What you did today

Tale

Sold a rifle to buy....a new rifle.  :dancing:  Whats astonishing is I sold the rifle 10 minutes after I decided to get rid of it, and the price was not to shabby either. Thats a new record! 

I gazed at the dead, and for one dark moment I saw a banquet. 

So one could say you made a "killer" profit? "badum-thss"

Logged onto Obsidian on a regular PC instead of my cellphone and felt a surge of 'happiness of familiarity'.. :)

Also, currently house sitting a rather beautiful country mansion (friends Family out travelling).. with free roaming horses, a nearby golf lane and lots of beautiful forests nearby. 

This  journey around Denmark has almost been a spiritual for me (I know it sounds silly), but I've seen so many people, nature, old Family and friends.. I've discovered alot about my history and the history of the land.. I guess I forgot  how important all of this is.. living in the city.

• Like 2

Fortune favors the bald.

More gif work with pixel art. Inspired by my nick, obviously.

И погибе Српски кнез Лазаре,
И његова сва изгибе војска, 
Седамдесет и седам иљада;
Све је свето и честито било
И миломе Богу приступачно.

Painted a few window frames and then built my fathers new computer, he bought the parts i picked for him. The salesman screwed him over with the chassis though.

This does'nt equate "Plain and simple". -.-

I really don't like putting together other peoples computers, because I'm poor and unemployed, so I'm really paranoid about breaking anything...

Civilization, in fact, grows more and more maudlin and hysterical; especially under democracy it tends to degenerate into a mere combat of crazes; the whole aim of practical politics is to keep the populace alarmed (and hence clamorous to be led to safety) by menacing it with an endless series of hobgoblins, most of them imaginary. - H.L. Mencken

Today I made icecream, by freezing and then blending and re-freezing a mix of:

cream

double cream

rice-based milk substitute (seems to work better than milk for some reason)

brown sugar

caster sugar

cinnamon

orange truffle chocolate

chocolate 'nibs'

Very VERY delicious.

"It wasn't lies. It was just... bull****"."

-Elwood Blues

tarna's dead; processing... complete. Disappointed by Universe. RIP Hades/Sand/etc. Here's hoping your next alt has a harp.

This looks like a special diet plan to increase your weight by 225 kilograms in seconds

Just think of me as the Maginot line.

• Like 1

-Elwood Blues

tarna's dead; processing... complete. Disappointed by Universe. RIP Hades/Sand/etc. Here's hoping your next alt has a harp.

Everything is going wrong at work. We ran out of trip sheets (so we have to remember to record the info by hand and mark it down), and then we ran out of gas on our company credit card. So we've been running the vans until they're almost empty, then swapping to another vehicle. Means that for right now and my next run I'm driving a MINIVAN! Mooshy suspension but it's better than the van who's got steering with more play than a football game and that slides all over the free way as you drive it.

Victor of the 5 year fan fic competition!

Kevin Butler will awesome your face off.

Borderlands 2 with the hubby right now. Except he ran out of beer ... crisis, pause game! Back to it soon.

Hard to imagine playing BL2 with anyone else at this point. We're like a well oiled team. An often confused and lost team, but at least we know how the other thinks/moves.

• Like 1
“Things are as they are. Looking out into the universe at night, we make no comparisons between right and wrong stars, nor between well and badly arranged constellations.” – Alan Watts

Sold a rifle to buy....a new rifle.  :dancing:  Whats astonishing is I sold the rifle 10 minutes after I decided to get rid of it, and the price was not to shabby either. Thats a new record! 

What did you sell and what did you buy?

"While it is true you learn with age, the down side is what you often learn is what a damn fool you were before"

Thomas Sowell

Today I got drunk and played Baldur's Gate Trilogy. I hope that magic isn't so god damn hard to dispell in PE.

"Akiva Goldsman and Alex Kurtzman run the 21st century version of MK ULTRA." - majestic

"you're a damned filthy lying robot and you deserve to die and burn in hell." - Bartimaeus

"Without individual thinking you can't notice the plot holes." - InsaneCommander

"Just feed off the suffering of gamers." - Malcador

"You are calling my taste crap." -Hurlshort

"thankfully it seems like the creators like Hungary less this time around." - Sarex

"Don't forget the wakame, dumbass" -Keyrock

"Are you trolling or just being inadvertently nonsensical?' -Pidesco

"we have already been forced to admit you are at least human" - uuuhhii

"I refuse to buy from non-woke businesses" - HoonDing

"feral camels are now considered a pest" - Gorth

"Melkathi is known to be an overly critical grumpy person" - Melkathi

"Oddly enough Sanderson was a lot more direct despite being a Mormon" - Zoraptor

"I found it greatly disturbing to scroll through my cartoon's halfing selection of genitalias." - Wormerine

"Am I phrasing in the most negative light for them? Yes, but it's not untrue." - ShadySands

I've mentioned this before but World War One is the conflict that I am most fascinated with and I collect as many books around that war as I can, the problem is I have many excellent autobiographies written by the likes of Robert Graves and Sigfried Sassoon but very few books that represent the German side of the war and life in the trenches. Almost all the German perspectives of the war are written in German so purchasing them wouldn't help as I can't read or speak German  ;(

Then I can wholeheartedly recommend you the book ''in Stahlgewittern'' (Storm of steel), the enthralling diary of Ernst Jünger, a (slightly fanatic) German troop officer in WWI ( ISBN 0-86527-310-3) - yes, there exists a translated version of this book, I think Amazon international sells them. One hell of an exciting book, he served in WWI from the beginning to its very end. 

Begleitbuch_zu_In_Stahlgewitten.jpg

Bruce, whats your second language? There exists tons of good German literature so its definitely a language worth learning. I'm a lucky bastard and can read manuscripts and books written by both sides of the conflict.  :biggrin:

I read a translated part (20 something pages) for my Peace Studies course. He left a strong impression .

И погибе Српски кнез Лазаре,
И његова сва изгибе војска, 
Седамдесет и седам иљада;
Све је свето и честито било
И миломе Богу приступачно.

Peace studies ? What kind of hippy course is that ? :p

Week off starting rather slowly as I've just been sitting here. Did manage to get the dogs out for a walk at 7:30 or so, before the heat kicked in too much (due for 40 C with humidity all this week, joy).

Why has elegance found so little following? Elegance has the disadvantage that hard work is needed to achieve it and a good education to appreciate it. - Edsger Wybe Dijkstra

Why can't I ever post anything worth posting in this thread that's good news?

My girlfriend missed her period last week and then got extremely sick this weekend. Turned out she was pregnant and it was ectopic. Thankfully the sickness seems to have been her body fixing it by itself, but we gotta pay attention and get some additional blood tests done later in the week. If it gets any worse, they might have to remove one of her Fallopian tubes. : /

My girlfriend missed her period last week and then got extremely sick this weekend. Turned out she was pregnant and it was ectopic. Thankfully the sickness seems to have been her body fixing it by itself, but we gotta pay attention and get some additional blood tests done later in the week. If it gets any worse, they might have to remove one of her Fallopian tubes. : /

Oh god. Nothing more worrying than that sort of thing happening to someone you love. Be strong.

• Like 1

-Elwood Blues

For your question - well that's your fault, surely good things happen, so write them down here. Problem solved.

As for your girlfriend, hope she gets well soon and she avoids requiring surgery.

• Like 1

Why has elegance found so little following? Elegance has the disadvantage that hard work is needed to achieve it and a good education to appreciate it. - Edsger Wybe Dijkstra

Very sorry to hear that and for what it's worth I hope everything works out for you both

• Like 1

Free games updated 3/4/21

What did you sell and what did you buy?

I'm also interesting in what you bought/sold

I dunno what's wrong with me but recently I've been browsing like crazy for a new gun to add to the collection. Hand guns mostly since there are restrictions in the city/county where I live that prohibit me from getting the one thing I truly want, an AR-15. I really miss long distance target shooting with iron sights... one of the few things I miss from the military.

Currently eyeing a 9mm

H&K P30 for use in the local indoor range. Anyone have any thoughts or experience with it?

Pretty sure that half the forum now thinks I'm a crazy gun nut and I've also been added to a few NSA (and other 3 letter agency) watch lists  :p

EDIT: I should say that I'm waffling between the P30 and the Walther PPQ  :unsure:

Edited by ShadySands
  • Like 1

@ True Neutral
Sorry to hear that, hope everything goes well.

What I did today?

Soul crushing seemingly never ending office work for a salary thats barely enough to keep myself and my guns fed. To get my anger and frustration out of my system I did my favorite weight exercises today, 3 sets of 8 350 lbs barbell shrugs and 2 sets of one armed 160 lbs t-bar shrugs to hit the neck really hard. I love neck exercises.

I'm also interesting in what you bought/sold

Sold a Mauser 98 FR-8 308Win to buy a longer version (not the carbine version) of this rifle:

As much as I love black tacticool modern rifles, nothing beats old simple military surplus warhorses, wood and steel, they just work and they're on the very top of my ''aesthetically pleasant things'' - list.

G1911.jpg?t=1297364693

Edited by Woldan
  • Like 2

As much as I love black tacticool modern rifles, nothing beats old simple military surplus warhorses, wood and steel, they just work and they're on the very top of my ''aesthetically pleasant things'' - list.

I can agree with that

The M1 Garand is a favorite of mine

Which gives me an excuse to post this

• Like 3

I've always loved the the M1Garand, the M1A and the M1 carbine, especially the paratrooper version of the latter.  Sadly the government of my beloved country does not allow me to own said rifles for a bunch of reasons that do not make any sense at all.