.gif.bca4b31c6a14735a9a4b5a279a428774.gif
🇺🇸RFK Jr 2024🇺🇸

"Any organization created out of fear must create fear to survive." - Bill Hicks

On topic (ok, semi on topic). Ran across this link a while ago. May or may not be redundant/posted already.Matt RhodesShowing a lot of old and recent concept art from Biowares games (including the original Tali with no mask)

tali_unmasked.jpgI'm pretty sure the ending shenanigans wouldn't been anything next to apocalypse the talimancers would have raised if Tali would have looked like that :p

If only, that would have been hilarious.

Class action lawsuits for mental scarring are not hilarious, they are serious business!

(More importantly, is Tali a reptile in those pictures and if so, does she not sweat as a consequence?)

It's a lovely **** off to that one guy who did an entire paper explaining the chemistry of why Tali's sweat was great, which in the end amounted to a big pile of " I believe"

• Like 2
I'd say the answer to that question is kind of like the answer to "who's the sucker in this poker game?"*

*If you can't tell, it's you. ;)

village_idiot.gif

I must have missed an interesting debate somewhere? :unsure:

“He who joyfully marches to music in rank and file has already earned my contempt. He has been given a large brain by mistake, since for him the spinal cord would surely suffice.” - Albert Einstein

"interesting" rather than interesting. It's also absolutely brilliant as I have no idea whatsoever if it is serious or the most brilliant troll of all time.

On a side note I now have "Tali's sweat" on my google search history...

Holy ****, that is either really really really sad and pathetic, or, as you wrote, some really fantastic trolling.

sky_twister_suzu.gif.bca4b31c6a14735a9a4b5a279a428774.gif
🇺🇸RFK Jr 2024🇺🇸

"Any organization created out of fear must create fear to survive." - Bill Hicks

Of course, Tali mentions her sweat, in dialogue, at the get-together party pad DLC at the end of ME3. So if it was trolling, it was the homerun of trolling.  

I'm not sure what you mean here, it was hardly the only reference to fandom peculiarities in the DLC. Considering the air time it has gotten here and elsewhere, it would have been a surprise had it not been referred there. :p

You're a cheery wee bugger, Nep. Have I ever said that?

ahyes.gifReapercussionsahyes.gif

Of course, Tali mentions her sweat, in dialogue, at the get-together party pad DLC at the end of ME3. So if it was trolling, it was the homerun of trolling.  

I'm not sure what you mean here, it was hardly the only reference to fandom peculiarities in the DLC. Considering the air time it has gotten here and elsewhere, it would have been a surprise had it not been referred there. :p

This is an old discussion but still relevant, to be honest I'm not sure what the fuss is? So 12 fans or so took a real interest in a topic that most of wouldn't even think about. So what? Let people discuss what they want about a game, they aren't harming anyone are they :unsure:

The main reason I have an issue with this discussion is that its used in numerous debates to highlight how depraved and bizarre BSN has become. When in fact it represents one discussion compared to  hundreds that occur on a daily basis at BSN. I just think people are making a big deal about a small minority of hard core fans as if everyone at BSN is like that  :)

• Like 2

"Abashed the devil stood and felt how awful goodness is and saw Virtue in her shape how lovely: and pined his loss”

John Milton 

"We don't stop playing because we grow old; we grow old because we stop playing.” -  George Bernard Shaw

"What counts in life is not the mere fact that we have lived. It is what difference we have made to the lives of others that will determine the significance of the life we lead" - Nelson Mandela