Dragon Age: Inquisition

Gorth

Yeah having heard the relevant passage, they were very much of the "yeah, maybe, someday" kind of comments.

Still I'd like to see it happen.

Edited by Amentep

I cannot - yet I must. How do you calculate that? At what point on the graph do "must" and "cannot" meet? Yet I must - but I cannot! ~ Ro-Man

What is with BioWare's obsession with adding moles to the characters as the series progresses?  In the trailer, Morrigan now has two prominent moles on her face, one above her lip and one just under her eye (I believe).  I don't recall her having those moles in DAO.  Shepard, also, seems to have a bad case of melanoma, as by ME3 his entire back is covered in them, and he's got that massive one on the side of his neck.

It's obviously a minor issue compared to everything else, but I'm just not sure why they seem to do this with a lot of their characters from one game to the next.  Is adding these moles to characters who previously didn't have them some sort of artistic thumping of the chest proclaiming that now they have the technology to do it, they did it?

• Like 1

"Console exclusive is such a harsh word." - Darque

"Console exclusive is two words Darque." - Nartwak (in response to Darque's observation)

reverse-2253445yu5.gif

...WHO LUVS YA, BABY!!...

• Like 1

A long, long time ago, but I can still remember,
How the Trolling used to make me smile.
And I knew if I had my chance, I could egg on a few Trolls to "dance",
And maybe we'd be happy for a while.
But then Krackhead left and so did Klown;
Volo and Turnip were banned, Mystake got run out o' town.
Bad news on the Front Page,
BIOweenia said goodbye in a heated rage.
I can't remember if I cried
When I heard that TORN was recently fried,
But sadness touched me deep inside,
The day...Black Isle died.

For tarna, Visc, an' the rest o' the ol' Islanders that fell along the way

Bioware is shamelessly pandering to the mole-co reed demographic it seems.

• Like 1

"Akiva Goldsman and Alex Kurtzman run the 21st century version of MK ULTRA." - majestic

"you're a damned filthy lying robot and you deserve to die and burn in hell." - Bartimaeus

"Without individual thinking you can't notice the plot holes." - InsaneCommander

"Just feed off the suffering of gamers." - Malcador

"You are calling my taste crap." -Hurlshort

"thankfully it seems like the creators like Hungary less this time around." - Sarex

"Don't forget the wakame, dumbass" -Keyrock

"Are you trolling or just being inadvertently nonsensical?' -Pidesco

"we have already been forced to admit you are at least human" - uuuhhii

"I refuse to buy from non-woke businesses" - HoonDing

"feral camels are now considered a pest" - Gorth

"Melkathi is known to be an overly critical grumpy person" - Melkathi

"Oddly enough Sanderson was a lot more direct despite being a Mormon" - Zoraptor

"I found it greatly disturbing to scroll through my cartoon's halfing selection of genitalias." - Wormerine

"I love cheese despite the pain and carnage." - ShadySands

is possible that the real life person(s) who was initial model for the bespeckled character has spots. dunno. maybe some biowarian has channeled dennis hooper from Apocalypse Now, and is like, trying to keep it real... man.

HA! Good Fun!

"If there be time to expose through discussion the falsehood and fallacies, to avert the evil by the processes of education, the remedy to be applied is more speech, not enforced silence."Justice Louis Brandeis, Concurring, Whitney v. California, 274 U.S. 357 (1927)

"Im indifferent to almost any murder as long as it doesn't affect me or mine."--Gfted1 (September 30, 2019)

So why is Gaider going on a rampage? Assuming this is his genuine account, he's kind of making a pretty bold, uh, statement here.

Gah, I suck at quoting tweets, but drop down a few tweets, he's making "internet definitions" of canon and stuffs. I fail to see the reasoning - he's just justifying some of the dickish behavior he receives from 'fans'.
Edited by anubite

I made a 2 hour rant video about dragon age 2. It's not the greatest... but if you want to watch it, here ya go:

I don't actively follow Bio anymore - atleast not much since they switched over to the BSN - but I do follow Gaider's twitter. He's always been one of the most accessible developers and speaks his mind and takes his licks very well. He'll banter sometimes playfully, sometimes seriously.

But I've noticed that he's been ornery of late... Especially when it comes to babies and criticism. Kinda coming across as insufferable and off-putting at times. Far cry from the days when he was posting in character as Viconia and Jaheira.

"Things are funny...are comedic, because they mix the real with the absurd." - Buzz Aldrin.

"P-O-T-A-T-O-E" - Dan Quayle

our next tweet will be our first.  140 character limit, yes? is not a medium suited to our disposition. such spontaneous ejaculation is vulgar and invariably disappointing. also, as it is an internet kinda thing, there is no "take backsees." you say something stoopid and it is out there, forever. 140 characters probably not gonna lead to serious reflection, so am guessing that people is frequently spreading their premature... thoughts, all over the interweb. 

we looked at linky and all we could see were that dave's cat is back... he is trying to quit smoking... there is a new Devil's Dictionary for kids o' the information age that we has been blissfully unawares. how the hell you get 9k people following such stuff? am doubting dave's tweets is worse than anybody else, but lord knows we can't bear to read such.

HA! Good Fun!

• Like 2

"If there be time to expose through discussion the falsehood and fallacies, to avert the evil by the processes of education, the remedy to be applied is more speech, not enforced silence."Justice Louis Brandeis, Concurring, Whitney v. California, 274 U.S. 357 (1927)

"Im indifferent to almost any murder as long as it doesn't affect me or mine."--Gfted1 (September 30, 2019)

Some are better tweeters than others. Haikus aren't that much longer. Dave's actually not so bad...but snarky comments about crying babies and murder is laying it a bit thick. He did that a few weeks back.

Still twitter is a pretty good medium for informal interactions and is more accessible than Internet forums.

"Things are funny...are comedic, because they mix the real with the absurd." - Buzz Aldrin.

"P-O-T-A-T-O-E" - Dan Quayle

Canon: (n.) (see also: "Cannon") When my precious choices are overridden by developer hubris

Gaider said sarcastically, not realizing the truth to his own words.

Pander: (v.) To spend any attention on a less intelligent and less deserving group than my own. (see: "fan service")

Not saying I want Call Of duty's fanbase and money, but I want call of duty's fan base and money.

Deus Ex Machina: (n.) When something happens which I didn't see coming. And I thought it was lame.

I write for ****, excuse my ****.

Retcon: (n., slang) Any development in a character and/or plot that doesn't go where I thought they should go

We like overriding ****, sue us. Oh wait you can't! Silly fan.

Plot Hole: (n.) When the story advances in a way I didn't anticipate, understand, or endorse

See above on Deux Ex. Which by the way is a game with superior writing than mine.

Realistic: (adj.) The line at which an element in a fantasy world goes from welcomed to "this makes me uncomfortable"

You white cisgenderd scumbag. 

Cliffhanger: (n.) When every plot thread isn't definitively closed and every question answered by the end of the story.

I would like to make a silly response to this, but I can't.

If that really is him, than wow.

Edited by NKKKK
  • Like 3

Ka-ka-ka-ka-Cocaine!

Z9SVsCY.gif

I'm working through some aggression, since I re-quit smoking.

:lol:

• Like 1

“He who joyfully marches to music in rank and file has already earned my contempt. He has been given a large brain by mistake, since for him the spinal cord would surely suffice.” - Albert Einstein

Maybe the maker packed up and left eons ago, leaving the universe to its own devices?

“He who joyfully marches to music in rank and file has already earned my contempt. He has been given a large brain by mistake, since for him the spinal cord would surely suffice.” - Albert Einstein

Maybe the maker packed up and left eons ago, leaving the universe to its own devices?

Maker, with a capital 'M'.  Show some respect for the entity that created Leliana, you blasphemer.

"Console exclusive is such a harsh word." - Darque

"Console exclusive is two words Darque." - Nartwak (in response to Darque's observation)

Fanboy/Fangirl: (n.) A pejorative aimed at anyone who expresses a liking for something without also expressing contempt.

Inclusive: (adj.) (see “dumbed down”) When a game’s difficulty level isn’t exclusively set to “elite ****”.

Plot Hole: (n.) When the story advances in a way I didn’t anticipate, understand, or endorse.

Butthurt: (n., slang) When even mild annoyance is derided as someone’s reaction to anal sex. Because I imagine my own potential reactions to anal sex. A lot. I wouldn’t like it, I swear.

I want to mock it but I can't. I feel like Cartman, who, after seing people with buttocks in place of their faces could not laugh anymore.

• Like 1

MzpydUh.gif